Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
Death to Tohaa! Disappointing to see them revived.

Also a little miffed to see the Morans repacked just after I finished assembling the ones I bought with the old koalas included. Such is life.

Cassa posted:

Not to harp on a dead subject, but I wish all the Zuyongs were as beefy as the Missile Launcher one.

Yeah the wasp-waisted female HI really annoy me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Genghis Cohen posted:

Yeah the wasp-waisted female HI really annoy me.

I stopped playing infinity because of this.

I've been thinking about getting into painting again so lurking some of the old threads. Learning a lot about colour schemes and theming.

Totally agree with the comments from the last page. The algo pricing makes a lot of sense when you're figuring things out and trying not to break your game, but the roles and archetypes of infinity unit pieces are super fleshed out. We understand why a 1 pt chain rifle is good in this X context (line dude you have to take and costs 10 base) and unplayable tax in another (70 pt hi. It's another option but you'd rather heavy pistol, dodge or reset etc)

Toalpaz fucked around with this message at 16:56 on May 12, 2024

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I've got the itch again but I haven't played the game since like mid 3rd edition where you'd run into people running 30 orders with rocket launchers and other nonsense. The game looks quite a bit different now. Are tags and HI as good as they seem to my out of date eyes? Have they introduced any new game modes or made significant changes to scenarios? Seems like I have a lot to catch up on.

PurplPenisEata
Jul 21, 2004
I WANT TO BLOW DOUCHEBAG CHEFS
Big changes include:

15 order cap, split in 2 order groups. No more 30 unit lists

Reinforcements. A new game mode with a chance to drop in some of your units mid game.

And a lot of work was done to un nest skills, so profiles are a bit cleaner on what skills a unit really brings.

I started playing in n4, so I can’t speak to how these changes impact the feel for a returning player.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Tactical Awareness (essentially a bonus Irregular Order) makes HI and TAGs way more useful in the kinds of limited-order lists you see in N4.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
IMO the biggest, actually fun change that happened recently is Resilience Operations.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

TAGs are highly efficient for a number of reasons.

They tend to be much more reliable at killing opponents than anything but the most specialized tools, which means fewer orders of "dangit, guess I gotta shot again."

Move orders to get into the 'hot' zones of the board are a significant economic drain; because TAGs are so resilient, this means that situations where you move a piece up into the mid/far board and it gets shot to death without doing anything other than spending orders are much rarer.

When you spend a move-move to put a TAG upboard, you spent one order to move 60+ points of threat toward your opponent. If you want to move 60+ points of threat toward your opponent in light or medium units, that's 2-6x as many orders.

The combination of nasty guns and high armor mean that when you're closing out an attack run and put your TAG behind around a corner in Suppressive Fire, its real pain in the rear end to dislodge or maneuver around for your opponent, draining their orders more than a similar maneuver with most units.

All of this is counterable to some extent or another, its not like TAGs are actually invincible, but they do have some real serious advantages, especially for the really common game plan of 'ram your strongest guns into your opponents face and then do any other scoring after you have like 3:1 order advantage and total board control.'

I actually mostly like very light skirmishy lists, Haqq & its sectorials are my favorites, which means it behooves me to understand the nature of how I'm getting my rear end kicked and how to counter that.

e: all that applies to HI but like, in a more limited way.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Trying to get Infinity going at the local shop, so I'm playing again and painting again. Weird!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

July preorders:

Hassassin expansion pack alpha: Hassassin Fiday with Boarding Shotgun, a Hassassin Farzan with Boarding Shotgun, and a Hassassin Lasiq with Viral Rifle.

New Ajax

Wrecker

Invincible Army action pack

Invincible Army expansion pack: Haidào with MULTI Sniper Rifle, a Dāoyīng Hacker, and a Zhēnchá Hacker

Yáoxiè Remotes (Lù Duan and Rui Shi) in the Unicool hard plastic they've been using for the ITS models.

Epsilon Series bases

August (GenCon) releases: Warcrow is the big one but yes, that's a new Tikbalang and something that translates to "rapid/urgent regiment" with an NA2 product code so probably JSA.