Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

squibble
Sep 30, 2003

I hate every loving one of you for luring me in here when I saw 15 posts. "Oh, new strip!" I thought. But, no. No, it's not a new strip. Now I am changed forever and it's all. Your. Fault.

:argh:

edit - And my first snype wasted on this poo poo!

:argh::argh::argh:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Cabbit posted:

Then there's that whole thing about "If you use the 4E License, you must convert all your products to 4E and no longer sell 3.5E-based products" thing. Did that ever get axed?

IIRC, it was clarified that it mean that you couldn't sell a 4E version AND a 3.5 of the same item. So you could sell your 3.5 products, but you couldn't sell a 3.5 and a 4E version of the same adventure.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Piell posted:

IIRC, it was clarified that it mean that you couldn't sell a 4E version AND a 3.5 of the same item. So you could sell your 3.5 products, but you couldn't sell a 3.5 and a 4E version of the same adventure.

That's still pretty goddamn dumb.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Well somehow the dudes at Dias Ex Machina were still able to put out Amethyst, so the license can't be totally unnavigable. I'm getting pretty antsy for that book to arrive at my house. :ohdear:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

New Strip!

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

The cracks at the base of the throne are a nice touch.

brown_recluse
Jul 19, 2006
Pessimist by policy, optimist by temperament.
And V still has the arrow stuck in his chest.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Wow, Nale. Considering you were probably below level 9 back then you either have brassier balls than I thought, or Elan's brain problem is more of a genetic trait.

That said, poor cows. Not even given the dignity of a field of wheat or entire harvest of potatoes to share a plate with.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Who wants to bet this place used to be Tyrinara, the country Elan and Nale's dad used to rule over? They're gonna get tossed in the dungeon and find Haley's father.

shadysight
Mar 31, 2007

Only slightly crazy

Mylan posted:

Who wants to bet this place used to be Tyrinara, the country Elan and Nale's dad used to rule over? They're gonna get tossed in the dungeon and find Haley's father.

I'll take that bet. Things have obviously changed recently, but they were just outside, and it would seem probable that one of them would have noticed that they were in their home country.

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne

shadysight posted:

I'll take that bet. Things have obviously changed recently, but they were just outside, and it would seem probable that one of them would have noticed that they were in their home country.

But Elan grew up with his mother in a completely different place (the comic says his father abandoned them in a village), and didn't Haley grow up in Blackport with the thieves guild? She certainly lived there with her father at some point (I remember a comic of the father introducing her to her rival there), he must have been arrested when he was out of the area for some reason.

e: Yes, http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0608.html implies Haley and her father lived in Blackport. There's no evidence any character (except the father) has ever been to Tyrinia (or whatever it's called).

Noonsaliwah fucked around with this message at 10:13 on May 5, 2010

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
There is some, he has been imprisoned somewhere by "an evil dictator", now whether that means Elan's dad or that dragon or someone else, who knows but I'd assume it would be here just to cut down on time.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Mylan posted:

Haley's dad is the power behind the throne, no way he's stayed in jail through multiple regime changes. Can you imagine Haley, thrown in jail, watching the government that imprisoned her crumble and going "welp, gonna sit here and see who brings me my next meal", or would she take the opportunity and end up running the joint?

Werner-Boogle
Jan 23, 2009
:siren: New Strip! :siren:

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
A menstruation joke.

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007

Lord Commissar posted:

A menstruation joke.

I'm too at work to dig back through the archives, but I'm fairly sure he's done at least one of those before.

Granted, not nearly so :gonk:

vvv
Right, I was thinking of the second one.

sfwarlock fucked around with this message at 20:35 on May 6, 2010

Zetetica
Jan 22, 2010

sfwarlock posted:

I'm too at work to dig back through the archives, but I'm fairly sure he's done at least one of those before.

Granted, not nearly so :gonk:

Two. When Roy dons the belt of change, and when Sabine comes up with an excuse to visit her bosses in hell.
I guess he thinks they're not so bad if he has the female characters deliver them.

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

Zetetica posted:

Two. When Roy dons the belt of change

Wow. Elan's Locke Cole getup is so much better than the old outfit.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

A Big Dark Yak posted:

Wow. Elan's Locke Cole getup is so much better than the old outfit.

Remember, Elan had a cape back then too but had taken it off so Roy could use it as a skirt.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I got a genuine chuckle out of "OR POSSIBLY THEIR GRILL!"

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.
I got a vague Monster in the Darkness vibe from the Empress for the first few panels, but then it went away. :)

Skulljoke
Sep 24, 2009

XkyRauh posted:

I got a vague Monster in the Darkness vibe from the Empress for the first few panels, but then it went away. :)

Me too, it was the eyes though, her eyes have the same shape as the MITD, although are a different colour. The difference being one eye being much smaller than the other (rather than slightly so as with all the other characters)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

All I get from The Empress is hearing the Slurm Queen from Futurama in my head.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

ImpAtom posted:

All I get from The Empress is hearing the Slurm Queen from Futurama in my head.

You too? drat, that's eerie.

JustV
Apr 23, 2008

Only Literally On Fire

Look everyone! Chart Jokes!

Also, for the five of you interested, Dungeon Crawlin' Fools and Start of Darkness are now both back in print.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

You know, it's probably just as well that this kingdom turned out to be not-so-nice. If they'd been willing to bargain with Elan and co, it would have gotten super-awkward when V's whole 'wipe out a poo poo-ton of black dragons' thing came up.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Hey, we found out what that one guy is. All of us were wrong! :D

Nosy_G
May 6, 2007

I must say - a variable-speed corn muffin certainly sounds interesting to me.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Vicissitude posted:

Hey, we found out what that one guy is. All of us were wrong! :D

Yeah, dead wrong! :v:

Boldor posted:

Some kind of half-dragon is more likely;

rex monday posted:

This reminds me of the time soon after reading 3rd edition came out that I came to the realization that dragons can and will gently caress anything.

Vicissitude posted:

Yeah, I'm just gonna say half-dragon.

Oh gently caress, why did I just have to visualise a dragon loving an ogre.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Dragons and elves collectively form the Zeus of D&D.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
I remember a DM of mine told me his big boss for the end of his campaign was going to be a half-red dragon troll. I still can't figure that one out.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

crime fighting hog posted:

I remember a DM of mine told me his big boss for the end of his campaign was going to be a half-red dragon troll. I still can't figure that one out.

Dragons

gently caress

Everything

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
There's a really strong Xanth influence on AD&D's third edition that honestly did not need to be there at all.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

Wanderer posted:

There's a really strong Xanth influence on AD&D's third edition that honestly did not need to be there at all.

I've joked a lot in the past that dragons gently caress everything, but to be honest, this was never stated in the books. They just went a little crazy making Half-* templates because they thought templates were the best way to make new monsters or some dumb thing (yay, more needless math!), but in none of those entries that I remember is it ever spelled out how a half-dragon half-gelatinous cube comes into being. If I'd ever actually used one I'd probably say it was due to some dragon cultist performing crazy experiments.

edit: I mention this mainly because I thought the Xanth comment was too harsh. No one should be accused of having a Xanth influence unduly. That's just a step far.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
New Strip! And it's a good one!

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

You are lazy, Affi!

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
That guy really reminds me of Dark Helmet for some reason. (I'm guessing it's the helmet.)

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
That should be a plotperson, maybe Haleys daddy?

edit; Yes I am lazy

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Affi posted:

That should be a plotperson, maybe Haleys daddy?

edit; Yes I am lazy

Reminds me more of someone else's daddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Geeze I thought his daddy was a ruler of a kingdom not a general. That does make more sense.