Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
Reignover is joining CLG for their bootcamp in Korea

https://www.facebook.com/gg.Immortals/posts/1605848719709644:0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Max Coveri posted:

Reignover is joining CLG for their bootcamp in Korea

https://www.facebook.com/gg.Immortals/posts/1605848719709644:0

Obligatory "I guess this explains where he was during the gauntlet final against C9"

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Reignover to CLG would be a thing.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
If anyone knows how much I have ragged on xSmithie last year, you will know that it's hard for me to say this, but to be honest, he's probably the best player on the team right now along with Aphro. He would be the last or second to last person I would remove in that team.

e: also if you read that article it's pretty clear reignover is just coming in as a coach, he's not going to CLG

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Sep 14, 2016

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The meta has shifted away from Darshan's strength and exposed him as being a really bad Top Lane and he's gonna get crushed IRL and should just retire.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Asema posted:

The meta has shifted away from Darshan's strength and exposed him as being a really bad Top Lane and he's gonna get crushed IRL and should just retire.

I basically agree.

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
I agree that Xmithy has been the most consistent player on CLG since MSI... still gotta take Reignover though

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Huhi is basically an intermediate bot in mid-lane. He's the worst player by a mile. Stixxay has shown he can play up to high-tier competition, so has Aphro. Xmithie had a good split, better than a lot of guys who have a lot more hype, he still occassionally makes boneheaded moves but certainly not an egregious amount for an NA jungler. Darshan is an excellent player, his mechanics on top lane carry champions are so good I would keep him on that merit alone, I don't think there's a higher value replacement player available to CLG. Darshan has been terrible at playing the map with teleporting (unless it's the entire team playing around him split pushing) and he's not team fought well on engage tanks, I feel like those things can be better coached or practiced, his core mechanics are strong.

Huhi is blahhhhhhhhhhhh

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

Huhi is basically an intermediate bot in mid-lane. He's the worst player by a mile. Stixxay has shown he can play up to high-tier competition, so has Aphro. Xmithie had a good split, better than a lot of guys who have a lot more hype, he still occassionally makes boneheaded moves but certainly not an egregious amount for an NA jungler. Darshan is an excellent player, his mechanics on top lane carry champions are so good I would keep him on that merit alone, I don't think there's a higher value replacement player available to CLG. Darshan has been terrible at playing the map with teleporting (unless it's the entire team playing around him split pushing) and he's not team fought well on engage tanks, I feel like those things can be better coached or practiced, his core mechanics are strong.

Huhi is blahhhhhhhhhhhh

Huhi is awful. He is probably the luckiest player in the NA LCS right now, because CLG is a decent macro team and he has a good jungler and those two things make him look much better than he is.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I really like Darshan, but I think he's barely a top 5 Top in NA right now. He did not play well in the games I saw.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Shadow225 posted:

I really like Darshan, but I think he's barely a top 5 Top in NA right now. He did not play well in the games I saw.

I mean a team can be comprised of non top-caliber players and still be a 1st/2nd place team. Cloud 9 is proof of this considering their best world's run (so far) featured Balls Top Hai Mid Lemon Support and (arguable) Meteos Jungle (I don't remember who the other junglers were in Season 4 or whenever they got to quarter's at ). You don't necessarily need to have the best in slot players on your team to have a good team

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Libertine posted:

Darshan is an excellent player, his mechanics on top lane carry champions are so good I would keep him on that merit alone, I don't think there's a higher value replacement player available to CLG. Darshan has been terrible at playing the map with teleporting (unless it's the entire team playing around him split pushing) and he's not team fought well on engage tanks, I feel like those things can be better coached or practiced, his core mechanics are strong

Darshan has been in the LCS for as long as it's actually been the LCS. If he was in his first or second split I could see this point, but after a while I think you kind of just have to accept that this is what he is.

Edit: Not that I can come up with a better replacement offhand, other than hoping random Korean top laner can mesh with CLG.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

henkman posted:

The overall narrative for group D at Worlds 2014 is one of my favorites, with Alliance going from perfect gaming Najin White Shield off of Shook's amazing Lee Sin to losing to Kabum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAImgaRyn3E

Also whatever OMG vs FNC game went an hour and a half with multiple back door attempts

Lovechop posted:

as well as the ones everyone else is mentioning

fnc vs ssb game 1 is great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88hWJ5Twnjc

and also this loving awesome xpeke vs dade 1v1 from game 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cNLSMsiQ0g

korean version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElDFx9zaIYo

These are super good. Thanks.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Yasuo is going to be picked top lane at worlds, its Darshan's time to shine

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Darshan reminds me a lot of Insec - unquestionably mechanically godlike, sometimes questionable decision-making, picks a lot of dumb poo poo.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Jerkface posted:

Yasuo is going to be picked top lane at worlds, its Darshan's time to shine

6.18 murdered tank Yasuo and he has really rough matchups against top laners who will be part of the worlds meta like Riven, Kennen and Rumble. I really doubt we will still see it, even as a Gnar counter.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Darshan is really good on the mini part of Gnar and really bad on the mega part of Gnar so worlds balance is going to rest on the knife's edge of whether or not he can figure out how to not suicide/whiff stuns on mega Gnar.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Firebert posted:

6.18 murdered tank Yasuo and he has really rough matchups against top laners who will be part of the worlds meta like Riven, Kennen and Rumble. I really doubt we will still see it, even as a Gnar counter.

Yeah I really doubt we will see Yasuo at all at worlds. Riven is a much more likely carry top lane pick.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Sexpansion posted:

Yeah I really doubt we will see Yasuo at all at worlds. Riven is a much more likely carry top lane pick.

Darshan will pick it, trust

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
impact went toplane sunfire yasuo last season right

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

ArbitraryC posted:

impact went toplane sunfire yasuo last season right

every toplane champ was good with iceborn/sunfire last season so I'm not surprised.

e:

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Sep 14, 2016

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/TeamSoloMid/status/776143586723147776

Thanks Lustboy. I'd actually forgotten all about Gravity.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Crazy Larry posted:

Darshan has been in the LCS for as long as it's actually been the LCS. If he was in his first or second split I could see this point, but after a while I think you kind of just have to accept that this is what he is.

Edit: Not that I can come up with a better replacement offhand, other than hoping random Korean top laner can mesh with CLG.

Didn't work out too hot last time they tried it with Seraph.

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
why are they smelling their fingers?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

YancyQ posted:

why are they smelling their fingers?

they just got back from your moms :coal:

Lustboys move was the john cena cant see me thing they are doing that

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Sep 14, 2016

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/karonmoser/status/776384168120819713

All that gold and Jensen still cries on stage like a child

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
why does albus nox give so much to support?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Sneaky actually gets a disproportionate amount of gold for a third carry.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Kashuno posted:

why does albus nox give so much to support?

Support Brand :unsmigghh:

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Libertine posted:

Huhi is blahhhhhhhhhhhh

You can make a pretty decent case that Darshan was the worst toplaner in all of LCS when controlling for team level. At least Huhi managed middle-of-the-road KDAs and CS/min rates. Darshan was last in the entire LCS in toplane CS/min while consistently picking carry toplaners and splitpushing a lot more than most other toplaners, and 3rd last in KDA. Both had awful kill participation, 2nd to last in each of their respective roles.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

blah_blah posted:

You can make a pretty decent case that Darshan was the worst toplaner in all of LCS when controlling for team level. At least Huhi managed middle-of-the-road KDAs and CS/min rates. Darshan was last in the entire LCS in toplane CS/min while consistently picking carry toplaners and splitpushing a lot more than most other toplaners, and 3rd last in KDA. Both had awful kill participation, 2nd to last in each of their respective roles.

I honestly had no idea it was that bad and retract some of my previous praise

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Beyond the Rift had IWillDominate as the guest, and one of the talking points was Your Regrets. Imaqtpie regrets flaming Crumbz and calling him garbage and telling him how to jungle via screaming.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

blah_blah posted:

Ya I think Huhi gets lots of crap from the community but he has played some really good games. He was mvp of series vs TL in playoffs and had most mvps during regular split for CLG. He is not a top3 team midlaner caliber but his teamfighting is pretty good. Darshan for a player who has actually been good and gets none of the blame has been actually one of the worst players in CLG for most of this year. Anyone remember his maokai at MSI where he basically tp flanked/didnt ult and instantly died.

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Huhi and Darshan are both pretty bad. It's gonna be up to Stixxay, Aphro, and Reignover to carry them back into finals...

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

DoA and Monte are going to be casting an OGN Overwatch tournament during Worlds, so I guess that confirms they won't be there.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
darshan's tank play reminds me of when you're a kid and your parents tell you to do something, so you do it incredibly badly on purpose in hopes they won't ask you again

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Huhi and Darshan were detriments to CLG more often than they were carrying a game. It's fine if you've got a solo laner lagging behind if the rest of the team can boost you, but both of CLG's solo lanes are bad; any team with a good top lane is going to obliterate Darshan and likewise for any time with a good midlaner against Huhi.

In Group A CLG has to worry about Smeb/Peanut crushing Top lane and Perkz/Trick crushing mid; both teams have incredibly good junglers and the edge goes over to their opponents because even if Xmithie manages to keep up the solo lanes are going to keel over and die.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Killed By Death posted:

DoA and Monte are going to be casting an OGN Overwatch tournament during Worlds, so I guess that confirms they won't be there.

Oh my god I need to watch this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Kashuno posted:

Oh my god I need to watch this

I don't really enjoy Overwatch (it's just TF2-like enough to make me want to play TF2 and not Overwatch) but I will probably watch it for the casting alone.

• Locked thread