Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GazChap posted:

So, a while ago I had a Castrol rally kit fitted to my Celica GT-Four:

The last bit of the puzzle as far as cosmetic changes to the car was to sort out the frankly awful interior, full of tired fabric and various things that had seen better days. That was done this weekend:

I will never, ever stop hating you. God drat that looks good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

General_Failure posted:

That's really awesome but you should have had the cage fitted before getting the interior done.

Don't cage a street car thanks

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
It looks gorgeous, finally has an interior to match the exterior. What kind of reaction do you get from people on the street?

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

It looks gorgeous, finally has an interior to match the exterior. What kind of reaction do you get from people on the street?
It turns heads, that's for sure.

It tends to get most reaction from kids, weirdly. I don't think they realise the significance of the Castrol livery, or know anything about the WRC or the Celica's heritage though, I suspect they just see "race car" and like it.

Quite a few thumbs up from the older guys though, 30+ say. I've had a few people ask me about it, and a couple who've asked for advice on fixing their car issues, as "you look like you know about cars" (when ironically I know almost jack)

A lot of people probably think I'm a barry-boy (or ricer, in US lingo I believe) but I don't care about that - the car finally looks how I want it to inside and out, so I'm happy now ;)

And no, won't be putting a cage in it - I used to track it every so often but it's not really any fun, the AWD just doesn't let go. I've got my M5 for that stuff nowadays!

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

GazChap posted:

I don't think they.. know anything about the WRC or the Celica's heritage though

EDIT:\/\/\/ Just to say, I love your car.

Sockington fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Dec 11, 2012

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.
Well, I meant more the ST185 and Carlos Sainz, really ;)

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
2013 BMW 335i xDrive with 6 speed manual and dynamic handling package. :)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

sean10mm posted:

2013 BMW 335i xDrive with 6 speed manual and dynamic handling package. :)

Nice. Now I will recommend as I recommend all black cars, black rims

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Bob NewSCART posted:

Nice. Now I will recommend as I recommend all black cars, black rims

Looks blue to me. I haven't seen the 2012 3 series in person yet, kinda interested in seeing how the pointy-nose looks in person, looks pretty damned nice in pictures.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Yep, it's what they call Imperial Blue Metallic.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Now that you mention it you're probably right. Dark blue on black is even better (hint hint)

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

I'm kind of mixed on the nose, it looks good from most angles IMO but head on it looks kind of :saddowns:

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Bob NewSCART posted:

Now that you mention it you're probably right. Dark blue on black is even better (hint hint)

I sprayed my winter wheels with plasti dip, and Barbera Red looks pretty sharp with black wheels. They're Sport Edition brand, which started to deteriorate after four Vermont winters, so I freshened them up.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7932649/328xi.jpg

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Alarbus posted:

I sprayed my winter wheels with plasti dip, and Barbera Red looks pretty sharp with black wheels. They're Sport Edition brand, which started to deteriorate after four Vermont winters, so I freshened them up.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7932649/328xi.jpg

That's a nice dark red. Red is usually pretty hard to pull off, especially darker red versus the brighter tones.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Bob NewSCART posted:

That's a nice dark red. Red is usually pretty hard to pull off, especially darker red versus the brighter tones.

Thanks, that was also freshly washed and waxed. It replaced my Japanrot 325xi but those wheels are just dirty, not actually black.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I brought this home tonight.

toaster_pastry
Apr 30, 2004

against all authority

Endless Mike posted:

First mod should be Toyota badges. :)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

toaster_pastry posted:

First mod should be Toyota badges. :)

That's a possibility!

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

thats a mean looking front end

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

Endless Mike posted:

Agh, I'm jealous. I'm trying to wait just a few more weeks until I pick one up.

I love that dark blue, it reminds me of the same blue toyota used to have as an option on a lot of their cars in the 80s. I hope to some day pick up a Celica All Trac in it.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

some texas redneck posted:

Normally I could care less about JDM lights on any other car, but they really look a lot better on the 90-93 Integras. And they lit the road up drat well with zero glare, but gently caress if you can find H4H bulbs easily...

Wait you're telling me the glass headlights were even worse for visibility than the plastic Japanese ones? I honestly didn't think headlights got any dimmer than those.

Here's my G2, 1990 Japanese import XSi sedan

I added some oh so 90s wheels and a cheap set of Jamex spring which promptly sagged in the rear as you can see from the above photo (eventually replaced them with a better quality Neuspeed set which dramatically improved ride/handling)

Owned it from 2001 to 2007ish and loved that drat car - would probably still be driving it today if it wasn't literally falling apart (I'm sure those springs coupled with my frequent camping trips didn't help)

Duckjob
Aug 22, 2003
Pack 'n Save has everyday low prices
Quick photoshoot after installing coilovers.

5D3_8540 by capacity4action, on Flickr

5D3_8527 by capacity4action, on Flickr

Ripped the front passenger CV boot in the process, so tomorrow is going to be a greasy day

Duckjob fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Dec 11, 2012

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Bob NewSCART posted:

You mean like this?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Duckjob posted:

Quick photoshoot after installing coilovers.

5D3_8540 by capacity4action, on Flickr

5D3_8527 by capacity4action, on Flickr

Ripped the front passenger CV boot in the process, so tomorrow is going to be a greasy day

Phwoar, nice. Roll them rear arches though and get it sat down a touch?

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

"...sat down a touch"? Really?

For Duckjob:
Be careful about that suggestion, I did that with COs and they settled far more than I expected (or wanted) them to.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

sean10mm posted:

You mean like this?

I like more intricate/thicker rims, but even those stock rims powdercoated would be nice.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

Sorry that car is perfectly "stanced" already.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I just think the rake looks a bit weird and the rear seems to poke more than the front :thumbsup:

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

I just think the rake looks a bit weird and the rear seems to poke more than the front :thumbsup:

Maybe he wants his car to handle instead of just looking hella tyte to the 18-24 crowd?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

E: It's not even worth arguing. Slightly lowering it at the back would not ruin a thing, imho.

Bape Culture fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Dec 12, 2012

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

dissss posted:

Wait you're telling me the glass headlights were even worse for visibility than the plastic Japanese ones? I honestly didn't think headlights got any dimmer than those.

Exactly what I'm saying. The glass headlights may as well have been like holding a flashlight with weak batteries in front of the car.

Finding bulbs was a pain in the rear end though, nothing in the US was ever sold with H4H bulbs.

Nice looking DA, we didn't get the VTEC engine until 92-93, and only on the top end GSR model (got it as a 1.7, which is pretty drat rare today). The others all got a B18 (B18A for 90-93, B18B for 94-01).

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Just throw an upgraded relay harness and some ridiculous wattage bulb in there and H4 becomes pretty tolerable.

For awhile I was street driving 85W/100W rally bulbs, until I finally figured out that changing the bulbs because the lowbeam burns out every 4 months sucks.

Duckjob
Aug 22, 2003
Pack 'n Save has everyday low prices

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

The rears are rolled, so maybe smidgeon to close the gap a bit. I'd still like to keep it daily derivable with the ability to carry passengers while not sacrificing handling.

Duckjob fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Dec 13, 2012

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

2001 BMW 330Ci, long (mostly suspension) modification list

Wheels are going away ASAP (they were really cheap, $480 including new tires, but I have to run like -3.2 degrees of camber in the back to not rub), and the ride height has been raised quite a bit since this picture was taken.

Sorry I riced your old car Das Volk :devil:

RIP Paul Walker fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Dec 14, 2012

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City
Last night, cold and drizzling. This is the last photo I took before taking it to the body shop this morning. It shouldn't be dark at 5:45pm.

Paul Boz_ fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Dec 14, 2012

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

This Cold Ass Honkey Ain't No Jive Turkey, Ya Dig?

sports posted:

What a beautiful yacht. Please get a landau cover on it stat.

haha sure will :) I love the floaty feel to this car. How could anyone hate it? It's too stubborn of a car design not to love.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

CountOfNowhere posted:

Wheels are going away ASAP (they were really cheap, $480 including new tires, but I have to run like -3.2 degrees of camber in the back to not rub), and the ride height has been raised quite a bit since this picture was taken.

What is the rear size and offset? Tire size? I fit 255s in the back of my E46 on 18x9.5 +43... did some trimming though.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

CountOfNowhere posted:

Are those like 20s hahaha?
-3.2 is not that bad, a lot of people with ~proper setups~ run like -5 or something insane.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

CountOfNowhere posted:

Hey I think it looks great, I just wouldn't run wheels that big because of the extra weight and impact on the ride quality. The M3 bumper looks good, the old one had a super lovely respray done by the dealership I bought it from, so I'm not surprised you went that route. Glad to see it still on the road, how many miles are on it now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS
Just got the Roadster back from its 2nd annual service. I think it is pretty amazing that a sports car that I drive hard every day only requires an annual service that amounts to checking the batteries, brake fluid, blowing the dust out of the computer. There were also 10-15 Model S's sitting around waiting to be picked up, turns out I'm getting mine middle of next month instead of 2014!

Another thing that continues to surprise me is just how spotless the Tesla garages are.