Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Uziduke posted:

I quit playing EVE and started to fish a lot more. I then realized that fishing is the same as playing EVE. Roaming = Trolling, Fishing with the boat still = gate camping/hot dropping.

Your'e welcome to join psyops, apparently it drives Mittens and his girlfriend Gobbins crazy. Corp is up. Long term goal is to make Lowtax CEO for maximum penetration.

bluegoon fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jun 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Got the third character to Blops V using the FAX sp reimbursement. Feels good.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Xolve posted:

Sorry to tell you- this isn't a thing. The only thing you have working in your favor at the moment is massed hurricanes and even that's really only threatening on the planet 5 grid.

so i guess this didn't happen then

https://zkillboard.com/br/77875/

whoops we used canes to kill cfc and it wasn't on the saranen p5m9 grid :ohdearsass:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Thats cool and good and all but, who held the fight???? this is important

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

jm20 posted:

Thats cool and good and all but, who held the fight???? this is important

me, irl

(they were sieging our tower, we lost the tower, but we killed 2 dreads, killed THEIR tower before it onlined, and anchored a new one)

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

man the cfc didn't form to support their allies 2j from their staging, just smdh

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Way to abandon your allies, cfcdot

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
is calling the mbc the cfc a thing now? or is it just querns memeing

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

It really rustled some jimmies in local like 4 days ago, and now we ran it into the ground, like usual.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

i mean, i calls em as i sees em

40k+ players NIP'd living in the north, what else could that possibly describe

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

It's like a reverse "those bee guys" thing where the only thing certain is that when people come back to read this in a few years. No one will have any idea who any of the parties were.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

VideoGames posted:

I actually do see myself playing for at least a few years.

I'm not sure how much it truly comes across in my posts, but I have fallen in love with the nature of the game. I find the flying about going from system to system seriously relaxing. Also just watching my ship orbit asteroids and hearing the buzz of the space lazers makes me smile a lot and I like to imagine I'm there. It's such a beautiful universe they've crafted that I want to be a part of it.

My corp (it's seriously not trying to be big or anything) is slowly, slowly, slowly gathering materials and eventually we will create a citadel for miners and refiners called Mountain. There's no rush with it and it will just happen at some point. I've never wanted people to go out their way with RVCMF because it was designed just for silly relaxing. If we make the citadel awesome! If it takes us years, awesome!

Personal goals are three:

1) To own one of every mining vessel and be able to use them :)
2) To visit every area of the universe. Regardless of being attacked I would like to see each individual spot on the map! It could take a LONG time and I could be killed again and again but I want to explore :D
3) To write about my experiences doing it. I've already written a prologue chapter to my little account (A Minor Tale) and heck, I could have so many experiences to put within it!

Every couple of years since a long time I try to get into eve, but I never last more than a week. This time thanks to your chill corp things are going way better. Instead of joining goonfleet, loging in, feeling lost and intimidated, logging off and forgetting about the game, like all the other times before, now I log into my goonfleet char, feel lost and intimidated, log off and log into my mining alt and chill while chatting with goons and keeping up with my favorite sa threads.

That was a great idea you had and is saving eve for me! Thanks!

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Glory of Arioch posted:

i mean, i calls em as i sees em

40k+ players NIP'd living in the north, what else could that possibly describe

bitter.txt

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Zephyrine posted:

It's like a reverse "those bee guys" thing where the only thing certain is that when people come back to read this in a few years. No one will have any idea who any of the parties were.

It is a videogame. Who cares if people in a few years can distinguish the various parties.

Just have fun, shoot eachother or mine some rocks.

~namaste

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica
Oh my God this is hilarious.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Campfire Coalition, if it makes you feel batter -- but, well, let's be frank. The MBC at the moment is a coalition of ~40,000 players, all blue to each other, although most of them are alts. They ostensibly live in the north, but they're renting most of it out while they PvP elsewhere. They hate each others' guts under the covers, but they'll gladly voltron it up if that's what's needed to hit enemies and defend their profits. A better CFC 2.0 was never described.

If it looks like a duck, and swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's probably SMcD throwing money at lowtax

:labelsareimportant: :ironicpost:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
this unironic spin of current events owns

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Is there something to this no-rig PL smartbombing battleship concept that I don't understand?

https://zkillboard.com/kill/54366694/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/54366559/

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

ullerrm posted:

Campfire Coalition, if it makes you feel batter -- but, well, let's be frank. The MBC at the moment is a coalition of ~40,000 players, all blue to each other, although most of them are alts.

But they aren't actually blue to each other!

They just don't shoot each other, and they go on ops together for strategic goals, and support one another in the war effort.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Glory of Arioch posted:

so i guess this didn't happen then

https://zkillboard.com/br/77875/

whoops we used canes to kill cfc and it wasn't on the saranen p5m9 grid :ohdearsass:

Mercenary Coalition, now a part of PL.

CainFortea posted:

They just don't shoot each other, and they go on ops together for strategic goals, and support one another in the war effort.

We show up, in our own fleet, in our own comms.

They sometimes show up, in their own fleet, in their own comms.

:airquote: "together" :airquote:

CainFortea posted:

But they aren't actually blue to each other!

Hey! We've reset MOA, CO2, and a few other alliances I didn't know existed until the diplomacy update!

Xolve fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jun 1, 2016

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Xolve posted:

Um I said CFC not PL, I am being courteous and not implying that every member of your coalition is the same alliance

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Blazing Zero posted:

this unironic spin of current events owns

i honestly don't know what's ironic or unironic anymore :ohdear:

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Glory of Arioch posted:

Um I said CFC not PL, I am being courteous and not implying that every member of your coalition is the same alliance

It's been what, a month since long time ~valued allies~ SMA and FCON hosed off to greener pastures and we're already going on about which side has the biggest idiots?

Think GigX sinks that one for us all by himself- or maybe Sort dragon who joined a war in favor of GSF.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

frozenpussy posted:

Is there something to this no-rig PL smartbombing battleship concept that I don't understand?

https://zkillboard.com/kill/54366694/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/54366559/

Mr Rive

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Xolve posted:

It's been what, a month since long time ~valued allies~ SMA and FCON hosed off to greener pastures and we're already going on about which side has the biggest idiots?

Think GigX sinks that one for us all by himself- or maybe Sort dragon who joined a war in favor of GSF.

lol is it even a question when you have Tishu and MC and Brave and CO2 and and and and

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Xolve posted:

This is 100% true -- but to be fair mate, how many years have been spent pointing and laughing at GSF whenever LAWN/FCON/SMA/CO2/etc did something stupid.
It's okay to have a bit of fremdschaden when NC or DARK or one of the other well-known lampreys does something stupid, expecting PL to bail them out.

Alternately: Baki Yuki can siege on station in an 8B Phoenix, welp it to dbrb with zero kills, but it's okay, because he's not really PL, for reasons such as

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

ullerrm posted:

This is 100% true -- but to be fair mate, how many years have been spent pointing and laughing at GSF whenever LAWN/FCON/SMA/CO2/etc did something stupid.
It's okay to have a bit of fremdschaden when NC or DARK or one of the other well-known lampreys does something stupid, expecting PL to bail them out.

Alternately: Baki Yuki can siege on station in an 8B Phoenix, welp it to dbrb with zero kills, but it's okay, because he's not really PL, for reasons such as

DYS0N winning the 'troll PL through bad recruitment' award.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

frozenpussy posted:

Meals on Wheels feeding the poor and infirm. Pay it no mind.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jun 1, 2016

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

i honestly don't know what's ironic or unironic anymore :ohdear:

don't try to understand it :justpost:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

ullerrm posted:

people say that about dbrb, which brings me to the conclusion that everyone in eve is the same. we're the pubbies

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

people say that about dbrb, which brings me to the conclusion that everyone in eve is the same. we're the pubbies

well you are certainly.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

ullerrm posted:

Meals on Wheels feeding the poor and infirm. Pay it no mind.

loving Rive.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

globby: everyone's a pubbie. but not everyone's a dumb pubbie.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Does eve have more or less actual players than it did 4 or 5 years ago?

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

GreyPowerVan posted:

less

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

GreyPowerVan posted:

It's strongly suspected to be much less. Nobody knows for sure because CCP suddenly scrubbed everything they released to make sure you couldn't figure out subscriber numbers, but that kinda speaks for itself.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
not necessarily a net loss of revenue. Monetization is healthier and SP is directly purchasable with real money, for starters. And a lot of people are addicted to gambling with ISK these days, which drives PLEX sales as well.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Xolve posted:

who called them idiots, i didn't

MC made a decent play for a tower that should have been an easy score, but their allies (you guys in the cfc) didn't bail them out against irrelevant lowsec nobodies :smithfrog:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

frozenpussy posted:

not necessarily a net loss of revenue. Monetization is healthier and SP is directly purchasable with real money, for starters. And a lot of people are addicted to gambling with ISK these days, which drives PLEX sales as well.

You can buy SP now? Hahahaha

Wow, eve really is dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

GreyPowerVan posted:

You can buy SP now? Hahahaha

Wow, eve really is dying.

• Locked thread