Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

spinderella fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jan 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spinster posted:

"Bob and Michelle settle in to watch their favorite show."
(Please Let me know if any of my info is with this, I'm trying to learn Imgur. Thank you.)

I can tell. Make sure to Edit and Resize images that are like 3000x pixels. And no it's just a picture of birds staring at a tv.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Blazing Ownager posted:

I can tell. Make sure to Edit and Resize images that are like 3000x pixels. And no it's just a picture of birds staring at a tv.

Thank you, I'm really really trying to play technology catch up, but I'm starting from scratch. For now, I guess I'll have to write captions in bottom of image.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spinster posted:

Thank you, I'm really really trying to play technology catch up, but I'm starting from scratch. For now, I guess I'll have to write captions in bottom of image.

No problem, the Imgur thing is an extra hoop from the days when SA had a number of people to kill someone's private image links.

That said it's a very good site to quickly resize an image and post it on a forum. Generally speaking if you're posting on a forum I'd recommend no larger than 600-800 wide otherwise you end up with it going way off the screen or doing all kinds of funky formatting things on lower res screens, plus in general it's best to avoid posts that a giant mega-pictures.

If you link the IMGUR link rather than the image link, we will see any Comments posted on the image, but it won't display in the forum.

ED: If you WANT to post a giant mega picture link to the Imgur and post a Thumbnail instead by putting a t in front of the IMG code.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

The Walking Dead S7: We Only Talk About Imgur

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The internet will die when imgur does

I have thousands of poo poo post images there and lol if they think I'm going to back them up

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

I have thousands of poo poo post images there and lol if they think I'm going to back them up

They could do what photobucket did and monetize all existing photo storage and block it from loading.

this entirely ruined 90% of car forums on the internet that had how to guides with pictures.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

moist turtleneck posted:

Remember when Waffle Images died

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Imageshack.us was my first casualty

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
[56k well maybe]

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Boinks posted:

Remember when Waffle Images died

:furcry:

RIP in peace, sweet prince

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol I forgot about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRXNce4unN8

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Angela Kang (one of the show's writers) is now the new showrunner for TWD. Gimple has been promoted to a position that oversees both TWD and FTWD.

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/walking-dead-scott-gimple-angela-kang-showrunner-renewed-season-9-1202624753/

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

FlamingLiberal posted:

Angela Kang (one of the show's writers) is now the new showrunner for TWD. Gimple has been promoted to a position that oversees both TWD and FTWD.

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/walking-dead-scott-gimple-angela-kang-showrunner-renewed-season-9-1202624753/

Did she write any of the good episodes? Wait this show has no good episodes :negative:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Dongattack posted:

Did she write any of the good episodes? Wait this show has no good episodes :negative:
Going through the series, she wrote-

-The episode where Beth and Darryl find moonshine
-The episode where Bob dies
-The episode where Beth dies
-THE GLENN DUMPSTER EPISODE
-The episode where Jesus makes his first appearance and keeps clowning on Rick
-The episode where Maggie and Carol are captured by Saviors and Carol has to murder her way out
-The WE'RE ON EASY STREET Daryl torture episode
-Episode where Negan takes Carl around the Sanctuary

so yeah, the answer is no

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
I believe that list is known as a murderer's row

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

FlamingLiberal posted:

Why do they keep letting Scott Gimple fail upwards? They just made that new position up and promoted him to it.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Acacia REI posted:

Why do they keep letting Scott Gimple fail upwards? They just made that new position up and promoted him to it.
It's especially bizarre considering this season has been a major decline in ratings and and increase in fan frustration. The show has been spinning its wheels for almost 3 seasons now.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Acacia REI posted:

The Hollywood/TV/etc. industry is the best possible evidence that capitalism doesn't work. Failure is rewarded with ever bigger piles of money.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

FlamingLiberal posted:

It's especially bizarre considering this season has been a major decline in ratings and and increase in fan frustration. The show has been spinning its wheels for almost 3 seasons now.

We're doing good in our new settlement - oh, poo poo, we've been attacked and our place destroyed.

These people seem nice, oh, wait, they're evil.

We've been taken hostage and split up and we're gonna die.

Oh, wait, we're mostly back together again.

Repeat ad nauseam.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I don't see how anyone currently involved with this show could be in line for a promotion. My family watched this show every week for like 7 years but even we quit watching at this point.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

TOOT BOOT posted:

I don't see how anyone currently involved with this show could be in line for a promotion. My family watched this show every week for like 7 years but even we quit watching at this point.
Depending on how they salvage this season (or not) I may check out also.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

galagazombie posted:

The Hollywood/TV/etc. industry is the best possible evidence that capitalism doesn't work. Failure is rewarded with ever bigger piles of money.*

*Does not apply if you are non-white.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

TOOT BOOT posted:

At this point I just read summaries of the episodes, roll my eyes and mutter ‘Jesus Christ’ then come to this thread to have a laugh.

What they should have done is move Dave Erickson over to show runner of Walking Dead to see if he can right the ship like he did with Fear. And then they should shoot Gimple into space.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Scooter_McCabe posted:

any plans on ending the show soon?

https://twitter.com/failproduction1/status/952246247989002240

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Ding dong, the witch is dead promoted to a busywork position:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-renewed-season-9-angela-kang-is-showrunner-scott-gimple-oversee-franchise-1051008

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I would love a final season where everything goes batshit insane. Like if Darryl became a Wizard would people really get that mad at this point?

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

When will we get the Groundhog Day episode??

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

John F Bennett posted:

When will we get the Groundhog Day episode??

What do you mean we get this every episode.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-walking-dead/news/a847531/the-walking-dead-robert-kirkman-defends-carl-death/
basically confirms Carl being killed off is for shock value. TWD has become Survivor, but with fictional characters and a random character death at the end of the mid-season finale instead of the end of the episode.

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jan 15, 2018

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

galenanorth posted:

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-walking-dead/news/a847531/the-walking-dead-robert-kirkman-defends-carl-death/
basically confirms Carl being killed off is for shock value. TWD has become Survivor, but with fictional characters and a random character death at the end of the mid-season finale instead of the end of the episode.

Visited a friend this weekend and his 15 year old daughter was talking about being a big fan of the show.I asked her if she was upset about coral and she replied that she doesn't care because Daryl. :swoon:

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
15 and I'm 51. The guy is that charismatic.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

bobjr posted:

I would love a final season where everything goes batshit insane. Like if Darryl became a Wizard would people really get that mad at this point?

Just do the alien invasion story.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

bobjr posted:

I think I said this before, but they should do a 'The Mist' ending.
Everything is loving bleak, about to die, and then a helicopter hovers over, lands, and a shitload of soldiers come out.
Turns out the rest of the world found a cure quick, fought off the zombies and were taking back the US.
And one says 'We have been broadcasting on radios the last few months, were any of you listening?"

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

happyhippy posted:

I think I said this before, but they should do a 'The Mist' ending.
Everything is loving bleak, about to die, and then a helicopter hovers over, lands, and a shitload of soldiers come out.
Turns out the rest of the world found a cure quick, fought off the zombies and were taking back the US.
And one says 'We have been broadcasting on radios the last few months, were any of you listening?"

They even have Melissa McBride to reprise her role. It'll be perfect.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

McTimmy posted:

They even have Melissa McBride to reprise her role. It'll be perfect.

:vince:

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

FlamingLiberal posted:

Going through the series, she wrote-

-The episode where Beth and Darryl find moonshine
-The episode where Bob dies
-The episode where Beth dies
-THE GLENN DUMPSTER EPISODE
-The episode where Jesus makes his first appearance and keeps clowning on Rick
-The episode where Maggie and Carol are captured by Saviors and Carol has to murder her way out
-The WE'RE ON EASY STREET Daryl torture episode
-Episode where Negan takes Carl around the Sanctuary

so yeah, the answer is no

you know honestly about half of those were good. moonshine episode had good moments, Jesus episode was a nice change of pace. Four Walls and a Roof is one of the most memorable episodes in the entire series.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I do wonder how much the single episode writers have to deal with what the showrunner has for the big idea. If you were handed the Glenn Dumpster episode where you had to include all of what they wanted you would be up all night trying to write something that makes sense.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Yeah, just because she wrote the GLENN DUMPSTER episode doesn't mean she came up with that plot point. I'm going to chose to have some hope that TPTB recognized how pissy fans were and how the ratings have eroded, failed Gimple up, and we may have a shot at a better show.

If Gimple is in some makework consultant position overseeing video game canon and lunchbox licensing, maybe he won't gently caress up FTWD either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Princeps32 posted:

you know honestly about half of those were good.

That list is a perfect guide on what not to do in a television series