Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
You have to beat arena without losing anyone anyway. It's not like the gameplay doesn't encourage/allow for careful play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Peri has Threaten Defense 3 at only 4 stars. I am so very glad I didn't feather her.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Tired Moritz posted:

in a game where units are limited and it's all very one-shotty? sounds like hell.

Depends on how they do it. I imagine it could wind up being hilarious when people field wave after wave of 3* satsuki and firs for a while.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

cheetah7071 posted:

They've actually announced that there's an upcoming mode that's a campaign of sorts with permadeath. So like if you lose your Lucina during the campaign she's still in your roster but you can't use her int he campaign anymore

Oh okay, geez. Sounds interesting. And I guess an incentive to train more than just a group of four as well.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Tired Moritz posted:

in a game where units are limited and it's all very one-shotty? sounds like hell.

War is hell.

Also fantastic.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Should I mulch Priscilla and give all her skills to Elise y/n?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Yikes at getting a atk-/spd+ Ogma.

I guess I can mulch him to give Defiant Atk to someone.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Tired Moritz posted:

Yikes at getting a atk-/spd+ Ogma.

I guess I can mulch him to give Defiant Atk to someone.
Defiant moves are a little sucky. I'd hold onto him to give someone that Brave Sword+.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
yeaaaah nino with life & death is some pretty serious poo poo

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Lovechop posted:

Eh, Nino can't pull Takumi with that. I'd rather use fury or darting blow

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Lovechop posted:

What special attack should go on her? I'm guessing Dragon Fang seems obvious but Draconic Aura procs quicker..

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

tithin posted:

Has anyone crafted the perfect Effie yet?

yes, any effie is perfect, and her abs tempt my gay dick

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Is there a limit to the number of skills a unit can learn?

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Lovechop posted:

Does anyone get L&D 3 at 4*?

I think I'm gonna feed my Hinata to my Eirika. Fury 3 with +Spd puts her at 41 Spd and 45 Atk which is pretty nice. If I give her Desperation and Luna too she'll be a wrecking ball.

Roger Explosion posted:

What special attack should go on her? I'm guessing Dragon Fang seems obvious but Draconic Aura procs quicker..

I think Aura is better. +50% Atk is overkill anyway, and Aura procs on the second hit of a second double or in retaliation after doubling someone else.

Clawtopsy posted:

yes, any effie is perfect

I want Effie to pick me up with one arm :allears:

Philip Rivers fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Mar 16, 2017

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Philip Rivers posted:

Does anyone get L&D 3 at 4*?

I think I'm gonna feed my Hinata to my
Eirika. Fury 3 with +Spd puts her at 41 Spd and 45 Atk which is pretty nice. If I give her Desperation and Luna too she'll be a wrecking ball.
I'd save fury for a more attack-orientated class, unless you're wanting to boost your base stat total for Arena or you got a tonne of Hinatas.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Would MRobin with Triangle Adept be good? He gets two advantages, right?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Agoat posted:

Would MRobin with Triangle Adept be good? He gets two advantages, right?

Yeah that would be baller.

Triangle adept in general just seems like a really good skill.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I am the healer whisperer. I have 4 different 5* healers now. Ask me anything.

It is both my blessing and my curse.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Mar 16, 2017

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Yeah that would be baller.

Triangle adept in general just seems like a really good skill.

He can also get Seal Res which seems really neat.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Roger Explosion posted:

I'd save fury for a more attack-orientated class, unless you're wanting to boost your base stat total for Arena or you got a tonne of Hinatas.

I was gonna put it on Lyn or something but my Eirika has excellent IVs and is most likely gonna be attached at the hip to my Nino forever. It would take something pretty nuts to break up my Nino/Eirika/Azura team short of pushing for higher BST, and BST isn't gonna be as important in 1.2 anyway.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I put Fury 3 on Nino. Sadly I only had one Hinata.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I had a second Hinata but I feathered him before the skill inheritance announcement :negative:

e: What about Darting Blow/Desperation for my +Atk/-Spd Lucina? Makes her better from 100-75, then way better from 75-50, and kinda worse from 50-0 vs Defiant Spd

Philip Rivers fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Mar 16, 2017

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

If you want an image of the FE:H future, imagine a Hinata being devoured by his comrades, forever.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I like the idea of Hector with Vantage + Defiant Atk. 59 neutral ATK that always goes first once he drops below 50% is pretty nice. He's not the worst candidate for Sol/Noontime either since healing himself back up gives him back Armads' double counterattack.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

I like the idea of Hector with Vantage + Defiant Atk. 59 neutral ATK that always goes first once he drops below 50% is pretty nice. He's not the worst candidate for Sol/Noontime either since healing himself back up gives him back Armads' double counterattack.

What's the point of Vantage if you're unequipping Distant Counter? :confused:

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
So at this point, lord weapons and pre-passives base stats are the actual most important thing for the tier list now aren't they? RIP whatever nerd has to now go through and re-list all the stats of units without weapons or passives on the wiki.

Got Barst and Barter, which is pretty cool because smite and reposition are pretty drat awesome.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I... can't imagine why you'd want to replace Distant Counter on Hector, ever. Close Counter is overrated, imo, but Hector is a veritable death god.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Lord weapons and BST were always the most important thing.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I wonder how effective would Lilina be with Triangle Adept and Henry's tome. Maybe Desperation too.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Mar 16, 2017

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Can't wait to give F!Robin's tome to someone that doesn't have poo poo stats

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Kyte posted:

I wonder how effective would Lilina be with Triangle Adept and Henry's tome. Maybe Desperation too.

This seems to be a common point of confusion, but Desperation doesn't give you a free attack like a Brave weapon. It just makes your ordinary follow-up happen before the counterattack, making it 100% useless if you're not fast enough to double already. It'd be terrible on Lilina.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I need to stop using Reinhardt, no one else is gaining the sp they need.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Who do I feed my Shanna to this is too hard to decide :negative:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Tired Moritz posted:

Can't wait to give F!Robin's tome to someone that doesn't have poo poo stats
Why'd you wanna give the anti-horse tome to someone else. Better give FRobin Cecilia's tome or something.

Clarste posted:

This seems to be a common point of confusion, but Desperation doesn't give you a free attack. It just makes your ordinary follow-up happen before the counterattack, making it 100% useless if you're not fast enough to double already. It'd be terrible on Lilina.

Oh that's way less useful. Thanks for the heads up.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Philip Rivers posted:

Who do I feed my Shanna to this is too hard to decide :negative:

I have like 4 Shannas, so I fed one to Eirika and regretted it almost immediately when she ran out of SP.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Kyte posted:

Why'd you wanna give the anti-horse tome to someone else. Better give FRobin Cecilia's tome or something.

Oh that's way less useful. Thanks for the heads up.

Desperation is still probably one of the strongest slot B skills because it lets you frontload all your damage, you just have to be fast enough to take advantage of it.

Clarste posted:

I have like 4 Shannas, so I fed one to Eirika and regretted it almost immediately when she ran out of SP.

My Eirika is so hosed for SP between Luna/Fury/Desperation :shepicide:

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I used my Hinata on Anna and now she has 48 attack, 41 speed and a higher BST than Hector.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Wings of Mercy on anything sounds godlike.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I don't want to deal with Wings of Mercy Hectors. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
FRobin's Tomebreaker on MRobin also sounds godlike. More advantage!