Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Odin is a sword. Lunar Odin is not a sword, or doesn’t drop one anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Odin isn't that special. He is just one of Eurekas creations. It probably isn't hard to make a new one

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

ImpAtom posted:

Odin isn't that special. He is just one of Eurekas creations. It probably isn't hard to make a new one

It depends on how far you progressed in the Eureka storyline. If you completed it, the primal Eureka is dead and gone and not coming back. Since the writers have to acknowledge that as a possibility, Fandaniel can't have just made a new one.

As for 'isn't that special'... well, yeah, the Baldesion Arsenal confirms there's one more Zantetsuken (Raiden), the White and Black Spears (Art and Owain), and the Spear of Virtue (Absolute Virtue). As well as Proto-Ozma, but that's a little different. But they all look clearly distinct, even Odin and Raiden. Lunar Odin is a copy of Odin directly, he can't just be 'another one we prepared earlier'.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
If you throw a bunch of Gridanians into a nightmare summoning tower and tell them to summon Odin, the primal menace of the Shroud, they're going to summon an rear end in a top hat on a horse. They're not going to summon a sword.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

You fools, it's just the pile of weapons Zenos ended up not using. And his golf bag.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Reaper 40 ability
Monk 82 trait
Dragoon 90 ability
And a pastebin with potential DPS changes (not always too specific and without pictures they're not confirmed, but unless we get more leaks this is probably it before the actual Media Tour info NDA is up).

Hogama fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Oct 11, 2021

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Hogama posted:

Reaper 40 ability
Monk 82 trait
Dragoon 90 ability
And a pastebin with potential DPS changes (not always too specific and without pictures they're not confirmed, but unless we get more leaks this is probably it before the actual Media Tour info NDA is up).

the fact that the pastebin is written like "idk i think the capstone ability is called this, maybe not. also i cant remember what it does" actually makes it feel more likely to be correct lol

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
Reaper party utility is looking pretty neat. Bard buffs working on self is great too

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Argas posted:

You fools, it's just the pile of weapons Zenos ended up not using. And his golf bag.

Lunar Odin summoned by a bunch of weapons desperately wishing for a less terrible owner.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Countblanc posted:

the fact that the pastebin is written like "idk i think the capstone ability is called this, maybe not. also i cant remember what it does" actually makes it feel more likely to be correct lol

Checks out with the Shadowbringers media tour leak pastebin that had stuff like "Samurai: A new ability called " Shouwa / Shoah " ??? Something jewish?." and "Astrologian: New spell : Creswahtiahiojwdoiajdo whatever it was?"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm really curious how exactly Monk is going to work at this point. It almost sounds like it has Mudras for its basic attack strings.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Countblanc posted:

I'm not too impressed by Amplifier and I wish that Paradox replaced either your Fire or your Blizzard button depending on your phase but in general I'm very excited for the 6.0 BLM.

Ferrinus fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Oct 11, 2021

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ferrinus posted:

I'm not too impressed by Amplifier and I wish that Paradox replaced either your Fire or your Blizzard button depending on your phase but in general I'm very excited for the 6.0 BLM.

I thought it was one of those "can't be put on the bar" actions?

Edit: Yeah, the leaked thing says so. So I can only imagine that it does replace Fire 1 at minimum.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

It sounds like it replaces Blizzard 1/Fire 1, for one cast per phase.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

ImpAtom posted:

I thought it was one of those "can't be put on the bar" actions?

Edit: Yeah, the leaked thing says so. So I can only imagine that it does replace Fire 1 at minimum.

According to the pastebin it replaces F1 specifically, but I want it to replace both even though that would probably be more annoying.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ImpAtom posted:

I'm really curious how exactly Monk is going to work at this point. It almost sounds like it has Mudras for its basic attack strings.

You press formless adn the next 3 attacks fill you meter and you blitz changes based on your inputs and what you last blitz was.

So you get mudras off of formless that then build in power (Opening Solar and Lunar Nadi) to an ender that spends all you build up. So basically on top of your normal rotation you're popping formless off cd to do a longer term rotation of blitz attacks.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Are Summoners really going to have to wait until level 90 to get the actual summons? I feel like there's no way that's right, they seem too important to the job now to put off that long.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Pigbuster posted:

Are Summoners really going to have to wait until level 90 to get the actual summons? I feel like there's no way that's right, they seem too important to the job now to put off that long.

It is. They all had level 90 during the live letter tooltips.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Blockhouse posted:

It is. They all had level 90 during the live letter tooltips.

What on Earth is that levelling experience gonna be like I wonder.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Pigbuster posted:

Summon [Primal] 2 Is level 90.

The Summon [Primal] 1 are probably lower level. I'm guessing the base summon shifts you attacks to the elemental variants and the Summon [Primal] 2 just adds that big attack to the start of it.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Pigbuster posted:

Yeah, that feels like a new level of "putting the cool new thing only at max level". It would be really weird to be summoning Bahamut and Phoenix but have to wait another ten levels to get the normal summons. I imagine that'll be the new level 50 capstone, if anything.

If they do put it at 90, then I really hope they lower the level for Bahamut, at the very least.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Begemot posted:

Yeah, that feels like a new level of "putting the cool new thing only at max level". It would be really weird to be summoning Bahamut and Phoenix but have to wait another ten levels to get the normal summons. I imagine that'll be the new level 50 capstone, if anything.

If they do put it at 90, then I really hope they lower the level for Bahamut, at the very least.

They can't lower the level of most of the Summoner 'lynchpin' spells, because the story is actually very specific about when they get exactly those.

My guess is that Summon I will be learned at the levels you get the Egis, and will specifically have a different cooldown/engagement method. Note in the job actions trailer that the summons only become available in the phase between Bahamut and Phoenix, which makes no reasonable sense prior to at least level 80.

Or, yeah, they might've hosed Summoner's leveling experience and forced it to be without summons for the majority of its levels. That's also plausible.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah it's probably just an upgrade trait

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

That makes no sense... and potentially makes the skill animation worse.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I believe they mentioned that you still get the egis, they just are not the core of the mechanical experience, so I’m betting that yeah the level 90 version is a trait upgrade.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

It could easily be that you get the Egis as they are, but they use the new mechanics. Then at level 90 the Egis upgrade into being the actual primals.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Lord_Magmar posted:

It could easily be that you get the Egis as they are, but they use the new mechanics. Then at level 90 the Egis upgrade into being the actual primals.

That would also conveniently make the job quests still make sense.

petcarcharodon
Jun 25, 2013
the summons and even summon bahamut/phoenix are listed as arcanist abilities, and one of the buttons you get from summoning primals is level 26 so i'm pretty sure you get some rudimentary form of all of those early and they get traited later. you probably start with summon emerald/topaz/ruby carbuncle and some kind of basic dreadwyrm trance that i have no idea what to call yet before you become summoner

OddObserver posted:

That makes no sense... and potentially makes the skill animation worse.

it's the new spinning kick in the trailer, we've already seen the tooltip from the live letter gameplay, it's a bit stronger and auto-crits like bootshine

petcarcharodon fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Oct 11, 2021

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Gruckles posted:

Checks out with the Shadowbringers media tour leak pastebin that had stuff like "Samurai: A new ability called " Shouwa / Shoah " ??? Something jewish?." and "Astrologian: New spell : Creswahtiahiojwdoiajdo whatever it was?"

checks out

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/6947708313643552005

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

petcarcharodon posted:

the summons and even summon bahamut/phoenix are listed as arcanist abilities, and one of the buttons you get from summoning primals is level 26 so i'm pretty sure you get some rudimentary form of all of those early and they get traited later. you probably start with summon emerald/topaz/ruby carbuncle and some kind of basic dreadwyrm trance that i have no idea what to call yet before you become summoner
It's unlikely they'll add Summon III or a trance to ACN unless they fully decouple SCH from the job (or they add a third fairy) because all those Arcanist abilities still carry over to get re-aspected by Scholar traits. This is also why SMN still has Physick and Resurrection, in the end. They moved Aetherflow (the ability) to SCH 45 when they removed it from SMN, it used to be an ACN 6 ability.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
If I had to guess the Summon Is probably give you less aspected aether and don't enable the special moves, or they have a weaker AoE at the start. Or maybe all three.

petcarcharodon
Jun 25, 2013

Hogama posted:

It's unlikely they'll add Summon III or a trance to ACN unless they fully decouple SCH from the job (or they add a third fairy) because all those Arcanist abilities still carry over to get re-aspected by Scholar traits. This is also why SMN still has Physick and Resurrection, in the end. They moved Aetherflow (the ability) to SCH 45 when they removed it from SMN, it used to be an ACN 6 ability.

well scholar already doesn't directly inherit abilities from acn, besides resurrection, they get their own job version of everything that's counted separately. right now arcanist gets: miasma, egi essault 1 and 2, summon 2 (counting it separately because it's acquired at a different level and has different effects, unlike eos and selene), fester, energy drain, and bane; sch inherits none of those

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I wonder if they've considered pulling Scholar off of Arcanist onto its own base class, or if it's even possible. Just let it unlock at level 30 like DRK/MCH/AST. I guess it doesn't really matter any more since a lot of the reasons why it was a headache in the first place are gone

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Arcanist will just be weird from 1-30 with the removal of dots. They will still get their egi right away with an egi version of Titan’s shield. It’s still unclear if egis will still auto-attack since it’s possible they turned that off for the demo, or they just buffed ruin more to make up for the dps loss. Gem Brilliance which is the egi aoe is at lvl 26, so presumably Gem shine is earlier at some point. This also implies they still do something before we get the primal augmenting. I’m making a guess that outburst will be bumped up earlier too just cause Acn practically isn’t get getting anything for 10+ levels with bio, bio2, miasma, and bane gone, and they’re gonna be missing an aoe if pet auto-attacks are gone outside of gem brilliance. 30-50 will be interesting to see what they replace EA2 with, since acn already got gem brilliance at 26. We know painflare does get bumped up earlier to 40, but should be interesting to see if they start giving you primal stuff to play around with that early outside of the capstone of enkindle, since gotta give something for summoner outside of glamouring their carb. Smn will have leveling weirdness regardless cause they’ll still be msq locked from their summons too. The HW skills being bumped up earlier also means there’s currently a void of skills from 50-60 too, with ruin 3 and trance being the only known retained things. Tri-disaster replaces outburst at 74 now.

Becoming a scholar will be funny though just cause they’re immediately relearn bio.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Scholar pretty much is its own job now since the only thing it shares with acn is ruin, physick, and resurrection.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Chillgamesh posted:

I wonder if they've considered pulling Scholar off of Arcanist onto its own base class, or if it's even possible. Just let it unlock at level 30 like DRK/MCH/AST. I guess it doesn't really matter any more since a lot of the reasons why it was a headache in the first place are gone

Don't you dare take away my shared Arcanist experience

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm also assuming the egis are just gone for anything other than Carbuncle glams at this point given that they made the default egi moves all themed around it

petcarcharodon
Jun 25, 2013
i assume summon garuda/titan/ifrit I summons the egi for that one attack till you get summon IIs at 90 but that's just a guess

also i assume they removed pet autos to make pet abilities significantly less jank

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

I honestly think that Arcanist should be a healer class that upgrades into Scholar and Summoner should be a standalone expansion-style job that unlocks after you defeat Ifrit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

petcarcharodon posted:

well scholar already doesn't directly inherit abilities from acn, besides resurrection, they get their own job version of everything that's counted separately. right now arcanist gets: miasma, egi essault 1 and 2, summon 2 (counting it separately because it's acquired at a different level and has different effects, unlike eos and selene), fester, energy drain, and bane; sch inherits none of those
True, they've been building towards that over the expansions.