Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

Shard posted:

So my daughter recently came across this youtube chef who is just the worst. Been doing this since like 2007. Every dish is bad. Everything is somehow burnt and undercooked. I think the worst thing he's made is this chili. It's a crime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrcW5rqFUn0

I kinda like that he expected to lose because everyone there got to vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

VictualSquid posted:

Yes. Didn't we have an smilie for that? I don't remember.
:pastryno:

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

VictualSquid posted:

Yes. Didn't we have an smilie for that? I don't remember.

This is from the same article, where you can judge the size:

Tf is that utensil on the salad

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Butterfly Valley posted:

Tf is that utensil on the salad
Lemon squeezer. Extracts the juice without dumping the seeds onto your food.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
A ring + that thing seems like the worst way to apply lemon juice

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
you have to turn the lemon around halfway through so you're still touching the lemon so why not just use wedges

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Hirayuki posted:

Lemon squeezer. Extracts the juice without dumping the seeds onto your food.
Gets rid of troublesome juice so you can eat the seeds easier

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

you have to turn the lemon around halfway through so you're still touching the lemon so why not just use wedges

They are a restaurant thing ime, so you don't touch the lemon. The staff touches the lemon and delivers it to the table already mounted.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
There's no such thing as lemon squeezers. That's a chip clip.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Shard posted:

So my daughter recently came across this youtube chef who is just the worst. Been doing this since like 2007. Every dish is bad. Everything is somehow burnt and undercooked. I think the worst thing he's made is this chili. It's a crime.

I've never seen a video from his channel, but there is an entire cottage industry of channels who exclusively react to his videos. He's like the DarkSydePhil of cooking.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
he's an awful person too, if that makes it easier for you to laugh at him. assaulted his son at least once, had a couple strokes recently, and tried to get his fans to harass the hospital staff to give him more treats while he was there

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Watching the lemon jello salad one gave me some thoughts.

Am I a food snob? Is this my descent into madness? Is this what pushes me over the edge?

and, I always thought cool whip was the same thing as miracle whip, which is cheap mayonaise, right? I'd never even considered the idea of buying pre-whipped cream.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

prayer group posted:

he's an awful person too, if that makes it easier for you to laugh at him. assaulted his son at least once, had a couple strokes recently, and tried to get his fans to harass the hospital staff to give him more treats while he was there

he's also a transphobe, he's a trump supporter, he was anti covid vax. He's just the worst. He's also full of himself and thinks everything he makes is great. He is not in on it, he really thinks he's the best. He was real concerned about the mario movie being political

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Nettle Soup posted:

Watching the lemon jello salad one gave me some thoughts.

Am I a food snob? Is this my descent into madness? Is this what pushes me over the edge?

and, I always thought cool whip was the same thing as miracle whip, which is cheap mayonaise, right? I'd never even considered the idea of buying pre-whipped cream.

cool whip is like miracle whip in that it's mostly hydrogenated vegetable oil and hfcs.

redi-whip might seem to be "more processed" because it's in a can filled with nitrous oxide but it's significantly closer to whipped cream you'd make yourself, the propellant just agitates it on its way out so it "whips" itself. if you let all the nitrous out without letting the cream out, for some reason, definitely not to get high, the rest of the cream will just dribble out as a liquid.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Flats vs Drums I assume?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Wings with roguelite mechanics.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Flats vs Drums I assume?
I prefer the interpretation that each wing is a random flavor.

E: even better if various flavors look the same, like jelly beans. Oh no, I thought that wing was teriyaki but it turned out to be licorice.

Zero_Grade has a new favorite as of 20:32 on Apr 28, 2023

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The wings are randomized shapes, each piece looks like a folded protein

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Shard posted:

I somehow watched this before, likely due to one of the many reaction videos to it, and knew it was going to be a ride when he explicitly stated his chilli would not have chilli powder as an ingredient.

It doesn't surprise me that he turns out to be the kind of arsehole people ITT are saying he is.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Beefy Bean Soup

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Wish I could find the one where he pulls out a curly straw to drink the brain tub juice

Have a sip....

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Whooping Crabs posted:

Wish I could find the one where he pulls out a curly straw to drink the brain tub juice

Have a sip....

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Love your work, thanks!!

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I feel like korean cooking videos may be cheating?

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

This one is a crime. He cooks omelets by boiling ziplock bags

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak3uJGf6Bj0

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Shard posted:

This one is a crime. He cooks omelets by boiling ziplock bags

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak3uJGf6Bj0

It may not be the most visually appealing, but this would be a good way to make breakfast for a bunch of people. Set up the fillings bar, have people load their bags, add the eggs and boil 'em up. Or prep some variations in advance. Good for like a kids sleepover party or church lock-in or something.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Oh, we made those at Girl Guide camp!

They were rubbery and tasted like ziploc!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

First of May posted:

It may not be the most visually appealing, but this would be a good way to make breakfast for a bunch of people. Set up the fillings bar, have people load their bags, add the eggs and boil 'em up. Or prep some variations in advance. Good for like a kids sleepover party or church lock-in or something.

gently caress that. I aint boiling plastic with eggs inside it. It takes so little time to make an omelette. A frying pan with whatever you want chucked inside of it and done.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

An omelette is basically the fastest simplest dish you can make outside of maybe grilling sausages.

Adding in the needless complication of a Ziploc bag seems highly illogical.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

You all saying you'd turn down a delectable sous vide omelet?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

It Retains All the Juices

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Shard posted:

trolling through the culinary arts. a novel approach.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g_UHV42jOA&t=60s

Blog Free or Die
Apr 30, 2005

FOR THE MOTHERLAND
IDK, that chili doesn't seem too horrible to me. Like he put a bunch of ingredients in a slow cooker on high for 2 hours with some seasoning. Not saying it's good but it's an attempt. He even browned up the sausages first!

This, on the other hand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th84afHZ8XA

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Captain Hygiene posted:

Aren't old corelle plates supposed to have high lead levels or something?

The GOP Delusion
Sep 10, 2010

The security of Israel is a moral imperative for all free peoples.
The most hosed up thing about cooking with jack is that he has literally THOUSANDS of videos. I think even the stupidest, most terrible cook in the world would be better if they were made to make like 2 cooking videos a week for ten years but jack is still serving raw chicken after 10 years and 2000 videos or so.

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

Captain Hygiene posted:

Sous V'omlete

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
moist egg sac.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Aren't old corelle plates supposed to have high lead levels or something?

If true, I grew up eating off of lead plates.