Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Chants of Sennaar is fantastic, it's basically set in a sci-fi fantasy version of the Tower of Babel and you're tasked with deciphering several different symbolic languages, with a magical journal to help confirm when you've solved stuff.

It really nails its whole presentation. Should be able to do everything in 10 hours but I loved every minute of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Merrill Grinch posted:

This one mildly interests me: a new management sim that looks like a Startopia clone. I always have some time for a Bullfrog-style game...

Yeah I'm interested to check it out as well - Two Point Hospital ... in SPACE

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

elf help book posted:

Final Fantasy is very good.

was

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

The Kins posted:

The next batch of Game Pass dates. Decent amount of variety this time around. Looking forward to Humanity in particular, and I'm curious about Immortals of Aveum after a recent chat in the Retro FPS thread about medieval fantasy FPS games reminded me it existed.

COMING:
Today: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (Cloud, Console, and PC)
May 15: Chants of Sennaar (Cloud, Console, and PC)
May 16: EA Sports NHL 24 (Cloud), Immortals of Aveum (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S via EA Play)
May 21: Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S)
May 23: Galacticare (Cloud, PC, Xbox Series X|S), Hauntii (Cloud, Console, and PC)
May 28: Moving Out 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
May 30: Humanity (Cloud, Console, and PC), Lords of the Fallen (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S)
June 4: Firework (PC), Rolling Hills (Cloud, Console, and PC)

pretty decent crop

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Kevyn posted:

That’s not complete though. For example, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory doesn’t show up even though it’s BC

TA can be a bit finnicky with games without achievements (whether it be OG Xbox, game previews etc). Sometimes they get disregarded from filters/lists altogether, even if they have the tag.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Really glad I finished Norco before it leaves. Very cool vibes

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I'm still not sure I have it all figured out, but I can tell Balatro is going to be my standard 'play if I only have 15 minutes' game for a while.

Plus one of my friends challenged our whole friend group to beat his best hand score (235 million) so of course I gotta get that.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Sywert of Thieves posted:

I'm still not sure I have it all figured out, but I can tell Balatro is going to be my standard 'play if I only have 15 minutes' game for a while.

For me that's vampire Survivors. Perfect game for a quick run while I'm waiting for the missus to come home so I can finally start up dinner.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I recommend anyone with a series s try out immortals of aveum if they are interested in seeing the wild scaling it does down to basically lovely pixel art to maintain 60fps. It's a neat aesthetic in a hosed up kind of way

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

External Organs posted:

I recommend anyone with a series s try out immortals of aveum if they are interested in seeing the wild scaling it does down to basically lovely pixel art to maintain 60fps. It's a neat aesthetic in a hosed up kind of way

RoboCop has the same thing for performance mode. It starts to look like an oil painting when there's a lot of particle effects in screen.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Starfield's update should be out now. I am excited to jump in again!

I don't care about the city maps or the new 40fps/60fps options. I'm mostly interested in the new customizable gameplay options, like survival mode, and disabling carry weight etc.
But the real draw for me is the new empty ship habs and the ability to finally decorate your ship interior.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Looking good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evC13w8URDc&t=29s

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This game looks awesome as gently caress, very excited between this, and Star Wars Outlaws.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

None of it is gameplay. You’re being hoodwinked by Ubi again!

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

ZeeBoi posted:

None of it is gameplay. You’re being hoodwinked by Ubi again!

Lmao c'mon Ubisoft. Isn't this coming out this winter?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I'm glad it's releasing just before Black Friday, so disc copies will be heavily discounted in no time, in Ubisoft tradition.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Professor Beetus posted:

Stranger of Paradise is unironically one of the best action games ever made and Jack is a top tier Final Fantasy character

It was one of my favorite games of that year. Amazing combat system. The memes about Chaos and poor graphics just made people bash that game when the game itself is really fun.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Ubisoft Cancels The Division Heartland
https://www.ign.com/articles/ubisoft-cancels-the-division-heartland

Disappointing but not really surprising. I dread to think how much money and how many resources were burned at this altar. I love these games but a full sequel is overdue at this point I think.

WattsvilleBlues fucked around with this message at 22:08 on May 15, 2024

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Starfield update is around 25 gigs. Not surprising, but unfortunately there are no visual options on Series S, you are still 30fps locked there. Framerate in 60fps mode on Series X is mostly good but there are situations where the framerate drops into the low 20s so that's fun.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Disappointing but not really surprising. I dread to think how much money and how many resources were burned at this alter. I love these games but a full sequel is overdue at this point I think.
A third Division game was announced last year, though it sounded like they were still staffing up since Massive is mostly working on that Star Wars game right now. I wonder if they'll recycle stuff from this cancelled game? Might as well, I suppose.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Disappointing but not really surprising. I dread to think how much money and how many resources were burned at this alter. I love these games but a full sequel is overdue at this point I think.

At least the team members and resources are being put to Xdefiant. That releases next Tuesday and i'm honestly expecting it to be a dead on arrival game, but I still want to play it.

The Kins posted:

A third Division game was announced last year, though it sounded like they were still staffing up since Massive is mostly working on that Star Wars game right now. I wonder if they'll recycle stuff from this cancelled game? Might as well, I suppose.

That's what Heartland was, is the 3rd game I think? But yeah, the article kind of implied that this stuff will be recycled for other games like xDefiant.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

I said come in! posted:

That's what Heartland was, is the 3rd game I think? But yeah, the article kind of implied that this stuff will be recycled for other games like xDefiant.

Heartland was supposed to be kind of a free-to-play spin-off, not a full-fledged sequel. There's also the mobile game, Resurgence, which AFAIK is still under development. That said, I don't know if Division 3 was even on the radar at the time that Heartland was announced, so the calculus for that franchise may have shifted

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
The most recent patch of division 2 was a doozy of framework and systems reworks to set the game up for another two years of content beyond what they're currently capable of with the build, so it seems like whatever resources were being used on a new division are making their way to the existing game

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

univbee posted:

Starfield update is around 25 gigs. Not surprising, but unfortunately there are no visual options on Series S, you are still 30fps locked there. Framerate in 60fps mode on Series X is mostly good but there are situations where the framerate drops into the low 20s so that's fun.

The 40fps option with Visuals selected and VRR feels pretty good! Great update, Todd did it again.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Wasn’t that supposed to come out like this year

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

Wasn’t that supposed to come out like this year

Some sources suggest last year, but more likely this year. I think some goon(s) play tested a build last year under NDA and while the core gameplay was solid as ever, the mechanics and systems were apparently a mess.

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
fuck off worms butthole guy!!!
Is hellblade designed to go after the A24 crowd?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

90sgamer posted:

gently caress off worms butthole guy!!!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

90sgamer posted:

no.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

come for the faces, stay for the parries

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Arms_Akimbo posted:

The most recent patch of division 2 was a doozy of framework and systems reworks to set the game up for another two years of content beyond what they're currently capable of with the build, so it seems like whatever resources were being used on a new division are making their way to the existing game

What major changes did they make? I had a brick wall in having a clue how to progress past a certain point. I think there's an entire equipment system thing in Washington DC HQ around the corner from the guys on the reception desks. RPGs aren't really my thing but I loves these games because the shooting mechanic is so tight and they look amazing.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
It was called project resolve, it's been their most recent season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmePY26y33Y

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

looks cool as hell, bring it Ubisoft (no I won't preorder). I'm guessing that's Yasuke, the black samurai

Hoping it's more in line with Odyssey, I liked that Action RPG style (haven't played Mirage or Valhalla).

And... if you have to conquer fortresses as a Ninja, this is basically a Tenchu sequel! :eyepop:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Hoping it's more in line with Odyssey, I liked that Action RPG style (haven't played Mirage or Valhalla).

its the same team that did Odyssey (and the Victorian-era one, Syndicate?)

If it hits steam eventually, I'd love to sink a bunch of time into it. I have so many hours in Odyssey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

New season of Diablo 4 is very good, I'm having fun again!