Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Boosted_C5 posted:

Don't they realize Cruz winning Iowa is their only hope to defeat Trump?

Answer: No. They're stupid, just as Lord President Trump has said.

Huckabee is in this for Huckabee alone and he's sick of Cruz bogarting his marks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

STAC Goat posted:

I don't usually watch CNN. Is it common for Don Lemon to be discussing things with what appears to a random Trump Supporter pulled off the street and some random shock jock I never heard of? The entire premise of this segment confuses me. I don't have much of any respect for Don Lemon but why exactly does he care what these people think?

I dunno, f Don Lemon absolutely must remain on air, that sounds like exactly the level of work he should be assigned.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

FINALLY.

It's the CORRECT Top 6 too from my Republican perspective. I'm glad to see Christie surging ahead of the likes of Fiorina, Kasich, and Paul.

Bummer about Graham not being in future undercard debates though. And with Rand in them to boot. WHY LINDSEY WHY???

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Boosted_C5 posted:

Don't they realize Cruz winning Iowa is their only hope to defeat Trump?

Answer: No. They're stupid, just as Lord President Trump has said.

Game Change suggested that Huckabee purposefully stayed in the 2008 presidential race as a favor to McCain to deny support to Romney. I think he just likes to play the spoiler candidate.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Remember when Fiorina was considered viable?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

fishmech posted:

she was until everyone remembered she was just like their old rear end in a top hat boss and believed insane poo poo.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Kasich is right on the edge of 5th place in NH, and could leapfrog Jeb!

Rand and iCarly being gone would be great though.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Fiorina was viable? I thought she was always the attack-Hillary candidate

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jan 22, 2016

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Logikv9 posted:

She had that little surge between the first and second debates where she was one of the "leaders". That was a different primary atmosphere. Trump hadn't taken a huge lead yet and was still seen as the guy who was inevitable going to collapse. Jeb was still in double digits and a contender. Cruz was still way in the back. Carson was just starting to surge and would soon look like it was him and Trump in the front of the race. Back in those days Carly briefly had numbers in the same range as Jeb and Rubio and it seemed like the three "outsiders" were leading the day.

Then everyone realized Carly and Carson were idiots utterly unqualified but that doesn't matter for Trump because he says obnoxious stuff, so here we are.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

fishmech posted:

Nope.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Logikv9 posted:

What the image shows is that at her peak, people expected her to clear 14% of the vote in the Iowa caucus. I bet against that and now the current expectation is that she'll manage 1.8%

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Xenophon posted:

Wrong opinions ITP:

A bunch of pages ago but I m so incredibly loving angry about this.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

paranoid randroid posted:

trump is disgusted by women lol

I've heard he's disgusted by everything.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Anyone who doesn't consider Die Hard a Christmas move can get the gently caress out of my country.

It takes place during CHRISTMAS time at a CHRISTMAS party and the hero/main character is there because he traveled to spend CHRISTMAS with his children.

The movie features an assortment of Christmas songs/carols, as well as numerous Holiday-themed lines and jokes cracked by friend and fo alike.

Die Hard and Christmas Vacation are my 2 Christmas Eve MUST-WATCH movies after the little one(s) are put to bed.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

truly a sign of how far america has fallen...trump is our only hope...

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

OctoberBlues posted:

I'm pretty sure no one actually wins the gun. If one exists they probably just give it to the staffer tasked with sorting all of the email addresses so they can spam you.

Brilliant! When he's done with it they can clean it off and give it to the next staffer stuck with the worst job at Cruz HQ. Probably the guy responsible for feeding Cruz his weekly rabbit.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've never seen Die Hard, so I'm going to watch it tonight with friends.

This makes me incredibly excited.... for Jeb!'s campaign!

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's "ho ho ho I've got a machine gun" not "good winter solstice festival I've got a machine gun" :colbert:

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

fishmech posted:

What site is that?

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

fishmech posted:

What the image shows is that at her peak, people expected her to clear 14% of the vote in the Iowa caucus. I bet against that and now the current expectation is that she'll manage 1.8%

Are the bets in monopoly money or do you actually have money riding on this shitshow? I'm aware it's illegal to bet on US elections but it's not like that's stopping anyone online.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

It's "ho ho ho I've got a machine gun" not "good winter solstice festival I've got a machine gun" :colbert:

It's "Now I have a Machine Gun Ho Ho Ho"

You'd know this if you were a REAL American.

Bad news for you, I'm making a list, and I'll be checking it twice once I take my position in the Trumpgruppen.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Tricky Dick Nixon posted:

I've never seen Die Hard, so I'm going to watch it tonight with friends.

This makes me incredibly excited.... for Jeb!'s campaign!

My friend, you're in for a good night.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

Oh Trump in heaven, please hear my prayer: kick ¡Jeb!'s rear end
ftfy

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Foo posted:

Is this... real? I don't know what's real or not anymore.

That sounds like he supports Hillary and is speaking gibberish at the same time.

it's bog standard republican ":qq: :qq:the minorities are complaining again!!!!!!!!! :qq: :qq:" jeb! just comes off as a frustrated, confused loser in saying it

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Lord of Pie posted:

Cruz apparently made a campaign donation shakedown appearance here today and the local news interviews with the crowd are pretty lol.

"I like Cruz because he doesn't take PAC money and vote like they want him to."

Yeah, the guy who has so many PACs that he can't even name them all something different is notorious for his not being tied to PAC money, grandma.

Well yeah, he doesn't take PAC money, his PACs do.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

Constant Hamprince posted:

Are the bets in monopoly money or do you actually have money riding on this shitshow? I'm aware it's illegal to bet on US elections but it's not like that's stopping anyone online.

I don't recognize that market but PredictIt.org is legal in the US (and Betfair is legal for those of us outside it).

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Oh god in heaven, please hear my prayer: kick ¡Jeb!'s rear end down to the undercard debate. Thanks, you're the best!

Why? Trump's on the verge of bullying ¡Jeb! into Bud Dwyer'ing himself

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
It has been one week. Has Trump's decline begun?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Adar posted:

What site is that?

MediaPredict, which as one might expect is mostly for media stuff, and their betting system focuses around relative percentages instead of even yes/no.

e.g. a lot of the options available are things like this:

And instead of say, predictit's version which would be "angry birds will be over 35 million bucks yes/no", you just put money in for above or below the current point, so even if you bet on "more than 35.07 million" and it was actually $34.98 million you only lose a percentage rather than everything. And the value presented for the next guy changes depending on what you did.

Constant Hamprince posted:

It's monopoly money that you can actually withdraw once you have more than $20 if you want. $1000 of their dollars = $1 USD.

You're started with $10 real money worth, I'm up to $40 from doing good on bets.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jan 22, 2016

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

I think ¡Jeb! would act completely different without Trump present. It would be pretty funny.
Jeb wouldn't go to the undercard for the same reason I didn't go to prom when I didn't get a date.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Logikv9 posted:

While Carson seemed to find an actual demographic it felt like Fiorina and him were the "look at us, we're diverse" candidates. Fiorina has no use to the Sith lords if the race is already transitioning into raw sexism, and Trump's schlongnalling that it may be.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

icantfindaname posted:

it's bog standard republican ":qq: :qq:the minorities are complaining again!!!!!!!!! :qq: :qq:" jeb! just comes off as a frustrated, confused loser in saying it

Poor Jeb! is trapped. On one hand his campaign message has basically turned into "Trump is a mean jerk and that's not right", but on the other hand liberals complaining about people offending them is still lame political correctness nonsense and victimization. So what to do when Trump is a mean jerk to liberals? Jeb! is not nearly savvy enough to find a good way to say "I meant it's bad when Trump is mean to me, but it's fine when it's about Hillary." Instead it comes out all Jeb! So wormy and spineless with the slightest hint that Jeb! may know he's just accused himself of "playing the victim card like Hillary" and his self hate grows just a little more.

And there's no way Jeb! would ever go the kiddie debate. Either
1) He'd drop out in embarrassment, this being the final insult.
2) The network would fiddle with the rules to get him on the main stage like they did with Carly and Rand.
3) He'd have a meltdown and make a failed attempt on Trump's life.

Obviously I'd hope for 3 but 2 seems like a safe bet.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Dec 23, 2015

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

Poor Jeb! is trapped. On one hand his campaign message has basically turned into "Trump is a mean jerk and that's not right", but on the other hand liberals complaining about people offending them is still lame political correctness nonsense and victimization. So what to do when Trump is a mean jerk to liberals? Jeb! is not nearly savvy enough to find a good way to say "I meant it's bad when Trump is mean to me, but it's fine when it's about Hillary." Instead it comes out all Jeb! So wormy and spineless with the slightest hint that Jeb! may know he's just accused himself of "playing the victim card like Hillary" and his self hate grows just a little more.

i agree, jeb sucks

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Would rather get a Dick Cheney engraved shotgun.

I hear adding his name gives the weapon +5 vs lawyers.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Jeb Bush has actually taught me a lot about myself in that I now know what pity truly is. I thought I pitied homeless people, but I didn't know any before they were homeless. True pity comes from seeing someone fall, not just seeing someone fallen.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

etalian posted:

Would rather get a Dick Cheney engraved shotgun.

I hear adding his name gives the weapon +5 vs lawyers.

It takes a devil to kill a demon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I don't really use Facebook and when I do I rarely get any likes but I posted that and my notifications have exploded and everyone is mad...

• Locked thread