Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Has Cornell West even qualified for any ballots in November yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Fishmasher posted:

i still don't fully understand why fauci was so heavily targeted by their propagandists

the hate obsession over that guy was next level, and i never understood the exact motivation for their media networks to go after him specifically with what felt like many hundreds of hours of propaganda
For awhile he was sort of the "face" of the government's covid response, since Trump obviously didn't give a gently caress. He was on television a lot telling people to wear masks and that made him an easy choice of target.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

For awhile he was sort of the "face" of the government's covid response, since Trump obviously didn't give a gently caress. He was on television a lot telling people to wear masks and that made him an easy choice of target.

To be fair, they seemed to be having significant trouble breathing through those masks. They bitched about it constantly.

My 5 year old seemed ok, but maybe everyone is different, idk.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Didn't take long for the gap between health nut and being a complete nut to be bridged.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

My weekend sucked but I’m happy because when I wake up turnip will be pissed to be in court and that’s a lol.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

otter posted:

My weekend sucked but I’m happy because when I wake up turnip will be pissed to be in court and that’s a lol.

Eh, he's pissed anywhere he is. The venue doesn't really impact it.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Toxic Mental posted:

Has Cornell West even qualified for any ballots in November yet?

Cornel West left the defense of Zion in questionable repair. I stand with Neo.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Evergreen:

Asterite34 posted:

Every picture of a Mar a Lago party is like if John Waters directed Eyes Wide Shut

Edit:

redshirt posted:

Troublemaker posted:

Is that the Ark of the Covenant behind them? Man, there's nothing Trump won't steal.
lol they don't dare open it, for good reason.

Looks like they already did.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Apr 29, 2024

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Fishmasher posted:

i still don't fully understand why fauci was so heavily targeted by their propagandists

the hate obsession over that guy was next level, and i never understood the exact motivation for their media networks to go after him specifically with what felt like many hundreds of hours of propaganda
The rightwing media went after him because Trump was mad at him, and they do what Trump says in order to stay in Trump's good graces.

Trump was mad at him because he insisted on contradicting the White House bullshit lines about how everything was alright, the virus isn't that bad, we need to reopen the economy, it'll all disappear by summer, et cetera. He made Dear Leader look bad (and his position was the rare one that he couldn't be fired from) so he became public enemy number one in Trumpland.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

I'm a bit confused by the #MAGA just below the cleavage. Is that on the dress, on a chain or did someone for some reason add the world's smallest watermark?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Sereri posted:

I'm a bit confused by the #MAGA just below the cleavage. Is that on the dress, on a chain or did someone for some reason add the world's smallest watermark?

lol Yes

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Loving the gold spread eagle there. Can't remember where I saw it last but I'm sure it means a good time right?

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

New game show proposal: Hunting down anti-vax nuts sprinting through the woods, using tranq-dart guns loaded with vaccines.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Reminds me of that Obama reelection copy pasta, "you are now immune to rubella."

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Stoatbringer posted:

New game show proposal: Hunting down anti-vax nuts sprinting through the woods, using tranq-dart guns loaded with vaccines.

6 darts loaded with measles vaccine, LETS GO!!!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Agents are GO! posted:

Looks like they already did.

And the forces of God fled in terror/disgust.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

This guy understand statistics.

The problem isn't sample size. A larger sample size doesn't reduce the margin of error by any significant amount. Problems with polls are weighting of different demographics, who they manage to reach for interviews, and how they ask the questions

FuturePastNow posted:

pollsters don't care if the poll is right, they just want to get paid, and the news networks paying them want the poll to show that the race is close (and it may actually be! since polling is just made up we'll find out on election night)

So few people understand this :sad:

sharknado slashfic posted:

They'd probably vote for him

I'm pretty sure Kiara Hogan is in a long-term relationship with Diamante (Priscilla Zuniga), so I doubt it

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

When you keep hitting random on the character creator one of these two eventually shows up.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

The Bible posted:

To be fair, they seemed to be having significant trouble breathing through those masks. They bitched about it constantly.

My 5 year old seemed ok, but maybe everyone is different, idk.

I went on a 5k ruck march wearing a mask and was so sweaty it was dripping down my glasses. (Covid positive and had to wear it for 2 weeks after I got out of isolation.)

Masks are not and were never an issue.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

SRQ posted:

I went on a 5k ruck march wearing a mask and was so sweaty it was dripping down my glasses. (Covid positive and had to wear it for 2 weeks after I got out of isolation.)

Masks are not and were never an issue.

I was never a fan of wearing them, I could never find a way to stop my glasses getting steamed up, but I felt that was a small sacrifice to make with the global pandemic and everything. Its "hilarious" how many tough guys couldn't bear a little discomfort here and there.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

The Bible posted:

No one had trouble breathing through a mask what the gently caress are you on about

HolidayDrunk
Dec 31, 2023

I'm trying to imagine what my indigenous ancestors thought, when people looking like this showed up and said "God told us your land was ours now."

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

People of Walmart Mar-a-Lago

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
I can't stop thinking about that #maga watermark: "oh ho ho, surely everyone will want to stare at the ~70 year old cleavage and spot my clever hashtag"

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

I don't like this Liquid Sky sequel

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Ted Cruz and Klaus Kinski

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
The woman on the right is dressed like Al from Quantum Leap.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
There's something to be said about going to sleep at this time and knowing that when I wake up in 8 hours there will be a bounty of LOLs waiting for me.

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010

Disco Pope posted:

I was never a fan of wearing them, I could never find a way to stop my glasses getting steamed up, but I felt that was a small sacrifice to make with the global pandemic and everything. Its "hilarious" how many tough guys couldn't bear a little discomfort here and there.

I got some sort of special microfiber cloth from my optician with some sort of substance (some wax probably?) that would stop my glasses from fogging up for at least a couple of hours. Might be worth looking into it for the Next Big One. I also remember some anti fogging liquid from my scuba diving days that would probably work. The truth is out there.

Wearing masks absolutely sucked but sometimes you have to be slightly inconvenienced for the greater good, and evem for your own benefit. Which is something a lot of chuds are incapable of comprehending at a base level.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Markovnikov posted:

I got some sort of special microfiber cloth from my optician with some sort of substance (some wax probably?) that would stop my glasses from fogging up for at least a couple of hours. Might be worth looking into it for the Next Big One. I also remember some anti fogging liquid from my scuba diving days that would probably work. The truth is out there.

Wearing masks absolutely sucked but sometimes you have to be slightly inconvenienced for the greater good, and evem for your own benefit. Which is something a lot of chuds are incapable of comprehending at a base level.

I'm vegetarian and sometimes run in to the same argument from our closest chud equivalent: "don't you miss a nice juicy steak?" Hell yeah, I do, that stuff was delicious but I've made a choice to forego it for reasons that I believe supercede my own gratification.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Disco Pope posted:

I'm vegetarian and sometimes run in to the same argument from our closest chud equivalent: "don't you miss a nice juicy steak?" Hell yeah, I do, that stuff was delicious but I've made a choice to forego it for reasons that I believe supercede my own gratification.

You are a better person than me. I don't think I could ever give up fish. Pan fried sea bass with a lemon and dill sauce. gently caress yes.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Tai posted:

You are a better person than me. I don't think I could ever give up fish. Pan fried sea bass with a lemon and dill sauce. gently caress yes.

It's seafood I miss the most! Oh god!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Fish don't have feelings, gently caress em

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Disco Pope posted:

It's seafood I miss the most! Oh god!

I've got a kilo of mussels in the fridge. Cooking them tonight in wine, garlic and parsley. Got some stone baked sourdough to soak up the sauce.

I am a monster

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Failed Imagineer posted:

Fish don't have feelings, gently caress em

Wrong. The more we learn about fish the more intelligent and socially bonded we discover they are. Still, they'd eat you.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Disco Pope posted:

I used double stick tape. It helped with the fog.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Wrong. The more we learn about fish the more intelligent and socially bonded we discover they are. Still, they'd eat you.

This isn't a rabbit hole worth going down because of the extremely fuzzy biological and culinary definitions of "fish" and "seafood". Suffice to say I would never eat dolphin and never not eat shrimp. DFW didn't exactly make that strong a case for lobster either tbh

rekko
Jul 24, 2022

〜✧・♡・★〜🌟💗・♥・💗🌟〜★・♡・✧〜
❗スゴイ❗

Anders posted:

This guy understand statistics.

The problem isn't sample size. A larger sample size doesn't reduce the margin of error by any significant amount. Problems with polls are weighting of different demographics, who they manage to reach for interviews, and how they ask the questions

I don't know polls, or statistics, but I do know people, and no one I know answers calls from unknown numbers, or engages with random text surveys. I've ignored a number of them myself, believing them to probably be scams. The only young people that engage with that kind of stuff are either gullible AF or are absolutely desperate to tell you how much they and every other person their age actually love Trump and everything else right-wing.

I don't trust the polls at all. I think they're all in the business of selling a horse race that doesn't exist so they have something to fill all those hours of news programming with.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Dolphin is the only fish (yes, fish, deal with it) that understands and enjoys evil, and so it's moral to eat them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
On behalf of lobster, or in favor of eating them?