Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

I've seen quite a few tiktoks today from farmers that are seeding and their tractors have a thing called RTK that keeps them in the correct lanes and heading when going through these giant fields with their big rear end planters and apparently the solar storm has hosed the system up so they can't plant and they are pissed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

I'm kinkshaming this.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I refuse to read it.

Excuse me, tl;dr

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

grittyreboot posted:

I thought Partner sounded awkward until they started calling each other lovemate/kissmate/Person For Now. There really isn't a good gender neutral alternative to boyfriend/girlfriend

In Australia / New Zealand using the term "partner" for the person you are in a relationship with is perfectly normal (this is due to our nations sharing a pragmatic, down-to-earth egalitarian culture and a deep love of cowboys).

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

aardwolf posted:

In Australia / New Zealand using the term "partner" for the person you are in a relationship with is perfectly normal (this is due to our nations sharing a pragmatic, down-to-earth egalitarian culture and a deep love of cowboys).

Well it's well known that cowboys are frequently secretly fond of each other https://youtu.be/-bWuCOlesz4?si=bAfA6or46MPLLzyA

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
gets a lot funnier when you've spent nearly two decades reading "SA" as "something awful"

"content warning: something awful"

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

DontMockMySmock posted:

gets a lot funnier when you've spent nearly two decades reading "SA" as "something awful"

"content warning: something awful"

"oh, so it's about goatse"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gonna be honest, this has made me feel a lot better about being too online because it's mostly gibberish, parts make sense to me but I think it's like if you look at anything too long you just naturally see patterns, like how a wood table might have some knots in it that resemble a face.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://x.com/Freeyourmindkid/status/1789557926606127593

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

aardwolf posted:

this explains a lot. i've always used partner (for my otherwise unremarkably hetero relationship) and thought since leaving NZ that people got weirder about it.

i didn't make the connection, i thought it was just me using "partner" not a cultural thing of nz's

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I keep expecting it to be hex pairs.

49 20 63 61 6e 27 74 20 72 65 61 64 20 74 68 61 74 0a

Hyperlynx has a new favorite as of 09:48 on May 12, 2024

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

I... think I can translate most of this?

content warning: sexual assault. Okay so be for real: is sexual assault roleplay okay if I'm a female non-binary person? My boyfriend or significant other or whatever is a non-binary white (trans woman? Trigger warning?) so I know it is up to me to do it if we do do my nonconsent roleplay because he is male, so if we do a male on female nonconsent roleplay it might be nonconsensual nonconsent i.e. actual sexual assault. Oh yeah I call him he because we do boyfriend on girlfriend roleplay.
My 2 cents is that it is okay, because tl;dr I'm neurodivergent

Gosh I feel like an archeologist decoding hieroglyphics

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

this explains a lot. i've always used partner (for my otherwise unremarkably hetero relationship) and thought since leaving NZ that people got weirder about it.

i didn't make the connection, i thought it was just me using "partner" not a cultural thing of nz's

Also perfectly normal in major US cities, less so in rural areas.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Content Warning: South Africa

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

What does xd stand for

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

kiminewt posted:

What does xd stand for

It's the shortened form of XKCD, that nerd comic.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

kiminewt posted:

What does xd stand for

Xeno dick

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

kiminewt posted:

What does xd stand for

It's tongue kissing the butthole.

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

kiminewt posted:

What does xd stand for

It's me, a grown man in chat, trying to flirt with a vtuber roleplaying a stinky old boot

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

kiminewt posted:

What does xd stand for

xanadu

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

kiminewt posted:

What does xd stand for

Text version of ":D"

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

I don’t even see the code. All I see is blonde, brunette, redhead

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Whybird posted:

Gosh I feel like an archeologist decoding hieroglyphics

This made me kind of happy because if the big one goes off and destroys all the computers and stuff, there will be no record of the internet

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

codo27 posted:

This made me kind of happy because if the big one goes off and destroys all the computers and stuff, there will be no record of the internet

*Hires a team of stonemasons to laboriously chisel the Riddick post on my sarcophagus.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

codo27 posted:

Actually it will be all the minion memes that the boomers have printed out

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

kiminewt posted:

What does xd stand for

Xtreme Dicking

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

pardon

https://twitter.com/BocumaRacc/status/1789436257346728306

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Whybird posted:

Xtreme Dicking

:hai:

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
https://twitter.com/TheSaurus831/status/1789458169699385411

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

How do I mace the 30-50 forest cows that run into my woods within 3-5 mins while my small kids play?

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

codo27 posted:

except the dril books, thank god

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Oh, so that's how pepper steak is made.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

https://twitter.com/damn_elle/status/1789331104329289915

Kangaroo Jerk
Jul 23, 2000

Women, where do cows rank on the Strangers in the Forest list?

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Fellas, is it outdoorsy to poo poo in the woods?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/hyperdiscogirl/status/1789522427229168102

https://twitter.com/raspbearyart/status/1789443756061766031

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

lmao has nobody been around cows before? they weren't attacking at all just curious, and obviously scared of him since they shied away everytime he moved towards them. Everybody involved in that video and tweet is a goddamn idiot.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
No, those aren't just ordinary cows, they are FOREST COWS - completely different!

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

I can kinda sorta understand being surprised and unsettled by a bunch of cows coming out of the woods and heading right towards you.

What I don't understand is why you would record your freakout and then post it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
The camera person also kept like re-engaging the cows and antagonizing them so they had excuses to mace them.

Deeply weird all around.