Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Alright bros here we go https://trips.furkot.com/ts/BTUdmC

We're meeting at Best Donuts in McKinney. We plan to show up there at 11:00ish to have a donut or so, kickstands up at 11:30. We'll ride out to Johnson Branch at Lake Ray Roberts, do our grilling, and then head home.

Chad and I will pack the grilling goods on our bikes since we ride SUVs. We'll have burgers with fixins, chips, and drinks.

:siren: Please remember to bring $7 for the park entry fee :siren:

Skreemer: lovely luck on the tire, sorry to hear it. You're welcome to ride my DRZ if you wanna meet me here before Chad and I roll out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
If I could, that would be awesome. I'll promise to baby it. What time do you want me to meet at your place?

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
It's a DRZ with plenty of oil in it, I can't imagine how you could gently caress it up.

Chad and I are meeting at my place at a little before 10 so we can pack the groceries. We'll probably roll out of here at 10:30, so before then is best.

Alceste
Dec 5, 2003

Ramrod XTreme
Donuts and motorcycles and burgers sounds like a great day.

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?
That was fun.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Not a whole lot of color variety, huh? I'd love to fix that someday soon.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
We would welcome the diversity when you finally get your ride back.

Great ride today folks. Let's start thinking about other destinations we can choose for future rides. I know there's a park out at Fossil Rim that might be kinda fun.

Alceste
Dec 5, 2003

Ramrod XTreme
There was a bright yellow SV for a while, but yeah, I guess all silver and gray and blue isn't real interesting to look at. I like kuffs' angle better where you can't see how dorky my bike looks next to all those fancy machines. It sure likes the cooler air, though. I don't know if the effect is as pronounced on FI bikes but when the air cools down it's almost like I re-jetted.

I liked the Fossil Rim idea. We've been thinking about taking the family on a camping trip there so it would be fun to scout it out beforehand, if the timing happens to work that way.

Thank you to everyone who coordinated, contributed, carried and cooked yesterday. I had a good time feeling like a freeloader.

Alceste
Dec 5, 2003

Ramrod XTreme
My photo contribution is this scraggly dead tree encrusted with zebra mussel shells and harsh backlighting.

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

is fossil rim near the dinosaur park in Glen Rose?

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Alceste posted:

There was a bright yellow SV for a while, but yeah, I guess all silver and gray and blue isn't real interesting to look at. I like kuffs' angle better where you can't see how dorky my bike looks next to all those fancy machines. It sure likes the cooler air, though. I don't know if the effect is as pronounced on FI bikes but when the air cools down it's almost like I re-jetted.

Don't worry, I'll have you beat by a mile in dorkiness. I smell you on the cool air, too, it's like a whole new machine, especially when I go down to the bottoms at night and get the real thick, cool air there.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

My dorkmobile is now inspected and registered, and I eagerly await the arrival of my Classic Motorcycle plates and various idiotic motorcycle activities.

e: sorry for the dark, grainy photo that doesn't even show off my brand-new clear fuel line.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Fossil Rim is indeed near Glen Rose. The real downside is that it's about an hour of metromess before we even get to the outskirts of Fort Worth.

Maybe we should put together another chillax in-city ride for this weekend. I'm stuck with the DRZ until I can get the oil changed in the GS.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

kuffs posted:

Maybe we should put together another chillax in-city ride for this weekend. I'm stuck with the DRZ until I can get the oil changed in the GS.

As if the DRZ isn't awesome:

Alceste
Dec 5, 2003

Ramrod XTreme
I'll be with the family in Broken Bow this weekend, so I'm out. You all should enjoy the weather some more if you can and show off the handgourds though.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Alright, maybe not. N2 has reminded me of the ever-changing Dallas weather. 95 does not sound fun for a slow city ride.

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

kuffs posted:

Alright, maybe not. N2 has reminded me of the ever-changing Dallas weather. 95 does not sound fun for a slow city ride.

how about this weekend? highs look to be about upper 70's to lower 80's depending on who you believe.

azzenco
Jan 16, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Depending on when and how far you guys go, I might be able to attend my first ride with you :dance: That is, if you take rookies still. I sold my helmet bluetooth cause I thought I was selling my bike but I never did sell it so that might be an issue.

Also :effort:

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

nitrogen posted:

how about this weekend? highs look to be about upper 70's to lower 80's depending on who you believe.

Works for me, I'm all over it and hopefully on my own ride if I can get tires on tomorrow.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
N2 and I have been talking about hitting up the Dallas Museum of Art on Sunday. The museum has a coat check, so we should be able to drop our gear off.

I'll work on putting a route together tonight.

We most definitely do accept noobs. There's no silly posturing in this group. We all ride responsibly and always watch out for the rider behind us.

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

You don't need a Bluetooth helmet, but it would be a real good idea to have an actual helmet.

azzenco
Jan 16, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Cool let me know details for whatever day you're riding. I have all the safety gear but I was slowly trying to get rid of it. I'll definitely be riding in the back with my 250.

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

watch this space for details, Kuffs will usually post the route and details on the saturday before.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Here we go guys https://trips.furkot.com/ts/yEhmlc Super chill ride

We meet at Monkey King Noodle at 11am on Sunday. I'm gonna say kickstands up at Noon. We'll take a short visit to go check out some of the art underneath the highway in Deep Ellum. Then we'll take a brief tour through some of the iconic spots of Downtown Dallas. There are a few Shepard Fairey murals in town that we'll go see. And then we'll land at the Dallas Museum of Art.

Admission is free at the museum. They have a coat check which I will be using for my equipment, but I don't know for sure if it's complimentary. And there is a special exhibition going on right now https://www.dma.org/art/exhibitions/international-pop . I personally love pop art, so I will be shelling out the $16 for that exhibit.

I don't have anything planned after the museum. I expect that the museum will probably keep me entertained for a few hours. If it gets late enough and we're all down for some dinner I would certainly help orchestrate that.

note: I would consider bringing a change of shoes for wandering around the museum unless you have pretty comfy moto boots. I'll probably end up bringing a backpack and my helmet bag just to keep my things corralled for the coat check.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
New tires make all the difference. I'll see you folks tomorrow.

Alceste
Dec 5, 2003

Ramrod XTreme
I'd love to go but I may be riding to Tulsa instead to go help my mom with some stuff. Either riding or driving, haven't decided yet. Hope you all have a nice time.

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

One of these guys will have to upload the pic they took of me.

Other things we got to see:

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Here we go bros

http://imgur.com/a/72ZN7

azzenco
Jan 16, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Sorry I missed it. I woke up hungover and other excuses.

At least this guy got arrested and nobody died - angry old dude

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

azzenco posted:

Sorry I missed it. I woke up hungover and other excuses.

At least this guy got arrested and nobody died - angry old dude

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/2015/10/19/driver-in-viral-video-wreck-wreck-charged-with-assault/74240788/

I bet William Crum loving cares now.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Anything fun going on this weekend? I was hoping it'd dry out enough to ride a bit tomorrow.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

N is for Nipples posted:

Anything fun going on this weekend? I was hoping it'd dry out enough to ride a bit tomorrow.

Not sure. I'm going to set up my TV and watch MotoGP on Sunday. I don't get out of work until 10am Saturday though.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
I hadn't planned on anything. The forecast was supposed to be a weekend of pretty intense rain.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

What are the odds on that 'insect bit me in the dick' story having even a shred of truth?

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

N is for Nipples posted:

What are the odds on that 'insect bit me in the dick' story having even a shred of truth?

About none when you jump out of the car and start spouting "I don't care!" at the other guy. It was a deliberate act on the part of the old guy and wasn't a big deal to him until he found out he could get in trouble for it.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Anyone going out for a ride today? It's supposed to be cool and gray, but not raining for once.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
And of course I said something and it's raining like crazy.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Skreemer posted:

And of course I said something and it's raining like crazy.

Protip: If you're gonna go out for a late-night food run in the rain, on streets smattered with gravel and debris, you should probably at least swap from mirrored to clear visor. I spent half the time with my face cold and eyes watering and the other half making GBS threads myself over how dark everything was.

"It'll be fine," I thought, "It's not that dark out and that visor isn't that dark either, there's no reason to take the ten seconds to swap it out."

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

get a helmet with the integrated sun visor. I got a Shoei Neotek because my last helmet was a cheap piece of crap, and a big reason why was the integrated visor.

Modular helmets are a bit heavy, but they are so nice that they are worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

nitrogen posted:

get a helmet with the integrated sun visor. I got a Shoei Neotek because my last helmet was a cheap piece of crap, and a big reason why was the integrated visor.

Modular helmets are a bit heavy, but they are so nice that they are worth it.

I would, but I skipped modular for my own reasons, and the helmet was far from my problem - I could have fixed it in literal seconds with no fiddling and been fine, but I didn't want to walk back inside. All negligence on my part.

• Locked thread