Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
I wish there was an AFK-kick function during an EQ announcement. Like if you haven't moved in 10 of the 15 minutes of advance notice, you get booted to your room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Devour or Fire posted:

You can go wherever you want, with premium.
The premium block usually appears to be full too.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Never do DESPAIR with a party less than 12, that's all I gotta say

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

dragon enthusiast posted:

I did that tonight with a group that was entirely took good at it. They had all the enemy spawn points figured out to the point that they had a charged photon cannon pointed and firing before the enemies appeared. None of the bases hardly got a scratch...and I felt very useless.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."
Beats the hell out of watching two towers go down because dudes want to save up all their AIS charges until wave 8.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

dragon enthusiast posted:

9/12 despair parties are always the most intense ones. They ussually end with one tower remaining at the final wave and everyone franticly defending it.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Tengames posted:

9/12 despair parties are always the most intense ones. They ussually end with one tower remaining at the final wave and everyone franticly defending it.

The last time this happened three of the pubbies started bitching up a storm blaming each other for failing the mission, it was really quite something

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Samurai Sanders posted:

I did that tonight with a group that was entirely took good at it. They had all the enemy spawn points figured out to the point that they had a charged photon cannon pointed and firing before the enemies appeared. None of the bases hardly got a scratch...and I felt very useless.

You know what? I'm okay with feeling useless because that usually means we're gonna get tons of 10*+ loot. It's when I consistently get first place as a single target burst Gunner that I feel bad. But the feeling usually stems from the awful knowledge that it's because the chucklefuck Ranger is putting Weak Bullets on basic darkers when bosses are alive and the casters are punching poo poo like they think they're a melee class.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

The White Dragon posted:

You know what? I'm okay with feeling useless because that usually means we're gonna get tons of 10*+ loot. It's when I consistently get first place as a single target burst Gunner that I feel bad. But the feeling usually stems from the awful knowledge that it's because the chucklefuck Ranger is putting Weak Bullets on basic darkers when bosses are alive and the casters are punching poo poo like they think they're a melee class.

http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%88%E3%83%AC%E3%82%A4%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B1%E3%82%A4%E3%82%B8

to be honest; Force is the only real offensive casting class

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
If you're not bonking as a techer. YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

InfinityComplex posted:

If you're not bonking as a techer. YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.
Speaking of that, do the (element) mastery abilities of techer affect the damage from wand bonking?

Also, is it only for wind, dark and light? Not the other elements?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Force has Fire/Lightning/Ice, yeah.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

Speaking of that, do the (element) mastery abilities of techer affect the damage from wand bonking?

the elemental masteries affect the tech damage only, element weak hit effects weapon elemental damage and wand explosions I believe though.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Since we're talking about wands, I've been meaning to find out: does the amount of element on a wand affect wand gear's damage at all? Like, is there a difference between a 30 light wand and a 50 light wand?

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

MR. J posted:

Since we're talking about wands, I've been meaning to find out: does the amount of element on a wand affect wand gear's damage at all? Like, is there a difference between a 30 light wand and a 50 light wand?
Wand gear explosions seem to be 100% elemental damage, using your T-atk to deal said damage. The elemental mastery skills do not apply to Wand Gear because they boost the power of the Techniques, not tech damage.

Wand element still matters because that 50% element is applied to the S-atk based basic attack. also Attack Advance and Wand Lovers do not boost the damage on the tech explosion, and apparently AA also does not effect the step-attack during wand lovers.

NextTime000 fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Dec 13, 2014

AndyAML
Jul 24, 2006

HEY BASS WHY MUST I FIGHT YOU WE ARE NOT ENEMIES
We have a lot of information on the system mechanics at the PSO2DB. We're still in the process of updating some of the pages, but most of the important stuff like which class skills affect what, weapon listing, drop information, etc. is accurate and up-to-date.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Man you've got spelling errors all over the place there though.

AndyAML
Jul 24, 2006

HEY BASS WHY MUST I FIGHT YOU WE ARE NOT ENEMIES

Dabir posted:

Man you've got spelling errors all over the place there though.
Such as? If you're referring to the weapon or enemy names, some of them will be different from the names in the English patch. Otherwise, please give some examples and I can certainly fix them up.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Yeah we'll let ya know. Some people may hound ya for sticking to more literal translations but that's your decision.

in other news, it seems they got this PSO2es chip-icon maker up and running for a bit now:
http://pso2.jp/es/players/special/
this is strictly for making your own fake-chips, none of this will go into the actual game.

EDIT:

NextTime000 fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Dec 14, 2014

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
dev stream is mostly over at this point; here is the recap:
http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-livestream-27-recap-arks-x-mas-party/

:siren:Challenge Quests:siren:

NextTime000 fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Dec 14, 2014

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

A bunch of people, Japanese included, just got disconnected during the boosted EQ and can't get back on right now. So if you try to log on and get a server time out that's why.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
Did Sega remove the IP ban? On a whim I just tried and I was able to access pso2.jp without timing out for the first time in months.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Unless you can connect to the game servers themselves (or the bloody launcher download servers), it doesn't count.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

VarXX posted:

Did Sega remove the IP ban? On a whim I just tried and I was able to access pso2.jp without timing out for the first time in months.
Some ISPs recently got reconnected I think, yeah. Not mine though.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

It sounds like the mass connection issues happened right around the time most people would be finished up their final run through the EQ. Since it was super boosted Christmas, the mostly likely explanation is that the servers choked on a shitload of people identifying items all at the same time, which is pretty funny.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

InfinityComplex posted:

Unless you can connect to the game servers themselves (or the bloody launcher download servers), it doesn't count.

Accessing the site is generally a good indication, but yeah not concrete or anything.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Well, that's pretty weird.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

I picked a bad time to start playing again. :stare:

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Combat Lobster posted:

I picked a bad time to start playing again. :stare:

No, its a great time to start playing again. Stopping on the other hand... :unsmigghh:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Remember, you're here forever.

dudulaughing.png

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

I managed to find a second SW Lightning Espada, this time with DEX mark and Ultimate Buster, plus a Queen Viera in the same run. They are also the second and third 12 star weapons I have ever found since 12 stars first went into the game.

Shady3011
Oct 21, 2008

Hello.

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

Now, craft it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It couldn't just have 13 stars, one of them had to be a RAINBOW star. Where will they go from here?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

It couldn't just have 13 stars, one of them had to be a RAINBOW star. Where will they go from here?

PSP2/i just slapped more rainbow stars on after for 14/15*, but God only knows after that.

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

They'll just use <blink> tags. Back to 1995 we go!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Oh, I keep forgetting that stuff showing up in PSO2 is often taken from one of the PSP games.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

LiquidRain posted:

They'll just use <blink> tags. Back to 1995 we go!

Level 4 potentials will have marching ants.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

So it turns out that Magatsu has a percentage counter like Loser does, and ship 2 finished the first one with a whopping 9% defeated!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Ship 10 had a whopping 4% defeated!

Can't until people have learned to systematically destroy this boss.

Turns out if you still fail you still succeed. (Announcement wise)

• Locked thread