Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Pron on VHS posted:

helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Good God

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Goddamn we pass worse than the Titans. Fuckin hell

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

Bad Moon posted:

Goddamn we pass worse than the Titans. Fuckin hell

Trade Wilson and Baldwin for Locker, and have no more downfield throws. Call it Poetry in Motion (But Only Behind the Line of Scrimmage)

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Boba Phat posted:

I've been trying to figure out what to say about the Harvin trade for 20 minutes and I'm still just utterly stupefied. HOW? WHAT? WHY?

Maybe alcohol has the answer.

And Marshawn. And Avril. Oh wait, this loving move comes with 7.2 million in dead money next year.

Avril is going to want 100 mil over 5 years because he's a greedy little turd.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Prozach posted:

My only hope is that this is gonna be just like Trent Richardson and that he inexplicably becomes the worst at his position in the entire league. But I know that's an irrational hope because I've actually seen the guy be a dynamic weapon.

And it came in the two-year span that he wasn't coached by Bevell.

The Seahawks gave a 1st 3rd 7th and huge contract to Harvin. They might get a 4th out of the trade. The Vikings burned the Seahawks already dude

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Oct 18, 2014

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Pron on VHS posted:

8 WRs have more receiving yards than the entire KC WR group combined
Andy Dalton has more receiving TDs than the entire KC WR group combined

.....And KC skipped out on the best WR draft class in history, Percy would have been nice. He can punch anyone he wants

Dwayne Bowe ain't no Calvin Johnson as the late great Johnny Morton would have said.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Boba Phat posted:

I've been trying to figure out what to say about the Harvin trade for 20 minutes and I'm still just utterly stupefied. HOW? WHAT? WHY?

i'm trying

it doesn't

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

He took to Twitter to let everyone know that with his simple, yet NSFW thoughts

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Ozu posted:

@Jason_OTC
#Seahawks will carry $7.2 million in dead money next year for Harvin

This is the best part of a great day.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

TubeStank posted:

The Seahawks gave a 1st 3rd 7th and huge contract to Harvin. They might get a 4th out of the trade. The Vikings burned the Seahawks already dude

Yeah.

But I'll always have that memory of Harvin putting the dagger in with that 2nd half opening TD return in the Super Bowl :unsmith:

ChuckHead
Jun 24, 2004

2000 years Assholes.

Boba Phat posted:

Yes, yes it is.

I just want to keep the two core Seahawk strengths: Defense and Russell Wilson bullshit.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

thompson posted:

Avril is going to want 100 mil over 5 years because he's a greedy little turd.

The Seahawks have started playing Avril on every down, learning nothing from the 2012 Lions.

Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal

Prozach posted:

Third down grouping? You mean EVERY down grouping!

Doug Baldwin and Jermaine Kearse are the entire passing game right now. Jesus Christ. I love Baldwin but fuuuck.

Right now, the most likely targets on passing downs would be what, Baldwin/Kearse/Walters/Willson?

Thats UDFA/UDFA/UDFA/5th round backup TE

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ozu posted:

I can't remember a WTF like this since Moss was traded to the Vikings.

@Jason_OTC
#Seahawks will carry $7.2 million in dead money next year for Harvin

:hawksin:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Your day is coming when Harbaugh leaves to be a Wolverine!

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

They're gonna be able to lock up a bunch of other key parts now though. This is not nearly as bad a trade for the Seahawks as a lot of people seem to think IMO.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Cruel and Unusual posted:

The Seahawks have started playing Avril on every down, learning nothing from the 2012 Lions.

Who do the Seahawks miss the most of these post-SB sign-aways:

Red Bryant, Golden Tate, Walter Thurmond

(all of them the answer is all of them)

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Rogue Elephant posted:

They're gonna be able to lock up a bunch of other key parts now though. This is not nearly as bad a trade for the Seahawks as a lot of people seem to think IMO.

No, it's more in the category of "recognizing they overpaid" so that part is funny even if the trade itself is better than having Harvin and getting little out of him

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

This is what happens when you go with the locker-room-chemistry-killing rear end in a top hat over the walking-taunting-penalty rear end in a top hat.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/10/17/6996583/golden-tate-responds-to-percy-harvin-trade-with-live-action-kermit

Shangri-Law School fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Oct 18, 2014

Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal
Rumors circulating that Harvin tried to fight Russel Wilson this last week, also that he punched Tate in the face right before the Superbowl

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Some people are saying that Percy Harvin called the Pacific Ocean a fuckface and put his ding-dong in Pete Carroll's coffee

LiquidFusion
Feb 11, 2004
Ezra < Me < Jake
Do we know what the conditions are on the pick number? I haven't been able to find details about it.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Zifnab posted:

Rumors circulating that Harvin tried to fight Russel Wilson this last week, also that he punched Tate in the face right before the Superbowl

Tate banged Wilson's wife first, enraging Harvin who called dibs

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
Just clearing roster space for the still unhappy Andre Johnson. Then he'll be all old and we'll still be out a first. This whole thing is fart city.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I don't understand the following:
- If he was being such a hothead pain in the rear end for the past few weeks, why didn't we hear about all these trade talks? Further, how much of a poo poo must he have been to have justified the team wasting 20 million and a first and a third round pick? Like, wouldn't that usually require class A fuckupery?
- Why do the Jets think their offensive woes will be solved by paying a shitload of money for a WR and why do they think its important enough to do it midseason when their season is already essentially blown?
- Why are the Jets willing to pay so much money for a head case? The Jets aren't known for their unified locker room already. Usually a team will only do that for a guy like Randy Moss or Terrell Owens. I don't think Harvin is that talented.
- Why didn't the Vikings take him back for peanuts, become champions of the league for so transparently fleecing Seattle, and then have two Percy Harvins on one team?

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

football fuckerman posted:

Some people are saying that Percy Harvin called the Pacific Ocean a fuckface and put his ding-dong in Pete Carroll's coffee

Pete could tell this happened because of the difference in the coffee's temperature and Havin's penis temperature. He never forgets to Ask Questions.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Man he must be a real rear end in a top hat if a team is willing to eat the dead space like that next season.

Bulging Nipples
Jan 16, 2006

Zifnab posted:

Rumors circulating that Harvin tried to fight Russel Wilson this last week,

what that bastard

Zifnab posted:

also that he punched Tate in the face right before the Superbowl

Eh we'll call it a wash then

Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal

LiquidFusion posted:

Do we know what the conditions are on the pick number? I haven't been able to find details about it.

No news yet, John Clayton was on the radio a minute ago and said he had no idea - he's about as locked in to the Hawks as anyone

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Gerund posted:

Pete could tell this happened because of the difference in the coffee's temperature and Havin's penis temperature. He never forgets to Ask Questions.

The MSM will tell you coffee gets colder over time and expect you to accept it but I prefer an explanation based on the facts, like the fact that Percy Harvin has well-known Character Issues and a cold dick

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

No, it's more in the category of "recognizing they overpaid" so that part is funny even if the trade itself is better than having Harvin and getting little out of him

This is the last year where he has guaranteed money bud.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

anime gently caress pillow posted:

I don't understand the following:
- If he was being such a hothead pain in the rear end for the past few weeks, why didn't we hear about all these trade talks? Further, how much of a poo poo must he have been to have justified the team wasting 20 million and a first and a third round pick? Like, wouldn't that usually require class A fuckupery?
- Why do the Jets think their offensive woes will be solved by paying a shitload of money for a WR and why do they think its important enough to do it midseason when their season is already essentially blown?
- Why are the Jets willing to pay so much money for a head case? The Jets aren't known for their unified locker room already. Usually a team will only do that for a guy like Randy Moss or Terrell Owens. I don't think Harvin is that talented.
- Why didn't the Vikings take him back for peanuts, become champions of the league for so transparently fleecing Seattle, and then have two Percy Harvins on one team?

• Seattle doesn't leak ANYTHING. Its why draftniks always call our players "out of nowhere", because we didn't drop the 411 before hand.
  • Because butts in seats and giving Rex all the rope he needs.
  • One head case is manageable, two head cases is toxic, a hundred head cases is the New York Jets.
  • Harvin might have just/also hated playing for a cold weather team.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

TubeStank posted:

Oh, so this is basically the Seahawks outright cutting him. Sheesh.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Haha this owns, Harvin kwns, Tate owns, Bevell is a bitch.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Zifnab posted:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

anime gently caress pillow posted:

Oh, so this is basically the Seahawks outright cutting him. Sheesh.

But the Hawks have dead money.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

TubeStank posted:

Yeah so this is like cutting him but getting whatever pick back, the basic point is still there. By "they overpaid" I meant in trade value to acquire him

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Gerund posted:

• Seattle doesn't leak ANYTHING. Its why draftniks always call our players "out of nowhere", because we didn't drop the 411 before hand.
  • Because butts in seats and giving Rex all the rope he needs.
  • One head case is manageable, two head cases is toxic, a hundred head cases is the New York Jets.
  • Harvin might have just/also hated playing for a cold weather team.

mhm. mhm. mhm. mhm. Gosh when you put it that way it's almost like they fuckin fleeced the Jets and made out like bandits. Flat out robbed them of that fourth round pick or whatever

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Yeah so this is like cutting him but getting whatever pick back, the basic point is still there. By "they overpaid" I meant in trade value to acquire him

Seahawks got 8 games for a 1st a 3rd a 7th plus whatever his contract is PLUS 7 million in dead money and they are getting a conditional mid round pick back. They got fleeced twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

harvin punched the spirit of victory right into golden tate, you can't find those kind of intangibles just anywhere

• Locked thread