Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
LINES, BITCH!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Chilichimp posted:

LINES, BITCH!

TFF's motto.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

Chilichimp posted:

LINES, BITCH!

Wow I laughed a lot harder at this than I should have.

FREE RYAN BROYLES

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Hizawk posted:

Raoila is hopefully suspended. Line is fixed. Lions start to roll.

I find it hilarious we still don't play Ryan All I do is catch the football Broyles and we still see Fuller drop pass after pass.

Looks like he's just going to be fined.

The NFL justice system is alive and well.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Bort Bortles posted:

JFF's motto.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Wow, how sickening of Jim Schwartz to let the inmates run the asylum and not suspend Dominic Raiola after that blatant cheap sh-ooooooooh right

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
Caldwell don't be a loving coward here, I wanted to like you SO much.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
I think one of the great things about Caldwell is the players seem to respect him. You can just see it in the post game locker room talks. We're still a playoff hopeful team and maybe getting their asses handed to them against two tough teams will encourage them to work harder, which is a point Caldwell mentioned in his interview this morning. LIONS, BITCH.

Also it seems like Megatron isn't the same after his injuries this season. Maybe it's just the lovely OL not giving him and Stafford any time to get free from coverage.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah I'd hazard there's a good reason Stafford's favorite target this year is Tate.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

How the gently caress do you Lions fans do this to yourselves every year? Didn't you start like 6-3 last year and completely collapse?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

VJeff posted:

Yeah I'd hazard there's a good reason Stafford's favorite target this year is Tate.

Because he is a better receiver. No mystery there.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

quote:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

#Lions OL Dominic Raiola will not be fined for his antics against the #Patriots, source said.

welp

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Lmbo, I hope on Thursday a Bear drives straight into his loving knees on the first play.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If there's a Super Bowl in the Lions' future, Raiola will probably be a part of it but Hanson and Jahvid won't.

lol.

lol indeed.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

As Birkett was explaining it on Twitter today, so long as the defender isn't engaged, it's legal to take him out low. So what Raiola did wasn't illegal. Dumb as hell, and players whining about the other team running up the score are turbo stupid.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Lmbo, I hope on Thursday a Bear drives straight into his loving knees on the first play.

If it has to be anyone, I want it to be Ego Ferguson.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Kirios posted:

How the gently caress do you Lions fans do this to yourselves every year? Didn't you start like 6-3 last year and completely collapse?

After a while you get used to it:

quote:

A brief history of the NFC North's Detroit Lions

Detroit Lions 2002: start 3-5, finish 0-8 for 3-13. No playoffs.
Detroit Lions 2004: start 3-2, finish 2-9 for 5-11. No playoffs.
Detroit Lions 2006: start 3-3, finish 2-8 for 5-11. No playoffs.
Detroit Lions 2007: start 6-2, finish 1-7 for 7-9. No playoffs.
Detroit Lions 2011: start 6-2, finish 4-4 for 10-6. First round playoff exit.
Detroit Lions 2012: start 4-4, finish 0-8 for 4-12. No playoffs.
Detroit Lions 2013: start 6-3, finish 1-6 for 7-9. Sole win in this stretch is against Green Bay. No playoffs. Green Bay wins the division with a 8-7-1 record.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Kirios posted:

Every Lions fan can trace his lineage back to Sisyphus himself. We know that rock is never going to actually end up on top of that hill, but we're going to keep trying because LIONS BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

A collapse wouldn't surprise me (:smith:), but these losses were both at the top seeds in each conference. None of the previous Lions teams that collapsed had this good of a defense.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
Yeah it is way too early to call this a collapse. if the Lions start losing to Chicago and Tampa Bay though, the collapse is real.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If the Lions lose to the Bucs at home two years in a row, I mmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay jump off the Ambassador Bridge.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

VJeff posted:

If the Lions lose to the Bucs at home two years in a row, I mmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay jump off the Ambassador Bridge.

Let's not get hasty here, this idea has merit with or without the football qualifier.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

"Sure there was a lot of frustration there with Raiola. He's never beaten us. Tough day for him." - Belichick with subtle tweak of Lions C

Lol Bill you scamp.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

VJeff posted:

Don't loving pay Matty Moroun before your death

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
These losses, and even the manner in which they occurred were to be expected. It's time for the trial by fire that is "How will you perform against lovely/beatable teams?" If the Lions wither under the overwhelming flaccid force of Tampa Bay, Minnesota and a double Chicago, then we will know we are lost.

Edit: That Belichick quote is awesome. Like, as much as I don't like the image of the drooling Southie Pats fan, I can also say that Belichick is cool as poo poo.

Punch Card fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Nov 26, 2014

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
Guys the Lions are gonna beat the bears tomorrow right? :ohdear:

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Yassssssssssssss. Just scored a free ticket to the Lions game tomorrow. My first game at Ford Field, I'm pretty stoked. Gonna get drunk, wear some blue glitter on my face, and scream about the Lions bitch

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Lions are going to roll tomorrow. They are mad and the Bears suck. The Bears are also travelling on a short week.

Lions 47 - Bears 3.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

TKIY posted:

Lions are going to roll tomorrow. They are mad and the Bears suck. The Bears are also travelling on a short week.

Lions 47 - Bears 3.

They should be mad with how their offense has been playing.

CJJ
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000434613/article/calvin-johnson-on-possible-decline-im-the-same-guy?campaign=Facebook_atn_hanzus

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

If the Bears sweep, does that make the Lions their bitch?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Filthy Casual posted:

If the Bears sweep, does that make the Lions their bitch?

:frogout:

edit: Can some gif wiz redo :getin: to say Lions Bitch?

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Chilichimp posted:

Wouldn't you rather have a Lion saying it than a Frog?

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Chilichimp posted:

I can do it tonight, it's only right for me to atone for unleashing :hawksin: into the world last year

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

wheez the roux posted:

I can do it tonight, it's only right for me to atone for unleashing :hawksin: into the world last year

You're the man, Wheez, Fenrir has a point though and it being a lion would own.

You could take that literally or figuratively and make it Caldwell with his mouth opening like a South Park Canadian.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
oh trust me I'll play with it

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Speaking of emote type things, does anyone still have that packers version of :patssay: ?

Hell, I'm pretty sure it was made specifically because of my paranoid rear end in 2010, when I felt like every team we were going to play was about to deliver an earth shattering loss.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Nov 26, 2014

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Raiola is gonna be fined 10k for unnecessary roughness, it turns out.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

wheez the roux posted:

Should probably be the logo prior to this one like the Seahawks smilie.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

VJeff posted:

Raiola is gonna be fined 10k for unnecessary roughness, it turns out.

And well deserved. Dom was always a bit of a cheapshot artist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

wheez the roux posted:

Any Lions smiley should be based on :negative:

• Locked thread