Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

goldboilermark posted:

it's purdue/iu day and the guy i hired in july that sits next to me graduated from iu and we will be sitting here together at work watching the game and i'm all like :ohdear:

It should be an interesting matchup. Size vs 3's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
i wish i could find a feed for it, firstrow doesn't seem to be working

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

goldboilermark posted:

i wish i could find a feed for it, firstrow doesn't seem to be working

Crowd is going loving nuts. Its on BTN and Gus Johnson is announcing :shobon:

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
there will probably be a full game posted on youtube in the next few days so i may just get that if purdue wins and if purdue loses, ugh, i won't watch it

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

So, TCU is gonna lose this game but honestly if you're ever scoring less than the frogs you should probably stop playing basketball

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

I don't think this game will live up to expectations. Both teams look rough as hell so far.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Chieves posted:

So, TCU is gonna lose this game but honestly if you're ever scoring less than the frogs you should probably stop playing basketball

Kansas was only a 4.5 point favorite. Not sure why, but seems reasonable so far...

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
i don't care if this is the most boring game in the history of basketball (because i'm not watching it lol) as long as Purdue win

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Considering the amount of poo poo I have to do for tomorrow, I really shouldn't be watching it, but :shrug:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I'm just going to assume that Basil Smotherman is a great defender.

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
not a single post about Duke / ND?

i mean yeah you SHOULD be embarrassed to be a fan of either but it was a game between two top 10 teams.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Ross posted:

No but he used to shoot baskets on the court in my backyard when he was young! Or the court at the house I grew up in, rather (we didn't live there at the time).

I assume when you're trying to pick up the ladies you leave that second part out.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
i am so jittery during this game i can't loving sit still

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
ESPN practically jacking off at the thought of another TCU upset like last year.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

goldboilermark posted:

i am so jittery during this game i can't loving sit still

Relax, you are mauling them inside. IU's only chance is if they go nuts from 3, which admittedly can happen.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
iu can score 15 points in like a minute and a half if they get out and run and i just expect it to happen here at some point

Scrode
Mar 6, 2002

It's about damn time...

goldboilermark posted:

iu can score 15 points in like a minute and a half if they get out and run and i just expect it to happen here at some point

IU is playing like hot garbage. I don't see it turning around any time tonight. I think you're ok.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

goldboilermark posted:

Ray Davis, Bryson Scott & Basil all showed up tonight. Hammons is perfect from the floor and has 6 blocks. It's been fun to watch.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
i actually found a feed with about three minutes left in the first half. it has been a really fun game to watch, i'm starting to feel more relaxed

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
NC State improves vastly in the second half but can't recover from the fat wet poo poo they took on the court in the first. Shy of a miracle against UVA or away to UNC/Louisville, that's a season-wrecking loss.

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost
#ncstateshit is a universal truth.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
That was a needlessly close game. Is there, like, something in the Shadow Charter that says KU has to play down to their weakest opponents?

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Probably Magic posted:

That was a needlessly close game. Is there, like, something in the Shadow Charter that says KU has to play down to their weakest opponents?

I think it's also just become true that TCU has become really clutch at losing by like 5 or less points in conference this year

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I picked the right night to work late.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Crazy how accurate Vegas generally is...

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

OctoberBlues posted:

Crazy how accurate Vegas generally is...

Vegas didn't have Oklahoma by forty-five over Texas Tech tonight.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Thoguh posted:

Vegas didn't have Oklahoma by forty-five over Texas Tech tonight.

You know what I mean, those lines that look really weird, like Kansas -4.5 tonight, almost always end up closer to the line than to the conventional thought.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

OctoberBlues posted:

You know what I mean, those lines that look really weird, like Kansas -4.5 tonight, almost always end up closer to the line than to the conventional thought.

Yeah. I mainly just can't believe Oklahoma won a game against a D1 team 81-36.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
wait, how did Georgia Tech win by 20 at Miami? that's far and away the weirdest result in the ACC this year

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
Miami has been up and down all year. Beat Duke at Duke, lose to Eastern Kentucky at home by 28. Play to the level of their competition.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Michigan State is absolutely demolishing Rutgers right now, 62-36. It's about time we played as well as we are.

E: The current run is 30-2, I think the BTN commentators just said.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
gently caress these refs for taking away that awesome dunk

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

kittenmittons posted:

gently caress these refs for taking away that awesome dunk

Indeed, and Russell is on pace for a triple double :toot:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Assuming the Ohio State score holds, the Buckeyes will be 0-2 against Iowa and 6-1 against the rest of the Big Ten. Kind of funny...

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
Exciting uncontested threes by mizzou

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Lot of fouls away from the ball in UK-Mizzou game

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
I don't think Kentucky actually wants to possess the ball this game. That's pretty great.

edit: I'm liking that Missouri player's receding hairline. I guess that's what I have to look forward to in 5 or so years.

vikingstrike fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jan 30, 2015

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
i could watch big white guys dunk all day

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog
this game blows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency