Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
They changed the weekly reward for reaching rank 1 in pvp. It is now 3 iron keys, 300 souls, 100 glory, and 2000 gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was invaded by someone who is level 422.

Assuming they didn't cheat, how the hell did they have enough time to grind that much XP? :psyduck:

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

They changed several of the big gem makers to not scale with magic anymore. They gave them all something else to scale magic off of though, so it's not a 100% nerf.

code:
Balance Changes

Webspinner
No Longer gains Magic at levels 4 and 9
Base Damage for her spell has been reduced from 2 to 0, so all her damage comes from her Magic.
Gem creation no longer scales off Magic. Now creates 9 Green Gems.
Damage now scales off of magic.
No surprise here – we all knew Webspinner was extremely powerful.
We played LOTS of Webspinner games over the last few days, and had lots of data to look at from the weekend.
We’ve tried dozens of new Webspinner builds today, and this one feels good… she can still loop, though not nearly as easily, 
and she CAN still power herself in combination with the right banner and high masteries. You just need to be a little more 
selective when to user her, but remember, her damage did get a nice buff which scales nicely with all the new bonuses available!

Venoxia
No Longer gains Magic at levels 5, 8, and 13
Now gains magic at level 15
Gem creation no longer scales off Magic. Now creates 10 Green Gems and 10 Blue Gems.
Spell now gives an Attack Buff, which scales off Magic.

Jarl Firemantle
No Longer gains Magic at levels 4 and 7
Gem creation no longer scales off Magic. Now creates 10 Red Gems and 10 Yellow Gems.
Damage now scales off of magic.
Base Spell Damage reduced from 7 to 4

Celestasia
Gem creation no longer scales off Magic. Now creates 11 Gems of chosen Ally’s Mana Color.
Restore Life has been changed to Gain Life and now Scales off Magic.
Base Life Gain restore has been reduced from 10 to 2.
Mana Cost increased from 12 to 14.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

BetterWeirdthanDead posted:

I was invaded by someone who is level 422.

Assuming they didn't cheat, how the hell did they have enough time to grind that much XP? :psyduck:

The max level is 1000. And I think 5 people have reached it.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
People haven't updated their defenders to take advantage of the bonuses it looks like. So get some easy invades in. Lately its taken me until Thursday or Friday to get a decent amount of invades in, but I'm already Rank 6 in about 2 hours of invading.

I've used nothing but G. Rocket/Boar Rider/Goblin/G. Shaman today and lost the Rocket once in about 15 games. Goblin is the only 15, with everyone else at ~7 and no one's health is below 19 or 20. Its absolutely gross. I'm afraid to mess with the order (put Shaman ahead of Boar Rider), but I think it would have better synergy Rocket/Goblin or Shaman/Boar/other of Gobbo or Shaman.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

I can't do invades any more, the kingdom bonuses mean all my opponents have double my stats. I also don't have a full set of bullshit goblins, and my previous team is now pretty worthless because it doesn't the right types. gently caress this patch basically.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Goblins are common, Goblin Shaman is rare. So is Boar Rider. Throw your hero in front. Enjoy.

There are bound to be other good groups. There are, what, a couple dozen mob types at least? Maugrim Woods has some nice troops, and makes a solid team. Any team that has 4 troops that share a color gets a +25 mastery bonus. That's a huge boost. I'm over level 100, and my mastery is in the 17-18 range for all the colors (not counting kingdoms and guild). A lot of us happened to have a goblin group pre-patch. It just got a huge buff. I love it since it brings my lowly goblins up to Legendary levels. I love fighting 4-legendary teams now. I think the bonuses can outclass all-legendary teams now.

The attack bonus comes from the Maurader troop type. The +10 health comes from the kingdom bonus. Has nothing specifically to do with goblins.

I've made a dozen new teams, but need a lot of souls to level them all. Here's a Wildfolk team that I think will work very well:

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Wolfsbane posted:

I can't do invades any more, the kingdom bonuses mean all my opponents have double my stats. I also don't have a full set of bullshit goblins, and my previous team is now pretty worthless because it doesn't the right types. gently caress this patch basically.

If you're playing this on steam and find that you're going to lose, close the program with the Red 'X' and it eats the battle. Granted, you're out the cost of admission to the fight but your streak bonus doesn't go away. And what's really killed is Arena, unless you have a list of what the kingdom symbols are lying around so you can match the choices. And have your kingdoms maxed out.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Has there been any discussion from the developers about how they are going to try and make guild quests enticing again? Now that I need gold to upgrade my kingdoms there's a lot less incentive to contribute to the quests; I've tossed a few thousand gold a few times out of guilt, but nowhere near the rate I used to.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I just donate. Goons before country. :patriot:

Seriously, the gold for kingdom levels is crazy. Make a guild currency if you're going to make a goldsink. This change won't effect high level guilds who already maxed their kingdoms of choice if they were trying to stop high level kingdoms from getting hundreds of keys and gems or whatever.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Coffeehitler posted:

If you're playing this on steam and find that you're going to lose, close the program with the Red 'X' and it eats the battle. Granted, you're out the cost of admission to the fight but your streak bonus doesn't go away. And what's really killed is Arena, unless you have a list of what the kingdom symbols are lying around so you can match the choices. And have your kingdoms maxed out.
Can't you just Retreat without closing the game

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Can't you just Retreat without closing the game

Gives a loss and kills your invasion streak.

One thing they need to do is give more incentive to complete the story quests. As is, you only really get a single troop out of them.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

They really need to just let us donate any kind of currency (gold, souls, glory, gems, MAPS OH GOD MAPS) for a gold equivalent in guild tasks. I've been blowing gems on magic keys for a while now, and my souls are piling up now that there's (currently) no reason to upgrade poo poo troops.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Grundulum posted:

Has there been any discussion from the developers about how they are going to try and make guild quests enticing again? Now that I need gold to upgrade my kingdoms there's a lot less incentive to contribute to the quests; I've tossed a few thousand gold a few times out of guilt, but nowhere near the rate I used to.

This weekend I focused on getting one kingdom to 10, the double gold really helped. Going forward I plan on throwing most of my gold to the guild and settling with just upgrading a single low level kingdom per session.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Bandire posted:

They really need to just let us donate any kind of currency (gold, souls, glory, gems, MAPS OH GOD MAPS) for a gold equivalent in guild tasks. I've been blowing gems on magic keys for a while now, and my souls are piling up now that there's (currently) no reason to upgrade poo poo troops.

While Team Goblin is hilariously broken (L15 Goblin, L7 Rocket/Boar/Shaman has 78 combined Health; its bonkers) there's no doubt other team-ups that will eventually be found to be equally gross. Find one that works and level it up. I think there's actually more incentive to level the commons and rares now that its not all Legendaries all the time.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Coffeehitler posted:

While Team Goblin is hilariously broken (L15 Goblin, L7 Rocket/Boar/Shaman has 78 combined Health; its bonkers) there's no doubt other team-ups that will eventually be found to be equally gross. Find one that works and level it up. I think there's actually more incentive to level the commons and rares now that its not all Legendaries all the time.

This is good advice in general, but I have a lot of level 15 troops already. I'm just struggling to find anything that isn't objectively terrible to upgrade. It's not like there's anything else to do with souls though.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I'm totally new to this game. I just upgraded my initial kingdom, and it said it would give Gem Mastery +1, but there's no change when I check my hero stats. Am I misunderstanding something?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

dantheman650 posted:

I'm totally new to this game. I just upgraded my initial kingdom, and it said it would give Gem Mastery +1, but there's no change when I check my hero stats. Am I misunderstanding something?

Your gem mastery is an aggregate based on your selection each time you level, your kingdoms, and your guild. If you watch the mastery screen it should scroll through each of these.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Just encountered a team consisting of 4 Brian the Luckys. Sounds hilarious... right up until the point where I got my rear end handed to me by a Brian with 43 attack.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Davethulhu posted:

Your gem mastery is an aggregate based on your selection each time you level, your kingdoms, and your guild. If you watch the mastery screen it should scroll through each of these.

Yeah, I watched it go through. Kingdoms still says +0.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

DaveWoo posted:

Just encountered a team consisting of 4 Brian the Luckys. Sounds hilarious... right up until the point where I got my rear end handed to me by a Brian with 43 attack.

lucky shot

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

dantheman650 posted:

Yeah, I watched it go through. Kingdoms still says +0.

Not sure then. Maybe quit and restart? It might not be updating correctly.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
I'm beginning to wonder if they only tested the bonuses for PVP. I'm cleaning up story quests and got an all Whitehelm match in Ghulvania with 2 Paladins and 2 Templars. :suicide:

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

You think they tested any of this poo poo?

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Wolfsbane posted:

You think they tested any of this poo poo?

I want to believe.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I was just doing a revenge against an all legendary team, and it was going pretty well with my all undead team with a 2 ghoulvania and 2 khetar bonus so I had monster stats.Then their Crimson Bat used their skill and my entire except one vampie died. Three of my four dudes were at full health, but according to the stats the Crimson Bat should have only been doing 4 damage. Are boosted stats not always reflected? Cause only my dude in the first position had four or less health.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Could have had inflated Magic stat, and armor does nothing when you get to do a shitload of True Damage.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Dropped by the official forums and found this:

Also, there was a good suggestion there that the 100 souls guild task should probably be avoided, as it's just not worth it, especially now that leveled troops don't affect kingdom level.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
What a useless image. It could at least include troop bonuses.

Protip: you can search by troop type. And it also searches spell text. Searching for "beast" returns beasts and Fenrir, who buffs beasts, and Red Riding Hood who hurts them (Scarlett?)

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

gromdul posted:

What a useless image. It could at least include troop bonuses.

Protip: you can search by troop type. And it also searches spell text. Searching for "beast" returns beasts and Fenrir, who buffs beasts, and Red Riding Hood who hurts them (Scarlett?)

:saddowns:

I didn't know search worked like that, thanks for the tip. Also it looks like they fixed arena. Played a whole round and nobody had crazy stats.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
I still can't figure out how to change my weapons. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious but on the team hero page all the weapons are displayed but the one that is currently active has a locked icon and there is no option to change it when I select the other weapons.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
You have to drag the weapon to the left and place it in one of your team's slots.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Ran into that team of 4 Brian the Luckys again.

They weren't so lucky this time. :smug:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

DaveWoo posted:

Ran into that team of 4 Brian the Luckys again.

They weren't so lucky this time. :smug:

*ahem* Cheers. :cheers:

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Davethulhu posted:

:saddowns:

I didn't know search worked like that, thanks for the tip. Also it looks like they fixed arena. Played a whole round and nobody had crazy stats.

Sorry, didn't mean to poo poo on you. Thanks for sharing.

But I would love a list of kingdom and troop type bonuses.

E: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=543764158

waffles beyond waffles fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Nov 5, 2015

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Forum maintenance :bahgawd:

waffles beyond waffles fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Nov 5, 2015

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Seems pretty balanced. Each kingdom gets a maximum of 10 points of bonuses with 4 troops.

Armor/life costs 1
Attack costs 2
Magic costs 4

And up to 8 points of bonuses from troop type following the same rubric. For a total of 18 bonus points if you run 4 troops of the same type and kingdom. Four Rockworms OP?

Oh in case you're curious about the new burn mechanic, its like poison but burns through armor first (and ticks for more damage). Similar to poison, it won't fade or kill. I like how there is almost no documentation in game about this (maybe a tooltip?)

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Actually, burns do heal. I had a burned Goblin that only took damage for three turns, and I sure didn't cast anything that cleansed my troops.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Davethulhu posted:

Not sure then. Maybe quit and restart? It might not be updating correctly.

Turns out I'm a dummy. I didn't realize I was getting a specific color bonus, I thought it was for all colors. Since the kingdom had a brown gem, I thought it was an I colored gem to represent all gems. Oops.

Another dumb question - I had a Satyr and opened another one with the iron key but it still says 1x underneath the card in my troops list. Is this another case of me missing something obvious?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

dantheman650 posted:

Turns out I'm a dummy. I didn't realize I was getting a specific color bonus, I thought it was for all colors. Since the kingdom had a brown gem, I thought it was an I colored gem to represent all gems. Oops.

Another dumb question - I had a Satyr and opened another one with the iron key but it still says 1x underneath the card in my troops list. Is this another case of me missing something obvious?

You probably have a Satyr on some team. Looking through my banners, there's a bunch of one or two troop teams.