Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Sounds like someone didn't do the first step of modding Fallout 4: Archive Invalidation!

Add the following lines to your "Fallout4Custom.ini" file located in "Documents\My Games\Fallout4":

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
gently caress! I forgot entirely about doing that.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Cirosan posted:

Traits and More Perks has been updated to Beta4. Could it also be added to the list in the OP, please?

Downloading now. This sounds cool.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

jadebullet posted:

gently caress! I forgot entirely about doing that.

Yeah, join the club. I thought this game was like Skyrim in that it was just MO and go. Instead, there's that weird invalidation poo poo you gotta go through manually. Oh well! Only gotta do it once.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Seeing how many times I modded New Vegas, you think I would have remembered...

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Fallout Mod Manager does archive invalidation automatically, though, and most people use FOMM for FO3/NV.

HnK416
Apr 26, 2008

Hot diggity damn!

The Iron Rose posted:

Delete plugins.txt and dlclist.txt in local appdata

Tried that, didn't fix the issue. LOOT said that one of my mods was not only out of date but obsolete, so going to try fixing that to see if anything changes.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

FlyinPingu posted:

what'd I tell ya guys, you'll only have to wait a few days if a nexus modder takes something down in protest.

Yeah but how long until they start putting in half-assed copy protection to keep their precious mods pure , that little tantrum has convinced me not to bother with them.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
That half-assed copy protection is called F4SE. Since NOTHING requires F4SE yet, somehow making it mandatory for your mod makes it so that dirty console filth can't get at your mod.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SirDan3k posted:

Yeah but how long until they start putting in half-assed copy protection to keep their precious mods pure , that little tantrum has convinced me not to bother with them.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15538/

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

:allears:

and by that I mean gently caress yooooooooooou (to the nexus guys not anyone in this thread)

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
In less annoying news, a modular Sanctuary-style build set!

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15773/

Looks like you can rebuild Sanctuary without the workarounds from other mods, like the one that just "Repairs" the walls.

Reb
Sep 13, 2002

"...But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams."
"Aquire this weapon by spawning it via console command!!!" Jesus Christ, I hate mods like that.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
So I know there is a mod to make the Macguffin baby into a melee weapon, but has anyone made a mod that turns the baby into a junk item that can be loaded into the Junk Jet?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Honestly I wouldn't be terribly opposed to this solution if it was actually implemented in the spirit of fairness and genuine concern over protecting the work of mod authors, but I think we can safely conclude that about 90% of this controversy stems from simple spite towards "console plebs".

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Midnight Voyager posted:

In less annoying news, a modular Sanctuary-style build set!

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15773/

Looks like you can rebuild Sanctuary without the workarounds from other mods, like the one that just "Repairs" the walls.

Neat.

Though that page is wrong - there's at least one other prefab development like Sanctuary in the Commonwealth.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

jadebullet posted:

So I know there is a mod to make the Macguffin baby into a melee weapon, but has anyone made a mod that turns the baby into a junk item that can be loaded into the Junk Jet?

Someone modded the Fatman to shoot baby shauns , I think trainwiz.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Deified Data posted:

Honestly I wouldn't be terribly opposed to this solution if it was actually implemented in the spirit of fairness and genuine concern over protecting the work of mod authors, but I think we can safely conclude that about 90% of this controversy stems from simple spite towards "console plebs".

Considering this madness came from a terrible sub reddit named after a really bad escapist nazi propaganda joke, I'd totally agree with this theory now.

Anyway, lets talk about mods because Nexus creepiness/drama is really loving boring to talk about constantly!

Ever wanted a way to recharge and recycle Fusion Cores? now you can with this station looking thingy!

This one is interesting, a companion that learns, adapts and takes care of itself! and not only does he have voice acting, he's not a real doll or obnoxious YouTube tribute character! BONUS!

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf

SeanBeansShako posted:

Considering this madness came from a terrible sub reddit named after a really bad escapist nazi propaganda joke, I'd totally agree with this theory now.

Anyway, lets talk about mods because Nexus creepiness/drama is really loving boring to talk about constantly!

Ever wanted a way to recharge and recycle Fusion Cores? now you can with this station looking thingy!

This one is interesting, a companion that learns, adapts and takes care of itself! and not only does he have voice acting, he's not a real doll or obnoxious YouTube tribute character! BONUS!

Holy poo poo, that Companion/scavver mod sounds amazing! I wonder if it could be extended/applied to settlers too?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Kurr de la Cruz posted:

Holy poo poo, that Companion/scavver mod sounds amazing! I wonder if it could be extended/applied to settlers too?

Combine it with Automatron and we can make Fister Roboto. The best part? IS THAT HE'S LEARNING!

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

Atom Bomb Baby by trainwiz
Atom Bomb Baby (Proper) by digitalutopia1

As far as I can tell, digitalutopia1's is different in that it's not just a mesh swap, it's an edit to the mini nuke launcher to have Shaun show up in there, plus it alters the nuke itself so Shaun has proper, uh... flight dynamics?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Rasmussen posted:

Someone modded the Fatman to shoot baby shauns , I think trainwiz.

ALL I can think of when you mention this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t0uCWjQ6Og

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

'Cause I live and breathe this Fillydelphia freedom
Which one is better True Storms http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4472/ or Vivid Weathers http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15466/

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Apoplexy posted:

That half-assed copy protection is called F4SE. Since NOTHING requires F4SE yet, somehow making it mandatory for your mod makes it so that dirty console filth can't get at your mod.

There's a perk points per level mod and one for a hotkey for bare hands, but yeah not much yet.

Also, did Bethesda throw out a patch that fucks up settlement radio beacons? I scrapped one the other day and the signal never went away. Then I started messing with them and realized there was definitely a problem. New settlements weren't getting any settlers at all..Turning them on and off wasn't functioning as expected, etc... So I messed around with my mods and never was able to get it fixed. Then I deleted everything... The whole fallout folder, MO2, all inis, everything in appdata, documents, everything. Installed the game fresh. Started a vanilla new game just to check and it's still hosed up. Sometimes it seems to work properly, but eventually it breaks. Last night I got Sanctuary setup normally and settlers(2) arrived as usual. I did the out of time quest and then the first step. Setup a beacon at tenpines, but by the time I finished setting up food and housing etc no settlers arrived. So I keep playing... nothing at sunshine coop, nothing at greygarden.
Are they working properly for everyone else? Google's not turning up much for me.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Mr.Grit posted:

There's a perk points per level mod and one for a hotkey for bare hands, but yeah not much yet.

Also, that slo-mo-instead-of-VATS mod uses F4SE to override the normal hotkeys.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Both do almost exactly the same things. Do you use an ENB? I think Vivid Weathers has been less compatible with an ENB, for me anyhow. True Storms is more 'weathers' while Vivid Weathers is more 'a complete overhaul of visuals in the game, weathers especially'

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

I disabled TrueStorms since there was inevitably going to be a huge giant fuckoff sandstorm or thick fuckoff fog anytime I wanted to build a settlement.

Also, Mr.Grit - I too have noticed some funkiness going on with my beacons. Never went through the trouble of doing any troubleshooting though.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
True Storms was just updated and has some new features to it, including a weather-changing doodad you can use if you really want to rid yourself of fog R-F-N.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Vivid Weathers is a visual and weather overhaul with a lot of new weather types, while True Storms just sticks to the vanilla aesthetic and only really changes storms. There's a lot of overlap, and where their is overlap I'd say that True Storms is better. True Storms also comes with some additional features, like rain sound effects while indoors. Ultimately it comes down to whether you like the visuals and variety provided by Vivid Weathers more than the higher quality and features of True Storms. The True Storms author is making a compatibility patch, though, so before too long you won't have to choose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMTC7ET49w0

Starting at around 2:00 is a pretty good comparison of the difference between Vivid Weathers and Vanilla.

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

Yes im using a ENB along with the Ressurection mod. Vivis weathers will over write both of them?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

mpyro posted:

Yes im using a ENB along with the Ressurection mod. Vivis weathers will over write both of them?

No, all three mods do separate things.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Resurrection is how it's spelled, by the way. Resurrection is, I THINK, just a bunch of flora/grass and texture mods, innit? Should play well with everything else. Vivid Weathers changes imagespace settings and can easily be compounded by an ENB's color-changing/imagespace/LUT poo poo into making your game too dark or whatever. True Storms has done the same in the 1.4 version of that to my game with OLYMPUS ENB with LUT disabled, though, so your mileage may vary depending on the specific ENB and settings.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Hey, knowledgeable folk: Is an ammo-crafting mod required anymore, or is that part of the game if you have all the DLCs?

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now

Apoplexy posted:

Hey, knowledgeable folk: Is an ammo-crafting mod required anymore, or is that part of the game if you have all the DLCs?

The Contraptions DLC adds ammo production, but it's a major pain the rear end to use, and doesn't even have energy weapon ammo.
So I'd say keep the crafting mod.

gasman fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jul 2, 2016

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I installed the latest true storms and decided to change the weather to rain and the sky box was totally messed up. Which makes me think it's an issue with loading resources but I have the archive invalidation setup in fallout4custom.ini.

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

That should be all I need to get it to load the BA2 files right?

I've been using texture mods and they load fine so I'm not sure whats up.

Edit: Seem to have fixed it but I'm not sure what fixed it. Might have been Fr4nsson's light tweaks but it might have just been restarting the game as well.

cheesetriangles fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jul 2, 2016

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

These 4 mods make the game really lively http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12395/ http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9845/ http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5548/ http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8384/ or if you want to play it as a zombie shooter.

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

Double post

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

New weapon pack out, some of the pistols going for that sort of retro european futurist SIG SAUER look.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Sorry about my lack of knowledge on what the hell I am doing, but I am trying to follow the advice of the OP and merge my weapon mods leveled lists.

I downloaded FO4Edit, but I have no idea how to install it seeing as there is no documentation at all about the install process. (Other than changing the .exe name to FO4edit.exe)

Right now it is on my desktop in its self contained folder, but if I run the .exe, it says "no .ini" Am I supposed to have it in the main Fallout 4 folder? If not, how do I throw my weapon mods into it in order to get their lists correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

I really wish that mods like this would put their weapons on level lists or at least give them to new minibosses or something, so it's more engaging than 'scavenger hunt time'.