Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Paula Deen?
Paula Deen
Paula Deen
View Results

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

The second there was a Back To Back Chef with Miz Cracker, all I wanted was to see Trixie or Bob get on and do that but good. I'm watching that as soon as I'm done with work today.

Also I wanna see more wrestlers, because I don't know poo poo about wrestleboys but Braun Strowman charmed the gently caress outta me in his video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Bobby Flay's macaroni carbonara looks disgusting and I'm not surprised Chris made a better version. Guy Fieri's garbage can nachos look more appealing honestly.

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth

Mu Zeta posted:

Bobby Flay's macaroni carbonara looks disgusting and I'm not surprised Chris made a better version. Guy Fieri's garbage can nachos look more appealing honestly.

5 kinds of cheese, no browning, just goopy mess. Bobby flay's recipe was hack poo poo.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Mu Zeta posted:

:hai:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

toplitzin posted:

Why am I not surprised Molly's drink is the piña colada.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWPswqRwc

the most chef-rear end thing that they have all the fancy amari and aperitifs but when it comes to the rum it's just like "eh gently caress it bacardi"

like in the colada it's fine but come on get a little fancy for the daiquiri.

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

DC Murderverse posted:

the most chef-rear end thing that they have all the fancy amari and aperitifs but when it comes to the rum it's just like "eh gently caress it bacardi"

I believe you are looking for
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY5uZh3176M

charliebravo77 fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Mar 20, 2020

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

DC Murderverse posted:

It's not their fault, there just hasn't been a Cool Rum Movement yet to hit food blogs.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
How much is Claire going to regret that Cadbury Egg suggestion she made in the latest episode?

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

fknlo posted:

How much is Claire going to regret that Cadbury Egg suggestion she made in the latest episode?

Honestly? Very little. The hardest thing she’d have to do is tempering the chocolate.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

A nice article/interview with the Test Kitchen crew since they weren't able to do their panel at SXSW.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I’m sure there was editing/washing involved but the latest BA video reads like “Molly cross-contaminates the kitchen”

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's weird to me that Korean food is like mainstream now and Molly slathers the chicken with gochujang. White kids used to make fun of my lunches when I was a kid. Now we sell you grossly overpriced kimchi and gochukaru in tiny containers at whole foods. Bitches.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
its like Japanese food in the 90s

Also, Babish has coronavirus

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The Glumslinger posted:

its like Japanese food in the 90s

Also, Babish has coronavirus

If that doesn't kill him the thing he made on the video sure will!

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
Korean BBQ with real charcoal is legit. For DIY cooking in a restaurant, hot pot is level 1 DIY, Vietnamese rice paper rolls is level 2, and Korean BBQ is level 3. BA or Munchies should do a series for newbies who might be afraid or never heard of this stuff.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

droll posted:

Korean BBQ with real charcoal is legit. For DIY cooking in a restaurant, hot pot is level 1 DIY, Vietnamese rice paper rolls is level 2, and Korean BBQ is level 3. BA or Munchies should do a series for newbies who might be afraid or never heard of this stuff.

pretty sure eater and munchies already have kbbq stuff

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Alton Brown and his wife in quarantine are hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWJkIxnaUkg

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Alton exploding that bottle of sparkling wine was pretty drat funny.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Can’t link/embed it because lazy/on phone, but why is Adam in this latest BA video? He’s just asking stupid questions the whole time.

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
What do y'all reckon about Kenji doing gopro videos? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wwgn5k_TzKM

edit: Oh gently caress apparently he's been doing this a while https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5TF6YjEZT8 and I need to up my kitchen drawer / label game.

droll fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Mar 27, 2020

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Fartington Butts posted:

Can’t link/embed it because lazy/on phone, but why is Adam in this latest BA video? He’s just asking stupid questions the whole time.

I have no idea why he's on there but he is. He adds literally nothing to the video.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!
He shows up in Molly's episodes an awfully lot and I think she likes being sassy to the boss.

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
They're both terrible.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

droll posted:

edit: Oh gently caress apparently he's been doing this a while https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5TF6YjEZT8 and I need to up my kitchen drawer / label game.

Man all I can think about when I see his late night videos is: that is a lot of work and clean up for a "snack".

Also I wonder how he doesn't wake up everyone in the house between the smells of cooking and the hood vent being on.

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

.Z. posted:

that is a lot of work and clean up

This is 100% of the reasons why I'm not a big Kenji fan. A lot of the recipes I've tried have been extremely fussy, expensive and time consuming. Then when the final product is "just okay" it feels like a huge letdown.

I just find a lot of cooking shows / content to gloss over some of that poo poo. It feels like a lot of times showmanship and wow-factor are emphasized at the cost of practicality.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I definitely think there's a balance. I appreciate that Kenji or ATK show you how to do it the 100% way. I usually do it that way once, then figure out how much effort I can cut while keeping it at like 90%-95%.

You can also make your own calculations about what's worth doing in the first place. Like I'm not really into Stella Parks because even though I bake, I will absolutely never make homemade Oreos or pop-tarts or anything in that genre. I'll buy a drat Oreo. I'm good, thanks.

Anne Whateley fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Mar 27, 2020

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

droll posted:

They're both terrible.

Molly is by far my least favorite BA Test Kitchener.

Tres Burritos posted:

This is 100% of the reasons why I'm not a big Kenji fan. A lot of the recipes I've tried have been extremely fussy, expensive and time consuming. Then when the final product is "just okay" it feels like a huge letdown.

I just find a lot of cooking shows / content to gloss over some of that poo poo. It feels like a lot of times showmanship and wow-factor are emphasized at the cost of practicality.

BA just put out their quarantine/working from home video and every single one of them complains about having to do dishes.

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
And they probably have dishwashing machines, too. Spoiled brats.

edit: ok theyre not that spoiled and its good that they acknowledge that recipe development and using a bazillion pieces of equipment is annoying for home cooks.

droll fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Mar 27, 2020

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Having just made Kenji's Cuban roast pork yesterday, I'm willing to fight all of you to defend his honor. That might have been the best thing I've cooked in my life

Though I did have to do a stupid amount of dishes afterwards

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

droll posted:

And they probably have dishwashing machines, too. Spoiled brats.
They live in NYC and make under $100k, they don't have dishwashers.

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth

Anne Whateley posted:

They live in NYC and make under $100k, they don't have dishwashers.

Someone didn't watch the video.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
My favourite part of the video was Brad deciding to name the camera so he felt comfortable talking to it without Hunzi/Vinny behind it :3:

Edit: and also Tuna

Budgie fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Mar 28, 2020

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

what is going on with the clock on Chris’ appliances.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

.Z. posted:

Man all I can think about when I see his late night videos is: that is a lot of work and clean up for a "snack".

Also I wonder how he doesn't wake up everyone in the house between the smells of cooking and the hood vent being on.

"I re-made this sober" in the description looks likely to answer a lot of questions.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

droll posted:

What do y'all reckon about Kenji doing gopro videos? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wwgn5k_TzKM

I wanna buy him a tripod. I get a little motion sick watching these.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

GigaPeon posted:

I wanna buy him a tripod. I get a little motion sick watching these.

Ok it's not just me. I watched his late night Dan Dan Noodle video and it was terrible.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Brad Leone is a treasure.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Resting Lich Face posted:

Brad Leone is a treasure.

If you're talking about the most recent coffee video, Sohla is, once again, the best thing about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yssNu8Eynb8

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

If you're talking about the most recent coffee video, Sohla is, once again, the best thing about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yssNu8Eynb8

Christina says she has Morocco’s old hario skerton to hand grind her beans, but then is shown adding the grinds to her pour over from the plastic container of an electric grinder. :tinfoil: What else are they lying to us about? :tinfoil:

Brad complimenting his vertical camera shot while the director yells “LANDSCAPE!” over zoom was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Democratic Pirate posted:

Christina says she has Morocco’s old hario skerton to hand grind her beans, but then is shown adding the grinds to her pour over from the plastic container of an electric grinder. :tinfoil: What else are they lying to us about? :tinfoil:

Delaney's "this grinder can be used to grind...Other things but has only been used for coffee" sounds like a drat lie to me!