Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I had the opposite experience with a pug the other day. They were all super cool and everyone was really good. Evidently, individually, they'd all had days of lovely groups, and, for one WGT, everything was gravy. So we bonded over stories of lovely players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Most of my groups are chill and somewhat competent, which is a nice change from most MMOs.

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads
Stop hogging all the good pugs Ara

I had a tank in Blessed Crucible yesterday tell me he didn't need to use food because he was a werewolf, I dont even know why he thought the two things were mutually exclusive, but he sucked fat ones.

He had the opportunity to suck less fat ones but he kept declining my trades to give him food.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

That's way more funny if you imagine his voice in an exaggerated Scooby Doo voice. Because dumb werewolf.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
the only group thing i did was this giant minotaur dude with berke, and he wiped us like three times before we were able to get enough people in to kill him

im new and have no idea how the game works but he would look at me funny and i'd collapse, repeatedly

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

boy are my arms tired posted:

the only group thing i did was this giant minotaur dude with berke, and he wiped us like three times before we were able to get enough people in to kill him

im new and have no idea how the game works but he would look at me funny and i'd collapse, repeatedly

probably a world boss? Those can hit pretty hard, especially if you're just starting. With less than 18kish XP a lot of bosses can straight up one-shot you (in dungeons or world bosses) and hell, they still can with 20khp if you don't dodge their bullshit.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
The only time I have ever completed a dungeon is when I run with goons. Pubs always always end horribly.

Maybe the One Tamriel thing doesn't work well with dungeons, but they seem really broken as a non-level-cap player. I just queued for a normal dungeon and got in a group of levels 11-15, and a maxed out guy. We did fine until we to a particular boss and we wiped so the level capped dude yells at us for being in that dungeon at such low levels - we loving queued for it!

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

That specific boss isn't just a world boss, he's a daily quest world boss, so, yeah, you almost have to zerg him down. All the Skull Icon on the map bosses don't fool around, though many builds can indeed solo almost all of them. Depends on your regain, and sustain.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

MF_James posted:

probably a world boss? Those can hit pretty hard, especially if you're just starting. With less than 18kish XP a lot of bosses can straight up one-shot you (in dungeons or world bosses) and hell, they still can with 20khp if you don't dodge their bullshit.

Aramek posted:

That specific boss isn't just a world boss, he's a daily quest world boss, so, yeah, you almost have to zerg him down. All the Skull Icon on the map bosses don't fool around, though many builds can indeed solo almost all of them. Depends on your regain, and sustain.

yah idk i started dark souls rolling around and would still get clipped and die

it was fun though

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Dinurth posted:

The only time I have ever completed a dungeon is when I run with goons. Pubs always always end horribly.

Maybe the One Tamriel thing doesn't work well with dungeons, but they seem really broken as a non-level-cap player. I just queued for a normal dungeon and got in a group of levels 11-15, and a maxed out guy. We did fine until we to a particular boss and we wiped so the level capped dude yells at us for being in that dungeon at such low levels - we loving queued for it!

Depends on the dungeon, the DLC dungeons and the 2s (2s used to be the vet dungeons) are tough with lower level people because mobs have higher HP, packs of mobs are typically larger, and there's more damage being dealt.

1s are a breeze and there was something seriously wrong with the setup and skill level of people (like someone running bow/dw but queuing healer and poo poo like that) if you had trouble. Hell, a decent tank wouldn't even NEED a healer in a 1, as evidenced by 4dps runs and poo poo.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dinurth posted:

Being a magplar healer helps, I guess. If I babysit everyone it makes a lot of difference in bad groups.

And then sometimes I get one where someone insists I'm not using mana, somehow, and am at full mana and able to keep him alive through standing in everything.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
As a new player and dps I find most people are just clueless about dungeon mechanics and expect to just tank&spank their way through everything. Almost invariably I find myself having to tell people to drop the acid debuff in the pool or bash the adds or whatever. Even starting dungeons at level 10 I never figured it was my stats that were the problem, just dumb group members missing a party wipe mechanic.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

In all the 1s I can stand in whatever dumb poo poo the boss is doing and heal myself, 2s/DLCs can be a little dicey doing that.. just depends which one, but I'm a stamsorc so I probably have it easier than other classes I think.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Lmao the forums are full of anti-Crown Crate threads.

Someone make an addon that blocks the forced ads from zenimax on login please so I don't have to look at the Crate garbage anytime I log in.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/306241/gambling-addiction-i-lost-a-playmate-today

Elder Scrolls Online: We destroy lives.

(Don't buy crown crates, kids)

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

F2P crates are set up like slot machines, so it's not that crazy that addictions carry over. They have the same payout ratios and reward design as that stuff, hitting the same weak-spot in our brain meat.

those wizard hats are dope though

Grondoth fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Dec 1, 2016

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Seriously, if whales are a thing that exist, and they do, a company has a duty to exploit them. Especially because this poo poo is just cosmetic, and you trick the whales into spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars hoping to get a cool CS:GO skin.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Aramek posted:

Seriously, if whales are a thing that exist, and they do, a company has a duty to exploit them. Especially because this poo poo is just cosmetic, and you trick the whales into spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars hoping to get a cool CS:GO skin.

No, gently caress that. That's the mentality that's dumbing every loving game down since the PS3/XB360 era. "Don't have the skill/patience to get the rewards with effort? Here throw money at us!" is the stupidest loving idea to come out of any goddamn studio. Whales need to go the gently caress away.

inb4 one of you throws your life savings at zenimax for a cool storm guar

Also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnnR0s6eCPk

Yep, this poo poo is already wearing out its welcome. Good job Firor and Lambert.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

But it's just cosmetic. Like, unless they go full on play to win like Neverwinter did, who cares if they take advantage of the whales? I want them gone too, but that ain't happening, so the next best thing is to fleece them.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Isn't CS:GO a money laundering scheme anyways?

Could I get an invite to the Goon Guild? My ID is @FunkMonkeyCrew

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Aramek posted:

But it's just cosmetic. Like, unless they go full on play to win like Neverwinter did, who cares if they take advantage of the whales? I want them gone too, but that ain't happening, so the next best thing is to fleece them.

let's say I'm a big dumb whale, how about they just let me pay 10 pounds for a goddamn guar-tronach instead of stick it at the bottom of a slot machine that exists in a legal gray area?

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Autism Sneaks posted:

let's say I'm a big dumb whale, how about they just let me pay 10 pounds for a goddamn guar-tronach instead of stick it at the bottom of a slot machine that exists in a legal gray area?

Uhhh you can totally buy the mounts with gems though

:10bux: :10bux: :10bux:

I wasn't joking when I said don't buy crown crates. They're mostly consumables.

(the answer is that if you'd rather buy the mount outright than pull from a gachapon, you're not a real whale)

Tupper
Sep 1, 2007

Fun will now commence.
I'd like an invite for fun and profit. @imizael1

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Smart Loot at its finest :downs:

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

Autism Sneaks posted:

Why only get 15 bux for a new mount when some whale will gamble away 5 times that trying to get the mount?

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

sluggo is mad posted:

Why only get 15 bux for a new mount when some whale will gamble away 5 times that trying to get the mount?
I see this all the time in Marvel Heroes. There are costumes that you can only get from paid cards, which are very similar to crown crates. People will buy $100 worth of cards just to guarantee that if all else fails they have enough of the consolation prize currency to buy the costume they want.

Neato
Mar 2, 2016

I usually come from the "It's just cosmetic who gives a gently caress" perspective, but that's in games where cosmetics dont actually impact the gameplay. I don't think anyone can argue that cosmetics are not a big part of the mmo reward loop. The loot crate approach is especially predatory.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Whats the best race for a pvp magika templar? Elf? Breton? Argonian?

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

I could use a guild invite @HyC

Dekatris
Jan 12, 2014
Invite please: @dekatris

<3

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads

Scyantific posted:

Lmao the forums are full of anti-Crown Crate threads.

Someone make an addon that blocks the forced ads from zenimax on login please so I don't have to look at the Crate garbage anytime I log in.

I think No Thank You does this?

I've never seen any of the pop-ups people on the forums are complaining about.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
I mainly play for the exploration of the huge worldmap but I'd like access to the goonguild so I can buy and sell treasure, but this game has so many different levels of logins that I'm not clear on which one is my @username

e: I made an orc twohander sorcerer class so I'm having a lot of fun bashing things with a big sword then hitting them with lightning bolts :v:

Saint Sputnik fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Dec 3, 2016

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

How bad will it be if I try to play a stam sorc as a Breton as apprised to a red guard or other stam race? Is it a big difference?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Like, the difference between best race and worst race for a chosen class is, at most 10% at max level. Which, honestly, isn't much for regular play, but you'll really notice it at max level. All the Breton racials are suited for +mag stuff. It's not a deal breaker, but, the main question is why would you pick Breton when you have other choices?

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Because I was playing one earlier as mag sorc.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Aramek posted:

Like, the difference between best race and worst race for a chosen class is, at most 10% at max level. Which, honestly, isn't much for regular play, but you'll really notice it at max level. All the Breton racials are suited for +mag stuff. It's not a deal breaker, but, the main question is why would you pick Breton when you have other choices you could be Argonian?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I hate admitting my Argonian bias, because they're technically better for a mag class (albeit 3% is bupkis) but they get +HP and +healing done and received. And that makes them great at everything because they're good at not dying. And dead dps do 0 dps. They're not the best in any role, but they're great in every role, and they're the only race that's good to do anything.

Aramek fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Dec 3, 2016

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Bretons are the bestons. Unless you're playing AD, then Altmer or go homer.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Dunmer are the best Mer, Three out of Seventeen Daedric princes agree.

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Dec 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Berke Negri posted:

Dunmer are the best Mer, Three out of Seventeen Daedric princes agree.