Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
So why were the 49ers not flagged for a palpably unfair act when Chip Kelly ordered his DBs to wrestle the Saints WRs to the ground?

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/11/6/13544872/chip-kelly-had-the-49ers-hold-on-purpose-to-prevent-the-saints-trying-for-a-td

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

davecrazy posted:

So why were the 49ers not flagged for a palpably unfair act when Chip Kelly ordered his DBs to wrestle the Saints WRs to the ground?

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/11/6/13544872/chip-kelly-had-the-49ers-hold-on-purpose-to-prevent-the-saints-trying-for-a-td

http://smartfootball.com/defense/buddy-ryans-polish-goalline-tactic#sthash.LGRE1w9a.dpbs

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

davecrazy posted:

They were flagged three times

Good play imo

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Blitz7x posted:

Good play imo

Should have been flagged four too.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Panthers opening at -3 against the chiefs which is the definition of a sucker bet

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Baseball calls the "palpably unfair act" "making a travesty of the game," which I think is a better name.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

Panthers opening at -3 against the chiefs which is the definition of a sucker bet

Because you think they'll win by way more than 3?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

Because you think they'll win by way more than 3?

absolutely not.

chiefs are going to work carolina.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

absolutely not.

I hope so, but we're gonna need our entire offense to come off the injury report.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

FizFashizzle posted:

absolutely not.

yeah after watching the panthers squeak out a tiny win over the Rams of all teams... same

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Shangri-Law School posted:

Baseball calls the "palpably unfair act" "making a travesty of the game," which I think is a better name.

This also applies to the 49ers

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

a patagonian cavy posted:

yeah after watching the panthers squeak out a tiny win over the Rams of all teams... same

the biggest problem is right now the Panthers tackle position is so loving dire, they're going to be in trouble against any defense that can apply pressure with defensive ends.

it doesn't matter how much of a poo poo party the rest of the team is, if they have two dudes that can beat replacement level tackles, they'll cause fits.

chiefs - panthers might be ugly as hell, but the Panthers simply can't function on offense right now.

now, maybe oher recovers from his concussion and they kick remmers back over to the right and kalil comes back, but I'm even less confident about them immediately gelling into a competent unit.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Justin Houston comes back for the Panthers game

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi1ISQAlTqU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Is that a SNL skit or? I legit can't tell if that's a joke or not.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Gynecolojustice posted:

Justin Houston comes back for the Panthers game

He's gonna be activated to the roster, I'm not 100% sure he'll play. And if he does it might be just a few snaps.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/795656500744228864

I can't freaking wait to see Bryce Petty still not start

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
WE WANT HACK

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Did Jared Goff give Jeff Fisher's daughter AIDS or something?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Blitz7x posted:

Good play imo

It's bush league bullshit that should be stomped out. Purposely putting too many defenders on the field should count too.

Once the offense gets an automatic touchdown awarded for those types of dumb shenanigans that run counter to the spirt of fair play these dumb tactics will end.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Did Jared Goff give Jeff Fisher's daughter AIDS or something?

Does the sun rise in the west?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

davecrazy posted:

It's bush league bullshit that should be stomped out. Purposely putting too many defenders on the field should count too.

Once the offense gets an automatic touchdown awarded for those types of dumb shenanigans that run counter to the spirt of fair play these dumb tactics will end.

No, this is a bad opinion.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Kalli posted:

Is that a SNL skit or? I legit can't tell if that's a joke or not.

It's real.

http://deadspin.com/anti-hillary-ad-targets-washington-fans-who-just-wanna-1788653269
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-redskins-name/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebuilding_America_Now

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

fsif posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/795656500744228864

I can't freaking wait to see Bryce Petty still not start

we keep hurting qbs

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Noted cop killer, Josh Huff is signing with the Bucs practice squad.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

davecrazy posted:

Lmao I don't think you get how penalties common to the game work, grandpa

Oberst
May 24, 2010

YOU COMMITTED DPI TO PREVENT A TD??? PALPABLY UNFAIR ACT

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Oberst posted:

YOU COMMITTED DPI TO PREVENT A TD??? PALPABLY UNFAIR ACT

In late-game situations like that, the refs should punish extremely flagrant fouls by the defense (such as everyone holding or 14 men on the field) by just putting time back on the clock. No automatic scores or first downs, just dis-incentivize the behavior designed to run out the clock by disregarding the rules. It's easy to standardize too--you give the refs the discretion to do so if the defense has too many men on the field, or if they accrue 2+ defensive penalties on the same play..

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Giving the refs more discretion...oh boy...

Oberst fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Nov 7, 2016

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Play Geno Smith I heard he's really good

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Any foul committed in the last minute of a basketball game is an automatic ejection there I fixed basketball

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/795673145252384768

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Blitz7x posted:

Any foul committed in the last minute of a basketball game is an automatic ejection there I fixed basketball

That would have robbed us of Tracy McGrady beating the Spurs by scoring 13 points in 33 seconds so nah

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

ARE YOU loving KIDDING ME?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

It was a clever ploy from old Chip, but of loving course it violates the spirit of fair competition. I would assume the solution just involves putting time back on the clock under two minutes or some such.

But it is really funny to watch, heh.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

How good is Julio Jones?

Answer:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It was a smart way to use the rules to your advantage just like Belichick and his eligible receiver trickery and only punk rear end bitches are mad about it IMO

Bitches such as John Harbaugh

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Intruder posted:

It was a smart way to use the rules to your advantage just like Belichick and his eligible receiver trickery and only punk rear end bitches are mad about it IMO

Bitches such as John Harbaugh

That's why John Harbaugh is a garbage coach. He gets outcoached like that and whines and moans about it. He's just not any good as a coach and useless.

Look at Jim Caldwell's team(only ok coach at best) at the end of regulation in that game yesterday. They made a play got right up to the line and knew exactly what to do. The Ravens don't do stuff like that. My team plods around like nothing. And our offensive line plays like trash because of another Harbaugh lackey Juan Castillo.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

My favorite thing was Harbaugh being a crybaby about the eligible receiver thing and then trying and failing to pull it off himself the next season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Intruder posted:

My favorite thing was Harbaugh being a crybaby about the eligible receiver thing and then trying and failing to pull it off himself the next season

That's what I mean. He's a useless coach with no offensive or defensive background. He's a glorified cheerleader at the head coaching position. That's why I want him gone.

• Locked thread