Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Joose Caboose posted:

Oh gently caress no to that preview someone coming back bullshit?

Maybe they were at Exile Island since the beginning since that is apparently gonna be a thing again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

blue squares posted:

He's gonna be voted out with his idol in his pocket

Fast Luck posted:

Man I really want JT to go out with an idol in his pocket

Ask and ye shall receive.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

God drat, Debra's crazy.

I mean, there's "freak out over a teaspoon of sugar while food deprived, start all kinds of poo poo over it, and basically get myself voted out* over it" Survivor crazy. Or "I'm swallowing my anger or opinion so I'm maybe getting a little stir crazy and spiking stuff" Survivor crazy. And then there's Debra.

Even if it was partially put on, that's crazy in and of itself. She obviously didn't win any friends or better her tribe position with it. It seems more likely that she's legit Trump crazy. I look forward to her exit interview.

Glad JT went home. He played like poo poo and bizarrely got cocky a day after he hosed up and got his ally voted out and betrayed his tribe. At least he seemed to know it. Plus Michaela's awesome even if still seems like a miracle for her to survive this game. But I'm rooting for her.

Sandra/Michaela 2017!

Aubrey's position seems a little tenuous. Based on that extra scene that was posted a week or so it seems like she was trying to overthrow Sandra. Sandra and Michaela could see her as an enemy now. It might be close enough to the merge not to matter but it could be a thing.

Varner's really just a Kass-lite chaos player, isn't he? He doesn't seem to have a lot of strategy except to shake poo poo up.

After four seasons I still expect to one day find out Ozzy's birth name was Mowgli.

Hali seems to be ingratiating herself into her tribe and not suffering from that crazy tribal. That makes me happy. She's scrappy.

Those preview spoilers aren't something I love but I'm not going to spend a week worrying about it. This season's been great so far.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Ask and ye shall receive.

Not even, he left it back at camp.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
Debbie's meltdown quickly crossed the line from "funny Rodney temper tantrum over doing dishes" to "scary Brandon Hantz explosion where someone could get hurt." It was uncomfortable to watch, and I feel bad for Debbie, Tai, and everyone else on that tribe. :( I hope the (preview spoiler) tribe swap helps her mentally reset and move on from this.

ETA: But, on a brighter note, the JT boot was fantastic. Rooting for Varner, Sandra, and Michaela to run the tables to the Final 3.

I also have to give props to Malcolm. In all of his exit interviews, he made it seems like he never got to talk to JT post-game about last week's Tribal, which made me certain JT wasn't pre-jury. I don't know if Malcolm was lying just to plant a false spoiler and make this episode more surprising, but I appreciate it nonetheless.

mancalamania fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Mar 30, 2017

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

mancalamania posted:

I feel bad for Debbie

How?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, I feel bad for mentally ill people and she came off that way. So in the big picture I hope she gets help if she needs it and lives well. But within the context of the show, I hate her. She lost her poo poo and lashed out at people because she felt bad that she hosed up the challenge and couldn't own it. So instead she rewrote reality and attacked others to make herself feel better. That sucks.

I hope Brandon Hantz is doing better now and has gotten help, but when I watched him on TV he was a creepy rear end in a top hat.

It sucks and you shouldn't let "crazy" people on Survivor if you think they might actually be mentally ill even if they seem funny. So instead lets relive the majesty of Sandra vowing revenge on JT and then in a matter of days more or less orchestrating him getting himself voted out by eating some sugar and instilling so much confidence in him that he went from desperately looking for an idol to being so confident he leaves his idol at camp in a couple of days.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Mar 30, 2017

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

actually mental illness is awesome and I am jealous of debbie or having such a superior coping mecahnism that enables her to change her perception of reality

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
http://i.imgur.com/Z71c8Im.gifv

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Varner low-key did some great work making JT feel comfortable this ep, it was really understated but impressive.

Like, beyond the obvious agreeing with JT at TC, he lets out an unsympathetic "whoa" when Michaela talks about "JT running poo poo all the time", and then makes sure to catch JT's eye to give him a "get a load of this bullshit!" laugh.

It's good survivoring.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Man JT is bad at Survivor. You can't get played any more easily than he did, all it took was a little sugar and some backslapping from Sandra. He could have gotten her out if he just played the drat thing, not bringing it at all is even more puzzling.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Joose Caboose posted:

Watch it be a Hantz

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
They are killing it with the editing and music this season so far and the gameplay itself is entertaining as hell

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

That Michaela-Sandra tag team at tribal council was incredible. I can't believe I hadn't realised the beautiful television that would come out of them working together. I hope it lasts a long time

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, I feel bad for mentally ill people and she came off that way. So in the big picture I hope she gets help if she needs it and lives well. But within the context of the show, I hate her. She lost her poo poo and lashed out at people because she felt bad that she hosed up the challenge and couldn't own it. So instead she rewrote reality and attacked others to make herself feel better. That sucks.

I hope Brandon Hantz is doing better now and has gotten help, but when I watched him on TV he was a creepy rear end in a top hat.

It sucks and you shouldn't let "crazy" people on Survivor if you think they might actually be mentally ill even if they seem funny. So instead lets relive the majesty of Sandra vowing revenge on JT and then in a matter of days more or less orchestrating him getting himself voted out by eating some sugar and instilling so much confidence in him that he went from desperately looking for an idol to being so confident he leaves his idol at camp in a couple of days.

In fairness, Debbie, at worst, was Lady Coach last time. This was a whole different level. And man I loving dislike her now. She reminds me of Elegant Elliott Offen from Howard Stern.

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Mar 30, 2017

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Joose Caboose posted:

LILL IS BACK :unsmigghh:

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

sportsgenius86 posted:

In fairness, Debbie, at worst, was Lady Coach last time. This was a whole different level. And man I loving dislike her now. He reminds me of Elegant Elliott Offen from Howard Stern.

Oh my god, Hali dicking around for 10 frickin minutes riiiiiight?

I found Debbie really hard to watch on her first season too, she's just more of a disturbing kind of crazy than entertaining. Phillip Sheppard is one of my favorite players of all time because he was such a silly old dunce, but Debbie has none of that charm.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
haha JT sux, and michaela sipping her water from a coffee mug owned for some reason

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Michaela and Sandra as so goddam boss

Teckiwi
Dec 7, 2006
Chet returns next week, the player who made us change the channel.

Teckiwi fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Mar 30, 2017

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'm really glad they're swapping again, because watching Tavua's members be utterly invisible was boring.

EDIT: The ultimate Chaos move Varner could have done would be to vote for someone else entirely, forcing a 2-2 tie and either forcing Aubry to vote J.T., or make everyone draw rocks. It wouldn't even burn him that much because Sandra would appreciate the mayhem, and Aubry can't do much in protest.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Mar 30, 2017

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

ApplesandOranges posted:

I'm really glad they're swapping again, because watching Tavua's members be utterly invisible was boring.

EDIT: The ultimate Chaos move Varner could have done would be to vote for someone else entirely, forcing a 2-2 tie and either forcing Aubry to vote J.T., or make everyone draw rocks. It wouldn't even burn him that much because Sandra would appreciate the mayhem, and Aubry can't do much in protest.

But.... he would have been 1 of the 3 players to draw a rock.

That doesn't seem like a wise move.

Meng3267
Sep 16, 2007

ApplesandOranges posted:

Why would he put himself in a position to get eliminated just for the hell of it?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Just watched. Michaela is the loving best and is gonna win the game.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Anyone planning on watching Amazing Race tonight? I like the fact that all the teams are strangers before the race

Max
Nov 30, 2002

https://twitter.com/MalcolmWHW/status/847461709748912130

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

blue squares posted:

Anyone planning on watching Amazing Race tonight? I like the fact that all the teams are strangers before the race

im gonna watch it but the race just isn't as appealing to me as BB and Survivor anymore

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Teckiwi posted:

Chet returns next week, the player who made us change the channel.

You must be forgetting this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQal2ivl9lU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

JakeP posted:

im gonna watch it but the race just isn't as appealing to me as BB and Survivor anymore

I dislike the early episodes where you watch every team do the challenge one by one, but it's been a few years since I watched a season so I'm looking forward to it

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
From the XFINITY blog:

aidoru
Oct 24, 2010

Something interesting in the store.

http://www.cbsstore.com/game-change...gn=SurvivorTees

In case it doesn't stick around for mysterious reasons:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I can't imagine people who would buy that crap. "I really loved the Green team that was in a couple episodes of a reality game show."

They should sell things like idol reproductions... or maybe reproductions of entire puzzle sets.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Mar 31, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Crossover Survivor/Comic nerds who see that its pretty much a Green Lantern shirt?

I don't underestimate what obsessed fans will spend their time and money on.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
All of the "Customer reviews" look like total crap. I doubt people were that passionate about their San Juan Del Sur labelled rice bowl.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

They should just release 20 new Funko Pops every season and make infinite bank from dumb nerds

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

there's no tribe named tavau on survivor :ssh:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I legitimately never retain any tribe names. Like even mid-episode. I just can't bring myself to care, it seems.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

STAC Goat posted:

I legitimately never retain any tribe names. Like even mid-episode. I just can't bring myself to care, it seems.

How dare you forget the proud tribe names that were Nobag and Enil Edam.

Also just realized last night that four of the first five boots were white guys. It's like the reverse MvG.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Mar 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

STAC Goat posted:

I remember the tribe names for Heroes vs. Villians.

• Locked thread