Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

twistedmentat posted:

Weird, but the sound on my computer has been really weird lately. Like i'll watch a video and the music will be fine but audio will be crap. It's probably because the speakers i'm using currently are like 20 years old.

I'd hear the time frame thing before, but its nice to see confirmation.

Check to see if it thinks you have more speakers than you actually do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Watching the Clone Wars panel, and Ashley Eckstein is just the best.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

jivjov posted:

I'm really hoping the last reveal of the panel is gonna be "oh and we decided to go ahead and make a full season"....

The Lost Missions are Season 6 Part 1

This is Season 6 Part 2

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Vinylshadow posted:

The Lost Missions are Season 6 Part 1

This is Season 6 Part 2

Nah, turns out the overlay thing was a typo and they are considering this the 7th season, and Lost Missions was 6

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-K_hqGSkGM

Side by side comparison of the Bad Batch story reels and the mostly-finished clip they showed off at Celebration

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Did anyone watch the Resistance panel? Did they show a season 2 trailer?

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I saw the last half of it when they suddenly cut to someone on the floor pushing merch.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Anarcho-Commissar posted:

I saw the last half of it when they suddenly cut to someone on the floor pushing merch.

Yeah, it sounds like they showed the first episode of Season 2, hence the stream cut. Apparently it's an Alien homage.

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Apr 16, 2019

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Ooh nice. Mysteries of the Colossus could be an ongoing theme for next season.

You know, if they don't explore it in a book or comic, I could see Resistance picking up what happened to Thrawn and Ezra.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Apr 16, 2019

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

ijii posted:

Just saw The Clone Wars panel and that just made my day. I was so sad to see TCW get cancelled, I enjoyed Rebels, and really glad they brought back TCW for more. They're only going to do 12 episodes for season 6. Hopefully they'll do more next seasons.
All indications are that these 12 episodes will be the end of Clone Wars. They haven’t out-and-out said “No more episodes ever”, but Filoni keeps talking about ending the show on his terms, and Seige of Mandalore (the final four episodes of the upcoming batch) was previously the planned endpoint. I would expect that this is it.

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

still hyped for mandalorian. made a blaster that can be converted between a pistol and a carbine.

Kanine fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Apr 17, 2019

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The wait for more Star Wars is agonizing

Vinylshadow fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Apr 17, 2019

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Been awhile since I had some free time to post on the forums. Here are my hot takes from attending Celebration and being in both the Mandalorian and Resistance panels.

Mandalorian - The premise is great and I enjoyed the story beats shown, what I think may not come across that well on the leaked footage is how... ehh… how to say this, how tv-ish it looks. While watching it, the first shots of the snow planet look great. Everything else on the desert world really looked like a Star Wars TV commercial to me. Someone afterwards said it looked like a fan film to them and thinking about it, they were right. I'm not sure if it's the shot framing, the film stock, frame rate or what, but it looked off. I'm REALLY hoping that will be something which gets addressed in post by the time it airs later this year. I'm guessing it's probably one of the reasons why they didn't want to offer a direct feed of the footage. It still needs TLC.

Resistance - Season 2 premiere is good. Animation and everything looks exactly in line with season 1. Kaz had quite a few clutz beats, which to me was a bit annoying, at least coming off some better character development at the end of season 1. I like where they're going with the story and the plot developments help set up how/why it may or may not tie into TFA and TLJ yet. One thing, Phasma was back in a holo-call but I'm a tad unconvinced it was Gwendoline Christie. It sounded like her but also a little like a sound alike. I tried to check the credits but they flew by too fast. Kaz also tried to reach out to Tam, but she cut it off before he could get to anything. There was still no info dump to her about Hosnian Prime. At the end, she suited up to be a FO pilot trainee.

The post above mine is the Resistance poster given out to people who attended the panel, there's a far superior picture on the backside of the poster which is Opeepit trying to clean the floor. That's the one I ended up framing and hanging up.

One thing I loved from all the panels was how much respect and influence Filoni is throwing around now. It really seems like he's getting leaned on a lot, which is a great sign. Hopefully he won't be buried too much.

Teek fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Apr 21, 2019

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Teek posted:

Mandalorian - The premise is great and I enjoyed the story beats shown, what I think may not come across that well on the leaked footage is how... ehh… how to say this, how tv-ish it looks. While watching it, the first shots of the snow planet look great. Everything else on the desert world really looked like a Star Wars TV commercial to me. Someone afterwards said it looked like a fan film to them and thinking about it, they were right. I'm not sure if it's the shot framing, the film stock, frame rate or what, but it looked off. I'm REALLY hoping that will be something which gets addressed in post by the time it airs later this year. I'm guessing it's probably one of the reasons why they didn't want to offer a direct feed of the footage. It still needs TLC.

I also got this impression, and it does go a bit beyond the effects being unfinished. Both of the big dialogue scenes had some fairly uninspired cinematography, an over-reliance on back-and-forth closeups and so on. The lines themselves felt somewhat dry and cliche ("I like those odds.") too.

Hopefully, it's just a combination of unfinished footage and lack of context.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Surprising no one, Iger did announce yesterday that another Disney+ show is in the pipeline. Might be the rumored Obi-Wan show or something completely different. It makes sense to get another ready, to help get the live action content padding the schedule until the first of the new trilogies comes out in 2022.

speakhard
Nov 30, 2003

from mars to uranus.
Isn't that referring to the pre-ANH Cassian show that was announced?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

speakhard posted:

Isn't that referring to the pre-ANH Cassian show that was announced?

That's show #2. The announcement was apparently for show #3

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Wonder if it might be a Solo sequel series with Qi'ra and Maul

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I would like a Star Wars show that has the same animation style as this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf1cfemeX_U

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

teagone posted:

I would like a Star Wars show that has the same animation style as this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf1cfemeX_U

That'd be a drat fine trailer for a full animated series

Although I think they should start with AotC and use flashbacks to TPM when relevant

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Just marathoned Rebels season 4 for the first time and man, it was good.

I didn’t love it or Clone Wars as a whole, but the highs are just as high as the best Star Wars in other mediums. The Father/Son/Daughter stuff, Obi Wan’s time on Mandalore, Ahsoka leaving, Maul stuff in born shows, and all of the time/space disconnecting towards the end of Rebels.

I haven’t seen any of, or about, Resistance, but I’m excited to check it out now that I’m done with Rebels.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I'm eager for a second season of resistance. I followed along with the first but overall it didn't grab me much. First seasons of star wars shows aren't always the greatest (compared to seasons after) so I'm hoping I'll like the next one more.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Watched the first episode and it looks fantastic. Between the actual art and the angles they take on the ships that call back to the films (and their influences).

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I saw this thread had posts again and thought they actually announced something about season 2

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea me too. Doesn't it start in September?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

We've also got The Mandalorian to look forward to, which I suspect is going to supplant the Filoniverse, which is the various animated series vs the Live-Action 'verse they're making

(Anthologyverse? Following up on the hints strewn throughout Rogue One and Solo that doesn't really have ties to the Skywalker Saga?)

Weren't they also suggesting a Cassian Andor series too?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Vinylshadow posted:

We've also got The Mandalorian to look forward to, which I suspect is going to supplant the Filoniverse, which is the various animated series vs the Live-Action 'verse they're making

(Anthologyverse? Following up on the hints strewn throughout Rogue One and Solo that doesn't really have ties to the Skywalker Saga?)

Weren't they also suggesting a Cassian Andor series too?

Mandalorian is coming out this year, the Cassian series has been announced and is in pre-production with filming starting before the end of the year IIRC. Resistance S2 starts in the fall. Filoni is still working on a proper Rebels follow-up but it’s a ways off and his attention has been on the Clone Wars continuation this year. My guess is we might hear about his next project at Celebration 2020.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Mandalorian is coming out this year, the Cassian series has been announced and is in pre-production with filming starting before the end of the year IIRC. Resistance S2 starts in the fall. Filoni is still working on a proper Rebels follow-up but it’s a ways off and his attention has been on the Clone Wars continuation this year. My guess is we might hear about his next project at Celebration 2020.

So both TCW S7 and Res S2 start in the fall?

Or are they going to air TCW during the mid-season hiatus? Or a D+ incentive?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

They're on two different networks/services, so that part is still bit unclear. I doubt they would position those two series in that way.

Also still not 100% if Disney will be airing the Disney+ series all at once, week to week or some mix of both, i.e. a batch of episodes at a time.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Clone Wars is happening at an unspecified time in 2020. There’s been a long-held assumption that it was a 2019 thing but I don’t think I’ve ever seen an official statement on when it’s going to be released (other than that Disney Plus obviously must exist first).

Resistance S2 and Mandalorian are coming out in 2019.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Vinylshadow posted:

So both TCW S7 and Res S2 start in the fall?

Or are they going to air TCW during the mid-season hiatus? Or a D+ incentive?

Resistance is confirmed to air sometime in Fall 2019 and TCW S7 is supposed to air on Disney+ sometime after it launches in November. It hasn’t been given an exact air date but everyone involved has always said 2019. My guess is that since The Mandalorian will be releasing weekly episodes, TCW will start up either towards the end of its run or a short time after.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

TCW S7 hasn’t been given an exact air date but everyone involved has always said 2019.

Have they? I don’t think I’ve ever seen a date given by anyone from Lucasfilm. I think 2019 was a fan assumption based on how long ago the initial announcement was made.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

A lot of the stuff they showed at the TCW Celebration panel looked very previs, so I'd be surprised if it all ended up coming out this year.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/dave_filoni/status/1152283415787343872

I do wonder when we'll be getting the next info/trailer dump re: TCW S7 since it's not coming until next year.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Cross-Section posted:

https://twitter.com/dave_filoni/status/1152283415787343872

I do wonder when we'll be getting the next info/trailer dump re: TCW S7 since it's not coming until next year.

D23 is next month, so maybe then?

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

teagone posted:

D23 is next month, so maybe then?

I don't know, this article about the Disney+ panel they're doing only mentions The Mandalorian as having a presence.

Wonder if they're holding back on any more TCW teasers/etc. until early next year. I'd imagine such would make a decent chaser to TROS, in one way or another.

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jul 19, 2019

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkJtdJKCVto

Trailer for the second (final!?) season of the show. Not sure why they're ending it now, seems like there was still stuff to mine in that time frame between TLJ and TRoS.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

*whistles*

Bloody hell, that's got some gorgeous everything going on

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I am immediately interested in whatever those little flat not-TIE fighters are in the FO inventory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
funny but also a bummer arguably the best looking sw show thus far is apparently only going for 2 seasons and wont be making the leap to being part of lets called it the filoni verse