Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mitä mieltä muuten olet siitä työehtosopimusten yleissitovuudesta mistä sun ehdokkaas haluaa eroon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

doverhog posted:

Like this:

"Samalla opintolainan enimmäismäärää tulisi korottaa siten, että koko omavastuuosuus olisi mahdollista kattaa lainalla. Lainan takaisinmaksu tulisi sitoa opiskelijan tutkinnon jälkeisiin tuloihin siten, että takaisinmaksu alkaa vasta, kun valmistuneen maisterin tulotaso on noussut vaikkapa keskimääräisen tulotason yläpuolelle. Jos tulotaso ei nouse tuolle tasolle, ei lainaakaan tarvitsisi maksaa takaisin. Näin opiskelijalle ei muodostuisi rahoitusongelmaa opintojensa aikana eikä riskiä takaisinmaksuvaiheessa. Lisäksi pienituloisista perheistä tuleville opiskelijoille voitaisiin myöntää vapautus omavastuuosuudesta."
my dude have you heard of progressive taxation

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Yeah I think making rich kids and their parents pay for their university is a great form of progressive taxation.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Lukukausimaksut? No mikä ettei, jos on semmonen 20€ per vuosi.

Onko vasureilla mahdollisuuksia hallitukseen? Tai vihreillä?

Kattoin jotain vaalikoneita ja ehdokkaat on aina joko jotain vitun piraatteja mitkä ei koskaan tule pääsemään mihinkään, tai sitten sdp. vas. vihr.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

they're already doing that

by paying taxes

I mean they're not because the world isn't just, but y'know, that's how the system is supposed to go.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Gortarius posted:

Lukukausimaksut? No mikä ettei, jos on semmonen 20€ per vuosi.

Onko vasureilla mahdollisuuksia hallitukseen? Tai vihreillä?

Kattoin jotain vaalikoneita ja ehdokkaat on aina joko jotain vitun piraatteja mitkä ei koskaan tule pääsemään mihinkään, tai sitten sdp. vas. vihr.

SDP on mitä todennäköisimmin isoin puolue jolloin on hyvin todennäköistä että vasurit ja vihreet on molemmat myös siellä

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Mitä himputtia täällä tapahtuu.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Andrast posted:

Mitä mieltä muuten olet siitä työehtosopimusten yleissitovuudesta mistä sun ehdokkaas haluaa eroon?

Not a fan of that exactly, but to be honest the minutia of what he's talking about in that blog about the various levels of organization is something I'm not familiar enough with to really engage on.

Tarkoitan sitä yleissitovuudesta luopumista.

Siivola posted:

they're already doing that

by paying taxes

Yeah so I want them to pay MORE TAXES!!!

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

doverhog posted:

Yeah so I want them to pay MORE TAXES!!!

You want to tax the rich, therefore you voted for a Libera guy.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

so could we maybe use this existing framework instead of inventing a new one that would require more bureaucracy and regulation

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

doverhog posted:

Not a fan of that exactly, but to be honest the minutia of what he's talking about in that blog about the various levels of organization is something I'm not familiar enough with to really engage on.

Tarkoitan sitä yleissitovuudesta luopumista.

Hint: it's a huge gently caress you to workers

doverhog
May 31, 2013

I voted for the rational Soininvaara "do what works" wing of the Green Party.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

doverhog posted:

Yeah right wing fucks often like to brand themselves as rational people who make hard decisions when needed

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

doverhog posted:

Yet your postin' says you're full-on gently caress the poor and give the universities a way to just say no to the proles. You're a cock in denial.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

"Do what works" apparently means introducing tuition fees when we have some of the best and most equal schooling in the entire world and getting rid of yleissitovuus to gently caress over the workers more

doverhog
May 31, 2013

endlessmonotony posted:

Yet your postin' says you're full-on gently caress the poor and give the universities a way to just say no to the proles. You're a cock in denial.

So you are either unable to read, or lying on purpose, which is it?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

doverhog posted:

You're the one who voted for a green cock

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Also Lepomäki's perustili is a Libera thing, which would basically gut the welfare system and replace it with 400e/month for the poor and tax breaks for the rich.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Are you not engaging the arguments because you are unable to do so, or because you are afraid of doing so?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

doverhog posted:

Andrast's av fits this page so loving well because even reading your mental gymnastics makes my head hurt.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

doverhog posted:

Are you not engaging the arguments because you are unable to do so, or because you are afraid of doing so?

And that's "because you're not arguing in good faith". Hth.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

doverhog posted:

It's impossible to engage in the arguments of a guy who thinks Libera isn't extremely right wing

doverhog
May 31, 2013

I have not mentioned Libera at all for a while, how about it is progressive to make rich kids and their parents pay more tax in the form of education fees for the rich kids.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

doverhog posted:

I have not mentioned Libera at all for a while, how about it is progressive to make rich kids and their parents pay more tax in the form of education fees for the rich kids.

Please go ask UKMT what they think of tuition fees that got introduced to their previously free higher education

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

doverhog posted:

How the gently caress would that make a difference compared to just increasing taxation, and moreover what the utter hell on earth makes you think that wouldn't result in education fees that are trivial for the rich and block the proles from even dreaming about higher education?

You can't be dumb enough to not see that that would be immediately weaponized for class warfare - so you're cock in denial, and you being extremely dumb is just the part where you're expecting anyone at all to believe what you're spouting.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Also you can apply that logic to literally every service the state provides. Do we need to increase the cost of everything to make sure the rich don't benefit too much?

We already have a system that taxes the rich more, it's called taxes. No need for extra bureaucracy that would only disincentivize less wealthy people from attending higher education in the first place.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Apr 7, 2019

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Wow I didn't think we'd have a closet kokkeli here, but doverhog sure proved me wrong.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

endlessmonotony posted:

And that's "because you're not arguing in good faith". Hth.

How can you tell???

"Samalla opintolainan enimmäismäärää tulisi korottaa siten, että koko omavastuuosuus olisi mahdollista kattaa lainalla. Lainan takaisinmaksu tulisi sitoa opiskelijan tutkinnon jälkeisiin tuloihin siten, että takaisinmaksu alkaa vasta, kun valmistuneen maisterin tulotaso on noussut vaikkapa keskimääräisen tulotason yläpuolelle. Jos tulotaso ei nouse tuolle tasolle, ei lainaakaan tarvitsisi maksaa takaisin. Näin opiskelijalle ei muodostuisi rahoitusongelmaa opintojensa aikana eikä riskiä takaisinmaksuvaiheessa. Lisäksi pienituloisista perheistä tuleville opiskelijoille voitaisiin myöntää vapautus omavastuuosuudesta."

Is there something wrong with this?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Andrast fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Apr 7, 2019

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Andrast, against making the rich pay more for services. A real COCK man if I ever saw one.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

doverhog posted:

Andrast, against making the rich pay more for services. A real COCK man if I ever saw one.

What is the advantage of this system over just increasing income taxes?

The only thing that the tuition fee system would do is make it easier for the cock to gently caress with it later. Look at what the tuition fees did in the UK.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
It's one thing for a think tank to suggest a radical new way of taxing. The other is what party has adapted that tax policy to their party platform.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

"Gee boss I'd like to take the raise but if I did I'd suddenly be thirty grand in debt."

How would you even implement this dumbshit proposal anyway.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
This is the first time I've ever seen Libera being heralded as giving a gently caress about anything but the richest. Usually it's described as logical and rational to gently caress the poor, but saying that loving the poor over is actually good for the poor is a masterstroke. :neckbeard:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

not a bot posted:

This is the first time I've ever seen Libera being heralded as giving a gently caress about anything but the richest. Usually it's described as logical and rational to gently caress the poor, but saying that loving the poor over is actually good for the poor is a masterstroke. :neckbeard:

I actually can't believe that I'm arguing with a guy who thinks the toiminnanjohtaja of Libera isn't a right winger

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

doverhog posted:

Hello green cock-man. I'm a poor, depressed, unemployed student. If the universities had tuition fees, I would most likely not be an university student. People who are not rich and priviledged also want to go to universities.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Siivola posted:

"Gee boss I'd like to take the raise but if I did I'd suddenly be thirty grand in debt."

How would you even implement this dumbshit proposal anyway.

Give up on the complicated part after "feedback", creating a fee structure that means the poor can't apply for higher education.

That's how it would be implemented.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Since we're stanning for our candidates I'm going in for https://www.facebook.com/EhdokasAnu/
Won't vote till election day, but there we go.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

not a bot posted:

The rhetoric has always been "if the poors don't take it up the rear end we're all going to sink!!" which implies the poors would somehow be also worse off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Man this is dumb