Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

numberoneposter posted:

im strongly considering getting a garf tattoo any suggestions for what he should be doing????

ive talked to the guy who did my last tattoo and he recommended this guy who could do a good garf

Do the empty house comic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Somfin posted:

Do the empty house comic

Then a John drinking dog cum sleeve.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

numberoneposter posted:

im strongly considering getting a garf tattoo any suggestions for what he should be doing????

ive talked to the guy who did my last tattoo and he recommended this guy who could do a good garf

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Arabiolosis: The World According to Garf

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

numberoneposter posted:

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

numberoneposter posted:

Just do the one with the dang pipe

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

garfield tramp stamp

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

This one, including the "your" thought balloon.

KillerJunglist fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Aug 24, 2019

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

The Manchild with the Garfield Tattoo

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Just do the one with the dang pipe

the cat has your pipe. remember that.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

Get a tattoo of one of those god awful Garfield costumes from lasagna cat or the one Nathen keeps parading around.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

Get a super detailed tattoo of a Garfield shaped pizza

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
did this get posted in here yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAh9oLs67Cw

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Maybe this guy is fom a country where cats are a culinary object so it's only natural to use Garfield as a mascot for people to associate with food.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

did this get posted yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmPEjuVKdyU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

me, sagely: The Garfield Eats App.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

uber_stoat posted:

the cat has your pipe. remember that.

why is the outline off

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

me, gutturally:

GARF
All-Feline,
Make me garfaccino and pizza,
Let my 4G be strong,
Make my thumb swifter than any who would
seek to order before me,
Grant me the confirmation number of my order
Let not my last thought be "Maybe Panago tonight..."
but rather let my Garfield Eats App rings with my input,
and let me feast atop a mountain of Garfield-themed lasagnas.
GARFIELD!

sandwiches_and_ham
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
"GARF" is "FRAG" backwards.

does fragmaster know something? :confused:

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

It's Lowtax in the Garfield costume. It all makes sense now!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

The suit is the only thing holding his spine together. Like Iron Man but for a lovely cat and pizza.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

The suit is the only thing holding his spine together. Like Iron Man but for a lovely cat and pizza.

Goons must come together and buy enough Garfaccinos to fix The Taxman's spine!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

"say hello to the Garf!"

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.
I had a pizza
shaped like Garf
It was so bad
I had to barf.

Burmashave!

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Garbiet macht frei (pizza)

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!
Most recent instagram post: I hate Mondays so I am closing Garfield Eats.

He means on Mondays only, but what a loving sentence.

sandwiches_and_ham
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

olylifter posted:

Most recent instagram post: I hate Mondays so I am closing Garfield Eats.

He means on Mondays only, but what a loving sentence.

the beginning of the end

buy your grease-encrusted tissue boxes while you still can, folks :qq:

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Garfield eats never should have been open on mondays in the first place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Yeah, this "cost-saving measure" is about as telling as you can get

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Agent Escalus posted:

Yeah, this "cost-saving measure" is about as telling as you can get

Next on the chopping block: the orange sauce.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
i wonder how long he'll bleed dad's his money before he realizes it's a flop

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

We must all make a pilgrimage to the site during these final weeks.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Elderbean posted:

We must all make a pilgrimage to the site during these final weeks.

International Goon meet at the GarfieldEATS

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
LOL checking cheap flights to Toronto

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
Oh drat, I gotta get this wrapped up before Garfinkle's closes.

{Arabiolosis} Chapter Nine: Hollywood Calling

quote:

Mazri's Law #9: Every human lives on the 7 F's: Fame, Fortune, Fu**, Friends, Family, Fart, Food. Actor, director, doctor, or housekeeper, they are all the same. Don't let them fool you.

Nathen says 'gently caress' several times, I have no idea why he chose to censor himself here but whatever. Living my best fart life in 2019, let's do this.

quote:

Back in Montreal when I was six years old, I would come home from school, drop my school bag, and wash my hands before lunch. My mother would come to the lavatory and hide her hands behind her back and ask me to choose a hand. I always would get it right, somehow, and she would take her hand out from behind her back, and she'd be holding a VHS of the latest Walt Disney movie of the latest release, such as Tarzan, Toy Story, and many more. (...) If I had one dream in my childhood, it was to become an actor.
(...)
I always related to the Power Rangers, playing the red character from the show with my brother and sister at home in the basement. Batman was also one of my favorite superheroes of all times, especially his black cape.

Nathen has literally never mentioned acting before, but it's his book so now we're clumsily retconned into a new lifelong dream. Branding? Fu** that, acting is my passion. At least until the chapter ends. Also if you really enjoyed the Power Rangers would you really refer to your favorite as 'the red character'? Maybe he refers to Garfield as 'the Orange Cat' privately. I suppose it's possible.

He goes on to complain about growing up with his acting passions being suppressed in Saudi Arabia. He comes from money so his complaints never find much sympathy from me:

quote:

You go to school to enter university and major in a field you can perhaps learn to love and then find an unpaid internship at a company, working your rear end off, eating McDonald's daily, living on your father's limited allowance.

Along this path, I had utterly lost motivation and felt a battle of internal conflicts that would take me astray, as I couldn't live with myself knowing I am like everyone else, a robot on this planet designed to perform the task at hand like everyone else.

I'm being insulted by a man who complains about his Entertainment Tonight possibly being out of date. Thanks, buddy, I hope you enjoy the $5 I paid you to read this. <:mad:>

quote:

I tried to find acting workshops or agents in Saudi Arabia, but of course the country banned cinemas and it wasn't the right place to become an actor or even learn the basics of acting. I felt this dream was unattainable, impossible, that I was not destined for such a career. If it was my destiny then I would have entered acting or singing since I was a child, like Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake and Christina Aguilera (who all started in the Mickey Mouse club) or Leonardo Dicaprio or Drew Barrymore who started before they even passed puberty. (...) I believe the culture and community in which the parents lived (i.e., America and sometimes southern California, in particular) supported such various fields of arts and it was also a land of opportunities where different advanced fields of study existed, such as Archeology, Creative Writing, Instrumental Playing, Acting, choreography and much more. The world that they lived in was more advanced and the generations they came from were aware and enlightened.

The Enlighted "Archeologists" of the Mickey Mouse Club, America's greatest gift to the world.

After many pages extolling the virtues of Southern California, Nathen finally gets around to quitting his job after his marketing plan was overruled by one of his superiors. He writes about coming back to the family compound and declaring his intention to move to L.A. to become an actor and it plays out like the time on the Simpsons where Homer decided to go to Clown College. Plane ticket in hand, we're off to Cali:

quote:

It was a sunny day with a temperature of 35 degrees Celsius in Burbank as I landed at Bob Hope airport. My acting education began as I was eager to know who was Bob Hope. I went up to the American widow at the airport waiting for her suitcases and asked her to tell me more about the history of Bob Hope, she said well she didn't know much about his past but she knew he was an English-American comedian and actor who appeared in feature films and shows and was the first comedian to entertain active service American military personnel--he made 57 tours for the USO between 1941 and 1991--Hope was declared an honorary veteran of the United States Armed Forces in 1997 by an act of the U.S. congress.

Nathen always meets the most interesting people. For someone who 'didn't know much' about Bob Hope, this random airport widow(?) manages to fill in the blanks suspiciously well.

Armed with our wikipedia-esque knowledge of Bob Hope, we're off to explore more of SoCal:

quote:

Being in the homeplace of celebrities and actors was just divine. It was the home of Lisa Vanderpump and Charlie Sheen. I had never smiled so much over the course of three hours on the road. People would stare at me, wondering why the hell I am smiling like Happy Gilmore. (...) I felt high on ecstasy, not that I knew.

Like blowing a huge line of yayo, I felt a rush of energy - or so I heard. It's nothing like when you blow a vein trying to inject some pure China White that you got from Paris Hilton, from what I hear.

Look, I might be a small-town boy from northern Minnesota but even I can see that Nathen's Hollywood methods and research are... well, they're not as quality as a good shard of Mexican meth, from what I've read of course:

quote:

I came to Los Angeles on a mission, to engage the interest of leading producers, actors, and directors, to produce my movie Culture Clash, for which I only had a treatment. I knew so little of filmmaking, but I had the motivation to get the ball rolling and I subscribed to IMDB Pro to have access to most of the contact of major celebrities and Hollywood production companies and agencies. Culture Clash was based on the book I had been writing for 10 years about a young man who moves to Saudi Arabia, the most suppressed Islamic nation in the world, battling to exist in the country and live a normal life. I knew I wanted Goldie Hawn to play the role of the mother in the film, as she looked similar to my mother with her long blond hair and I was eager to find the contacts of her agent at CAA. (...)

Casting Goldie Hawn in this film seemed right, as the world missed her on the big screen. From my marketing background, as per the focus group that I conducted, indeed the viewers in their late twenties who lived most of the 90s have missed Goldie.

If you're wondering how an entrepreneur can decide that Toronto plus Garfield plus pizza equals success, you only need to know that he also thought Goldie Hawn plus Saudi Arabian Mom plus Millenials equals a box office hit.

Nathan attends some acting classes and goes clubbing and watches Netflix a lot. He's really star struck:

quote:

I did my research about filmmaking and becoming a producer piqued my interest, as I would fall in love with this particular field of work more and more, visiting Barnes and Noble for related books and industry players for dinner or a drink, listening and reading attentively every word mentioned. I loved the entire life cycle of a move and how it starts from a script and lands on the desks of distributors and finally on the big screen. I was amazed. I found my true calling and what really makes me happy. I found the love of my life that I thought I would never meet. I feel in love with being a producer.

Wait, a producer? I thought our dream was to become an actor. Doesn't matter, no time for that now. Nathen convinces someone to work with him on Ahmed and Howard, the short film with the dance fight:

quote:

The short comedy had a nice twist and I wanted it to showcase all my talents, hence I included a musical twist at the end since we live in the era of Glee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRvo9kpZLX8

800 views, one thumbs up, three thumbs down.

Nathan uses his success from A&H to found Mazri Pictures and spends a couple of pages talking about how Dubai is the perfect location for 21st Century filmmaking but Dad calls and it all comes to naught as he then moves back to Saudi Arabia after a year in the US.

quote:

What is the theme of Chapter 9?
There is no single path to success. Ghandi rose from India. Omar Sheriff from Egypt. Celine Dion from Quebec. William Shakespeare from the United Kingdom. Aristotle Onassis from Turkey. The sole driver to success is determination, the fire to succeed, and by how much your hard-work outweighs your indolence no matter where you are worldwide, even in the most suppressed country in the world. Fame is a branded illusion, seek for a deeper purpose and the rest shall follow, whether you like it or not.

Goldie Hawn rose out of mean streets of Washington D.C., if you were curious.

Finally! We've arrived at the last chapter. Up next: Chapter 10: Pizza Rising.

sandwiches_and_ham
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Thots and Prayers posted:

Mazri's Law #9: Every human lives on the 7 F's: Fame, Fortune, Fu**, Friends, Family, Fart, Food.

:words:

this is wrapping up splendidly

did nathen go into any more detail about loving or farting?

sandwiches_and_ham
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
come to think of it, "gently caress Friends Family Fart Food" would make an ideal name for a casual dining restaurant

Col. Mugsy
Jul 20, 2014

Thots and Prayers posted:

Mazri's Law #9: Every human lives on the 7 F's: Fame, Fortune, Fu**, Friends, Family, Fart, Food.

Is this hanging up at the "pizza" place next to "Love me feed me don't leave me"?

Actually all of Mazri's laws should line the walls there come to think.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

numberoneposter posted:

Get the poem from Arabiolosis tattooed. On your knob. Then show it to the author and say how entergouging you find his work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I think you mean entergorging