Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Looking forward to deadline day when Man Utd pay £25m for Mandzukic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Pooshited

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Gorn Myson posted:

Looking forward to deadline day when Man Utd pay £25m for Mandzukic

Same

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Der Shovel posted:

Yeah, but people called this in August when United were giving it the whole "yes we ran out of time now but just you see the rebuilding will continue in January and this time we really mean it!" treatment. Nobody's coming in, the midfield will continue to be a travesty and nothing will improve.

The boss says a new devil is not arriving

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
woodward himself actually gave an interview and lol

Ed Woodward posted:

It’s a multi-year squad evolution analysis

It’s hard enough to get three players done in a transfer window. To get six or seven done is extremely difficult if you are getting proper talent.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Jose posted:

It’s a multi-year squad evolution analysis

Gonna try this line the next time I gently caress up my job

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
New United DoF 'Arry "I'm not a facking wheeler dealer" Redknapp could take care of that real fast.

skasion posted:

Gonna try this line the next time I gently caress up my job

Yeah, this too lol

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

If Ed Woodward just found one other person who is smart as him, and told him to go sign some players. Doubled the output.

An Actual Bear
Feb 15, 2012

sticksy posted:

New United DoF 'Arry "I'm not a facking wheeler dealer" Redknapp could take care of that real fast.

Yeah, this too lol

Phwoar can’t wait for that Matic-Krancjar midfield

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol supposedly the Bordeaux owners want to buy Newcastle

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1201927967171055616?s=19

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I don't know how much anyone cares about what sort of treatment players get for injuries but shelvey is currently doing this

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4775475/

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-jonjo-shelvey-manchester-city-17354867

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I love how all the press are bending over backwards to write articles about how THIS TIME Mourinho's definitely going to get it right and they've won three games in a row and he's the man for Spurs and he's changed and THIS TIME it'll work out and Spurs are really the club for him.

Short memories, dumb journalists.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Der Shovel posted:

I love how all the press are bending over backwards to write articles about how THIS TIME Mourinho's definitely going to get it right and they've won three games in a row and he's the man for Spurs and he's changed and THIS TIME it'll work out and Spurs are really the club for him.

Plus let's be honest, more than a little hope from United fans.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Der Shovel posted:

Regardless of how successful he is or not the histrionics from United fans is enough to keep me warm all winter

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Mou has a fuckton of trophies. I think he's past it (based on his last couple stints and especially on how they've ended) but even then he won the Europa League and League Cup in his first year with United and won the league with Chelsea in 2015. And Tottenham should be better than they looked under the last days of Poch.

Still, I can't think of two worse matched people than Levy and Mou, and Mou has been burning his bridges more and more, so I can't wait to see Tottenham win the League Cup while finishing 7th and not getting past the round of 16 in the CL.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Blinkz0rz posted:

Regardless of how successful he is or not the histrionics from United fans is enough to keep me warm all winter

Watching United fans being apoplectic about Jose while making any possible excuse for Ole steering the club straight down the toilet has been really fulfilling tbh.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

I feel attacked

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
i'm currently enjoying the double joy of man u being also-rans and their fans not being able to hack it, and sunderland fans talking about how they deserve to be a premier league club, and how they should be a premier league club

i dunno what one step above heart felming is, but it's that

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Shartwarming?

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

blue footed boobie posted:

Watching United fans being apoplectic about Jose while making any possible excuse for Ole steering the club straight down the toilet has been really fulfilling tbh.

You love to see it

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Blinkz0rz posted:

Yes, insane histrionics like saying it's ludicrous to write and publish articles about how Jose's going to be amazing at Spurs and is a perfect fit for the club, based on three games and ignoring literally his entire career until now.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Jose to new club fanbase progression:

Pre joining rumours: oh gently caress no

Actually signs: oh well at least he wins trophies

First year: gently caress yeah he's amazing and has turrned the club around. He's changed himself too.

Your fanbase may win some trophies at this point.

Second year: ah he's doing well still but he needs to tone it down in the media a bit

Third year: ah ffs he's done it again.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

if he wins the premier league with spurs i'm not sure they'll give a poo poo how badly he burns out

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Up until this year I think Inter fans would've had him back in a heartbeat.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Jose posted:

if he wins the premier league with spurs i'm not sure they'll give a poo poo how badly he burns out

Yeah that's unlikely to happen though.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Jose posted:

I mean, I will. I loving hate this guy.

I'm resolved to not wear the kit until he's gone.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Cannon_Fodder posted:

That'll show 'em!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Cannon_Fodder posted:

They already have your money.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Shrapnig posted:

They already have your money.

Yeah at least its not a Green and Yellow scarf or something, that would really show people

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Der Shovel posted:

Of course they are because idiots are going to read it.

Football journalists write an article to be correct on the day it is published, that's it.

Fans are better off finding their own coverage from their fanbase that will be critical and objective than anything from a British paper or online sports site.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
I know it's stupid, but it's more for me to protest than for the world to know about my stupid grudge.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Jose Mourino took mid-table wastemen Manchester United to a second place league finish and champions league football, he’s a miracle worker imho and Spurs are lucky to have him

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Cannon_Fodder posted:

why do you hate him?

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

kcer posted:

why do you hate him?

https://youtu.be/63Agrr2qC78

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Soccernet have a pretty good article on how things fell apart at United, and shockingly enough a lot of fingers get pointed at one man in particular.

quote:

Heralded as the "Chosen One" after signing a six-year contract as Ferguson's successor, Moyes was led to believe that big moves were underway to sign Gareth Bale, Cesc Fabregas and Cristiano Ronaldo. Woodward even told him that the club were just waiting to press the button on whichever deal he wanted to do.

As the days ticked by, nobody arrived to boost the squad. Panic set in. But with three minutes to go before the August 31 transfer deadline, Fellaini arrived from Everton for £27.5m -- £4m more than his escape clause would have allowed him to leave for two weeks earlier.

It was a disastrous summer window and privately, Moyes and Woodward began to point the finger at each other.

quote:

"Ed [Woodward's] problem is that he doesn't know what he doesn't know. He means well and wants United to be Premier League and European champions again, but he thinks he has the solution to everything. He doesn't, United don't, and he needs to hire the right people in key positions."

Also some choice quotes about Moyes.

quote:

"Before games, [David Moyes] would say, 'we need to make 500 passes today.' What is all that about? 500 passes? We never had that kind of thing under Sir Alex [Ferguson]. Before we played Bayern Munich in the Champions League quarterfinal at the Allianz Arena, he told us to try to win corners by kicking the ball off Bayern players' shins. It was laughable really."

And Van Gaal...

quote:

If a player shot and missed, he had to explain himself after the game. Louis hated players shooting with their first touch -- he basically ordered them to take a touch before shooting.

Van Gaal sent every player video clips via email of what they had done wrong. When they ignored him, the emails soon came with "read receipts". During team meetings, the manager would criticise players in front of their teammates for the most basic technical mistakes.

https://global.espn.com/football/ma...hing-fell-apart

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Dec 5, 2019

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

kcer posted:

why do you hate him?

He's a petulant, entitled child who has gone as far as throwing a tantrum during goal celebrations for his own team.

My monitor is on.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Cannon_Fodder posted:

He's a petulant, entitled child who has gone as far as throwing a tantrum during goal celebrations for his own team.

My monitor is on.

He's gone a lot further than that lol

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Bundy posted:

He's gone a lot further than that lol

I was making GBS threads. My limited synopsis will do.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
i can understand the entitlement of a man u to piss and moan and ask for change when things aren't going their way, even with someone like mourinho in charge, but giving that as a reason to want rid of a repeatedly successful manager joining your chronically unsuccessful team is utterly loving bizarre

i feel like i'm reasonably well placed to comment on this too because my similarly unsuccessful team recently employed steve loving bruce, and i actually find myself not hating it at the moment. give that a few hours tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Poor misunderstood Jose Mourinho, getting railroaded out of town by entitled fans everywhere he goes