Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 196 days!

Thoguh posted:

Lol you got your taint ran and now you're complaining to the mods.

gently caress off fasc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

Another PM from someone on need! Paraphrased and anonymized to hide their posting style

anonymous posted:

Hello Seer! I need your help, my dad's an rear end in a top hat, my mom doesn't believe in covid, and im tired of putting up with it. Should i just cut them out of my life? I love them, but i am so so tired.

My opinion, yes you can no one should hafta put up with that poo poo, but lets see what the cards say

Situation / Outcome Reading #2

Emperor: authority and control. Your father, in this situation, overstepping boundaries and trying to enforce a rigid structure over a changing situation.

Inverted Queen of Pentacles: smothering and unrewarded work. You're trying to keep people safe and yet others stopped caring, or think they know better.

Inverted 2 of Swords: no clear choice. Both have consequences, of suffering both mental and emotional, and only you can choose who's worthy of your effort.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hodgepodge posted:

want to check in because I am not ultimately objective

but I really do think the succ thread went full racist in my argument with them tonight, however poorly I may have made my own case

I had a look and it seems like ten people talking past each other as part of a very boring conversation about what to words mean and then someone starts quoting satre and fanon. My take is that you're thinking about it too hard and should drop the whole thing. case closed

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

i am a pentacle irl

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
i remember reading pyf a while ago (i stopped ever since they obsoleted the whole thing with Post My Favorites, the best forum on this website) and they had a sticky called STOP REPORTING STUPID poo poo YOU IDIOTS and it was just a thread of the mods posting screenshots of really dumb reports that got generated like "this poster posted anime despite being banned from anime posting 10 years ago"

i think cspam could use something like that, not because i think there's a lot of reports, but because there's probably some really funny dumb ones that get filed from time to time

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 196 days!

Crane Fist posted:

I had a look and it seems like ten people talking past each other as part of a very boring conversation about what to words mean and then someone starts quoting satre and fanon. My take is that you're thinking about it too hard and should drop the whole thing. case closed

perhaps its time for a break. much love but I don't normally associate you with level headed advice, and this is clearly that, so...

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hodgepodge posted:

perhaps its time for a break. much love but I don't normally associate you with level headed advice, and this is clearly that, so...

I'm doing my best to turn over a new leaf and yes I sincerely think you should step away from this one, no one is having a good time there

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Malleum posted:

i remember reading pyf a while ago (i stopped ever since they obsoleted the whole thing with Post My Favorites, the best forum on this website) and they had a sticky called STOP REPORTING STUPID poo poo YOU IDIOTS and it was just a thread of the mods posting screenshots of really dumb reports that got generated like "this poster posted anime despite being banned from anime posting 10 years ago"

i think cspam could use something like that, not because i think there's a lot of reports, but because there's probably some really funny dumb ones that get filed from time to time

currently like a fifth of the reports in the reports forum are from cspam and thats w 2-3 other subforums having what to my eye are unusually busy weeks, reports-wise

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

Squizzle posted:

currently like a fifth of the reports in the reports forum are from cspam and thats w 2-3 other subforums having what to my eye are unusually busy weeks, reports-wise

lol

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 196 days!

Crane Fist posted:

I'm doing my best to turn over a new leaf and yes I sincerely think you should step away from this one, no one is having a good time there

yes, this is wisdom

no more serious posting until I've had at least 10 hours of sleep

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Malleum posted:

I agree. Show us who the snitches are.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Request for Mod Feedback: Should I PM the D&D mod who keeps flagging aggo posting as "for CSPAM" and yell at him for treating CSPAM like it's a ghetto for angerposting which just gets us yelled at in QCS more or no.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Probably Magic posted:

Request for Mod Feedback: Should I PM the D&D mod who keeps flagging aggo posting as "for CSPAM" and yell at him for treating CSPAM like it's a ghetto for angerposting which just gets us yelled at in QCS more or no.

if you want them to ban you for “unrelated reasons” that sounds like a great idea. :v:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Just wanted to give twoday a thumbsup for learning and retracting a bad probation.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 54 days!
My feedback for the mods is maybe they should take a moment to reflect on what it means that they've allowed their feedback thread to turn into crazy cloud's magic card expo and whatever the rest of this poo poo is.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

croup coughfield posted:

My feedback for the mods is maybe they should take a moment to reflect on what it means that they've allowed their feedback thread to turn into crazy cloud's magic card expo and whatever the rest of this poo poo is.

what DOES it mean?

because to me it means that modding in cspam is such that when a mod feedback thread opens, no angry mob swarms it yelling and arguing and digging up people's old posts to make their insanely exaggerated points, because the modding is good and the forum runs well. rip to the angry mobs, i guess you lived as you died, mad on the internet?

anyway there's a hotline you can call, please check the op and leave your feedback!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Probably Magic posted:

nah, that isnt intended as a slight against cspam. almost all of the dnd mods were v active in cspam before modding dnd, and i think that all of them who arent dead are currently somewhat active here. (most of their forums-time is taken up by dnd these days, obv) they have no animus against cspam

dnd might be the most moderation-sensitive part of the forums—cspam has cultural mores that help steer things even in absence of moderation, gbs isnt as contentious regularly. dnd discourse is really really sensitive to the mods it has. i obv dont see every conversation that they have, but from what i have seen, the current dnd mods and iks are arriving to establish an environment that is fair, lively, but not “loose” in the way cspam is. when conversation in dnd gets loose or personal or w/e, cspam is a more natural fit for that. it isnt a slight against cspam; it is an expression of the limits of dnd

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Dustcat posted:

because to me it means that modding in cspam is such that when a mod feedback thread opens, no angry mob swarms it yelling and arguing and digging up people's old posts to make their insanely exaggerated points, because the modding is good and the forum runs well. rip to the angry mobs, i guess you lived as you died, mad on the internet?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I just don't know how I feel about every time someone saying "gently caress you" in D&D they're told to post in CSPAM. CSPAM isn't really the "gently caress you" zone, it's the joke zone, like imp zone to games, in my opinion, but there continues to be a lot of discussion of what (if at all) this forum is for and I hardly think I'm the sole arbiter of it. I dunno, I think it sends a bad impression of the forum to the rest of the site, but that's my opinion. I'll refrain. I will say I've had good conversations with GreyjoyBastard in the past about stuff. I'm not all spite and vitriol, lol.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I like to have fun in CSPAM

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Squizzle posted:

dnd might be the most moderation-sensitive part of the forums—... dnd discourse is really really sensitive to the mods it has.

That's an 'interesting' way to say that's a forum-wide Succ Zone that brutally guns down anyone left of Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. in hail of probation/ban bullets.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
What is a trundle, anyway

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DoubleDonut posted:

it’s right behind the grundle

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 196 days!

Probably Magic posted:

I just don't know how I feel about every time someone saying "gently caress you" in D&D they're told to post in CSPAM. CSPAM isn't really the "gently caress you" zone, it's the joke zone, like imp zone to games, in my opinion, but there continues to be a lot of discussion of what (if at all) this forum is for and I hardly think I'm the sole arbiter of it. I dunno, I think it sends a bad impression of the forum to the rest of the site, but that's my opinion. I'll refrain. I will say I've had good conversations with GreyjoyBastard in the past about stuff. I'm not all spite and vitriol, lol.

eh, we're in the midst of a political realignment that's catching me off guard in a lot of ways. i'm not sure if my instincts are correct about who has the correct take on a lot of things i considered settled. like i can't sustain my main objections to fyad in a "vs cspam" context, because the lines no longer lie where i thought they did. and i'm not sure if i'm right about it, and can't really evaluate whether it would be ultimately a good or bad thing even if my instincts are correct.

sorry if i'm wording this weirdly, i want to convey where i'm at without reigniting an earlier discussion. i'm not entirely sure if i'm in the right, and even less sure if whether i'm right about certain things actually matters that much anymore. the principles at stake are important, but i also think it's important not to make principles created in one context an obstacle to change in a newly emerging one.

and that's going to mean conflict, and a lot of that conflict is going to be dumb slapfights

given my posting today, none of that made sense and i apologize in advance.

Hodgepodge has issued a correction as of 01:59 on Dec 28, 2020

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I think what's important, to risk getting serious here in the joke forum, is to have some kind of faith that things will work out, as counterintuitive as that may seem. I can "not like thing" about various forums but also trust that, if the thing I don't like is a serious issue, it will be dealt with somehow one way or another, so it's not my responsibility to make sure something's done about it. This directly contrasts the "Be The Change You Want To See In The World" axiom all of us are given in school, and true, we do have to be the change we want to see sometimes, but not... every time. I guess it goes to the whole "positing is not activism" thing, which, no poo poo, but I think it goes a bit further than that, that things will rectify themselves. And if they don't... maybe we were the wrong ones? It's quasi-religious thinking, but I've been on a big religious kick lately and it's soothing me out.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 196 days!

Probably Magic posted:

I think what's important, to risk getting serious here in the joke forum, is to have some kind of faith that things will work out, as counterintuitive as that may seem. I can "not like thing" about various forums but also trust that, if the thing I don't like is a serious issue, it will be dealt with somehow one way or another, so it's not my responsibility to make sure something's done about it. This directly contrasts the "Be The Change You Want To See In The World" axiom all of us are given in school, and true, we do have to be the change we want to see sometimes, but not... every time. I guess it goes to the whole "positing is not activism" thing, which, no poo poo, but I think it goes a bit further than that, that things will rectify themselves. And if they don't... maybe we were the wrong ones? It's quasi-religious thinking, but I've been on a big religious kick lately and it's soothing me out.

i kind of think that a lot of it is that how powerless we are has never been more obvious, and the truth only matters if you have some form of power by which to express it. the best that's offered to us is acknowledging the manifestly obvious and then doing nothing about it. all we have anymore is anger and dumb jokes, and maybe we really need both of those things.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

DoubleDonut posted:

it's an extra bed that's under a normal bed and it pulls out for when a kid has a sleepover and the other kid thinks they're too good for the floor and the parents haven't learned to say no yet.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DoubleDonut posted:

a shopping cart

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 196 days!

DoubleDonut posted:

a miserable pile of secrets

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
once the d&d mods finish directing all the good posters to cspam, d&d will be closed and cspam made top level with one(1) duly elected poster being promoted to admin

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Hodgepodge posted:

want to check in because I am not ultimately objective

but I really do think the succ thread went full racist in my argument with them tonight, however poorly I may have made my own case

lol this is shameful

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 196 days!

Buck Wildman posted:

lol this is shameful

https://twitter.com/dril/status/460673146451161088?lang=en

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Buck Wildman posted:

lol this is shameful

in general, ‘just keep posting through it’ isn’t a very good strategy. sleep on it, chill and read some jojo memes, then decide if it’s something you want to keep fighting over once you have a clear head.

oh my god im agreeing with crane fist :magical:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 196 days!

Fly Molo posted:

in general, ‘just keep posting through it’ isn’t a very good strategy. sleep on it, chill and read some jojo memes, then decide if it’s something you want to keep fighting over once you have a clear head.

oh my god im agreeing with crane fist :magical:

no, they were actually right.

i'm not literally the wint joke i posted, but i'm a weird sort of person who used to argue with smg because i suspected he was onto something and wanted to figure it out. it's a lot more charming with him though, because when someone gets into a slapfight with smg, cineD gets more smg posts. unfortunately i no longer disagree with smg on anything substantial.

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

clockwork chaos posted:

C-spam's Daily Reading

Ace of Swords: victorious thoughts. Today is a day of leaning on your strengths, and catering towards your better judgement. Making the choice to be self-serving or selfless will be paramount.

Inverted 5 of Pentacles: isolated feelings. Today is a day of recovery and healing, of renewing your emotional balance. Let yourself rest and process what has happened, what is happening, and what will happen.

Inverted Fool: reckless action. Today is a day of acknowledgement of the past and mistakes that were made. Errors made in haste, overeager advancements and the like happen to us all, and the best way forward is to learn so as not to repeat them.

i like these, thank you

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
MORE VIDEOS

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
no self own bigger than posting in the succ thread

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Flavius Aetass posted:

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Flavius Aetass posted:

I'd like to contest this but I can't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006