Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

goferchan posted:

It's got single-use on it and I had a valkyrie so if I ever needed to cast it twice I could just revive her (are single-use spells supposed to be restored upon revive? I guess I just never noticed that interaction before) -- still died on level 19 when I couldn't roll that side after 4 rerolls in a row lol

edit: or was it the Rampage overriding Single-use? Never thought of that
IIRC how those two interact is that you can use the side again, except the side is now an X, so you'll only be able to use it with a duplicate (or hack, gather, glow or whatever else changes sides).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Arzaac posted:

IIRC how those two interact is that you can use the side again, except the side is now an X, so you'll only be able to use it with a duplicate (or hack, gather, glow or whatever else changes sides).

Gotcha, it must have been the revive then, because the side would get restored (unfortunately Rampage wouldn't let me cast it a second time that turn after the revive)

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Just got an unfair win not because of a broken item combo, but because Valkyrie + Wraith is an absurd pair. Valkyrie might be my contender for strongest tier 3 Grey, and once you've stopped someone from dying you can just cast Wraith's spell on them completely for free. My curses were 3rd Turn Grave and Pain Sides, relatively easy to handle.

It's funny, because I'd usually rate Wraith as one of the worst tier 3 Reds, but her usefulness skyrockets with Valk.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
This is quite genuinely the best mobile game I've ever played

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Somfin posted:

This is quite genuinely the best mobile game I've ever played

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Have got up to +3 item quality on my blursed run, feels great. Last cycle I rolled all over the Dragon I felt unbeatable. The +managain on left and middle sides item is awesome.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

The number of (well thought through!) features in this game, and the quality of the in game wiki, is something else.

On that note, how do you get the high level blessings?

Stirdog
Oct 11, 2012

My limited experience is that the higher level ones are upgrades that replace blessings you already have.

I was once offered a "random rank 8 blessing" as an alternative to two rank 4 options normally presented. This ended up being a direct upgrade to one I already had.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

They go all the way up to 20 though, what's that, +1 all sides?

e: actually 200!

distortion park fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Oct 27, 2022

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

distortion park posted:

They go all the way up to 20 though, what's that, +1 all sides?

+1 all sides is a level 8 blessing, I'm pretty sure. Got offered it once on Hard and crushed it.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

distortion park posted:

Finish a run with 12+ items. Either pick the "cache" blessing or do all the "good item for multiple bad item" swap offers, shouldn't be too hard.

This is proving more difficult than I thought. I thought I had a golden run then some group of Hydras tanked me. The damage they were putting out was insane for an Easy run, 10 at a time killing off 2 teammates at once and the most I could possibly block was 6 if everything lined up properly, so someone died every wave. I think focusing on volume over quality items hurts sometimes.

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!

New Leaf posted:

This is proving more difficult than I thought. I thought I had a golden run then some group of Hydras tanked me. The damage they were putting out was insane for an Easy run, 10 at a time killing off 2 teammates at once and the most I could possibly block was 6 if everything lined up properly, so someone died every wave. I think focusing on volume over quality items hurts sometimes.

Don't forget the only difference between easy/normal/hard is the blessing/nothing/curse, monster composition etc is otherwise unaffected. That said you shouldn't need to do much to get 12 items, since you will normally get 10 if you pick a single item every time so you only need to pick up 2 extra along the way, or hope you get a blessing on easy that gives you an item to start and then you only need 1 extra. I did it on easy with the blessing that gives you the angle wings item to start with.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Miftan posted:

+1 all sides is a level 8 blessing, I'm pretty sure. Got offered it once on Hard and crushed it.

That's level 16. I've gotten a level 30, and that was very good.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Miftan posted:

Yeah Eye of Horus is level 8.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

That's an item, not a blessing.

The Huge Manatee
Mar 27, 2014
Any chance of adding a Blursed-Hyper mode? Blursed is definitely the best mode but it can take a while to get going

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Here's the item/blessing to clear up confusion.

And another blessing to add more confusion.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Ebola Dog posted:

Don't forget the only difference between easy/normal/hard is the blessing/nothing/curse, monster composition etc is otherwise unaffected. That said you shouldn't need to do much to get 12 items, since you will normally get 10 if you pick a single item every time so you only need to pick up 2 extra along the way, or hope you get a blessing on easy that gives you an item to start and then you only need 1 extra. I did it on easy with the blessing that gives you the angle wings item to start with.

You get 9 items normally, not 10. There are 19 total rewards (for beating levels 1-19) and 10 of them are hero upgrades.

That being said, 3 extra items still isn't that much. Kill some mimics, take some challenges, take the double item occasionally...

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

There's also Face of Horus.

Perhaps we could get "rear end of Horus, +3 to the rightmost face" to round out the anatomy?

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Honestly have no idea what I chose over that, seems busted, must have been sweet though.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

If you were wondering how Coin and Lead Boots interact, it's not great.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Poopy Palpy posted:

If you were wondering how Coin and Lead Boots interact, it's not great.

Yup I got that, and next fight immediately changed inventory.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I've played too much loot and now keep picking 3rd item slot in blursed because you can have hella fun when you have heaps of items. This isn't such a great blessing when you don't have all the items though. Not a bad blessing so much as not the best use of one.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Imo it goes from mediocre to great once you have the +2 item quality blessing. High level items get super busted when you can combo them.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

Inceltown posted:

I've played too much loot and now keep picking 3rd item slot in blursed because you can have hella fun when you have heaps of items. This isn't such a great blessing when you don't have all the items though. Not a bad blessing so much as not the best use of one.

Third item slot is clutch in Blursed because you can take more cursed items and more easily cancel them out with other stuff

hito
Feb 13, 2012

Thank you, kids. By giving us this lift you're giving a lift to every law-abiding citizen in the world.

This is one of the most fun combos I've found. Made sure not to level Fey for the final fight so I could one-turn kill the dragon

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

This one was bonkers - by the 4th hit my wanderer was able to deal 200+ damage.

Steel to center, add 2 to incoming shields, self shield and self heal from enchanter.

Alucard fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Oct 29, 2022

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
I absolutely hate the feeling of starting a new blursed loop wondering how this bunch of level one losers without any items are going to survive all the curses I've stacked up and I can't get enough of it.

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!
Question is, do you choose no or never when you start a new loop?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Ebola Dog posted:

Question is, do you choose no or never when you start a new loop?

I press both at once and let fate decide

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
What's the quickest way to unlock loot mode? I'm sure I've had more than 12 items in a blursed loop, but I guess it doesn't count as a completion. Just do classic and hope for challenges?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Chas McGill posted:

What's the quickest way to unlock loot mode? I'm sure I've had more than 12 items in a blursed loop, but I guess it doesn't count as a completion. Just do classic and hope for challenges?

probably classic, easy, hope for cache? But yeah do challenges is the most reliable way probably.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Loot is tough. I've made it to 16 once. I just never get stackable items.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

My foolproof hexia strat: third spell free, and get an infinity

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

rip

Took the +bones in non-boss fights curse and immediately died to it

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I found loot pretty easy, you get 9? by default, and frequently it will offer 3 level 2 items instead of a level 6 or whatever, just do those, can always add on the monster challenges too. It definitely feels like you need to intentionally try for some of the achievements, and not due it in the middle of a promising run.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Oct 30, 2022

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I'm trying to get the achievement for an Unfair win in Generate and it's some true RNG pain. Sometimes the RNG will generate something stupid like a tier 2 grey that has 5 undying sides and sometimes it will just make a full spread of 1 point attacks of various types that generally accomplish fuckall.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Infinity Gaia posted:

I'm trying to get the achievement for an Unfair win in Generate and it's some true RNG pain. Sometimes the RNG will generate something stupid like a tier 2 grey that has 5 undying sides and sometimes it will just make a full spread of 1 point attacks of various types that generally accomplish fuckall.

Yea, it feels like I would have runs that die to a gnoll on generate because they have no way of punching through its armor. Too much emphasis on 1 point attacks, having 6 of them does not really make it any better. Even tier 2 or 3 can be pretty weak, with a single good side of 5 or 6 pips and then a bunch of garbage. I ended up beating it yesterday, mostly on the back of mild curses and decent items. My orange had 2 vulnerable on its left side, which I was able to double to 4 with the helmet. Between that and decent mana generation the team was able to blast through things pretty quickly once that side came up (final boss was dragon + friends).

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Oct 30, 2022

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Also, do the Brutal curses ever reset? I feel like I am semi soft-locked for it, where I cannot beat 3 rounds to reset them. I suppose I could try and brute force it, but I don't want to spend 10 hours just to have access to a gimmick game mode. It does seem beatable maybe, had an early run that only lost at ~8 because of a single instance of terrible rolling.

Edit: Like most things, complaining seemed to help, and was able to make it to the 4th round. Some of these curse combinations can be pretty brutal, I cannot help but think that many of them are probably half the point cost that they should be. Good luck getting past a cyclops/banshee every round with 7/4 more points of curse still needed with the level 1 heroes.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Oct 31, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

You can also get to level 10 in any other difficulty.