Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Don't sign your posts

Lololl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
That's tame compared to some of the PMs I've gotten lmao

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

big cringe my dude

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Seth Pecksniff posted:

That's tame compared to some of the PMs I've gotten lmao

It's less cringe than your average post, but the bar is higher outside gbs

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
What a nothingburger of a PM. You didn't even use the classic triple exclamation mark!!!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
drat saucy PM, OP.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Idk this is kinda like the Twitter files where it was all hyped up to be the mother of all drops and it turned out to be absolutely nothing

Smh at the promotion tactics sometimes

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I refuse to believe that Larry Parrish exaggerated what would constitute "one of the most mentally ill PMs I've ever received in my life". Shadow0 you must have posted the wrong PM or something. Or I guess Larry has only ever received just incredibly mentally healthy PMs prior to now, which would be such a blessed thing. Is that it?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Maybe Imp Zone only attracts mentally stable posters?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

ultrafilter posted:

Maybe Imp Zone only attracts mentally stable posters?

I have never been there, so that checks out so far.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

I refuse to believe that Larry Parrish exaggerated what would constitute "one of the most mentally ill PMs I've ever received in my life". Shadow0 you must have posted the wrong PM or something. Or I guess Larry has only ever received just incredibly mentally healthy PMs prior to now, which would be such a blessed thing. Is that it?

The tallest thing about Larry is this tale he’s told, you hate to see it

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

more falafel please posted:

The funny thing is I got multiple PMs from posters in there with good suggestions, including from one who had previously said "don't come here" in the thread

lol

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

There's a World Cup subforum that didn't exist when this thread was started. Does that count?

Mr. Mercury
Aug 13, 2021

LAN is a land of contrasts. The Chicago thread is great. A while back I was road tripping through New England and wanted a couple suggestions for COVID-safe stuff to do - a place to get lunch where we could eat outside somewhere cool, etc. The Boston thread is outwardly very hostile to tourists of any description, which is dumb, imo. The funny thing is I got multiple PMs from posters in there with good suggestions, including from one who had previously said "don't come here" in the thread

Sorry, Boston thread, you've got some tourist-loving softies in there. Oh, and the Cheese Shop in Concord did in fact kick rear end, thank you goon.

If we aren't outwardly hostile people will discover our darkest secret

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Mr. Mercury posted:

If we aren't outwardly hostile people will discover our darkest secret

All of you are budget rate new yorkers?

Mr. Mercury
Aug 13, 2021

We don't recognize the formerly Dutch city

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

ultrafilter posted:

There's a World Cup subforum that didn't exist when this thread was started. Does that count?

That's The Ray Parlour. It's normally part of SAS and was visited on 11/4, it's just been moved up to the Main area for the World Cup.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Seth Pecksniff posted:

All of you are budget rate new yorkers?

:wrongcity: etc., etc.

Doctor Yiff
Jan 2, 2008

LAN is a land of contrasts. The Chicago thread is great. A while back I was road tripping through New England and wanted a couple suggestions for COVID-safe stuff to do - a place to get lunch where we could eat outside somewhere cool, etc. The Boston thread is outwardly very hostile to tourists of any description, which is dumb, imo. The funny thing is I got multiple PMs from posters in there with good suggestions, including from one who had previously said "don't come here" in the thread

Sorry, Boston thread, you've got some tourist-loving softies in there. Oh, and the Cheese Shop in Concord did in fact kick rear end, thank you goon.

We want tourists to have a good time in our city, but that doesn't mean we like you and reserve the right to bitch about your presence endlessly

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Sailor Video Games posted:

We want tourists to have a good time in our city

Not possible as long as Logan stands

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
New thread is up! List of forum search tags

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
I want to make one more thread in GBS tomorrow before I consider it a full trip around. But now, I have made a thread in every subforum. :toot:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Huh. Congrats OP!

I can't remember if you're the first or second person* to have successfully made a thread in every single visible subform that allowed it, but you're certainly one of the few!

*I can't remember if Wayne Gretzky posted his balls in all the forums or some of them

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Well done goon! I've read maybe half of your threads and commented in a few.

:hfive:

Spoggerific
May 28, 2009
I didn't know Wayne Gretzky was a pig.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Congrats. This thread has been so much fun to follow!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

That's awesome, it's been fun to watch this whole thing unfold!

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
i'm pretty sure i voted 2 in every thread you made. let me know if i missed any

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

dee eight posted:

i'm pretty sure i voted 2 in every thread you made. let me know if i missed any

Thank you for your service. You may just want to check the OP and open each thread in a new tab to make sure you got them all. There will also be one more tomorrow. :2:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Good show, OP.

:golfclap:

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

hey congrats op on killing your journey! it's a flurry of new threads across the forums, and even tho I wasn't able to check in on more of them I think what you did was fun.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
It would've been easy to make a low effort post in every forum and call it good, but I liked your commitment to trying to match each forum's culture. It really showed that this project meant something to you

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Congratulations on your journey!I am not sure what you've won but it's probably cool.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

There are in fact three more forums you can post in, although you have little control over which.

Report someone's post. Your report creates a new thread in the mods-only Reports forum. A mod will eventually determine the report's disposition, after which it will be moved to one of Bullshit, Misc, or Resolved, each a subforum of the Reports forum. You'll forever have a thread in that subforum.

Additionally, I would like to make you a special offer. Please make a new thread in Trad Games, The Game Room, or Poker Is Totally Rigged, and then PM me. I will move that thread to Test/Moved, a hidden Mod subforum, where it will reside forever, locked away. (Any other mod could do this too, but I haven't asked anyone else, so if you want me to do it it's gotta be in a forum I moderate).

I believe you still have 10 more days in which to complete your journey. Let's get that done.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Yes I will take care of the reports, make three of them: one justified and actionable, one accurate but who cares, and one nonsensical and annoying

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
repor this post OP :flip:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
It's rare that a thread is an accomplishment. Cheers, OP.

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I will make you an actionable post.

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
pissssssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007