Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

b_d posted:

hang on. you posted this while playing JP?

someone is getting defensive about about their aids blood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I don't know if you've ever heard a saying about glass houses and throwing stones, but i think it applies here more than anything has ever applied anywhere before.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

b_d posted:

I don't know if you've ever heard a saying about glass houses and throwing stones, but i think it applies here more than anything has ever applied anywhere before.

im sorry, im unfamiliar with that one

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

b_d posted:

hang on. you posted this while playing JP?

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

bucklers club is hype, i looked at my stats and need to use drive rush way more

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

bucklers club is hype, i looked at my stats and need to use drive rush way more

You can see that poo poo in your profile in game I bet lol. Proving my point about the menus being absolutely ridonkulous.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

You can see that poo poo in your profile in game I bet lol. Proving my point about the menus being absolutely ridonkulous.

you can because i looked at it once, but dont ask me how to get back there

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
It tracks all kinds of crazy stuff from your last 100 matches like which supers you used the most, what kind of punishes you did, parry and drive impact percentages, etc.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i use a lot of super 1 because i use it in combos and also over buffer and send it out by accident

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

MeatwadIsGod posted:

It tracks all kinds of crazy stuff from your last 100 matches like which supers you used the most, what kind of punishes you did, parry and drive impact percentages, etc.
it tells you how long you've been in the corner and how long you've spent putting other people in the corner too which is really cool

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007
jp v blanka feels really bad for jp at first, but then you figure out the blanka secrets and the matchup entirely flips on its head to becoming awful for blanka. jp owns

Johnny Lee Wombat
Jan 1, 2010
I've been trying to level every character to Platinum, I got between Rookie and Silver in placement matches but mostly Iron, I've almost got everyone to Silver now though. JP's next.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

They placed me at Gold IV as Zangief.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Zangief is loving cool

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

fought up to silver last night. need to start using drive rushes more, struggling with characters like Jamie with really good space control. I'm having trouble with people jumping over me from close range, cause it goes right over rond-point

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

ArfJason posted:

Zangief is loving cool

I only got to do one SPD in the ten matches. :eng99:

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

anyone want to play some guilty gear..? just checking.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

b_d posted:

anyone want to play some guilty gear..? just checking.

Yup.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

IZI random VOD is up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26rOh5tD1W8

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i had someone hit me with an 80% combo with marisa and for the first time in my life i may have to say this, that character may be a bit overtuned

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I also noticed when a grappler gets in against my zoning he does a lot of damage. seems like a balance issue.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

dude, its 80% off one hit. zangief loving wishes

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

whatever. more gg anyone

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Arch Nemesis posted:

fought up to silver last night. need to start using drive rushes more, struggling with characters like Jamie with really good space control. I'm having trouble with people jumping over me from close range, cause it goes right over rond-point

Are you doing the EX version? That seems to work pretty close. Her crouching hp-hp target combo works great as a fast anti air too.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Are you doing the EX version? That seems to work pretty close. Her crouching hp-hp target combo works great as a fast anti air too.

Yeah this is my first sf and I've made it to mid gold with Manon using that as my only anti air. I'm gonna start mixing in the better AA command but the c. Hp hp can get you very far and is good for getting anti air timing without worrying about dropping inputs.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

I'm doing the ex yeah but by the time they're over my head it's too slow/they're too high. and I don't know how to time it against a cross up if that's possible. I think 4mk is the correct move for that situation maybe?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Anime notation? HP? MK? Bruh... back forward. Or else.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Arch Nemesis posted:

I'm doing the ex yeah but by the time they're over my head it's too slow/they're too high. and I don't know how to time it against a cross up if that's possible. I think 4mk is the correct move for that situation maybe?

I think most characters' ex anti airs will automatically switch sides if done late enough when someone tries to cross you up but I could be wrong there and timing is probably pretty tight to pull it off

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Anime notation? HP? MK? Bruh... back forward. Or else.

sorry. I move the horsey on the right side two forward and to the left

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

if someone is trying to cross you up either jump back jab, or if the character with a dp, do a crosscut motion (hcb motion and hit punch as they come down on the other side)

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

been playing manon so no dp but I'll try jump back jab, thanks

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

jab-jab crossup is definitely one of the early knowledge checks people love to drop online, so soon as you stop that they lose a huge part of their gameplan

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man

trying to jack off posted:

i had someone hit me with an 80% combo with marisa and for the first time in my life i may have to say this, that character may be a bit overtuned

The person I play against the most plays marissa, if she goes into round 3 with full super it's 2 easy hit confirms into death. Very fun. Definitely smiling after getting hit twice and dying.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Poco posted:

The person I play against the most plays marissa, if she goes into round 3 with full super it's 2 easy hit confirms into death. Very fun. Definitely smiling after getting hit twice and dying.

ive labbed most of the usual stuff that online players throw out on me, but youve still basically got to play perfect the moment they have level 3/ca active. i've also started using drive reversal just to get them off my rear end, because if you get pushed into a corner you're basically smoked if they're good at throwing command grab into the mix

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I wish perfect parry worked as well on blanka as it does on honda. alas

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2U3nex-8C4

rashid is definitely a character I'm going to play

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fake arabic font fail.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

did ken and roo placements...ryu's simply more fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

they let you drive rush cancel by tapping parry now which is sick, the forward forward motion was causing me to throw command normals accidentally way too much