Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
loving Louis can't catch a break man. I'm done giving a poo poo about Mike and Harvey, i only watch it for Louis and Donna now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
While I'll always feel pity for Louis cause :teamlouis:, I felt worse for his fiance, whose name I can't remember. She's giving up her career to be with him and he wasn't willing to sacrifice to be with her v0v.

Also this tuition drama is a bullshit filler since her daddy is rich.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
No but you see even rich people have problems like

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Didn't Rachel at some point distinctly say she didn't want to involve her dad and make it on her own or something?

Yes, whatever, it's dumb, but maybe it's consistent.

This episode had great Harvey faces though! The Louis hug and when he said he was exhibit A were funny as hell.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
Well, to be fair, Louis agreed to the condition that Pearson-Hardman would pay for Rachel's law degree. :smugbert:

patentmagus
May 19, 2013

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

While I'll always feel pity for Louis cause :teamlouis:, I felt worse for his fiance, whose name I can't remember. She's giving up her career to be with him and he wasn't willing to sacrifice to be with her v0v.

Throughout that scene I expected her to tell him that she doesn't want children because she's either post menopausal or because she's past the age where it's a healthy option for mother and child.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

JohnSherman posted:

Well, to be fair, Louis agreed to the condition that Pearson-Hardman would pay for Rachel's law degree. :smugbert:

You can be my lawyer, you don't even need a degree.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
i might be wrong, but wasn't Louis wearing his ~happy dance~ suit in part of last night's episode?

this suit vvvv
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyLo9N8VWBo

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
Finally caught up. Great episode. I really wonder if they will follow through with Mike taking this new job opportunity. If they do, it would probably be for 3-5 episodes max. (to open next season)

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Gotta be the worst week for Louis ever.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

PaganGoatPants posted:

Gotta be the worst week for Louis ever.

He had a small heart attack but he got to hug his best friend (and got hugged back!) and is still getting married, so it's probably a great week for him.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Drifter posted:

He had a small heart attack but he got to hug his best friend (and got hugged back!) and is still getting married, so it's probably a great week for him.

yeah i thought his engagement was effectively over.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

yeah i thought his engagement was effectively over.

Oh poo poo, I forgot about the kid thing. I only remembered she agreed to move.

:negative:

It's a terrible week for Louis. But for real though, you'd think the kids thing would have been discussed even in passing between two people in a relationship.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Damnit show, stop being mean to Louis :(

Also this tuition drama is a bullshit filler since her daddy is rich.

Drifter posted:

No but you see even rich people have problems like

Yeah how dare she just not call her rich daddy and have him pay for it. Doesn't she know her parents are rich and that she shouldn't bother trying to live her own life but just mooch off of them until they die? :rolleyes:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

VDay posted:

Yeah how dare she just not call her rich daddy and have him pay for it. Doesn't she know her parents are rich and that she shouldn't bother trying to live her own life but just mooch off of them until they die? :rolleyes:

I'm just saying that it's not "Drama" because there's a very billowy and willing golden parachute if she didn't get any concessions from the firm.

Also, there are student loans and all sorts of other things if she didn't want help from her parents, she'd be in debt, but at her new salary upon getting her new position it'd be relatively stressless to finish paying off.

The "Drama" is from Louis's casual disregard of her, but we've always known he was an opportunistic backstabber at random times.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Drifter posted:

I'm just saying that it's not "Drama" because there's a very billowy and willing golden parachute if she didn't get any concessions from the firm.

Also, there are student loans and all sorts of other things if she didn't want help from her parents, she'd be in debt, but at her new salary upon getting her new position it'd be relatively stressless to finish paying off.

The "Drama" is from Louis's casual disregard of her, but we've always known he was an opportunistic backstabber at random times.

Yeah the tuition drama was weird. A loan would've solved it easily + bonus when she was finished instead of getting it now. :shrug:

Also I hated how she was so indirect with Louis and now hates him for no reason. How the hell would he know wtf she was talking about.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

PaganGoatPants posted:

Also I hated how she was so indirect with Louis and now hates him for no reason. How the hell would he know wtf she was talking about.

Hi there's this HYPOTHETICAL problem this stranger who is unrelated to us has, what are your thoughts?
vs
Louis, Boss Lady denied knowledge of our tuition agreement when I got rehired and has refused to cover the tuition costs, can you help me with that? The first payment is coming up soon, you see.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Drifter posted:

Louis, Boss Lady denied knowledge of our tuition agreement when I got rehired and has refused to cover the tuition costs, can you help me with that? The first payment is coming up soon, you see.

Louis has heart attack and dies. :rip:

(Rachel logic)

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

VDay posted:

lol

Asking her parents to pay for law school is clearly "mooching off of them until they die".

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

lol

Asking her parents to pay for law school is clearly "mooching off of them until they die".

And it wouldn't even be asking them to PAY for law school, just pay for it NOW. I'm sure they'd work out a payment plan with little to no interest or something. That's what family does. They help out, especially if they're good for it.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
Mike's problem is a bit bizarre too considering how he can be very very wealthy at Pearson Spectre even if he doesn't have the title or recognition. Harvey will always compensate him as though he were holding a senior position if that's what his role eventually becomes.

His quip about there being no way down is even stupider since he could always go back to selling weed.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Ravel posted:

Mike's problem is a bit bizarre too considering how he can be very very wealthy at Pearson Spectre even if he doesn't have the title or recognition. Harvey will always compensate him as though he were holding a senior position if that's what his role eventually becomes.

His quip about there being no way down is even stupider since he could always go back to selling weed.

Well, he wants to be a lawyer, and have his work recognized. There's no way to do that given his situation. So he's sad. It's a legit issue for him.

Everybody enjoys being acknowledged for their craft.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Drifter posted:

Well, he wants to be a lawyer, and have his work recognized. There's no way to do that given his situation. So he's sad. It's a legit issue for him.

You'd think he'd be happy not going to jail and just live with it, but the show must go on!

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

PaganGoatPants posted:

You'd think he'd be happy not going to jail and just live with it, but the show must go on!

Oh sure, but it's less dumb than Rachel's :qq:my money:qq: drama.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Drifter posted:

Not drug dealers. Ironically, being acknowledged for that is what led to Mike getting his current job.

Also, Rachel is good enough to make Junior partner in ten years. Junior partners at Pearson make like 300k a year. If she just accepted money from her parents, she could pay them back by then. But they're her (rich) parents, so I doubt they'd even want the money back. They'd just be happy that she's successful.

Rachel is just acting like a dumb teenager. Walter White had the same mode of thinking and look how that turned out.

Ravane fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Mar 30, 2014

Cute n Popular
Oct 12, 2012
Mike won't ever be able to have any of his own clients or cases. If anything ever happens to Harvey he'll be an associate or out of a job. There's no job security or any where he could go. It's a pretty legitimate plot point and hopefully it won't be hand waived like a lot of other issues on the show.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
^^^ - Yeah, he wouldn't even be able to get a letter of Rec from them worth a drat, if something happened.

Nah man, if I'm selling weed I want people to know it's the kindest, most dankiest killer green out there.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Mar 30, 2014

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Cute n Popular posted:

Mike won't ever be able to have any of his own clients or cases. If anything ever happens to Harvey he'll be an associate or out of a job. There's no job security or any where he could go. It's a pretty legitimate plot point and hopefully it won't be hand waived like a lot of other issues on the show.

I don't think if Harvey had a heart attack and died Jessica would fire Mike. He's too useful.

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003
It can never be too cold.

PaganGoatPants posted:

I don't think if Harvey had a heart attack and died Jessica would fire Mike. He's too useful.
To me she seems like a cold and calculating person and I think she would be relieved to be able to drop this liability.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Dantes posted:

To me she seems like a cold and calculating person and I think she would be relieved to be able to drop this liability.

It feels kinda like it's a mexican standoff with nuclear weapons. Mutual destruction.

She's at risk if someone finds out he's been working at her firm as a lawyer. She'd be sued to oblivion, her license removed, et cetera et cetera.

She'd be betting that Mike wouldn't want to give himself up to ruin her, and that might not be a sure thing. I could see her peeling him off and making him a consultant for stuff, maybe, if she had her way. I mean, I could be a consultant for legal things, so long as someone wanted to pay me for my lack of knowledge.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Cute n Popular posted:

I think it's a pretty decent storyline, but I feel like dangling a job offer is the worst way they could have gone with it. The only logical conclusion is that Harvey shoots it down because a pre-employment background check would reveal that Mike doesn't have an undergraduate degree, which will result in Mike being a whiny shitheel like he always is.

Of course, since this is Suits, we'll instead get Mike angsting about this decision for the next two episodes. If he doesn't take it, there will be some stupid justification about how he'd rather be a fake lawyer and risk prison than go legit. If he takes it, typical USA status quo bullshit will result in him coming back to Pearson Specter because of ~loyalty~.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Preview for next episode showed that Mike is at least considering the job offer. I could see them having Mike take the job but going back for the next season.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this? posted:

Preview for next episode showed that Mike is at least considering the job offer. I could see them having Mike take the job but going back for the next season.

I bet Donna tells Harvey to nut up and don't let Mike go. They have a :h: to :h: brohug and that's that.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

PaganGoatPants posted:

I bet Donna tells Harvey to nut up and don't let Mike go. They have a :h: to :h: brohug and that's that.

Louis Litt wants in on that brohug. He will Li(f)tt you up in his loving embrace.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Cute n Popular posted:

Mike already has full access to clients and has taken solo cases. As long as he doesn't sign off on anything, nothing bad should to happen to him even if Harvey goes down given how useful he is to the firm.

JohnSherman posted:

I think it's a pretty decent storyline, but I feel like dangling a job offer is the worst way they could have gone with it. The only logical conclusion is that Harvey shoots it down because a pre-employment background check would reveal that Mike doesn't have an undergraduate degree, which will result in Mike being a whiny shitheel like he always is.

Of course, since this is Suits, we'll instead get Mike angsting about this decision for the next two episodes. If he doesn't take it, there will be some stupid justification about how he'd rather be a fake lawyer and risk prison than go legit. If he takes it, typical USA status quo bullshit will result in him coming back to Pearson Specter because of ~loyalty~.

The 'Mike is a fake lawyer' is seriously the worst ongoing story line that the writers keep shoving back into our faces. It adds nothing to the show and this latest part about Mike never being able to receive recognition for his work because it will out him doesn't even make sense. Mike actively talks to clients and other lawyers and he's already beginning to build a reputation for himself both inside and outside the firm.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Previously on Suits, some real depressing poo poo.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Louis' place is everything I assumed it would be.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this? posted:

Previously on Suits, some real depressing poo poo.

:smithicide: Louis

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jamey Sheridan looks really old now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Harvey you're a bad father. :colbert:

• Locked thread