Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Explain to me the difference

Crema is more watery. Deceiver said they cut down the sour cream with regular cream to make it and I have not reason to disbelieve him. But pretending like they aren't so similar as to be basically interchangeable 99% of the time (just use less sour cream and try harder when spreading it) is weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

that's not aburrito that's one of those loving wraps you could have gotten at mcdonalds

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Sheep-Goats posted:

Crema is more watery. Deceiver said they cut down the sour cream with regular cream to make it and I have not reason to disbelieve him. But pretending like they aren't so similar as to be basically interchangeable 99% of the time (just use less sour cream and try harder when spreading it) is weird.

I know the difference, but i don't think the whiny white guy actually does

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

Sheep-Goats posted:

Crema doesn't have a tang to it like sour cream does. If I forget to ask for something without crema, I scrape off what I can and tolerate it. With sour cream, I feel like whatever I'm eating is ruined, no matter how much I scrape off.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Wizchine posted:

Crema doesn't have a tang to it like sour cream does. If I forget to ask for something without crema, I scrape off what I can and tolerate it. With sour cream, I feel like whatever I'm eating is ruined, no matter how much I scrape off.

You seem like a healthy person with a normal attitude towards food

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Wizchine posted:

Crema doesn't have a tang to it like sour cream does.

It does tho

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

You seem like a healthy person with a normal attitude towards food

Thanks, I am.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I once knew someone who drank crema straight from the jar like milk. It was disgusting

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Sheep-Goats posted:

It does tho

If anything crema is tangier

It sounds like the whole thing is a psych issue

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i havent eaten a burrito in 8 days

this is what the jews must have felt like to have wandered in the desert

:sigh:

Prude
Nov 28, 2010

by Reene

Chinatown posted:

i havent eaten a burrito in 8 days

why​ though

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Prude posted:

why​ though

i dont know. gonna have to get a 'rito this week though

Prude
Nov 28, 2010

by Reene

Chinatown posted:

i dont know. gonna have to get a 'rito this week though

it better be a good one to make up for lost burrito time

maybe even have 2

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Prude posted:

it better be a good one to make up for lost burrito time

maybe even have 2

im gonna drive out of my way for a solid one. no doubt.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I'm sitting down for a proper meal at a mexican restaurant right now

Eat it, burrito plebs

Prude
Nov 28, 2010

by Reene
i had a carnitas burrito last night, ordered it wet which usually isn't my jam on account of usually getting my burritos somewhere that you don't sit down (and also it'd be weird on my typical cali b) but i was dragged out to Tony's Jacal (SD goons know what's up) for some occasion and figured i'd try it

it was good

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Soup is coming out

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Soup is coming out

Soup coming out is why I don't love chorizo burritos. Maybe I am doing it wrong but that soupy orange grease is hard to contain.

Prude
Nov 28, 2010

by Reene

...and the pitch! posted:

Soup coming out is why I don't love chorizo burritos. Maybe I am doing it wrong but that soupy orange grease is hard to contain.

do that thing pizza weirdos do and use paper towels to absorb excess grease before putting the chorizo in something

i don't know if it would make a difference, i just wanted a chance to make a jab at pizza dabbers

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

Sheep-Goats posted:

One of the cool things about this thread is you can read Great Deceiver's posts and realize that yeah, he's probably a much better cook than Moridin.

im putting "better cook than known shitposter moridin" on my resume. and yeah i still pay rent by cooking and likely will for a long time. i havent done mexican for a couple years but it's something i would like to get back into, especially mexican fine dining. mexican food is my passion, i made this thread totally unironically

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Ok now the rice course is here

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

the way you make crema is like 1 part sour cream, 1 part heavy cream. mix em together and let them sit at room temp for a day or two and then refrigerate to store. it should be a thinner consistency than sour cream and some of the acids should be neutralized so the tang shouldnt be as upfront but it should still be there. crema is based on sour cream but it is not the same thing.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Prude posted:

do that thing pizza weirdos do and use paper towels to absorb excess grease before putting the chorizo in something

i don't know if it would make a difference, i just wanted a chance to make a jab at pizza dabbers

I don't hate all orange greases.

And yes to gently caress dabbing slices.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
ive eaten two burritos this week so far

carne asada con queso, pico, and guac.

:discourse:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I am all lengua lately. I think it is because I only eat that meat in taco or burrito form.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

...and the pitch! posted:

I am all lengua lately. I think it is because I only eat that meat in taco or burrito form.

the only other time for me is korean bbq

its a great cut of beef

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Chinatown posted:

its a great cut of beef

Yum!

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
I had my first California burrito this week and started crying

Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice
I tried Oscar's Very Mexican in Sac and although they got the burrito proportions right I thought the seasoning was off and it ended up pretty bland. My favorite burrito in Sac now is from Super Tortas Chilangas "El Abuelo" on Franklin. They stuff em full of rice which I normally hate but they are so good I don't mind it.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

oscars has been very hit or miss lately. ive been going to los jarritos on broadway and franklin

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

whomupclicklike posted:

:negative:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

whomupclicklike posted:

Crying in anger or in shame?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i just bought a carne asada burrito with cheese

:discourse:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
eatin' a 'rito rite now AMA

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Chinatown posted:

eatin' a 'rito rite now AMA

wheres mine motherfucker

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

C. Everett Koop posted:

wheres mine motherfucker

at your local taqueria amigo!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Carne asada fries are good as long as the carne asada is good and the fries are acceptable. These are not particularly high bars to clear, but there are nevertheless some places that could not (e.g. In N Out does not have acceptable fries).

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
3AM carne asada fries just taste better for some reason. :munch:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Wizchine posted:

. With sour cream, I feel like whatever I'm eating is ruined, no matter how much I scrape off.

Lol please describe your history of mental illness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Jerome Louis posted:

I tried Oscar's Very Mexican in Sac and although they got the burrito proportions right I thought the seasoning was off and it ended up pretty bland. My favorite burrito in Sac now is from Super Tortas Chilangas "El Abuelo" on Franklin. They stuff em full of rice which I normally hate but they are so good I don't mind it.

I will check this out as I pass through Sac on the reg but stuffed full of rice is not a good omen.

• Locked thread