Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vanmani
Jul 2, 2007
Who needs title text, anyway?
Insert generic picture of NI Komplete and Ableton Live 8 here. As squidgee observed in the electronic music thread, NI Komplete is massively reduced to just $399 for July only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Wonder what bad-rear end bomb they're going to drop this summer?

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale

Rkelly posted:

Sorry man what happened, those are so nice for serato.

fake edit how much?

1298 out the door. I haven't had this much fun in a long, long time

Pokey Araya
Jan 1, 2007

SuicideSnowman posted:

Got a good deal on a used PRS Custom 24 on eBay. All I've got are the eBay pics at the moment:

I'm excited. This is my dream guitar. :3:

I normally don't like PRS, or flamed tops, but this guitar is awesome, that blue is perfect. You need to post some full body shots when you get it in.

SuicideSnowman
Jul 26, 2003

Pokey Araya posted:

I normally don't like PRS, or flamed tops, but this guitar is awesome, that blue is perfect. You need to post some full body shots when you get it in.

Yeah, the blue really stood out to me. I'll definitely post up some pics when I get it.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Oh hey, what's goin' on, Vox AC306TB?

English-made with Celestion greenback speakers. WAY TOO drat LOUD to play in the house, but I got this for gigging, which relegates my Peavey to in-house usage!

She lacks reverb, though. Any suggestions on pedals?

Pirateparty
Apr 12, 2007

Scurvy
Is that a Gibson? The sunburst looks gorgeous.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Pirateparty posted:

Is that a Gibson? The sunburst looks gorgeous.
Thanks! Yeah, that's my Gibson chambered 58 RI. The finish is actually more orange and less red than it appears in that photo. Here's a picture I almost got stung by many bees to take:

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003

melee beats posted:

1298 out the door. I haven't had this much fun in a long, long time

Very very nice. i think those scratch beautifully on youtube videos, plus mouseless serato is down with the sickness lol. I got omnisphere this week after those sick jordan ruddess videos on youtube. trying to get it setup in the next two weeks as my goto synth besides sylenth,fm8,gladiator, oddity, and robotronic on vocoder duty, picked up Urs Channel strip pro last month. Its so beautiful its my software liquid mix.

Getting an Apc40, presonus fp-10, nanofader to go with nanopad, native kontrol software for my nanopad, and sending my mg-1 to a tech to get it cleaned out. Mg-1 has the real moog lowpass. I am using it to run my software synths thru it as a cheap as moogerfooger lowpass for happiness.

Fm8 thru realistic mg-1 is a sight to behold. plus the sample and hold on the mg-1 is madness.

Getting this all finished before my gig at Mercy Lounge in Nashville on july 16. Should be rad any goons in Nashville come hang.

Rkelly fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Jul 2, 2009

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Yeah boyeee

and

Endless hours of entertainment

Coming Soon:

Any opinions on the KC-150? Is it worth the extra cash vs. the KC-60?

Vanmani
Jul 2, 2007
Who needs title text, anyway?

d0s posted:

Just depends what you need. For bedroom practice I can't imagine you'll need more than the KC-60 unless you want to plug more than three devices into it. If you want to jam with your mates I think you'll really appreciate the extra headroom that the 150 will grant you, and probably the extra channel (for vocals or whatever). The nice thing about a keyboard amp is it still sounds good when you turn it down, so it doesn't hurt to get bigger than you think you need just in case... whereas with guitar amps you get a big amp and then can't use it 'cos it's too loud.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

I brag about getting free drinks from my boss to make myself feel superior
Fun Shoe
I hear that Muscians Friend is having a private sale, if you say BLUE to them. Anyone know what the sale is? I would check but I'm at work : (

EDIT- I gave them a call nothing major they said that they would match any deal out there or something to that effect. And I guess there is another sale if you say RED, you save like 10% over 100$ and that scales up. Nothing cool like that Jag deal a few weeks ago.

Twlight fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jul 2, 2009

Computer Jones
Jun 22, 2005

d0s posted:

Yeah boyeee

Nnnnoice. Download the "Hypra ROM" sysex pack Yoozer uploaded- it's very nice.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2791601&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=49#post357491901

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.
The MPK25 is going to be $199 this weekend at GC. Fffffuuuuck. :(

Steiler Drep
Nov 30, 2004
what?

d0s posted:

I have it for a guitar+podxt setup and it's amazing. I sometimes use it for the whole band, including vocals, and it won't start distorting until it's around 90% volume in my case (which was only once on a PA-less show). Really recommend it, it's as clean as you can get for a good price and it gets really loud if you want it to.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

d0s posted:

My opinion is to hit Craigslist. I bought a KC-500 in great condition for $300 about a year ago. I use it with an EHX 2880 and Zoom G9.2tt to mix vocals, keyboard, guitar, and bass on the fly and it sounds fantastic.

Spammit
Sep 17, 2007
I just got a 6" Zildjian A Custom Splash off of ebay

$50 with no cracks, dings, or keyholing. Retail value for a new one is $90

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
Is there a place where you can buy Texas Special pickups individually instead of buying a whole set?

I only need the neck and middle because my guitar is HSS and I'm putting a Pearly Gates in the bridge.

e: I know I can get them on eBay but I was thinking more from a retailer. Don't really want to do the whole last minute bidding thing.

Thoogsby fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jul 3, 2009

kamapuaa
May 12, 2007
Bulbous, yet agile.

Carbohydrates posted:

Oh hey, what's goin' on, Vox AC306TB?

English-made with Celestion greenback speakers. WAY TOO drat LOUD to play in the house, but I got this for gigging, which relegates my Peavey to in-house usage!

She lacks reverb, though. Any suggestions on pedals?

I'm totally satisfied with my Malekko Spring Chicken:

http://www.malekkoheavyindustry.com/index.php?page=spring-chicken

Sounds magnificent, if you're looking for something spring-reverbish.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

d0s posted:

I've got a KC-60 and it's great for a microphone/acoustic guitar/keyboard/bass setup, but it really doesn't project that much volume. If you're figuring on playing anywhere that you'll really need to be heard over drums or an outdoor venue, I'd go for the extra volume. That aside, it's an awesome piece of gear. I use it for everything; guitar rig, iPod amplifier at parties, makeshift PA... if you can find a decent deal on craigslist or the like, consider yourself blessed.

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.

kamapuaa posted:

I'm totally satisfied with my Malekko Spring Chicken.
I totally would have gone with this if I didn't buy an amp with reverb built-in.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

quote:

Amp advice

After checking both out at a Sam Ash today, the KC-150 wins hands-down, I'll be picking one up as soon as I have the cash :D

EDIT:

Computer Jones posted:

Nnnnoice. Download the "Hypra ROM" sysex pack Yoozer uploaded- it's very nice.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2791601&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=49#post357491901

This rules.

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Boy, I wish we had one of those doomsday machines...

Carbohydrates posted:

Thanks! Yeah, that's my Gibson chambered 58 RI. The finish is actually more orange and less red than it appears in that photo. Here's a picture I almost got stung by many bees to take:

Does anyone else here Age of Aquarius in their head looking at this picture, or is it just me?

Computer Jones
Jun 22, 2005

d0s posted:

DX7 blah blah

Do you have a reverb pedal or something? The DX7 sounds great with some reverb :)

granpa yum
Jul 15, 2004

Spammit posted:

I just got a 6" Zildjian A Custom Splash off of ebay

$50 with no cracks, dings, or keyholing. Retail value for a new one is $90

I used to have that exact cymbal, I loved the sound so much. Someone stole it though and I've missed it ever since. Great buy!

Schatten
Jul 7, 2002

Das ist nicht meine
schnellen Rennwagen
Just ordered it. $299.99 shipped with gig bag.
MIM blackout tele. It's the friday call-in-only Musicians Friend special. They still have a few if you want one.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shalkore
Oct 11, 2007

Welcome to 2012!

Schatten posted:

Just ordered it. $299.99 shipped with gig bag.
MIM blackout tele. It's the friday call-in-only Musicians Friend special. They still have a few if you want one.

Now that is sexy lookin'. I've been thinking about getting a tele.

Pirateparty
Apr 12, 2007

Scurvy
Some more just for the hell of it :3

[own personal photobucket hosting]

Evil the Cat
Oct 18, 2001

make that shit sound like rock music!
That looks very loud.

Pirateparty
Apr 12, 2007

Scurvy
Dear heavenly gently caress yes

Rumpleforeskin
Mar 9, 2005

Very fun. Just wish it had an Exp Out for the LP filter. This thing is absolutely insane when thrown into a feedback loop with a phaser and delay.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Rumpleforeskin posted:

Very fun. Just wish it had an Exp Out for the LP filter. This thing is absolutely insane when thrown into a feedback loop with a phaser and delay.

:psyboom:

demo... now.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Computer Jones posted:

Do you have a reverb pedal or something? The DX7 sounds great with some reverb :)

Nope. Care to recommend a cheap one? The only "effect" I've tried with it is the overdrive button on a friend's crap guitar amp.

Rumpleforeskin
Mar 9, 2005

Scarf posted:

:psyboom:

demo... now.

Quick and dirty:

...and not in a feedback loop, but craziness nonetheless:

sinep
Feb 3, 2007

Rumpleforeskin posted:

Man when is that thing going to be in stock at Guitar Center?! I'm chomping at the bit to have a pedal buying spree, but I won't do it until I have one of those bastards! It's killing me!

Rifter17
Mar 12, 2004
123 Not It
Wheee I got three Lace Alumitone pickups!

That's my own hosting. I even have a more thorough review here: http://charlieboy.biz/alumitone/

Engine Fortegue
Feb 1, 2004

strap me down they must sedate me

poke me prod me irritate me

Rifter17 posted:

That's my own hosting. I even have a more thorough review here: http://charlieboy.biz/alumitone/

Holy God.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Korg Electribe Music Production Station EM-1, a groovebox that does things right.

Sampled drums, 50 waveforms for the two synth parts. Not too difficult to get good basslines going so this here's one helluva all in one box. Also fun, easy, comfortable to use. Only complaints I have is that mutes aren't saved, and that the third party power supply I got with it died for no reason. (e: Turns out the power supply handled 0.25A tops. Jesus christ. Picking up a 1A 9vDC in an hour.)

Got it for 150€, will do me good until I get an EMX, if at all. The drums are really, really good when you start using effects and tweaking them, thought I'd have to sequence my sampler from a few tracks of this but I'm fine with what's in this tiny box.

e: Bwahaha even this has the Korg M1 piano on it :D

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jul 6, 2009

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Rifter17 posted:

Soundclips!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glennnyc
Sep 20, 2001
Oh crap. On impulse I bought ANOTHER Peavey T-60 today. 215 bucks, no hardcase. Also recently picked up a non-master volume Ampeg V-4 for 500 bucks, but found out it needed 100 bucks worth of work. It is rocking my world now, though I need to check the impedance on my cab to make sure it's switched right. Pretty sure we had set it up for 4ohms. Pics soonish.