Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boogoose
Oct 5, 2003

GIVE ME THE CASH !
Inspired by the awesome robot race I decided have a crack at making a "cybernetic" trait. Fiddling around in the GECK, I've managed to work out how to make a new trait and assign abilities to it. Here's the flavour text:

quote:

You are fortunate enough to have been cybernetically enhanced. Less biology and more machinery means you are more resistant to toxins, but as a result all chems and stims are less effective. You are also vunerable to EMP, but have superior implant compatability. Long live the New Flesh!

I've set poison resist at 90, +2 to endurance (mainly so you can get the Tin Head and Manmachine perks from Project Nevada for more implant slots), and put EMP vunerability at 50. However, since I don't want to create a simple god trait, I'd really like to get the effects of chems and stims down to 50%, but I can't even begin to say how to do it in the GECK. Would it mean adding a custom script?

Keeping in mind actually adding physical changes to a character with the trait is way beyond my abilities, does anyone have any suggestions? Is the endurance increase the best way of increasing implant potential both in the vanilla game and PN?

Boogoose fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Sep 14, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogoose
Oct 5, 2003

GIVE ME THE CASH !
I think I have the right effects and values attached to the perk now. I assume both entry points refer to health recovered from stims and chem effects respectively, and setting them to .50 halves them. The GECK is surprisingly easy to use, which explains 90% of the mods on Nexus I suppose.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Haven't updated any of the mods in a while, and wow I heard the new Nexus was bad, but this really takes the cake. Who would design a website like this?

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Alasyre posted:

Strudel Man, I'm gonna go ahead and make the attempt to port Signature Weapons to Fallout 3, and most of the scripts are coming up without any errors, except one.

Line 68 in SignatureWeaponSettingsScript

This is coming up as a Syntax error, "reference not allowed in this context." Any idea what I'm missing?
That's kind of odd - all it's doing is sticking four quest variables into a message.

Maybe try changing the "%g" variable slot in the SignatureWeaponStats message to a %.0f? Only thing I can think of that might help.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
I'll give it another shot. Thanks.

Boogoose
Oct 5, 2003

GIVE ME THE CASH !
Okay, so I finished my Cybernetic trait. I tried to balanced the positives and the negatives, and the result is:

90% Poison resist: Hopefully this means that cazadors still sting, but are no longer a death sentence.

+3 Endurance: I hummed and hahed about how to realise "implant affinity", and this seemed to be the best solution. In the vanilla game, boosted endurance will mean a lot more implants from the clinic. In Project Nevada, you'll be able to qualify for Man Machine and Tin Head without too much trouble. Also I guess a cyborg would have a hardier system.

EMP vunerability: I set this at 90% to mirror the poison resist. Not sure how often EMP attacks come your way, but it seems a reasonable weakness for a cyborg.

Half-effect chems and stims: The main drawback of the trait. It makes sense that with less organic systems making you tick, these would have limited efficiency. The extra HP from the endurance boost gives you more health, but it's harder to recoup. The chem weakness can always be countered with Logan's Loophole if you are a dope fiend.

So, for a first effort, what do people think? Does it need more pros, or cons? Is it worth sharing on the Nexus? I've got the GECK bug now, I need to find another project that suits my limited ability.

Sam.
Jan 1, 2009

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:
EMP is a non-issue. I can't think of any enemies off the top of my head who use EMP weapons.

Boogoose
Oct 5, 2003

GIVE ME THE CASH !

Sam. posted:

EMP is a non-issue. I can't think of any enemies off the top of my head who use EMP weapons.

Yeah that's what I thought when I saw the Robot race. I suppose it does mean more caution with your own EMP grenades.

MadPierrot
Nov 4, 2009

we are all dead men on leave
It would be a really cool goon project to try and add some sort of depth to the Powder Gangers, or just Goodsprings in general. I'm sure a lot of people (myself included) would love to play an outlaw if it was a little more interesting and viable.

Skizot
Oct 23, 2006
HOW I MINE FROSTBOLT?

My load Order posted:

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
rePopulated Wasteland.esm
FOOK - New Vegas.esm
FOOK - New Vegas DLCs.esm
STRobot-Core.esm
Lombard Station.esp
Centered 3rd Person Camera - Unraised.esp
FOOK - New Vegas.esp
FOOK - New Vegas DLCs.esp
ExtendedNVRadio.esp
LegendaryHunter.esp
Better Binoculars High.esp
FNVEnhancedShaders - AA-DOF Enable.esp
OWB Valence Mask.esp
OWB Stealth Field Suit.esp
OWB Moddable FIDO.esp
OWB More Vendor Caps.esp
OWB Companion Teleport.esp
Western Sky.esp
STRobot-ChemImmunity.esp
STRobot-ArmorAdjustment.esp

Total active plugins: 28
Total plugins: 29

I recently added fook and now my saves just load forever without actually loading. anyone see an issue?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
^^^ Yeah, I see the issue - you installed FOOK. :haw:

MadPierrot posted:

It would be a really cool goon project to try and add some sort of depth to the Powder Gangers, or just Goodsprings in general. I'm sure a lot of people (myself included) would love to play an outlaw if it was a little more interesting and viable.

Make Goodsprings upgradeable. Invest in it to add more stores/services, clean up the busted abandoned buildings, recruit NPCs from other settlements to take up residents, hire protection for it, etc. It'd be fun, I think.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Skizot posted:

I recently added fook and now my saves just load forever without actually loading. anyone see an issue?

Can you start a new game? Or does it hang then, too?

Skizot
Oct 23, 2006
HOW I MINE FROSTBOLT?

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Can you start a new game? Or does it hang then, too?

new game works fine. but it'm losing 130~ hours if i start over.

MadPierrot
Nov 4, 2009

we are all dead men on leave

Naky posted:

Make Goodsprings upgradeable. Invest in it to add more stores/services, clean up the busted abandoned buildings, recruit NPCs from other settlements to take up residents, hire protection for it, etc. It'd be fun, I think.

Exactly. Maybe even get a sheriff for Goodsprings much like you can get one for Primm (in fact, if you use Primm Slim instead of Myers, give him the ability to become Goodsprings sheriff). Actually, now that I think about it, why not have the player be able to become sheriff?
And on the opposite end add a layer of civil war within the Powder Gangers so it would be possible for the player to take control of them and take them in a number of different directions.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

MadPierrot posted:

Actually, now that I think about it, why not have the player be able to become sheriff?

Because the PC tends to wander off?

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
Easy Pete is the only possible sheriff.

For real though, improving the area around Goodsprings should have some positive effects on the town. Things like clearing the Deathclaws out of the quarry and clearing the NCRCF out. Traders should start moving in, maybe creating a small caravan system in the area? Maybe even have people move back into Nipton to make a larger trade area.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Skizot posted:

new game works fine. but it'm losing 130~ hours if i start over.

I'm not sure how well old, FOOK-free saves work with new FOOK installs. You might try disabling the FOOK plugins, going to a different cell, saving, and re-enabling FOOK again. Maybe it doesn't like loading from wherever you're currently located (example, DLC areas.)

Otherwise, you might just have to accept starting a new game with an overhaul like FOOK.

Skizot
Oct 23, 2006
HOW I MINE FROSTBOLT?

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I'm not sure how well old, FOOK-free saves work with new FOOK installs. You might try disabling the FOOK plugins, going to a different cell, saving, and re-enabling FOOK again. Maybe it doesn't like loading from wherever you're currently located (example, DLC areas.)

Otherwise, you might just have to accept starting a new game with an overhaul like FOOK.

for shits and giggles i let it load. it took and HOUR AND A HALF. but it loaded and played fine. weeeiiirrrddd.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Boogoose posted:

Yeah that's what I thought when I saw the Robot race. I suppose it does mean more caution with your own EMP grenades.
Not really, as EMP grenades deal about 5 damage- their bonus damage is done via an enchant that only runs if the target's a robot or in power armour. The only weapon that deals any real amount of damage and runs of EMP resist is (AFIAK) the Tesla Cannon.

Vorgimmler
May 7, 2009

Alasyre posted:

Easy Pete is the only possible sheriff.

For real though, improving the area around Goodsprings should have some positive effects on the town. Things like clearing the Deathclaws out of the quarry and clearing the NCRCF out. Traders should start moving in, maybe creating a small caravan system in the area? Maybe even have people move back into Nipton to make a larger trade area.

Funny thing on that, clearing the deathclaws out of Junction Quarry has an effect elsewhere. If you go to the bar just outside of Boulder City before clearing it, it's empty as can be. After though, more people start showing up there, since they can get back to work. Bethesda should've done more stuff like that.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Vorgimmler posted:

Funny thing on that, clearing the deathclaws out of Junction Quarry has an effect elsewhere. If you go to the bar just outside of Boulder City before clearing it, it's empty as can be. After though, more people start showing up there, since they can get back to work. Bethesda should've done more stuff like that.

Huh, I always wondered why that bar was so useless/empty. Never figured it was because of the deathclaws at the quarry.

Sam.
Jan 1, 2009

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:
I wonder why that happens, but bombing the monorail and making peace with the Kings doesn't cause NCR soldiers to show up in Freeside.

Vorgimmler
May 7, 2009

Seashell Salesman posted:

Huh, I always wondered why that bar was so useless/empty. Never figured it was because of the deathclaws at the quarry.

It's actually explained by the bartender there. Basically, even thought Boulder City was blown to hell and back, the cement production facility there still works, and they use the limestone and other minerals from the Quarry to make cement for bunkers and other stuff for the NCR.

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006
Any idea's on why when I now try to start up NV with Nevet's font, my game crashes? I was fine and playing with it just yesterday.

Edit: Never mind I am dumb.

ShiningForceHero fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Sep 15, 2011

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Holy Hell. I was trying to find out if Horses were actually extinct in Fallout when I was working on the Lombard Station backstory. I never found a real answer...but I accidentally looked into Xibalba and I knew fear. I have found fallout related stuff worse than the Nexus. Behold, a 29-chapter audiobook My Little Pony/Fallout crossover. This...this is something. I don't know. I just don't know.

Prologue:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAsloDMO9Qk

Chapter 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=288FDea17Ks&

Find the other chapters from there. I

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Updated some mods I was using yesterday and decided to pay some New Vegas, but now the game crashes to the desktop whenever I load up my save. I turn on any new esp that were included with the new mods (Project New Vegas, Requiem for a Capital Wasteland, etc)

quote:

Fallout3.esm
FalloutNV.esm
Anchorage.esm
ThePitt.esm
BrokenSteel.esm
PointLookout.esm
Zeta.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
ClassicPack.esm
NVCE Main.esm
IWR.esm
More Perks.esm
NVInteriors_Core.esm
NVInteriors_WastelandEditon.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
SCAV.esm
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
WME - Dead Money.esm
WME - Honest Hearts.esm
WME - Old World Blues.esm
Lings.esm
Project Beauty.esm
headgearfix.esp
Weathered10mmFixes.esp
OFT_Base.esp
OFT_Base_Interiors.esp
OFT_HonestHearts.esp
OFT_HonestHearts_Interiors.esp
DarNifiedUINV.esp
IWR - Rebuilt.esp
Lucky 38 Suite Expansion.esp
Lucky38MarkerV3.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
ExtendedNVRadio.esp
Improved Sound FX.esp
Improved Sound FX - Gunshot Distance Tweak.esp
Improved Sound FX - Weapon Sharing Fix.esp
Improved Sound FX - DM.esp
Improved Sound FX - HH.esp
Improved Sound FX - HH Sharing Fix.esp
More Perks Update.esp
CompanionDe-Equip.esp
DeadMoneyCutOff.esp
Better Ammo Crafting.esp
old vaquero includes that gun.esp
that gun holdout.esp
Boacombat2glove.esp
BOAt51b.esp
Neckchains.esp
Tailor Maid - NV.esp
w44Satchels - Lite.esp
NVCE DLC01.esp
NVCE DLC02.esp
NVCE DLC03.esp
Feng Shui NV.esp
NVDLC02 Extensions.esp
PipBoyLightx2.esp
Color Me Evil - Cass.esp
No Weapon Remove Dead Money.esp
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
WME - Dead Money.esp
WME - Honest Hearts.esp
WME - Old World Blues.esp
SimpleStreetLights (Extra Lights).esp
Vurt's WFO.esp
F3NVProjectRealityMkIv3.esp
hairpatch.esp
GrimyBusinesswearFix.esp
UniversalPerkRequirements.esp
improved_shades.esp
QHHFollowers.esp
QDMFollowers.esp
improved_glasses.esp
Sink Vending Machine.esp
OWB Moddable FIDO.esp
OWB More Vendor Caps.esp
OWB Companion Teleport.esp
OWB Valence Mask.esp
Portable Bedroll - Well Rested - Indoors.esp
Better Companions NonEss.esp
Project Beauty- Broken Steel.esp
Project Beauty- Point Lookout.esp
RFCW_SuperMutantFix.esp
RFCW_Maks WorldSpace Weather fix for Requiem.esp
RFCW_MegatonFix.esp
RFCW_fix112crash.esp
RFCW_DuplicatePerksFix.esp
RFCW_fixRCcrash.esp
RFCW_SydneyPostMS15Fix.esp
CapitalTravelPoint.esp
RFCW_VegasTravelPoint.esp
RFCW - Beard Fix.esp
RFCW_RoomCrashFix.esp
RFCW_RoomCrashFixNew.esp
MissingMetalDoorFix.esp
RFCW_WeaponsAndArmor.esp
RFCW_PerkFix.esp
RFCW_MiscItems.esp
RFCW_Campfires.esp
RFCW_StaticToMisc.esp
RFCW_OWB_RoomCrashFix.esp
RFCW_PreWarBooksYearling.esp
RFCW_Minorfix.esp
RFCW_Ingestibles.esp
RFCW_Ingestibles_FO3Edit.esp
RFCW_musicfix.esp
RFCW_Crafting.esp
RFCW - Ammo Patch.esp
RFCW - Faction Fix.esp
RFCW_NewGame.esp
OldWorldBluesfix.esp
FO3Musicfix.esp
RFCW_FixF3MQLD.esp
RFCW - Point Lookout Patch.esp
RFCW_fixAnchorage.esp
RFCW_FixSlides.esp
RFCW_fixF3common.esp

Total active plugins: 121
Total plugins: 122

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur

Omnicarus posted:

Behold, a 29-chapter audiobook My Little Pony/Fallout crossover. This...this is something. I don't know. I just don't know.

I can't possibly imagine somebody sitting down, thinking up this combo, and then saying to themselves, "Yeah, alright, this could work." Like... is this serious? I can't listen to it right now as I'm just about to walk out the door, but I can't picture this being anything other than some massive joke with too much effort put into it.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Chinese Tony Danza posted:

I can't possibly imagine somebody sitting down, thinking up this combo, and then saying to themselves, "Yeah, alright, this could work." Like... is this serious? I can't listen to it right now as I'm just about to walk out the door, but I can't picture this being anything other than some massive joke with too much effort put into it.

Or someone from TCC.

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

we respect the antelope; for the antelope is not a mere antelope

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

Deleuzionist posted:

What the hell is that :ohdear:

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Capn Beeb posted:

I think it's an ICBM hitting Zion Valley.

Good riddance.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
If there is no option to ride that like a raging bull, failure. Complete and utterly.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Capn Beeb posted:

New in Lonesome Road:

- Unique NPC: Wile E. Coyote, Genius-At-Large

- Unique Merchant: Acme Industries

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Capn Beeb posted:

Obviously... it has begun :ohdear:. The bighorners have declared war!

hunted by a freak
Sep 3, 2011

Omnicarus posted:

Holy Hell. I was trying to find out if Horses were actually extinct in Fallout when I was working on the Lombard Station backstory. I never found a real answer...but I accidentally looked into Xibalba and I knew fear. I have found fallout related stuff worse than the Nexus. Behold, a 29-chapter audiobook My Little Pony/Fallout crossover. This...this is something. I don't know. I just don't know.

Prologue:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAsloDMO9Qk

Chapter 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=288FDea17Ks&

Find the other chapters from there. I

I don't know if it's canon or not, but in the All Roads comic it shows NCR soldiers riding horses.

I really love Lombard Station as well. Was there any plans on adding a DLC weapon wall in an update?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

hunted by a freak posted:

I don't know if it's canon or not, but in the All Roads comic it shows NCR soldiers riding horses.

I really love Lombard Station as well. Was there any plans on adding a DLC weapon wall in an update?

And Armory support too, or so he's said!

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Yup. I'm done with DM and HH's support modules and I'm working on OWB's. If I possibly can I'm going to try and get them out by tomorrow because I'll be away on business for a week starting Saturday.

hunted by a freak
Sep 3, 2011

That's great. Thanks for all your hard work (and you too Naky, the Armory is pure quality.)

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Strudel Man posted:

I think it's an ICBM hitting Zion Valley.

Good riddance.

That's a short-ranged missile. An ICBM on terminal approach would be just the warhead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

That's great. Thanks for all your hard work (and you too Naky, the Armory is pure quality.)

Not yet it isn't. 2.5 has a staggering amount of quality-control type fixes and improvements across the board. The changelog is absolutely staggering.