Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

ECRC staff just got +10 points in my book.

So they should be at -4990 overall then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Nick Soapdish posted:

So they should be at -4990 overall then

Heh. Sent they day at 1100 isn’t so bad.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Claytons Mexican takeout for Cali-mex food

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

When we picked up the airwing in San Diego my friends always liked to go to Rei Do Godos . It is a Brazilian Steakhouse. Spendy, but had some great times there. It was the celebration location for the end of deployment vegan challenge my best buddy and I did.
https://reidogado.net/

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/BDHerzinger/status/1215670043935154177

Cool that USFFC is hiding CENTCOM mobs under NORTHCOM since those are ~*~worldwide deployable*~*

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Well I’m getting sent home for two weeks between classes. Finally got a boots on ground date too. Everything only got pushed back 40 days lol

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

Well I’m getting sent home for two weeks between classes. Finally got a boots on ground date too. Everything only got pushed back 40 days lol

Hopefully your NOSC is cool and just endorses your orders both arriving and departing your first day back. Did have to do anything with them besides getting my flight to Ft Jackson

Kalessin ofSelidor
Jul 28, 2019

Workin gurl

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/BDHerzinger/status/1215670043935154177

Cool that USFFC is hiding CENTCOM mobs under NORTHCOM since those are ~*~worldwide deployable*~*

Is there a before/after version of that? I know there’s probably a googleable answer but uh... rabbit holes I don’t wanna go down lie that way.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Have my DD-214. Definitely wish I had joined the French Legion, but big ups to everyone who is contributing to the Navy's mission. This work is critical and I wish I had seen a little of what it's really all about. Namaste.

The Valley Stared
Nov 4, 2009

maffew buildings posted:

Have my DD-214. Definitely wish I had joined the French Legion, but big ups to everyone who is contributing to the Navy's mission. This work is critical and I wish I had seen a little of what it's really all about. Namaste.

Great to hear, man. Take it easy for a bit and relax.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

maffew buildings posted:

Good for you. Go find something where you can actually personally make a difference and/or be fulfilled instead of being a replaceable cog in an idiot machine.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

maffew buildings posted:

Grats buddy
Been quite a journey

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

When one of you idiot officers makes CNO shut down the NCF and save yourself a few hundred million.

edit: Thank you for nice words. I have a plan, it's all good. I'm not leaving the military, I like the service a lot. I just didn't have a fun time in the Navy and got held up a few years due to manning policies from doing what I wanted.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

maffew buildings posted:

When one of you idiot officers makes CNO shut down the NCF and save yourself a few hundred million.

edit: Thank you for nice words. I have a plan, it's all good. I'm not leaving the military, I like the service a lot. I just didn't have a fun time in the Navy and got held up a few years due to manning policies from doing what I wanted.

Army?

Coast Guard?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

Army?

Coast Guard?

Space Force?

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

maffew buildings posted:

I'm not leaving the military, I like the service a lot. I just didn't have a fun time in the Navy and got held up a few years due to manning policies from doing what I wanted.

:ohdear: Oh no, they learned nothing.

I went into the navy after getting seriously disillusioned with the marines... one of my biggest gripes being that I didn't get to do the work I had signed up for. At least the corps bullshit didn't include any manning policy issues - did't have to deal with that until I got to experience the joys of PTS.

Wherever it is you are going, please for the sake of your own sanity, get in contact with somebody that actually does the job you are trying to get and find out the real deal. Both day-to-day job stuff as well as overall [insert branch] related crap.

The bullshit may be a different (hopefully better for you) flavor, but the portions will likely remain the same size.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

My orders got modded so now I’m in Norfolk for a few weeks for some various DC classes. Then I’m going home for like 18 days and back to Norfolk!
Pushed back only 40 days. Home before Christmas at least.
Maybe.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Yeah already done everything you stated and have had mentors in that world for years. I literally just got jammed up by lack of waivers and later manning policies or I would have been gone from USN years ago. Mr Nice! can vouch for me on this one, it's been years in the works. I appreciate the concern but it's all good.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Cool. Just gotta make sure you aren't about to fall into the same traps I did. Good luck!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Hobo on Fire posted:

Cool. Just gotta make sure you aren't about to fall into the same traps I did. Good luck!

Oh no, he's definitely falling into all the same traps. He just wants to jump out of a helicopter and shoot guns and will do anything necessary to achieve his dream.

Geizkragen
Dec 29, 2006

Get that booze monkey off my back!
Wait Seabees don't fast rope and shoot poo poo?

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
Seabees do shoot ancient carry handle-equipped M16's but your average Seabee would swallow his giant lip full of copenhagen when his 250 lb bulk hit the deck if he tried fastroping

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I could make an effort post about how toxic the Seabee community is but whatever negative things you may have in mind about it, it's a lot worse.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Join the Marine Corps and give up whatever rank you earned in the Navy. I can teach you machine gunnery if you want.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
Hey Navy thread. Long time no see. I'm drunk in the middle of command pipeline again. It still sucks so far. :lol: that I made it this far. Also I was hoping the Ravens would blow out the Titans and gently caress me.

Whelp, that's my story, thanks for reading.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

ManMythLegend posted:

Hey Navy thread. Long time no see. I'm drunk in the middle of command pipeline again. It still sucks so far. :lol: that I made it this far. Also I was hoping the Ravens would blow out the Titans and gently caress me.

Wanna play some magic at the prerelease?

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

LingcodKilla posted:

I'm on Arena now because lol at trying to maintain physical collection to play standard at this point.

PM me your name on Arena and I'll def play some lovely janky poo poo with you.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

LingcodKilla posted:

New Theros is gonna be lit.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

ManMythLegend posted:

Got him.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

This morning traffic to Norfolk is bizarre. Effectively paralyzed at 0530 but last week 0730 was breezy.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Lol nevermind. The class didn’t have us on the list and apparently there was a medical form we needed first.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
Every DC trainer class ever. Should we figure out why this happens literally every single time? Never. Let the commands suffer until they get it right!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

LingcodKilla posted:

This morning traffic to Norfolk is bizarre. Effectively paralyzed at 0530 but last week 0730 was breezy.

Busy bases will always have a small traffic jam in the ~5-7am timeframe because most sailors are coming to their ships with enough time to eat/get ready before 7:30 quarters.

The main gate into JBPHH in hawaii has a mile long line at 5:30am but is basically empty by the time you hit 7. If you're rolling on base at 7, you're probably late.

LingcodKilla posted:

Lol nevermind. The class didn’t have us on the list and apparently there was a medical form we needed first.

:lol: the reserves never change.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Norfolk has been extra rough in the morning the last week or so, really long lines compared to normal.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Like many other things, I do not, and will not ever, miss the morning commute to base.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Driving to NOB is fun because 15 minute departure difference can result in getting to the ship 45 minutes early or 15 minutes late

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Why in the living gently caress if I’m medically cleared to go to a ship do I need a separate screening to do the training for emergency’s on a ship?

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk

Geizkragen posted:

Wait Seabees don't fast rope and shoot poo poo?

No they shoot rope and poo poo fast & furious.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

LingcodKilla posted:

Why in the living gently caress if I’m medically cleared to go to a ship do I need a separate screening to do the training for emergency’s on a ship?

Medically cleared on a ship means that you can survive at sea without any major complications.

DC trainers will actually put you in a flooding room or in a room with a fire and poo poo. It's possible to be fit enough for a ship, but not fit enough to be in a flooded room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Like many other things, I do not, and will not ever, miss the morning commute to base.

Three carriers in port at North Island and sitting in dead stopped traffic on the Coronado bridge at 630 am weeping and howling in impotent rage mm mmm