Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

96 spacejam posted:

Good to know, thanks. So you can save for the next week? Your earned credits don't reset at all? Just want clarification on that before I go HAM on crates.

Yeah. Crates are lame mostly though. None of the clothing is particularly good and it all gets covered by school shooter coat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

96 spacejam posted:

What's the deal with crates? I always get reset to the 1st one @ 700. Sometimes I can get the 2nd one @ 1,400 but never past that. Do they just reset or not go past 2? I have 3K+ credits or whatever right now and I can only get the 700 crate. Not really a big deal just curious cause I love hats.

edit: nvm. Just saw on their FAQ that they reset weekly. Doesn't say what day though. Anyone know?
sunday

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Nevvy Z posted:

Yeah. Crates are lame mostly though. None of the clothing is particularly good and it all gets covered by school shooter coat.

I'm kind of hoping once they get the performance issues nailed down that they'll add some whimsical/silly things, and/or cosmetics that don't get overwritten by the clothes you pick up.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

XTimmy posted:

Anyone got a .ini tweak to disable SSAO? Don't mind the DOF/HDR/Bloom but if I set post-processing above Very Low I can see SSAO coming into play and I know I'm losing 20FPS to that fake shadows poo poo.

lol at thinking you're losing 20 FPS to SSAO in a deferred rendering pipeline smdh

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

emanresu tnuocca posted:

What do you use to lean right?

F.

E to interaction is where it's at. Mouse4 (thumb position) for inventory. Literally just click it and run through a room and see everything. Tab for map. tilde ` for autorun. Your welcome.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Celery Jello posted:

I'm kind of hoping once they get the performance issues nailed down that they'll add some whimsical/silly things, and/or cosmetics that don't get overwritten by the clothes you pick up.

I'm sure we'll see weaopn skins at some point.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

So the Groza can take an AR silencer, but not an AR compensator? Weird.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Snapes N Snapes posted:

So the Groza can take an AR silencer, but not an AR compensator? Weird.

According to the thread it has a built in compensator. So you can have both

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Is an SR compensator worth a drat in any context except "I don't have a supressor yet?"

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

Dyz posted:

According to the thread it has a built in compensator. So you can have both

Oh shi-

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Nevvy Z posted:

Is an SR compensator worth a drat in any context except "I don't have a supressor yet?"

It makes the SKS good.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Nevvy Z posted:

If you're shooting the SKS it's what you want over the flash hider. Actually, all the comps are better than the flash hider version in terms of recoil and spread reduction; the only benefit is the lack of muzzle flash.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Is there an update gun tier list? More just out of curiosity. I go AK/SCAR with whatever shotgun. I'm not very good at sniping so I pretty much only equip anything above 4x to scout areas before charging in with a barrage of nades and my shotgun.

Also I know the game is pretty straight forward and having playing a ton of H1 and roughly 50 hours in PUBG I kinda know what to do. Still not great but if there are any recommended tips and tricks articles or videos out there I'd like to check them out to see what I'm missing.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Fans posted:

Stun grenades are criminally good. They're pretty much the one stop counter to people camping doors and stairs that no one ever uses.

7 Seconds blind and 9 seconds deaf? Yes please.

ya but sometimes they just dont work. ive been flashed effectively zero times by enemies but 2-3 times by friends

warburg
Jan 9, 2007

Is there any greater thrill in this game then punching a gun-wielding player to death with your fists?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8-H9kyVV_c

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
I know it's been discussed but grabbing a couple cars and plugging the bridge is hilarious. Also fun to watch motorbikes go cartwheeling after you blast the rider

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Verviticus posted:

ya but sometimes they just dont work. ive been flashed effectively zero times by enemies but 2-3 times by friends

They only got a 5 meter range. Which is still a lot more than Frags, but not as massive as people expect.

Not sure if they still go through walls though, they used to.

XTimmy
Nov 28, 2007
I am Jacks self hatred

ALFbrot posted:

lol at thinking you're losing 20 FPS to SSAO in a deferred rendering pipeline smdh

I used to be nerdy enough to understand these things, now I feel like an old man who's worried about his DVDs getting worn down like his VHS tapes.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I kinda wanna play more aggressively and fight constantly in the early game. I like to have a strategy in mind when I hit a hot town e.g. drop northmost 2 story in pachinki, loot up, go house to house south and kill everyone in my way.

What's the best way to approach military base, georgepol, and pachinki with the mindset of "kill everyone until circle makes you move?"

Apologies in advance if this discussions been had already. Just let me know how far back to look.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Viva Miriya posted:

What's the best way to approach military base, georgepol, and pachinki with the mindset of "kill everyone until circle makes you move?"

You answered your own question.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

You answered your own question.

If it's that simple then heh. I'm liking east side military base, apartments rozhok, and I don't bother loving with georgepol at all except in squad games.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Viva Miriya posted:

If it's that simple then heh. I'm liking east side military base, apartments rozhok, and I don't bother loving with georgepol at all except in squad games.

I love the north side of Georgepol. It's easy to see where people land and they always go to the 4 story buildings. Take note of which they go to. Avoid these buildings and go to the garages and little houses between them. You can get a load out much quicker, then take that gun to the 4 story building you saw someone run into. They aren't paying attention.. ever. They think they're safe. I can't tell you how many people I've killed while they're on the 3rd story looking at the inventory or tunnel visioned on getting loot.

Some of the garages have cars now and then. If not you can always find a boat by the bridge that connects north and south Georgepol. Now get into the circle.

Edit: Also I assume most of us have 2 monitors. Have one of the interactive maps up on your other screen for car spawns. I like https://pubgmap.io/ but there are a few others out there but this one seems pretty on point.

96 spacejam fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jul 1, 2017

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Viva Miriya posted:

Jump across the roofs of the six white apartment buildings and surprise people from above using the railings. N georgepol is simple and pretty boring because of the forced routes out to get to any other part of the map imo

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Also N. georgepol is a great place to not find a vehicle and get circle hosed

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Willfrey posted:

Also N. georgepol is a great place to not find a vehicle and get circle hosed

There is always a boat somewhere between N and S Georgepol.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

96 spacejam posted:

I love the north side of Georgepol. It's easy to see where people land and they always go to the 4 story buildings. Take note of which they go to. Avoid these buildings and go to the garages and little houses between them. You can get a load out much quicker, then take that gun to the 4 story building you saw someone run into. They aren't paying attention.. ever. They think they're safe. I can't tell you how many people I've killed while they're on the 3rd story looking at the inventory or tunnel visioned on getting loot.

Some of the garages have cars now and then. If not you can always find a boat by the bridge that connects north and south Georgepol. Now get into the circle.

Edit: Also I assume most of us have 2 monitors. Have one of the interactive maps up on your other screen for car spawns. I like https://pubgmap.io/ but there are a few others out there but this one seems pretty on point.

I haven't had a second monitor for a hot minute but I'll definitely keep that in mind.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Did anyone have issues today with the ranking not updating? It's been 4 hours and two matches I played never really counted.

XTimmy
Nov 28, 2007
I am Jacks self hatred
Things to remember: Pulling the pin on a grenade then swapping weapons will not put the pin back in that grenade. It WILL swap your weapon though!

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Elentor posted:

Did anyone have issues today with the ranking not updating? It's been 4 hours and two matches I played never really counted.

poo poo happened to me on my first CD. Fortunately they reset the leaderboards shortly after. Looks like you got screwed, which is really unfortunate because everybody on discord is talkin mad poo poo about ya

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

XTimmy posted:

Things to remember: Pulling the pin on a grenade then swapping weapons will not put the pin back in that grenade. It WILL swap your weapon though!

lol

also i love the micro uzi early game

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
I was in a house backed up against a wall with a window. There's some dude coming at me and it's early game so all I got is a 1911 and a frag. I go to throw the frag into the hallway and my dude cocks his arm back to throw and his arm clips through the window. Apparently grenades have collision immediately because instead of getting thrown into the hallway my grenade hits the window and goes rolling down the hill outside. This game is janky as poo poo and I love it.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
After pretty much never shooting anyone out of a moving car before I had a game yesterday where I shot 4 guys out of moving vehicles consecutively, one with a VSS as he was fleeing away from me, got his scar and then shot a motorbike rider as he was gunning to run me over and 2 more guys right afterwards, one from 300m away with a 2x in a dacia just as he was scaling a hill to get out of sight, the "You killed X..." message was a total surprise to me.

If I could just be a little consistent in this game and retain some sort of mental calm when I'm in a fire fight I might eventually win a match. who knows though.

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!
Ugh, why the hell did they add a burst fire mode to the UMP? Who the hell wants this? Was 'holding down the fire button, but not too long' really asking too much?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

literally this big posted:

Ugh, why the hell did they add a burst fire mode to the UMP? Who the hell wants this? Was 'holding down the fire button, but not too long' really asking too much?

Ive already died once to "got it in single shot oh poo poo i hear close steps time to go full auto" *switches to burst fires 2 rounds immediately dies while wondering why gun no shoot*

Suck rear end fire mode

Managed to get glock with extendo and suppressor twice and then never getting to use it :argh:

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

literally this big posted:

It's only gotten me killed once but burst fire is the silliest poo poo. I get it on the M16. Single shot and 3 round burst are the only thing that gun is capable of IRL and it adds a neat gameplay wrinkle but on everything else why? Just tap the trigger.

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!

Jerkface posted:

Ive already died once to "got it in single shot oh poo poo i hear close steps time to go full auto" *switches to burst fires 2 rounds immediately dies while wondering why gun no shoot*

Suck rear end fire mode

Managed to get glock with extendo and suppressor twice and then never getting to use it :argh:

Yeah, forgetting that there's a burst mode is a real bitch. The whole point of a fire selector is it allows you the capability of both a long- and close-range gun in a single weapon. Adding another fire mode to scroll through essentially doubles the time it takes to switch to full auto, especially since you have to complete the first switching animation before beginning the next, and at that point you may as well just switch to a different weapon entirely.

It's a minor nit-pick, but it really bugs me because it adds absolutely nothing of value to the game, and only serves to get in the way. It's not like you can't just pop off a few shots in full-auto mode anyways.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Won 4 out of 5 games in a row today. 2 duos, 3 squads. Get on discord, play with us.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Hi, can someone post some good videos or streams of this game? Preferably full matches instead of highlights.

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope
I know I'm late to tech chat but, if I have 8 GB of RAM, how much do I want to dedicate to PUBG in the launch options?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avian Pneumonia
May 24, 2006

ASK ME ABOUT MY OPINIONS ON CANCEL CULTURE
My favorite guaranteed vehicle spot changed! Are there any updated maps with car spawns?

• Locked thread