Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hunted by a freak
Sep 3, 2011

Naky posted:

Not yet it isn't. 2.5 has a staggering amount of quality-control type fixes and improvements across the board. The changelog is absolutely staggering.

Still better than 95% of things on the nexus. I don't even really like weapon mods much and I enjoy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug

Naky posted:

Not yet it isn't. 2.5 has a staggering amount of quality-control type fixes and improvements across the board. The changelog is absolutely staggering.

Ooo, I'm excited. I think I'm going to wait for Lonesome Road, the compatibility patches for the stuff I already got, Armory 2.5 and maybe Requiem for a Capital Wasteland before starting the one true mega-playthrough.

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur
So hey, does a mod already exist that lets you craft low-light vision or night vision or whatever into the Desert Ranger helmet? I figure that since the NCR version has it, it should be capable of it too. I saw some mod somewhere that basically did this but also did some other dumb stuff and did so automatically. I'd just like something simple where I can put it on a workbench with some energy cells or a fission battery or something and essentially recharge the dead battery or whatever.

I seem to recall reading something like this before, but it may have been for adding something else to the ranger helmet, and that may have been the NCR version.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Chinese Tony Danza posted:

So hey, does a mod already exist that lets you craft low-light vision or night vision or whatever into the Desert Ranger helmet? I figure that since the NCR version has it, it should be capable of it too. I saw some mod somewhere that basically did this but also did some other dumb stuff and did so automatically. I'd just like something simple where I can put it on a workbench with some energy cells or a fission battery or something and essentially recharge the dead battery or whatever.

I seem to recall reading something like this before, but it may have been for adding something else to the ranger helmet, and that may have been the NCR version.

I'm not sure how well it works, and there must be standalone mods that do it, but Project Nevada adds night vision and similar modes to some high-tech helmets. Desert Ranger Combat Helmet should be supported with the DLC patch.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Ever since FO3 I have suspected over and over that enemies randomly become invulnerable during certain animations, today I saw an unarmored jackal member take 3 20 gauge slugs to the back from about 2m without taking any damage (as in, they were one 1 bar of health and didn't die). Are we meant to only shoot the enemies "when they are ready" or what?

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
I've put more than 1 round into someones back from a distance and nothing happened to them aside from them going into the 'under attack!' animations. I think what happens is, you manage to hit whatever weapon they have slung over their shoulder and hanging down their back.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

King Doom posted:

I've put more than 1 round into someones back from a distance and nothing happened to them aside from them going into the 'under attack!' animations. I think what happens is, you manage to hit whatever weapon they have slung over their shoulder and hanging down their back.

This can and definitely does happen, I've never outright seen enemies go invulnerable except as a result of an extremely rare bug that causes them to be totally unkillable and I've sunk like 500 hours into both fallout games.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Can't say I've ever seen enemies go invincible, even for a split second...

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

King Doom posted:

They had a weapon in their hand so I don't think this is it. Every time it's ever happened for me the NPC was picking something up or in some kind of stun animation etc. I don't think I've ever seen it when they were standing still or running/shooting.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
There's a rainbow of mods for darker/more realistic/less orange lighting and the like, is there anything that makes the game brighter? I don't know if it's my crappy monitor or my crappy eyes but I can't see poo poo in New Vegas. Also, how do WMX and WME compare?

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Only time I've ever seen an enemy go completely invulnerable after spending an ungodly amount of time in New Vegas and FO3 was a random unkillable Powder Ganger popping up in between Goodsprings and the prison. It was that one spot on the road where there's a camper, a couple of dead mercenaries and their brahmin, and a couple of Powder Gangers milling about.

He was unarmed, unanimated and standing in the road about up to his knees. Even though my reputation with the Powder Gangers was about as low as it can go, he didn't react to me standing right in from of him. Couldn't target him with VATS. It wouldn't even come up, like he wasn't there at all. Shooting at him from any distance did absolutely nothing. Didn't even make a sound like it was hitting him so I tried a little experiment: I made a companion stand on one side while I fired at him from the other. The bullet actually passed through the Powder Ganger and hit my companion. Then I tried to punch him and the game crashed. Upon loading up my last save and going to the same spot, he didn't spawn in. Probably one of the weirder glitches I've run across in my time with New Vegas.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Seashell Salesman posted:

They had a weapon in their hand so I don't think this is it. Every time it's ever happened for me the NPC was picking something up or in some kind of stun animation etc. I don't think I've ever seen it when they were standing still or running/shooting.

If you are in VATS, your character may halt firing while watching the cinematic reaction to a critical hit or crippling hit. Other sources of damage still apply during this, your firing just pauses for a moment.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Come across a few unkillable enemies... At least one was a powder ganger down by Jean Sky Diving, but I seem to recall 2 or 3 times its happened with geckos, usually in the hills west of the road between goodsprings and primm (lone wolf radio, etc) I can target them in VATS, but when I shoot them, nothing happens. Shoot them some more, nothing. Shoot them with 40mm grenade, and they're still just standing there; at this point I just give up and head off on my way.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
I rarely run into an invulnerable - when it happens, they're usually frozen in place, ranged/melee/explosives do nothing. Companions will aggro on 'em, though, as will creatures/NPCs - I've seen about half of Forlorn Hope go rampaging east down the slope because of one frozen Legionary.

It's totally random - however, if I'm close enough to 'em when I save, reloading will still have an enemy statue present. :stare:

It would *really* suck if they were invulnerable and otherwise functioning - I have enough issues with named quest NPCs wandering off to get killed. (Why the gently caress did Canyon Runner and Decanus Severus decide to stroll up to Novac? I hadn't even fast-travelled, which sometimes causes things to spawn in unfortunate areas, like a Giant Radscorp at Mojave Station.)(Last game, I found Alice Hofstadtler <sp?> brawling with Lakelurks along the road to Hoover Dam.)

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

YggiDee posted:

There's a rainbow of mods for darker/more realistic/less orange lighting and the like, is there anything that makes the game brighter? I don't know if it's my crappy monitor or my crappy eyes but I can't see poo poo in New Vegas. Also, how do WMX and WME compare?

I would definitely look for contrast / brightness settings before I looked for brightness mods.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

YggiDee posted:

...it's my crappy monitor

Well, I think we found the culprit here. Don't underestimate the cost of a quality monitor - color, brightness, etc are all serious factors in the purchase of a monitor.

Chuck Finley
Oct 27, 2010

Went to try out the Dead Money DLC, but it's loving CTD'ing everytime during that opening sequence with the raiders, anyone else have this problem?

e: I executed BOSS through the actual exe rather than FOMM and it worked, although during the attack I used my 30 seconds of usual no crash time and ran as far as I could expecting it to crash, and it didn't. I guess it's possible it was just a scenery glitch? Whatever, fixed now.

Chuck Finley fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Sep 17, 2011

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Ugh. I opened New Vegas from Steam and went into the options, changed the texture detail and the tree LOD distance, and now my game crashes on load of every save. New Game works. Disabling all mods and blanking the INI files so they'd auto-generate yields the same result. Letting Steam verify integrity spotted two files out of sync, but fixing that gave no benefit.

Reinstallation time! I'm impressed that the first party settings adjustments are what finally caused it to kick the bucket for good.

Also, one of the out of sync files won't sync up, and restoring my old settings profile did not help. I thought it might've been due to increased cell/grid loading, but nope.

Chronojam fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Sep 17, 2011

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Seashell Salesman posted:

Ever since FO3 I have suspected over and over that enemies randomly become invulnerable during certain animations, today I saw an unarmored jackal member take 3 20 gauge slugs to the back from about 2m without taking any damage (as in, they were one 1 bar of health and didn't die). Are we meant to only shoot the enemies "when they are ready" or what?

I've shot people point blank with no effect. I always attributed it to the game being buggy as gently caress.

That being said, damage calculation in these games is a joke. Get something that bumps damage up like 300% and go crazy. Since I started replaying FO3 with FWE's global damage bumped up to the max, I've spent most of the time screaming at my monitor and sprinting away from certain death. I can't tell if I'm having fun.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Naky posted:

like did you know half the weapons still had non-functional eject ports (some of them still do) and 3/4 of them had holes in the mesh / wrong texture faces

also we had a month where after a long cycle of screaming (mostly me screaming at naky) it turned out that fnvedit (that hasn't been updated for a long while) was causing all of our collisions making us (mostly me) have to use geck to change things :suicide:

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Yeah, really. In hindsight, 2.0 is a virtual clusterfuck of poo poo gone wrong. No joke people, there's a lot of fuckups with it due to a serious lack of testing that has since been rectified. In other news, the last stage of Armory development has begun (rebalance overhaul, esp updates, updated DLC support, and leveled list updates) as PoliceAutomaton has finished his script to implement the sound entry requirements we wanted for the weapons that will now allow for easy, unique weapon sound modifications to the pack. As I said before, we won't release a sound pack for it, but the tools will all be there for others to do it if they wish to.

We're a bit behind where we wanted to be for release, but then again the tired but true statement of 'it's done when it's done' will always still apply.

Robotic_Towel
Sep 1, 2005

Not Machine Washable
Can anyone recommend some respectful female armor/clothing? There's only a few really decent ones on the Nexus that aren't just strings of clothing. Problem is, I've used them all a shitload, and am looking for something different.

My other, more important question, is there a way to reset Honest Hearts? First time I played it, it got hosed up and I had to kill everyone. I didn't care at the time, but I'm coming close to exhausting the quests in the full game, so I'd like to re-do Honest Hearts without making a new game. Possible?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Robotic_Towel posted:

Can anyone recommend some respectful female armor/clothing? There's only a few really decent ones on the Nexus that aren't just strings of clothing. Problem is, I've used them all a shitload, and am looking for something different.

My other, more important question, is there a way to reset Honest Hearts? First time I played it, it got hosed up and I had to kill everyone. I didn't care at the time, but I'm coming close to exhausting the quests in the full game, so I'd like to re-do Honest Hearts without making a new game. Possible?

What would happen if you disabled Honest Hearts, saved your game, re-enabled Honest Hearts, and loaded your save? I've never tried this myself...

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

Robotic_Towel posted:

The Genox Riot Armor is now in female form. I used TGs Armor for a female character a while back:

:clint:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

What would happen if you disabled Honest Hearts, saved your game, re-enabled Honest Hearts, and loaded your save? I've never tried this myself...

He'd lose every item and quest that it added. It's the main method of updating large quest mods, which the DLC all counts as.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Schubalts posted:

He'd lose every item and quest that it added. It's the main method of updating large quest mods, which the DLC all counts as.

So then it'd work? I'm so smart. :c00lbert:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Re-posting this because nobody helped me last page. Updated some mods the other day and now the game crashes upon loading my latest save.

quote:

Fallout3.esm
FalloutNV.esm
Anchorage.esm
ThePitt.esm
BrokenSteel.esm
PointLookout.esm
Zeta.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
ClassicPack.esm
NVCE Main.esm
IWR.esm
More Perks.esm
NVInteriors_Core.esm
NVInteriors_WastelandEditon.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
SCAV.esm
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
WME - Dead Money.esm
WME - Honest Hearts.esm
WME - Old World Blues.esm
Lings.esm
Project Beauty.esm
headgearfix.esp
Weathered10mmFixes.esp
OFT_Base.esp
OFT_Base_Interiors.esp
OFT_HonestHearts.esp
OFT_HonestHearts_Interiors.esp
DarNifiedUINV.esp
IWR - Rebuilt.esp
Lucky 38 Suite Expansion.esp
Lucky38MarkerV3.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
ExtendedNVRadio.esp
Improved Sound FX.esp
Improved Sound FX - Gunshot Distance Tweak.esp
Improved Sound FX - Weapon Sharing Fix.esp
Improved Sound FX - DM.esp
Improved Sound FX - HH.esp
Improved Sound FX - HH Sharing Fix.esp
More Perks Update.esp
CompanionDe-Equip.esp
DeadMoneyCutOff.esp
Better Ammo Crafting.esp
old vaquero includes that gun.esp
that gun holdout.esp
Boacombat2glove.esp
BOAt51b.esp
Neckchains.esp
Tailor Maid - NV.esp
w44Satchels - Lite.esp
NVCE DLC01.esp
NVCE DLC02.esp
NVCE DLC03.esp
Feng Shui NV.esp
NVDLC02 Extensions.esp
PipBoyLightx2.esp
Color Me Evil - Cass.esp
No Weapon Remove Dead Money.esp
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
WME - Dead Money.esp
WME - Honest Hearts.esp
WME - Old World Blues.esp
SimpleStreetLights (Extra Lights).esp
Vurt's WFO.esp
F3NVProjectRealityMkIv3.esp
hairpatch.esp
GrimyBusinesswearFix.esp
UniversalPerkRequirements.esp
improved_shades.esp
QHHFollowers.esp
QDMFollowers.esp
improved_glasses.esp
Sink Vending Machine.esp
OWB Moddable FIDO.esp
OWB More Vendor Caps.esp
OWB Companion Teleport.esp
OWB Valence Mask.esp
Portable Bedroll - Well Rested - Indoors.esp
Better Companions NonEss.esp
Project Beauty- Broken Steel.esp
Project Beauty- Point Lookout.esp
RFCW_SuperMutantFix.esp
RFCW_Maks WorldSpace Weather fix for Requiem.esp
RFCW_MegatonFix.esp
RFCW_fix112crash.esp
RFCW_DuplicatePerksFix.esp
RFCW_fixRCcrash.esp
RFCW_SydneyPostMS15Fix.esp
CapitalTravelPoint.esp
RFCW_VegasTravelPoint.esp
RFCW - Beard Fix.esp
RFCW_RoomCrashFix.esp
RFCW_RoomCrashFixNew.esp
MissingMetalDoorFix.esp
RFCW_WeaponsAndArmor.esp
RFCW_PerkFix.esp
RFCW_MiscItems.esp
RFCW_Campfires.esp
RFCW_StaticToMisc.esp
RFCW_OWB_RoomCrashFix.esp
RFCW_PreWarBooksYearling.esp
RFCW_Minorfix.esp
RFCW_Ingestibles.esp
RFCW_Ingestibles_FO3Edit.esp
RFCW_musicfix.esp
RFCW_Crafting.esp
RFCW - Ammo Patch.esp
RFCW - Faction Fix.esp
RFCW_NewGame.esp
OldWorldBluesfix.esp
FO3Musicfix.esp
RFCW_FixF3MQLD.esp
RFCW - Point Lookout Patch.esp
RFCW_fixAnchorage.esp
RFCW_FixSlides.esp
RFCW_fixF3common.esp

Total active plugins: 121
Total plugins: 122

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Rirse posted:

Re-posting this because nobody helped me last page. Updated some mods the other day and now the game crashes upon loading my latest save.

Your previous post indicates you had installed / updated Project New Vegas (I assume you mean Nevada) and RFCW, which are two large and complex mods. Does your game CTD when starting a new game? I'd recommend loading up your load order in FNVEdit and searching for serious conflicts between mods. Bear in mind that you're using a lot (121) of plugins, so it's more or less impossible for us to look at your load order and give you an accurate solution. However, I wouldn't be surprised if your recent updates and installations forced you to start a new game.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009

Rirse posted:

I have over 100 plugins.

First of all, you're using RFCW which is still highly unstable and messes with a lot of things in your game. Second, you have a metric-ton of plugins, gamebryo becomes more unstable with the more plugins you have.

It's probably like cream of plenty said, an update is forcing you to start a new game. Either way, I suggest scrapping RFCW because it's an Alpha mod and adds a ton of plugins. Having used it myself before, it's extremely buggy and last I used it Honest Hearts was completely broken and there was no way to play it (without using a fresh install).

I think in order to help avoid problems like these in the future, the OP should be edited to add a warning that the mod is likely to cause instability and bugs in your game.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I don't want to start a new game. And I can't turn off RFCW, as I did that previously trying to fix the issues with the SINK AI in Old World Blues. Removing the mod clears all your quest, level, and character status, leaving them a generic male, even if you were playing female.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Rirse posted:

I have this issue, even after removing all my mods and reinstalling and redoing all my INI files and even with re-doing certain settings and mods that would make a save not load. Without RFCW, also. Oddly, my saves from my last heavily-modded playthrough still work, but nothing from CASM will load and I used CASM exclusively this time :(

Oh well, Lonely Road is in a couple of days.

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006
I am currently getting a crash whenever I am disarmed upon entering The Fort. I am wondering if there are any known items added by a mod that would cause a crash like this. I am using Project Nevada, The Armory, AG Uniques and both New Vegas Bounties.

ShiningForceHero fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Sep 17, 2011

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

My greatest apologies to anyone waiting for the 04 release of Lombard Station this weekend. There were a few bugs with the OWB content that I couldn't track down before I had to leave for a business trip. Once I get back next weekend I'll try to finish testing OWBs, put together LR's module, and get it out.

For what it's worth, I think it will be worth the wait.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Why is it that the Survivalist Bunker is the only house mod with an auto-stocking "Ready bag" feature? For it's simplicity and lore-friendliness, it's already my favorite but it's not very popular on nexus compared to like Underwater/Underground hideout which have excessive features but no Ready bag somehow?

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Omnicarus posted:

My greatest apologies to anyone waiting for the 04 release of Lombard Station this weekend. There were a few bugs with the OWB content that I couldn't track down before I had to leave for a business trip. Once I get back next weekend I'll try to finish testing OWBs, put together LR's module, and get it out.

For what it's worth, I think it will be worth the wait.

Suggestion, what about some sort of hydroponics area? So you can harvest some basic plants or something. Alternatively be able to plant stuff to grow what you want but I imagine that'll be a lot harder than just putting a plant there in the first place.

Mikael Kreoss
Feb 13, 2011

by Fistgrrl
So, Signature Weapons is p. much the greatest mod. I just did the math, and I can have 92.5% crit chance (without pumping luck) outside of VATS with Lucky, and deal 250 damage a shot :shepface:

(Of course this involves having like, 10 levels on the gun, which is 550 kills with it, but still. Also, may as well throw in some of the hand-load ammo to bump it to 337.5 and -17 DT if you include, for the sake of hilarity, all of the -DT signature perks.)

The Legendary Bloatfly would go down without even needing to reload. :allears:

Chuck Finley
Oct 27, 2010

Can anyone recommend a good overhaul mod in terms of game play changes?

Originally I was infatuated by Project Nevada, but I soon realized it was way to simple and changed the games mechanics way to much to culminate an overall ultra-simplistic style of mechanics that the player would have at his disposal (Bullet time, sprint, implants). Not only that, the implant system, although unique and fun, was in it's own way, overpowered. I would find an implant randomly on my travels at level 5, and be able to sell it for about 6-7k, which would pretty much mean I'm rich and there is nothing to expensive for me to buy, and this is about 30 minutes into the game.

I looked at Arwen's Realism Tweaks a little bit, but it seems it evolved from it's original state of "tweaks" to a full blown overhaul that changes a great deal, has anyone tried this and had any experience with it? Also there is XFO, but again, haven't tried it, although from looking at it, it looks like it hasn't been updated in a couple months, is the development still active?

e: Maybe I'll just end up tweaking the values edited in the game play overhaul module of PN.

Chuck Finley fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Sep 18, 2011

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.
sup

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

What is this thing you've made and how can I get one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.
I'll post a link here when it's done (it's a retexture of the default sniper rifle in the game)