Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Fiend Computer posted:

Except then he gets crushed by a rock.

Yep.

Motherfucking Araki

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i mean, yeah, johnny is relatively alright at the end of steel ball run, but i mostly mean an ending where the majority of the main cast are still kicking around. like part 4. there's guaranteed to be some deaths, but since jojolion doesn't have a zeppeli it's hard to tell who might bite the dust.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Yep.

Motherfucking Araki

Hey, at least he gets with the cute Japanese girl and helps create the best and most insane family

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

You're correct. Gappy's Josefumi Kujo's Stand is cool & powerful & obviously has a serious junk

Dead men have no stands except Carne who does.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Fiend Computer posted:

I try to treat stories as self-contained, because this line of thinking leads to not enjoying Part 3 and 4 because you know Jotaro gets his brain sliced in half and then brutally time murdered in a few years, and you're one step away from just lamenting the ephemeral nature of all human endeavour.

In the context of SBR, Johnny achieves his dream and lives happily ever after and that's the tone the story ends on even if it is a bittersweet prize which probably wasn't worth the cost.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Fiend Computer posted:

That rock was doing him a favor, did you see that hat he was wearing? Just awful.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He would later die of a cold (rock)

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Dead men have no stands except Carne who does.
Do not take this away from me Josuke Higashikata

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Soft and Wet is Josuke's, Josefumi has an inferior version of it and the pomp as well as being a dead man. :colbert:

Josuke's has inherited best from best boy Kira Yoshikage and Killer Queen.

Thank you for existing, Kira Yoshikage, you beautiful also dead man.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Rohan Kishibe posted:

I try to treat stories as self-contained, because this line of thinking leads to not enjoying Part 3 and 4 because you know Jotaro gets his brain sliced in half and then brutally time murdered in a few years, and you're one step away from just lamenting the ephemeral nature of all human endeavour.

In the context of SBR, Johnny achieves his dream and lives happily ever after and that's the tone the story ends on even if it is a bittersweet prize which probably wasn't worth the cost.

I mean you can look at that, but it does fit the overall theme of the Joestar bloodline never having peaceful lives. The only exceptions are what, Joseph, Josuke and maybe Gio? Generally all the Joestars live lives of turmoil and then die brutally. I don't think, say, Jotaro getting murked at the end of part 6 makes what he does throughout 3 and 4 any less important, that is just how his character ends.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Fiend Computer posted:

I mean you can look at that, but it does fit the overall theme of the Joestar bloodline never having peaceful lives. The only exceptions are what, Joseph, Josuke and maybe Gio? Generally all the Joestars live lives of turmoil and then die brutally. I don't think, say, Jotaro getting murked at the end of part 6 makes what he does throughout 3 and 4 any less important, that is just how his character ends.

That's almost half of the jojo's. And who knows, maybe by the end of Jojolion Gappy will live a pretty great life as well.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Soft and Wet is Josuke's, Josefumi has an inferior version of it and the pomp as well as being a dead man. :colbert:

Josuke's has inherited best from best boy Kira Yoshikage and Killer Queen.

Thank you for existing, Kira Yoshikage, you beautiful also dead man.

all pomps are beautiful

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Some more so than others.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/ebihsiknahor/status/716770183059103744

Finally

(It also spoils the next UJ cover probably. The Pinksuke/Yasuho drawing is new)

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Pomp posted:

all pomps are beautiful

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Fiend Computer posted:

It is a blood curse surmounting time and space all the way down from the original JoJo: Joshua ben Joseph.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
Do you think all of the Angelo stuff can be stuffed into one episode, or is he going to be a two-parter?

Can't wait for Okuyasu to get in and it can start being Brojo Adventures.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

they could totally handle angelo in a single episode. most of the fight, at the very least. if anything the story about the arrow could start the episode after, leading into the brothers right afterwards.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There wasn't a ① around the episode name so it probably finishes up this week.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I'm banking on okuyasu for week three, hopefully more oku in the preview next week. They've done a good job of low-key hyping him for me; at least, that's how I'm interpreting what they've done with him thus far ;)
(I know they just didn't because he's not in the first few episodes, same as rohan!)

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
The Rohan stuff is interesting because he doesn't come around until like halfway through the series, doesn't he? He's a late addition, at least. I get that he's super important to the plot but putting him heavy in the advertising is interesting to me because it'll be awhile before the payoff.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nah he's like at the start of the second third. Either directly or shortly after RHCP.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Rohan was the last instance of "What did you say about my hair!?" iirc, and I remember them dropping that bit before Kira was really a thing.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Chilli > Shizuka > Rohan > Ratt > Reimi > Harvest > Kira > Cinderella > Sheer Heart Attack

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Rohan just isn't around all the time. He's like Batman in JLU where he never officially signs up to the league, but he's one of the good guy team anyway.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
You could probably stuff the majority of the Angelo fight into one episode with the last bit where he's a rock leaking into the next.

I'm also sure Rohan and several other future characters will be showing up in the OP, except perhaps for Kira, Akira, and Shizuka.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Rohan has gotta be in the OP. He's too popular not to be and honestly he's in more than you realize once you start looking into it.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Chilli > Shizuka > Rohan > Ratt > Reimi > Harvest > Kira > Cinderella > Sheer Heart Attack

Wow, they didn't take long to figure out Kira's identity at all.

Also for a minute, I thought this was a ranking of some Part 4 fights and I was about to get so mad.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Technically Shizuka could be in the OP and you'd never know

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Bad Seafood posted:

Araki Forgets, His Readers Benefit.

Honestly has there ever been an Araki Forgot that wasn't for the best?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Next season is the golden age of Araki Forgot/Wrote Himself Into a Corner.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
They should score King Crimson vs. Metallica entirely with noises from the James Hetfield soundboard

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Funky Valentine posted:

Next season is the golden age of Araki Forgot/Wrote Himself Into a Corner.

Ehhhh I'm still waiting to see more translated but keep in mind I like Pt 5 a lot more than most folks!

alcharagia posted:

They should score King Crimson vs. Metallica entirely with noises from the James Hetfield soundboard

I mean who didn't already hear risotto going 'he he he he ha ha' through that whole loving thing

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Amazing, I now have Hetfield down as the voice I read Risotto in.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Funky Valentine posted:

Amazing, I now have Hetfield down as the voice I read Risotto in.

I mean,

nothing changes this way

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm still thinking that red hot chili peppers will be the ED for this season

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Yoshikage Kira Wants a Crazy Life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p47fEXGabaY

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Johnny Joestar posted:

On that crunchyroll thing I wrote in Power of Equality since it does fit the timeframe of when Araki was writing DiU and everyone already said All Star and pretty much every Pink Floyd and David Bowie song.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Johnny Joestar posted:

I thought Californication was a candidate a while ago. RHCP, pretty iconic, would have a nice lead in and the lyrics aren't hugely off too. It's a '99 track too. The bassy part of it is pretty Morioh to me too. I'd dig it.

"Pay your surgeon very well
To break the spell of aging
Celebrity skin is this your chin
Or is that war you're waging?"

This bit is kinda Cinderella.

Also, they're Warner Brothers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.
First song that comes to mind when I think late 90's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlLWFa1b1Bc

Now I suddenly imagine the Duwang gang going trainspotting...