Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

You realize, of course, that everything I say is horseshit.
The first two seasons are also on amazon prime, pirate bay has all 3.

I kinda want to play a game, is there a small game starting up soon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Ecco made promises to Ninth.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Dhaes posted:

I kinda want to play a game, is there a small game starting up soon?

I'm probably starting one next week if you're willing to wait.

BottleKnight just opened a game though:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3739747

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

EccoRaven posted:

- banner ads (if they are even remotely effective) to the New Game Announcement Thread

I think it should probably be to the OP of this thread. Regardless of how we perceive the invitingness of the thread itself, the OP is very good and the last thread's OP is pretty much what helped me get into this community.

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

You realize, of course, that everything I say is horseshit.

EccoRaven posted:

I'm probably starting one next week if you're willing to wait.

BottleKnight just opened a game though:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3739747

maybe so, that one doesn't seem to be filling up ~

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

busb posted:

The overwhelming response to soldiers game flavour has been determined!

Thanks for the help friends!

But once again it's not me vs. Asiina :mad:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Dhaes posted:

maybe so, that one doesn't seem to be filling up ~

You could help with that!! :patriot:

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Rarity posted:

But once again it's not me vs. Asiina :mad:

you're both retired from playing mafia, plus i haven't even thought about king/queen pairs yet.

Plusplus people were more interested in farting so i'll probably sit on it for a while (and fart)

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
hey its young wolfgang. he is viking mans son.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Maybe you should have held a referendum on whether people want a Soldiers game or not.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
oh maybe not. all those aryan kids look the same

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Thank you for signing up for my game Dhaes!

Everyone should! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3739747

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Amoeba102 posted:

Maybe you should have held a referendum on whether people want a Soldiers game or not.

i'll hold a referendum instead, morong!!!!

should there be:
a) no soldats gam
b) some form of complex, lovely mafia system gamee that will takes ages to play and nobody will really like, probably.

(original poll: http://strawpoll.me/5379774/r)

busb fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Sep 3, 2015

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

busb posted:

you're both retired from playing mafia, plus i haven't even thought about king/queen pairs yet.

Plusplus people were more interested in farting so i'll probably sit on it for a while (and fart)

I'm in two games right now :confused:

Also make Civ!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I have made a setup for "Ch??? in Charnaz." It is, I like it, it's elegant in its simplicity but still has that ecco twist.

I hope to come up with a suitable alliterative title before opening it when my big game finishes (which will probably be late next week/early the week after)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

busb posted:

i'll hold a referendum instead, morong!!!!

should there be:
a) no soldats gam
b) some form of complex, lovely mafia system gamee that will takes ages to play and nobody will really like, probably.

(original poll: http://strawpoll.me/5379774/r)

Soldiers games are great and I like them.

Also mafia thread I was going to go to bed earlier but I started thinking about the nature of death of felt tremendous anxiety and ended up reading about the heat death of the universe on wikipedia.

This is my exciting story.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

busb posted:

you're both retired from playing mafia,

I'm playing Ecco's game right now!

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

CCKeane posted:

Also mafia thread I was going to go to bed earlier but I started thinking about the nature of death of felt tremendous anxiety and ended up reading about the heat death of the universe on wikipedia.

cckeane have you been king in one of the old ones? maybe you should be king?

or were you king in the lovely WoW one or something ???

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Asiina posted:

I'm in two games right now :confused:

Also make Civ!

yeah i was just talking poo poo for no reason, rarity has retired though.

civ i might delay to later spring or summer in 2-3 months when its sunny and warm and fantastic

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

I am completely incapable of going to bed in silence because of this and pretty much always have been.

I have to have some sort of noise while going to sleep. I have youtube playlists of music and standup comedians, episodes of TV shows that I know really well like West Wing or American Dad.

If that is too stimulating and would keep you up, this site is amazing: http://asoftmurmur.com/

It's various ambient noises which you can customize to whatever ones you want and it has a timer too where it slowly fades out. It also works great on mobile so you can just put in on your phone by your bed. Also I think there's an app version.

I've found a lot of solutions in my time, because if left to my own thoughts while trying to go to sleep I will inevitably start to think about death and what it's like to be dead and not existing and will spiral myself into a panic attack of an existential crisis.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
r u trolling?

noise is the worst, the most silent room is the best room for sleeping, everyone knows this.

That way, you can hear keane's farts in perfect clarity.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

busb posted:

yeah i was just talking poo poo for no reason, rarity has retired though.

civ i might delay to later spring or summer in 2-3 months when its sunny and warm and fantastic

I was going to say "but summer is almost over hehehehe" but then I remember how much I loving hate when people do that dumb poo poo about Canadian things, so instead I will just say cool and I am looking forward to it.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I used to sleep with a fan a half-foot away from my face because of the white noise.

I hate silence, and I listen to a lot of podcasts to put myself to sleep. (and in general, too.)

I can now sleep in pretty much any circumstance but white noise is always a good thing imo. Unless it's somebody's lovely skype microphone.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

busb posted:

cckeane have you been king in one of the old ones? maybe you should be king?

or were you king in the lovely WoW one or something ???

Nope! I've never been king. I would rule with an iron fist.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

busb posted:

rarity has retired though.

Does anyone even read my posts? :(

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

busb posted:

r u trolling?

noise is the worst, the most silent room is the best room for sleeping, everyone knows this.

That way, you can hear keane's farts in perfect clarity.

No this is absolutely true. I'm actually about to go to bed and will put an episode of American Dad on from Netflix so that I can sleep.

Also real talk, masturbation is great as a sleep aide since you feel very tired afterwards, but I try not to use it consistently, since I don't like to be dependent on it. It's good if you absolutely cannot fall asleep though.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

I used to sleep with a fan a half-foot away from my face because of the white noise.

I hate silence, and I listen to a lot of podcasts to put myself to sleep. (and in general, too.)

I can now sleep in pretty much any circumstance but white noise is always a good thing imo. Unless it's somebody's lovely skype microphone.

Yeah if I had to sleep in silence I don't know how I'd survive the summer since fans are a necessity. I don't have air conditioning and poo poo is hot. I need a fan blowing right on me during the night to keep cool.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I really hate going to sleep in silence. For most of my life I've kept music on all night with Spotify but now I'm homeless and live in a hostel I have to go to sleep in silence and it is terrible.

It also rules out the masturbation technique.

:(

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
i have to turn fans off to get to sleep because they are too noisy.

also the heat death of the universe and death in general is really cool and easy to deal with, because it is inevitable and there's nothing you can do about it. So why worry about it?

So don't.

I should be a psychiatrist imo

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Asiina posted:

Yeah if I had to sleep in silence I don't know how I'd survive the summer since fans are a necessity. I don't have air conditioning and poo poo is hot. I need a fan blowing right on me during the night to keep cool.

canadian summers need a fan????

the best part about summer is not having to wear clothes or sheets to sleep and you get a light sweaty sheen that cools you off while you feel slightly damp.

ie the best feeling ever.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

I really hate going to sleep in silence. For most of my life I've kept music on all night with Spotify but now I'm homeless and live in a hostel I have to go to sleep in silence and it is terrible.

It also rules out the masturbation technique.

:(

If you can charge your phone while still having it close to you (if you charge it overnight) then you can use some around the ear headphones which I find are comfortable enough to wear while sleeping.

I wouldn't want to wear anything bigger or earbuds to bed, but these don't really bother me since I can still sleep in any position I want.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i intensly enjoy silence it is one of life's greatest pleasures. but i put on fan or noise machine when i sleep, not because i dislike silence but because if i dont random little sounds like creaking or car driving by or whatever will wake me up constantly.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

busb posted:

i have to turn fans off to get to sleep because they are too noisy.

also the heat death of the universe and death in general is really cool and easy to deal with, because it is inevitable and there's nothing you can do about it. So why worry about it?

So don't.

I should be a psychiatrist imo

fyi "you shouldn't be worrying about this for X reason so stop worrying about it right now" is basically the worst advice.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asiina posted:

If you can charge your phone while still having it close to you (if you charge it overnight) then you can use some around the ear headphones which I find are comfortable enough to wear while sleeping.

I wouldn't want to wear anything bigger or earbuds to bed, but these don't really bother me since I can still sleep in any position I want.

I did this in my old hostel but in the end I got complaints cause apparently people could still hear noise and I got kicked out and had to switch hostels

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I acknowledge that not everybody thinks the same way, but as someone that doesn't have anxiety i just don't understand it, as that is my exact thought process about these things. That's why there are therapists and stuff though!

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Rarity posted:

I did this in my old hostel but in the end I got complaints cause apparently people could still hear noise and I got kicked out and had to switch hostels

Rarity it sucks you are homeless and i hope you're okay! :(

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

That's dumb and annoying.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
anxious brains do not make logical sense and are not reasonable so reasoning with them will do no good. you have to feel with them instead.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

busb posted:

I acknowledge that not everybody thinks the same way, but as someone that doesn't have anxiety i just don't understand it, as that is my exact thought process about these things.

I don't have anxiety but I imagine it to be like trying to tear down a spider web but as you tear it down the spider keeps making more and more web and you're trying to tear it down but it keeps growing and growing and you need this web gone cause your parents are coming round and the flat needs to be tidy but there's still more web you're never going to clean out the web and you're still tearing and tearing but you're not getting anywhere why aren't you getting anywhere you're parents are going to think you're terrible you can't even clean out a spider's web and it's still growing and even while you thought that it grew more so you're tearing and you're tearing but it's never going away and nothing else matters but this spider web right here right now because because because tearing tearing freaking out freaking out aaaaagh.

Yeah, that would suck for anyone to go through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

busb posted:

Rarity it sucks you are homeless and i hope you're okay! :(

It's been almost a year now, it is what it is :/