Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I found a list of every possible trait combination https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1r7ySwkjfMxR2dxSmt1cXhXc0U/view?pref=2&pli=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Instead of new characters they should do new parties because if you add new characters you gotta go back to all the old ones and record new dialogue and interactions for each new character. I'd love a totally new party though, even if there was a ton of weapon crossover. My dream DLC that is probably totally accomplishable is an evil party of like Orc, Ogre, Vampire, Dark Elf, Chaos Dwarf. How would those work together? I have no idea, but it would be fun.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
New characters means more weapons clogging up a terrible loot system I am fully condoning people cheat their way around.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Lunethex posted:

New characters means more weapons clogging up a terrible loot system I am fully condoning people cheat their way around.

Contracts! :pseudo:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I love the cognitive dissonance between "they need to fix their poo poo, here's a giant list of BS I've internalized because I've given up hope it will ever be fixed, technical_debt.txt" and "hey what new character should they add?"

I want them to fix their poo poo so I can enjoy the game I have, not add new, inevitably broken poo poo which will inevitably snowball into more broken poo poo.

e: making Saltzpyre literally 10x as powerful as any other character is a change I'd also accept because he's the best

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Psion posted:

e: making Saltzpyre literally 10x as powerful as any other character is a change I'd also accept because he's the best

I guess that's one way to get him closer to Kruber levels of awesome.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

All of Victor's weapons feel absolutely terrible

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
his rapier is amazing and i actually owe digirat an apology for calling the brace bad, i customized a set of oranges last week and it was really, really nice having something resembling a counter to specials without going straight out 'gently caress it' and taking the crossbow, which is strictly worse than the kruber/bardin special erasers. i think i formed a distaste for the brace because i was using the red, which looking back is a pretty awful weapon.

brace of pistols forever

that said, the brace still isn't on the level of the drakefires, the hagbane, or basically any of sienna's ranged weapons.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Rapier is great, pistols are super fun, two handed sword is good, crossbow is a crossbow. Saltzpyre is good.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Coolguye posted:

his rapier is amazing and i actually owe digirat an apology for calling the brace bad, i customized a set of oranges last week and it was really, really nice having something resembling a counter to specials without going straight out 'gently caress it' and taking the crossbow, which is strictly worse than the kruber/bardin special erasers. i think i formed a distaste for the brace because i was using the red, which looking back is a pretty awful weapon.

brace of pistols forever

that said, the brace still isn't on the level of the drakefires, the hagbane, or basically any of sienna's ranged weapons.

The thing with the Brace is it is to this game what an assault rifle is in most shooters. It's really not bad at anything and with the right traits it's good at killing hordes, it works pretty okay on Roger (though obviously not as good as the more specialized roger-killers), etc. Its main problem is running out of ammo because while you can magdump+strength pot to kill a Patrol or hurt Roger and it'll take on Specials okay, it's kind of ammo intensive.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I'm a horrible scrub but yeah rapier and brace was my go-to. It's mostly because I had a really good brace setup and utter trash or nothing in the other categories :v:

Mordja posted:

I guess that's one way to get him closer to Kruber levels of awesome.

mmm good point, 10x still won't solve that problem. Let's say, 25x as powerful?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

the brace really benefits from being paired with a rapier with scavenger, it's true, but drop rupture on there and it's good on hordes, and if you really feel it's needed, targeteer for gas rats, hook rats, and gun rats. you're not going to delete these guys the way a handgun will, but 6 pistols is plenty to put one down and you rock with 48 of them. it's not an overwhelming amount but it's fairly forgiving.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

If I could get Rupture and Targeteer on the same Brace I would never use anything else.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

the one i made for myself is regrowth, rupture, and targeteer

it basically owns hard but i feel targeteer is a little wasted. i think i would prefer either scavenger or ammo holder. however, i am not going to go messing with something that works.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Targeteer is super useful on the pistols and when you take it off you'll miss it.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

You'll also miss the rats. Because you'll be less accurate.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

disagree because i never miss

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Lunethex posted:

disagree because i never miss

s/aimbot.lua

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

kerillian.lua

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

If you pick Kerellian you should be run down in the street by a doomwheel.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

The flaw in that is that all Elves start with Dodge. The first skill taken should always be Side Step, too.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Lunethex posted:

The flaw in that is that all Elves start with Dodge. The first skill taken should always be Side Step, too.
AV7 means that a good hit will end her career though.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Safety Factor posted:

AV7 means that a good hit will end her career though.

Elves never get seriously injured :smug:

The entire team just suffer KOs simultaneously

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

av7 is STEEL idk what you are so worried about

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

In a world of Claw Mighty Blow, armor never matters.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The brace I've had since forever ago has targeteer, rupture and haste which I still haven't bothered unlocking since the chance is so bad. The first two traits are so good that I'd love to get regrowth or ammunition holder on the third, but it would probably take hundreds of ore to end up with that combination again so I'm pretty satisfied with it the way it is.

Also I, may, have hit my head and spent all my ore on ineffectually trying to get master crafted on my blunderbuss for reasons I can't quite recall

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

You can reroll chances at the shrine.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The max % is something like 7

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Finally unlocked all the traits on my orange grudge raker with master crafted, expanded capacity, and scavenger :getin:.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Nanomashoes posted:

Finally unlocked all the traits on my orange grudge raker with master crafted, expanded capacity, and scavenger :getin:.

somewhere, a DOOMDWARF stops scowling and does not know why

he does not smile

DOOMDWARF never smiles

but he stops scowling for a moment.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

One-eye is right to fear the dark gods. These gas rats are the least of their agents.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I've spent like 45 ore on my orange handgun and still haven't gotten master crafted. Can you start on cat difficulty on last stand? Without having to bumble through shittown green ore it would be less tedious.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Once you reach a difficulty on last stand you can start on it from then on (basically starting on wave 27)

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Psion posted:

I love the cognitive dissonance between "they need to fix their poo poo, here's a giant list of BS I've internalized because I've given up hope it will ever be fixed, technical_debt.txt" and "hey what new character should they add?"

Alternately, it's just people having a fun what-if conversation and making small talk.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Is sienna supposed to be able to one shot rats in the head with her longsword on cataclysm? Maybe im just missing a bunch

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy
Vermintide's $13.57 (USD) on GreenMan Gaming right now. Appears to be the lowest historical price. Think this is finally the trigger I needed to grab it, hoping I can convince a few friends to do the same.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

They're finally pushing the vaunted console release on October 4.

I don't predict any good result from that. Doubt they actually tuned the difficulty around having to use a gamepad either. Enjoy the loot system and bad controls in a game requiring serious reflex.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jul 28, 2016

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Good luck with the new gas rats, gamepad users.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I cannot imagine playing this with a controller, you have to spin around too much to watch your back and drag shooting becomes too important on higher difficulties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Of course, I will eat my words if people make it work on a controller, since in the case of Rocket League it seems that seasoned pros prefer it to the keyboard, but then that game seems way more about positioning and just paying attention to certain variables.

Digirat posted:

I cannot imagine playing this with a controller, you have to spin around too much to watch your back and drag shooting becomes too important on higher difficulties

Absolutely. The sound design is so critical in this game and not having headphones (which you can fix real easily, granted) is a serious drawback.

But that's why the Trueflight Bow and Bolt Staff exist, :lol:

Being realistic, if they didn't want to alienate anybody, they will had to have nerfed the rat AI severely, maybe buff the bot AI in equal terms. If it plays exactly like the PC version (and runs like it) people are going to be mighty pissed.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jul 28, 2016

• Locked thread