Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Oh Snapple! posted:

Yeah they showed a side-by-side of the old and new Nova and it looked...maybe 10% smaller?

EDIT: Basically comes up to the old Nova's shoulders

It's 18% smaller by total volume now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.
Well I was gonna do some more testing to see if I was right about team damage being one easy way to lower your contribution rating for a match and thus not raise your PSR, but this is gonna scuttle that.

King of the hill is going to be really fun if your idea of fun is dropping 12 artillery strikes at once oh boy.

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

:perfect:

HOLY poo poo AM I GOING TO OWN SO HARD WITH THE NOVA

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
Don't mess with me or my beautiful son ever again.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Looking at...replacing ghost heat I guess?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
So they're working on a replacement for Ghost Heat?

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

teepo posted:

:perfect:

HOLY poo poo AM I GOING TO OWN SO HARD WITH THE NOVA

That second picture is a joke and the Nova is not that small.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Russ confirmed this picture is bullshit, the Nova isn't this small (it was made for demonstration purposes I guess? It's roughly 33% smaller than it should be? Or 33% the size of the original? I don't know, I stopped watching after this "joke").

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
gently caress you

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
apparently the new heat system is supposed to really discourage alphas?

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
ghost heat 2.0

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I feel like this "turn every battle into one of attrition" thing is going to kill brawling, but I've been waiting for brawling to get hosed up since I started back.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
While we are at it lets bring back the 2ppc 1 gauss poptarts that was so much fun

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Oh Snapple! posted:

I feel like this "turn every battle into one of attrition" thing is going to kill brawling, but I've been waiting for brawling to get hosed up since I started back.

idk this sounds like it's aimed more at ridgehumping?

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
does 2k textures mean the mechs will start looking like the closed beta days?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

It's cool they announce these decisions in the nick of time to prevent me from buying the Kodiak pack

Russ posted:

I don't like cresting a ridge and dying to a single alpha

Maybe you should stop sucking at your own loving game.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Pattonesque posted:

idk this sounds like it's aimed more at ridgehumping?

i may be understanding it wrong, but with him talking about making alphas something you rarely use it just makes me feel like brawlers (namely srm ones) will get reamed hard via losing their big punch.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Pattonesque posted:

You will use bracket builds and you will like it. :argh:

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
give me my loving light ballistics and snub nose ppc you oval office

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Unhappy Meal posted:

You will use bracket builds and you will like it. :argh:

I will play a different game and like it if that ends up being the case

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

phoenix hawk announced

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Oh Snapple! posted:

phoenix hawk announced

hahaha they gave it the old-school pistol

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
take my moneys

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Oh Snapple! posted:

phoenix hawk announced

They are never going to do the bushwhacker.

Also they must not have any detection system in place whatsoever, or it's total garbage. Still watching people cheat or directly getting killed by cheaters a few times a night when prime time hits. My rear end only 60 people are using it.

Washout fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Feb 27, 2016

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
God dammit :pgi:

Swear if they gently caress up brawling...

Also that PXH...:monocle:

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Two hero versions -- a Shin Yodama and a Paul Masters. Here's the Masters one I think?

https://twitter.com/NoGutsNoGalaxy/status/703444112238743553

Ren and Stimpire
Oct 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Russ is about to take questions after a couple beers. :getin:

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

When Steve Jobs died it wasn't the first job I'd lost that week.

Marshall Louis posted:

Russ is about to take questions after a couple beers. :getin:

god damnit just ban the accounts of an entire unit already. loving DO IT!

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Stringbean posted:

God dammit :pgi:

Swear if they gently caress up brawling...

Also that PXH...:monocle:

The entire reason brawling is currently effective is because you can shoot 4x SRM or 6x small/medium lasers at once, or both. If you can't alpha strike with these brawling weapons then sniping could very well just take over again. The battleship effect would probably take over and it would become worthwhile to just mount 3 big guns instead of 10 small ones. Either that or using fire control would be mandatory for shooting lots of weapons exactly whenever the timers came up.

They should just increase internal structure or armor and ammo to compensate.

Sputty
Mar 20, 2005

Ghost heat was extremely popular. Adding Ghostheat 2.0 is really the best thing they can do.

Drythe posted:

It's cool they announce these decisions in the nick of time to prevent me from buying the Kodiak pack

This game is dying. If you spend money on it you're just throwing away money. The population is steadily dropping and now since Steam release you can actually see the numbers. Every change to fix the game they make is a disaster and worse than what came before.

Sputty fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Feb 27, 2016

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

liquidfire posted:

god damnit just ban the accounts of an entire unit already. loving DO IT!

I knew they would never actually ban the people that matter. They saw a bunch of emp/lord/comp team people on that list and that they are whales and did an immediate retraction or something similar. Or they already knew and made this announcement and gave them some warning via someone inside the company leaking information so that they would not get banned. The whole thing is going to completely ruin 4v4 matches because just one cheater in those and it's hosed. Hell the whole game can get hosed at this point, that announcement by itself just ruined all the small scale matches before they even released it.

Supraluminal
Feb 17, 2012

Pattonesque posted:

Well that sounds ominous. So forget twist-and-punch, now it's meant to be just staring matches? Whoever packs the most DPS wins? Gee, I wonder which faction can do that better....

Blah, twisting to shield and spread damage is the best thing this game has going for it. It does more than any other mechanic to differentiate MWO from other games, and it's also one of the biggest skill checks in the game. Killing it is a terrible idea.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Oh Snapple! posted:

phoenix hawk announced

:siren: YODA PARTY VAN INCOMMING. :siren:

It is not a LAM. gg close.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Russ sucks so much

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Does anyone know how many people in total MWO has banned since launch? I only can find the one ban wave of 64.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

:kingsley:

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
MASTER CHIEF

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Drythe posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ren and Stimpire
Oct 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Russ says that they are looking at a Cryengine update, or possibly going to another engine entirely

Unreal = no more Helios?

• Locked thread