Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Any idea how? :psyduck:

Also I've got some nice mods running for the stars/galaxies sky at night, and Vivid Weathers too for weather effects, but are there any mods that do something different and interesting with the day sky? Ideally something more fantasy than realistic. I don't think my graphics card could survive an ENB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I really like Obsidian, as well as Etherial Clouds. I know you said day skies, but I really want to plug AURORA because all of ramccoid's stuff is top-notch.

Edit: Also, don't forget Imaginator!

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Oct 17, 2019

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I'm pretty happy with Vivid Weathers but that Imaginator mod looks right up my street, thanks! And turns out I've already got ramccoid's Aurora mod running so I'll be sure to pick up everything else they have too.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

For those wanting to hide Skyrim ugly LOD. Volumetric mists!

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/29273

It can have some issues with ENB. Some people might complain that it is constant. I prefer the balanced performance version of it. Just a really good mod. I have looked for features like it for ages so nice to finally have it.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Long time since I played Skyrim but I installed the Special Edition and I have a small handful of mods installed but I'm having trouble using ASIS.

I have everything installed through MO2 and I installed ASIS that way and added it's .bat file but when I run it it tells me it can't find the path specified. I then tried installing ASIS normally by putting it into the actual Skyrim folder but trying to run it from there also gives me the same error.

All I want to do is add spells from the Apocalypse mod to NPCs.

So how would I do this? ASIS doesn't come with any instructions on how to use as far as I can find so maybe I'm doing something really wrong?

E: I needed to install Java and add ASIS.jar to MO2, not ASIS.bat.

Proletarian Mango fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Oct 21, 2019

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Gotta have mods to protect massively unrealistically large boobs.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/29981

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Midig posted:

Gotta have mods to protect massively unrealistically large boobs.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/29981

Ah yes, good old "shot trap" armor. Protects the boobs, but not the body behind the boobs.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
Has anyone here dug into OpenMW at all? From reading around and watching their latest build video it's coming along nicely, it's only missing shadows due to their changing of the graphics renderer, but they'll be back in the next build. There's already a few coders that work on it working towards implementing Skyrim's assets with it, or Oblivion's.

For the modding side it's exciting because it supports 2147483646 mods, rather than the 255 that vanilla Morrowind supports.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Admiral Ray posted:

Has anyone here dug into OpenMW at all? From reading around and watching their latest build video it's coming along nicely, it's only missing shadows due to their changing of the graphics renderer, but they'll be back in the next build. There's already a few coders that work on it working towards implementing Skyrim's assets with it, or Oblivion's.

For the modding side it's exciting because it supports 2147483646 mods, rather than the 255 that vanilla Morrowind supports.

It doesn't support MWSE mods, which means it doesn't support the Fallout 4 style looting mod, so it's a non starter for me until that changes. (Also means I couldn't use my current multi mark mod, but I think there's others that don't use MWSE so that's not as big a deal)

However you can use it to play Morrowind on Android.

Edit, didn't realize which thread I was in. There's a Morrowind thread that's relatively active and has people in it who have used Open Morrowind that could probably tell you more, aside from the MWSE issue it sounds like it's pretty solid now.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Oct 28, 2019

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Midig posted:

For those wanting to hide Skyrim ugly LOD. Volumetric mists!

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/29273

It can have some issues with ENB. Some people might complain that it is constant. I prefer the balanced performance version of it. Just a really good mod. I have looked for features like it for ages so nice to finally have it.

Seconding this - the forest areas like Falkreath in particular look amazing, although I do have the densest version running.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Skwirl posted:

It doesn't support MWSE mods, which means it doesn't support the Fallout 4 style looting mod, so it's a non starter for me until that changes. (Also means I couldn't use my current multi mark mod, but I think there's others that don't use MWSE so that's not as big a deal)

However you can use it to play Morrowind on Android.

Edit, didn't realize which thread I was in. There's a Morrowind thread that's relatively active and has people in it who have used Open Morrowind that could probably tell you more, aside from the MWSE issue it sounds like it's pretty solid now.

Ah, word, I'll check that thread out, then.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Yeah OpenMW is extremely good but as it stands at this moment it doesn't support MWSE or MGE-XE equivalent functionality so it currently lags just a bit behind the modded vanilla engine.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

OpenMW would’ve been much more awesome 10+ years ago, but with the unofficial and code patch’s, the original engine can now run just fine with a bevy of graphical additions and shaders. It’s the way to go.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Is my general opinion if you just want to play Morrowind singleplayer, but OpenMW is the way to go if you already completed the game and want to play multiplayer.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

So what is the go to program for merging leveled lists these days? I generally avoid mods that add any items to the game but I've been messing with that more and need to do it now.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

cheesetriangles posted:

So what is the go to program for merging leveled lists these days? I generally avoid mods that add any items to the game but I've been messing with that more and need to do it now.

:psyduck:

I generally just use a merged patch. Load your load order in TESEdit, right click on any mod, select OTHER then MERGED PATCH and there you go.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

With Ordinator you can make a dead thrall up to level 80 I think? The wiki mentions that some enemies level too much and can't be thralls anymore if they level scale off you too hard. Is there a max cap on how much an npc can level? Also does anyone have suggestion for enemies that would make good thralls? Sadly I missed my chance with Ulfric.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

cheesetriangles posted:

With Ordinator you can make a dead thrall up to level 80 I think? The wiki mentions that some enemies level too much and can't be thralls anymore if they level scale off you too hard. Is there a max cap on how much an npc can level? Also does anyone have suggestion for enemies that would make good thralls? Sadly I missed my chance with Ulfric.

The orc chief from the quest "The Cursed Tribe" has a lot of HP compared to other npcs, but only if you choose to kill the giant for him. You can give him enchanted gear, but unless it's been fixed, it has to be his orcish armor that holds the enchantments.

Personally, I go with draugr or anything that won't groan every 5 seconds :v:

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Bandit Chiefs with 1-handed + shield are actually really good. You can give them armour, but I'm not sure about the weapon.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I was thinking the Arch Mage of the college. He can summon his own summons as well.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

I am looking at Divinity Original Sin 2 and its updates and it seems like the devs basically made mods. That is free, quality of life content inspired by actual existing mods. Implemented out of love for their game. Most of it is just stuff you wish was already a part of the game:

-Decent bag system

-Further developed crafting

-Can speak to animals without animal empathy, added a different bonus to the perk

-8 basic AP

-Fixed haggling so you won't always have to switch to your haggler for every merchant interaction

To be fair this was sort of their apology for not releasing Fallen Heroes, but it goes to show that most people don't demand big changes to make games a bit more fun.

Midig fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Nov 11, 2019

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
I got the itch and re-installed the Legendary (non-SE) version. Its on its own dedicated SSD drive. I'm using Nexus Vortex.

Followed STEPS for the most part. Everything is installed, INI is set up, Skyrim Script Extender installed. Everything has been cleaned in TES5Edit using the auto clean feature.

I've sorted everything with LOOT. There's a few .esps that still come up as dirty. I'll clean them, re-sort in LOOT, and they'll come up clean then.....but if I close and re-open LOOT, the same ones as I just cleaned need cleaning again. I've tried cleaning with TES5Edit through Vortex as well as outside of Vortex, it says it saves the changes either way, but it keeps happening. Specifically, they are:

Birdsofskyrim.esp
hearthfireestended.esp
NB-Scars.esp
RealisticWaterTwo.esp
SMIM-Merged-All.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp
Cloaks.esp
Verdant - A Skyrim Grass Plugin.esp
ForgottenCity.esp
TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
RealisticWaterTwo-Waves-Falskaar.esp

Vortex has enabled and deployed everything, there's no dependency issues, and all file conflicts have been resolved using the same order I've used successfully before. Right now Skyrim opens with script extender, lets me select New game, but then either CTD or freezes on that loading screen.

Any suggestions on what to try next?

EDIT: Deleted Sounds of Skyrim and suddenly edits are saving and everything works. Not going to question it.

Dienes fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Nov 11, 2019

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Skyrim is officialy eight years old today! (But is actually a thousand-year-old vampire so it's okay!)

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Agents are GO! posted:

Skyrim is officialy eight years old today! (But is actually a thousand-year-old vampire so it's okay!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSRtYpNRoN0

I still get pumped at the idea of "dynamic dragon attacks".

I wish one of these giant mod projects would put out a release so I can redo this game again.

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

Wabbajack has at least one modpack out I think.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Is there somewhere to get these wabbajack mod packs?

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

PaybackJack posted:

I still get pumped at the idea of "dynamic dragon attacks".
When I first played the Civil War questline and was inside the walls of Windhelm for the final battle, a dragon showed up in the middle of all the soldiers and started breathing fire on everyone. I thought that was such a cool little setpiece and was disappointed when I found out it was just a glitch. So I agree with you.

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

Skwirl posted:

Is there somewhere to get these wabbajack mod packs?

Yeah, just checkout the discord: https://discordapp.com/channels/605449136870916175/616737955158949913

Then the actual lexy-guide is here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15a6_zAmcGGM2IlV1vsYy9y9UVT4SbNLi

I haven't used that one though

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I honestly don't know how discord works, it mostly looks like a chatroom to me and I click your link and don't see anything. Do I have to ask "where the wabbajacks at" or something and someone might give me a link?

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Read the welcome channel when you join. It'll explain what you need to do.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1194397063787749378?s=19

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
The Ballmer Peak in action

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

while I applaud insight into the creative process, I refuse to trust the taste of a man who drinks Appleton Estate

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Cool rocks :)

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Which has better mods, Skyrim or Skyrim SE

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Turtlicious posted:

It kinda doesn't matter; you should use Skyrim SE.

Most of the top mods for OE have been converted to SE, but even if they hadn't, the speed and (especially) stability improvements are staggering.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does anyone have modding guides they use like this one: https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php?title=User:Darkladylexy/ModList_Page

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Skyrim SE doesn't crash every 2 seconds.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Skyrim SE doesn't crash every 2 seconds.

Not until I'm done with it at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Turtlicious posted:

dwarf74 posted:

It kinda doesn't matter; you should use Skyrim SE.

Most of the top mods for OE have been converted to SE, but even if they hadn't, the speed and (especially) stability improvements are staggering.

Also there's a thing called Cathedral for easy converting mods to SE. Even someone as technically incompetent as me could do it.