Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oliver Reed
Mar 18, 2014

Over/under on how long we have to wait for the last season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

AutomaticPrince posted:

Does the blue flame kill whitewalkers as well?

Yeah, it's not clear yet if blue dragon breath is a different elemental type.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Grem posted:

Am I getting the family tree wrong? Isn't Jon Dany's nephew, the son of her brother? He's not her uncle.

Yes. He is her brothers son.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Oliver Reed posted:

Over/under on how long we have to wait for the last season?

It's already filmed right? Maybe 12 months?

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Rhaegar is the worst person in the world. He annuls his marriage to Elia - presumably disinheriting both of his still-living children and making them bastards- and leaves her and them with his insane father in King's Landing, leading to to their eventual rape and murder, while he knocks up a 14 year old and plans to name the new baby after his still-living now-bastard son.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Phi230 posted:

I have a feeling "ice dragon" was on the outline so DnD, being retarded hacks, thought of the catch-a-wight

i would guess that even grrm didnt know how it would happen but it would be "wicked sick" and so as one of the core elements of the final plot, was taken with neither party having an idea of how to pull it off

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Bip Roberts posted:

Nah they start filming in October. Late 2018 early 2019 is the current word.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

anime was right posted:

i would guess that even grrm didnt know how it would happen but it would be "wicked sick" and so as one of the core elements of the final plot, was taken with neither party having an idea of how to pull it off

Clearly GRRM doesn't know what's going to happen because he's written a total of zero pages in like the last 10 years.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

MrFlibble posted:

He divorced his first wife so his first Aegon didn't count.

Can't put all your Aegons in one basket

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Constant posted:

Yes. He is her brothers son.

Thanks those people last page were hella stupid unlike me.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Bip Roberts posted:

Clearly GRRM doesn't know what's going to happen because he's written a total of zero pages in like the last 10 years.

hes not very good at landing the plane once he gets it going, considering hes like a 100% discovery writer.

the series was never going to end well even without the hbo show looming.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

The Unnamed One posted:

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Bip Roberts posted:

It hasn't started shooting at all.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Dany and Jon better name that baby Charles II. They can only hope their baby is as inbred as that guy.

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013

Bip Roberts posted:

Yeah, it's not clear yet if blue dragon breath is a different elemental type.

I only ask because if not, NK could theoretically just fly ahead on zombie Viserion, destroying then raising whole armies at a time and end this whole poo poo in about 30 minutes of show time.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

The Unnamed One posted:

I'm ok with this now

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
when jon finds out he hosed his aunt hes really gonna have aegon, his face

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

anime was right posted:

when jon finds out he hosed his aunt hes really gonna have aegon, his face

Oliver Reed
Mar 18, 2014

Hypothetically, if Winds of Winter comes out before next season I know it won't, would it surpass or even catch up to the show content-wise?

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Nope, there's supposed to be a book after Winds.

CDHiggs
Dec 16, 2016

That night in Point Pleasant. Those red eyes Richard Gere would never forget.

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

This would actually be good though, so no dice.

Honestly the last...6 make a lot of sense, so I dunno even.

I will laugh my rear end off if this actually happens:

quote:

According to the scripts, Euron hires the goldcloaks, but he assures they're loyalty is to him. He marries Cersei (she is reluctant but Jaime has betrayed her and pretty much everyone is aligned against her) after Arya kills cersei, Euron takes the throne backed by his mercenary army. Cersei made the mistake of giving him the gold to deliver to the Golden Company. They are loyal to whoever is paying them- this aspect has been hinted at going back to season 1.

Euron becomes the default bad guy...after what we just saw the Night King do, does anyone give a poo poo?

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
bran is going to creepily describe the boatsex scene to jon when he gets back. then when he's disgusted and turns to leave bran drops the incest angle

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

In It For The Tank posted:

Rhaegar is the worst person in the world. He annuls his marriage to Elia - presumably disinheriting both of his still-living children and making them bastards- and leaves her and them with his insane father in King's Landing, leading to to their eventual rape and murder, while he knocks up a 14 year old and plans to name the new baby after his still-living now-bastard son.

Look, his master plan was to just have enough Aegons so that when one finally fulfilled the prophecy he could be like "Ah, there you are! My real son! I'm your dad now." Too bad no one prophesied a warhammer to the chest.

Also I like that after all kinds of hosed up poo poo like blowing up a good chunk of the city, driving their son to suicide, trying to kill their brother, turning a dude into a zombie, and other poo poo. It was breaking a stupid promise to send thousands to their death fighting zombies that finally made Jaime leave Cersei.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Oliver Reed posted:

Hypothetically, if Winds of Winter comes out before next season I know it won't, would it surpass or even catch up to the show content-wise?

I think GRRM said at one point Tyrion won't even be meeting Danny til halfway through Winds, so I'd be amazed.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

The Unnamed One posted:

Huehuehuehue

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

IncendiaC posted:

bran is going to creepily describe the boatsex scene to jon when he gets back. then when he's disgusted and turns to leave bran drops the incest angle

"You were beautiful that night..."

when you hosed your aunt

CDHiggs
Dec 16, 2016

That night in Point Pleasant. Those red eyes Richard Gere would never forget.

Nuebot posted:

Also I like that after all kinds of hosed up poo poo like blowing up a good chunk of the city, driving their son to suicide, trying to kill their brother, turning a dude into a zombie, and other poo poo. It was breaking a stupid promise to send thousands to their death fighting zombies that finally made Jaime leave Cersei.

The final straw for honorable Jaime.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
Finally I can read this dumb thread

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I was pretty impressed by the stunt casting for Rhaeger, he looked a lot like Dany's rear end in a top hat brother from season one. Also in the wedding scene the Lyanna actress did kinda look like a grown up pretty Maisie Williams. Pretty nifty. Really hope those season 8 leaks aren't true for the most part, but wouldn't mind Euron being the Saruman to NK's Sauron.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Munkaboo posted:

Finally I can read this dumb thread

what did you think of the episode sir?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I just want to see a Jaime/Brienne/Tormond love triangle.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Constant posted:

"You were beautiful that night..."

when you hosed your aunt

https://youtu.be/kVFjaOyAWd4

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
It's been mentioned a couple times but why do Lena Hedy and the guy who plays Bron hate each other?

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!

Constant posted:

what did you think of the episode sir?

Seeing season 8 spoilers... I might be leaving the thread again

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

that poo poo was stupid

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

bobjr posted:

I just want to see a Jaime/Brienne/Tormond love triangle. 3-way

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Leave it to D&D to give NK a nuke.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I really enjoyed this finale. The LF callout was underwhelming and the Theon Greyjoy Comedy Fight was cringey as hell. But it made up for one or two major stinkers.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Munkaboo posted:

Seeing season 8 spoilers... I might be leaving the thread again

Jon Snow gives birth to the shadow price that was promised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
This show has no idea what the gently caress to do with bran lmao

• Locked thread