Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

It felt like cheating I don’t know. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dawg, you have 6 cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Sweet. Looks like I have to short rest first. Please discard REINFORCED STEEL and do that. Protect HASTENED STEP.
Won't need REINFORCED STEEL after this turn anyway, and it'll give me 1 more card to burn.

Edit: sent in orders for the whole round, depending on what I lose. Will plan to move to the objective hex this turn, so make sure we're both on them!

ChocolatePancake fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Mar 28, 2022

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Lol. I'm over here pissing alligators seeing if I can do some weird rules wizardry to make Marching Beat apply to you, and you're over there with more cards than I got.

(But seriously knock on wood I don't know what's in that last room and it could be awful.)

I'm planning on going about as fast as I can and just blasting out about half of the available curse cards in the game on the off chance monsters even get a chance to swing.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

ChocolatePancake posted:

Sweet. Looks like I have to short rest first. Please discard REINFORCED STEEL and do that. Protect HASTENED STEP.
Won't need REINFORCED STEEL after this turn anyway, and it'll give me 1 more card to burn.

Edit: sent in orders for the whole round, depending on what I lose. Will plan to move to the objective hex this turn, so make sure we're both on them!

FWIW, Reinforced Steel is a loss action, so you can't put it in your discard pile.

Nobby loses Scroll of Lightning!

Everyone's sent in orders so I'll see if I can put together the reveal update in the morning, otherwise it'll be tomorrow night.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same

Xiahou Dun posted:

I'm planning on going about as fast as I can and just blasting out about half of the available curse cards in the game on the off chance monsters even get a chance to swing.

The monsters all get to do their thing this round, the win condition is only checked at the end of the round

Still might be pretty close :)

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

Superterranean posted:

The monsters all get to do their thing this round, the win condition is only checked at the end of the round

Still might be pretty close :)

As long as the victory condition is met during the round (i.e. both plates occupied at the same time), the group wins as long as one player survives to the end of the round, even if you get knocked off a plate.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Ancient Defense Network, Round 8A

Pending Actions posted:

- Letty takes a Short Rest! Recovers all discarded cards, losing Throw Voice.

- Nobby takes a Short Rest! Recovers all discarded cards, losing Scroll of Lightning.

Round Reveal posted:

Good thing Nobby's going so fast.

PLAYER OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in light yellow. Discarded cards are marked in red, while lost cards are marked in purple. Cards in the active slot are marked in teal (using a colorblind friendly scheme, let me know if you are having issues with it!). Available items are also shown there.

Kir Kanos is acting at initiative 6 with Flame Shroud and Burn Away the Dark.
code:
FLAME SHROUD (06) [Lvl1]
TOP: Persistent Bonus: The next five times an enemy enters a hex adjacent to you, that enemy suffers 2 damage - LOSS
Gain 1 XP at the 2nd and 5th trigger
---
Infuse FIRE

BOT: MOVE 4
---
Consume FIRE: Round Bonus: SHIELD 1, 1 XP

///

BURN AWAY THE DARK (31) [Lvl4]
TOP: ATK 1, Target all enemies within 2 hexes
Consume FIRE: WOUND, 1 XP

BOT: MOVE 2
---
DISARM, Target one adjacent enemy
---
Consume ICE: Infuse FIRE
Consume DARK: Infuse LIGHT
Letty Van Halen is acting at initiative 14 with Disorienting Dirge and Singing Arrow.
code:
DISORIENTING DIRGE (14) [Lvl4]
TOP: Song - Persistent Bonus: All enemies gain DISADVANTAGE on all their attacks
Gain 1 XP at the beginning of each of your turns
When another Song is played, discard this card

BOT: CURSE, Target all enemies within Range 3
---
BLESS, Affect all allies within Range 3
---
1 XP

///

SINGING ARROW (89) [Lvl1]
TOP: CURSE, Range 3, Template

BOT: ATK 1, Range 3, WOUND
Nobby Nobbs is acting at initiative 17 with Crushing Hammer and Hastened Step.
code:
CRUSHING HAMMER (17) [LvlX]
TOP: ATK 3, STUN - 2 XP - LOSS

BOT: MOVE 2
---
Round Bonus: SHIELD 1, Self

///

HASTENED STEP (26) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK 2
---
MOVE 1
---
ATK 2

BOT: MOVE 5
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in-depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Be nice! :) Active players and assorted goons&goonettes, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TOMORROW, 12AM EST :getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

Phelddagrif posted:

FWIW, Reinforced Steel is a loss action, so you can't put it in your discard pile.

Nobby loses Scroll of Lightning!

Everyone's sent in orders so I'll see if I can put together the reveal update in the morning, otherwise it'll be tomorrow night.

Whoops, I read that card wrong, sorry! As long as I don't take more than 1 or 2 bad hits, I should be OK!

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

loving lol at the zombies forming a natural protective coating against the bear for me.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Phelddagrif posted:

As long as the victory condition is met during the round (i.e. both plates occupied at the same time), the group wins as long as one player survives to the end of the round, even if you get knocked off a plate.

Nice, I didn't know that. I've been in situations in the digital game where a golem or cannon would pull or push one character off a plate so I didn't go for the win with the other characters assuming it would be spoiled.

Xiahou Dun posted:

loving lol at the zombies forming a natural protective coating against the bear for me.

No bears allowed in the zombie mosh pit :tbear:

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

If you want a bear hug, Letty, I can sand devil a corpse out of the way for you :v:

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Ancient Defense Network, Round 8B

Let's wrap this up and get out of here while we're still breathing.

6. Kir Kanos the Valrath Red Guard (Superterranean) posted:

- Sand Devil doesn't move.

- Kir Kanos suffers 1 damage from WOUND.

- Kir Kanos uses Flame Shroud (top)! Persistent Bonus: The next five times an enemy enters a hex adjacent to you, that enemy suffers 2 damage.

- Kir Kanos uses Burn Away the Dark (bottom)! Moves to K17. Stone Golem 4 is DISARMED.

- FIRE is strong.
The Devil could kill the Living Corpse, but Letty requested it stay alive; zombie hugs are preferable to bear hugs.

14. Letty Van Halen the Quatryl Soothsinger (Xiahou Dun) posted:

- Letty gains 1 XP from her song!

- Letty uses Singing Arrow (top)! Living Corpses 1 and 3 are CURSED.

- Letty uses Disorienting Dirge (bottom)! Living Corpses 1 and 3 and Cave Bear 4 are CURSED. Letty gains 1 XP!
Seven curses in their deck, but this is Gloomhaven, so they're bound to draw their crit anyway.

17. Nobby Nobbs the Valrath Quartermaster (ChocolatePancake) posted:

- Nobby uses Hastened Step (bottom)! Activates Boots of Striding! Moves to the door hex. Door opens!

No time for breaks today, let's move move move!

17. Nobby Nobbs the Valrath Quartermaster (ChocolatePancake) posted:

- Nobby uses Hastened Step (bottom)! Moves to K3.

- Nobby uses Crushing Hammer (top)! Attacks Stone Golem 2 for 4 damage (ATK 3, BLESS modifier, -2 shield). Stone Golem 2 is STUNNED. Nobby gains 2 XP. Crushing Hammer is LOST.

With both pressure plates occupied, the scenario win condition has been met! Now just one player has to survive until the end of the round. We can speed through the rest of the monster turns.

21. Living Corpse posted:

- All Living Corpses move 3. Letty is MUDDLED and IMMOBILIZED.

43. Forest Imp posted:

- All Forest Imps move 4 and lose DISARM.

46. Flame Demon posted:

- Flame Demon 3 attacks Kir Kanos for 2 damage.

80. Cave Bear posted:

- All Cave Bears move 3.

90. Stone Golem posted:

- Stone Golem 3 attacks Nobby for 5 damage (Nobby loses a card to prevent this).
- All other Stone Golems are STUNNED, DISARMED, or out of range.
The defenses have been shut down, and our mission is a success. Now to find out what secrets are hidden within this tomb...

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Ancient Defense Network, Conclusion

Conclusion posted:

From opposite ends of the network, you active the switches in the order shown to you by the Voice. As quickly as it came, the alarm subsides and the walls of the rooms open, leading you back to the entrance. There, the center of the floor slides away, revealing a narrow ladder descending down into the dark.

“The way to the tomb is clear,” the Voice says. “Go now, and retrieve what is mine.”

Rewards posted:

Scenario Rewards
New Location: Timeworn Tomb
Global Achievement: Ancient Technology (4/5)
Victory Rewards
+12XP each!
Party Sheet:

Prosperity Tracker:

Battle Goals posted:

- Kir Kanos: Ravager - Play two cards for their lost actions on the same turn. Superterranean has not completed the BG.
- Letty Van Halen: Protector - Allow none of your character allies to become exhausted during the scenario. Xiahou Dun has completed the BG! ✓ Perk earned!
- Nobby Nobbs: Mugger - Kill a monster and loot its money token on the same turn. ChocolatePancake has completed the BG! ✓ Perk earned!

Final Stats posted:

Each coin token at scenario level 4 is worth 4 gold. Updated gold and XP for our party are as follows:
- Kir Kanos: 17 XP and 0 gold (new total 341 XP and 40 gold).
- Letty Van Halen: 22 XP and 0 gold (new total 400 XP and 73 gold).
- Nobby Nobbs: 19 XP and 4 gold (new total 275 XP and 22 gold). Level up!

Personal Quest progression posted:

- Kir Kanos: Law Bringer - Kill twenty Bandits or Cultists (1/20)
- Letty Van Halen: Seeker of Xorn - Complete three "Crypt" scenarios. Then unlock "Noxious Cellar" (Scenario 52) and follow it to a conclusion (1/3)
- Nobby Nobbs: Piety in All Things - Donate 120 gold to the Sanctuary of the Great Oak (20/120)
Updated Sheets

Ability Card Choices

Our heroes are back in Gloomhaven. While they're in the City, something happens...

City Event 55 posted:

Let's discuss where our party should head to next! Since we've unlocked a bunch of stuff, I'm going to use a new app to show the Scenario Tree, since it provides some extra info on Campaign progression (i.e. which Scenarios are part of which storyline) and it's more aesthetically pleasing.

NOTE: we only know the basic creature and tiles composition for a Scenario at first; if we choose to pick one, I'll provide additional details (such as the map layout, creatures stat cards - and ability deck if we've met them before - and always-active Scenario Effects).

Available Scenario Locations posted:

• We can visit the Temple of the Elements (22) in search of a powerful elemental artifact. Completing this Scenario will allow us to continue the main Quest.

• We've unlocked the way to the source of the Voice's power, and just have to grab it and get out alive. If we want to free the Voice, we can delve into the Timeworn Tomb (41). This will conclude the Voice's questline.

• If instead you think the Voice is lying, we can enter the Realm of the Voice (42) and try to put an end to it. This will conclude the Voice's questline.

• While exploring the Echo Chamber, we found a map leading to an Underwater Lagoon (64) in the middle of the Misty Sea, south-east of Gloomhaven; maybe it'll contain some treasure? This is a side Scenario.

• We bargained with a Valrath merchant and bought a scroll with the "location to untold riches" from him. These alleged riches are in the Sunken Vessel (93). This is a side Scenario.

• Speaking of loot, a guard has tipped us off to the location of the Crypt of the Ancients (SoX 3) in the Watcher Mountains. This will progress Letty's personal quest, and is bound to contain some sort of technological secrets. This is a side scenario.

• We could play the Solo Scenario for Letty or Nobby! These are challenge scenarios designed to test the players' skill with a particular class. Since there's only a single character, we'd have the Goonmind make the decisions for what we do. This will unlock a special item.
  • As suggested, we could also try any Scenario we've unlocked (including ones we've already faced) in Casual Mode. Players can still gain experience and money, loot treasure tiles, complete battle goals, and make progress toward completing their personal quests, but any story text or rewards listed at the end of the scenario are disregarded. Contrary to normal game play, we'll encounter City/Road events in Casual mode as well - to make things easier to manage and display more content. If we pick Casual Mode I'll add something to spice it up.
:siren::siren::siren:
YOU CAN NOW VOTE FOR THE FOLLOWING THINGS (and please remember to bold your choices):
  1. MVP/Play of the Game for Scenario 40!
  2. New perk for Letty.
  3. 2 new perks and new ability card for Nobby.
  4. City Event, outcome A or B.
  5. Our Next Destination
  6. Money matters! Please specify if you want someone to buy/sell an item; the current Market pool is available HERE. Also, if you want someone to donate 10 gold to the Sacred Oak Sanctuary, please remember to specify who!
  7. If you are planning an Enhancement, you can find the rules on how to calculate the price HERE.

A big thank you to our players, Superterranean, Xiahou Dun and ChocolatePancake! Hope you had fun. I'll reach out to our next set of players to let them know they're up next.

Phelddagrif fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Mar 29, 2022

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Well played, folks. Things got a little sketchy in there for a hot second, but that's the game and we made it out good.

And thanks as always to Pheldagriff for running and like a little in absentia tip of the hat to TIG for making the thread.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Wooo! Thanks to Letty for her amazing coursework and speedfeets; I don't think my playgroup managed this scenario except by doing a lot more slaughter.

City event: oh hey Boris, boris is cool, vouch for him

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Well done guys, that was very close. I honestly didn't think we would make it.
Thank you Pheldagriff for running it, that was a blast! I'd be happy to have another go once my turn comes around again.

My votes:
MVP/Play of the Game for Scenario 40: Letty, for all the additional move points, and all the disarms/stuns that kept me alive
New perk for Letty: Add 2 rolling curses
2 new perks and new ability card for Nobby: both replace one +0 with a +2 perks, and Catastrophic Bomb, because that card is fun.
City Event: A
Next Destination: Timeworn Tomb - let's see where this goes
Nobby should donate 10 gold to the Sacred Oak Sanctuary

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Nice work, the double moves saved the day.

ChocolatePancake posted:

My votes:
MVP/Play of the Game for Scenario 40: Letty, for all the additional move points, and all the disarms/stuns that kept me alive
2 new perks and new ability card for Nobby: both replace one +0 with a +2 perks, and Catastrophic Bomb, because that card is fun.

I'll second all these though I'm fine with either Voice outcome.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

ChocolatePancake posted:

Well done guys, that was very close. I honestly didn't think we would make it.
Thank you Pheldagriff for running it, that was a blast! I'd be happy to have another go once my turn comes around again.

My votes:

All of this works for me too

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

I don't look forward to figuring out how the Catastrophic Bomb template is going to fit on the spreadsheet!

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Apologies for the delay, work has kept me very busy lately (I do taxes and yeah...). I'm also waiting to hear back from a few people who are up next.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Phelddagrif posted:

Apologies for the delay, work has kept me very busy lately (I do taxes and yeah...). I'm also waiting to hear back from a few people who are up next.

Just checking to make sure you got my response and that I didn't screw up two straight scenarios

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

FairGame posted:

Just checking to make sure you got my response and that I didn't screw up two straight scenarios

Yep I got you!

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.
Ditto me! I'm free too.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

City Management XXXIII, Update 1

Sorry for the wait - I'll update as often as I can for the next two weeks, since I do taxes and we're coming up on a big deadline.

Vote Results posted:

• MVP/Play of the Game: Letty once again comes through for the team, giving them the extra movement to race to the finish!
  • Letty: Adds two rolling curses.
  • Nobby: Replaces two +0 cards with two +2's. New card: Catastrophic Bomb.
  • Items: Nobby donates 10g to the Sanctuary of the Greak Oak, receiving BLESS x2!
  • City Event: We're going with option A!

City Event 55 posted:

Effect: Gain 1 prosperity.
They know us so well!

Our next destination is the Timeworn Tomb! This is the direct followup to the last scenario we played (in person, your group could even play it right away, without returning to the city), and will conclude the storyline of the Voice. We'll see more details about the scenario in the next update.

We'll have to get on the Road to get there!

Road Event 25 posted:

YOU CAN NOW VOTE FOR THE FOLLOWING THINGS (and please remember to bold your choices):
  1. Road Event, outcome A or B.
  2. Any additional purchases/enhancements for our characters.

Phelddagrif fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Apr 7, 2022

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
We got cash A

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

A Cash is better than wounds

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

A sounds good since we don't have Bullwinkle to smack some sense into them. Hopefully they don't hit too much of Nobby's charitable temple donation fund.

G'luck with the taxes Pheld, thanks for the updates and keeping things going here.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Alright, PM's have been sent out to our three players FairGame, bagrada, and TravelLog with their characters and battle goals. I've got to head in to the office, but I'll shoot to have the update prepared this evening.

Don't expect this one to be easy! Now that Letty's level 7, and we're playing this on "hard" difficulty, the monsters are all level 5 now.

Phelddagrif fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Apr 10, 2022

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

City Management XXXIII, Update 2 and Scenario Introduction

While on the Road to the next Scenario...

Road Event 25, resolution posted:

Effect: Lose 5 gold each.
Bah, mere pocket change!

Let's have a look at our next destination: Scenario 41 - Timeworn Tomb

Scenario 41 - Timeworn Tomb - Location posted:

Scenario 41 - Timeworn Tomb - Features posted:

These are the details we know about Scenario 41 before starting it:

Links to: Ancient Defense Network (#40)
Requirements: The Voice's Command (Party) COMPLETE
Goal: All characters must escape through the exit (a)

Monsters & Tiles in the Scenario:

Map Layout:

Scenario 41 - Timeworn Tomb - Creatures posted:

These are the stats for this Scenario's creatures:

These are the ability decks for the creatures we've already faced in battle before.
NOTE: these are the "in the box" cards. Gloomhaven Helper automatically makes the necessary calculations for us; the various "+1", "-1", etc are applied to the base value for that monster's stats.

Ancient Artillery:

Living Corpse:

Living Spirit:

Stone Golem:

NOTE: certain monster archetypes share a common deck. The combination of unique stat cards and shared ability decks allows the game to feel even larger than it already is!

Scenario 41 - Timeworn Tomb - Introduction posted:

After descending the ladder, you creep your way through the musty tomb. With the defense network turned off, everything seems dormant. It should just be a simple matter of retrieving the vessel and getting out of this ghoulish place.

You approach the sarcophagus in the center chamber, and it occurs to you that the Voice has not spoken since you entered the tomb. You don’t think much about it and grab hold of the vessel at the foot of the stone coffin.

The eerie silence is pierced once again by the high-pitched sound of a siren. It reverberates throughout the small room and assaults your ears. From the corners of the shadows you see movement—automated guns designed to kill all intruders.

You grow furious at the Voice for not warning you about this extra security, and then channel that fury into doing whatever it takes to emerge from this tomb alive.

Players spawn tiles are marked with the Entrance token.

FairGame, bagrada and TravelLog, please provide:
1) Your hand selection for this Scenario (please specify what you are removing and what you are adding).
2) Your starting location. You can freely discuss this itt.
3) Your step A orders and initiative.
4) Pick one of the Battle Goals provided in the PM.

You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 12AM EST :getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

Phelddagrif fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Apr 11, 2022

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

We going to fight these guys or just head to the next room? Nobby can start in any of the top 3 spots and is probably just going to move a bit and set up for the mission.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

bagrada posted:

We going to fight these guys or just head to the next room? Nobby can start in any of the top 3 spots and is probably just going to move a bit and set up for the mission.

They have insane range; I think at the very least we need to kill the top ones. And since we have to scramble back to the entrance there's a risk of getting shot on the back end, too. Meaning I think they all have to die.

LETTY STUFF

1.) Start at D4. This is pretty necessary; please don't take this spot.
2.) Drop Melody and Harmony, pick up Echoing Aria
3.) Drop Marching Beat, add Wistful Wounding

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Killing the top cannons does sound like a good plan. I'll just be doing setup this turn but maybe I can also shove one of the cannons into the other to clump them up for disarms or stuns, depending on what they are doing. I don't care where I start, I'm fine with C4 or E4.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Apr 11, 2022

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

bagrada posted:

Killing the top cannons does sound like a good plan. I'll just be doing setup this turn but maybe I can also shove one of the cannons into the other to clump them up for disarms or stuns, depending on what they are doing. I don't care where I start, I'm fine with C4 or E4.

Can you legally push/pull them into a useful pattern? Given that push/pull always has to be 1 hex further/closer from you, I think it'd be really tough to make it work.

Most of Letty's most outrageous bullshit requires a triangle and that just ain't happening right now. I can keep the heat off of us for a bit but I think we're best off going INSANELY aggressive to kill things early on.

Dunno how many living spirts we're dealing with, but with me carrying the wound song I'm not at all worried about them. Golems and corpses are typically too slow to be much of a threat. These cannons are presumably the worst we're going to deal with so let's treat it as such.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

FairGame posted:

They have insane range; I think at the very least we need to kill the top ones. And since we have to scramble back to the entrance there's a risk of getting shot on the back end, too. Meaning I think they all have to die.

LETTY STUFF

Sorry, I forgot to include the scenario aid markers. The exit (a) is at the top of the northern map tile.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Man thats just like mean,

Oh yeah here, have a bunch of guns just designed to wipe the floor with you

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

FairGame posted:

Can you legally push/pull them into a useful pattern? Given that push/pull always has to be 1 hex further/closer from you, I think it'd be really tough to make it work.

If I move onto a coin I can push cannon 2 or 5 to D5 so they clump up for you, but that would also leave both of us adjacent to one and cannons love their annoying extra actions against adjacent players. I don't think its worth it considering my pull is also my high powered blast and I don't want to chug a potion early. I'm gonna go ahead and change my orders to just prep up this turn for a big next turn unless our red guard really wants two cannons clumped together as well.

I'm going to skip showing off Nobby's new catastrophic bomb for this mission, looking at my cards the others will come in more handy for this run. So I'll leave my hand as is from last time.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

FairGame posted:

LETTY STUFF

Yeah, I'm not telling you what to do, but you might want to really look at Letty's cards before the beginning of the game. I really did like a page 0 rewrite of those for that silly mobility build. Ain't trying to second-guess you or nothing, I just don't want you to get 4 turns from and now and start cursing me unto 4 generations for putting Singing Arrow in there or something.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Phelddagrif posted:

Sorry, I forgot to include the scenario aid markers. The exit (a) is at the top of the northern map tile.

This changes things. If we aren't coming back to this room maybe we run to the next and ignore the damned cannons.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah the ones by the door will still shoot us in the rear end but maybe we can get out of range of the bottom ones and see how bad the next room is. I can see either plan so we can see what our red guard thinks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.
I sent you a PM with my battle goal. I'll start at C4 or E4, whichever isn't already occupied by my Nobby.

No hand revisions (ignore my PM). Fairgame: for Letty, I would suggest:
  • Drop Mobilizing Measure, add Defensive Ditty
  • Drop Marching Beat, add Call to Action
  • Drop Tuning the Outcome, add your choice of Echoing Aria or Nimble Knife (I would lean toward Knife)
My reasoning is that there isn't a huge amount of ground to cover on this map, so you can ease off on movement a bit. Likewise, there are strong priority targets, so you want to focus on defense (Ditty, Aria) and offense (Action, Knife). You should keep Melody and Harmony for its bottom, though. This is why I always love Cripping Chorus over Echoing Aria, incidentlly.

Either way, I can also help you with pulling, no question.

As for strategy, when I played this scenario IRL I've always killed all the artillery in this room. Not a great idea to try and push forward only to have someone lagging a step or two and get sniped with no recourse over the course of several turns. That said, if we want to just bolt for it, let me know and I can plan accordingly.

I haven't sent in orders yet since I want to confirm our game plan first.

TravelLog fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Apr 12, 2022