Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

You can enjoy the four hour puppet show adaptation by Naked Bee. It's well worth watching even if you've read the fic, since Bee does some interesting things with the visuals during Dirk's paragraphs of exposition.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQ8hhddV_CO10iMt7PGZ3LSa_qB_Z_ah5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indie Rocktopus
Feb 20, 2012

In the aeroplane
over the sea

Hazbin Hotel is doing numbers. Netflix Avatar is doing numbers, so did One Piece.

Do the math, Hollywood. Edgy internet cartoons + Gen Z nostalgia. There's money on the table.

give us the Homestuck adaptation:unsmigghh:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm pretty sure it would be impossible to adapt Homestuck in a non-poo poo way given the extent to which the story relies upon text as a medium.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

I'm pretty sure it would be impossible to adapt Homestuck in a non-poo poo way given the extent to which the story relies upon text as a medium.

Why would anyone expect or even want it to not be poo poo

Indie Rocktopus
Feb 20, 2012

In the aeroplane
over the sea

Tenebrais posted:

Why would anyone expect or even want it to not be poo poo

Netflix announces a $200mil 6 season Homestuck adaptation, but the only part they adapt is Sweet Bro + Hella Jeff

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I feel like you'd have to censor most of Dave's dialogue or age the roles up so you can hire adult actors, or else you'd get arrested.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

yeah no tv show could ever get away with having potty-mouthed kids talking about gross or sexual topics that should be outside their age bracket

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Indie Rocktopus posted:

Netflix announces a $200mil 6 season Homestuck adaptation, but the only part they adapt is Sweet Bro + Hella Jeff

I was about to say something about them adapting the best part, and then I realized that Netflix could manage to gently caress up even SBaHJ, and my entire brain shuddered in terror.

Indie Rocktopus
Feb 20, 2012

In the aeroplane
over the sea

Samovar posted:

I was about to say something about them adapting the best part, and then I realized that Netflix could manage to gently caress up even SBaHJ, and my entire brain shuddered in terror.

Every episode features multiple cameos by CGI versions of dead actors

The intro is just a blank screen with a box that says "SKIP INTRO" for 90 seconds

The soundtrack is "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons, played over and over at least twice per episode, except HBOMax doesn't want to pay the licensing fees so after six months it's replaced by dead silence

Geromy is recast as a pansexual transwoman of Maori/Quebecois descent, then hastily written out of the show after two episodes because alt-right youtubers lose their loving minds

One character makes an MCU joke, and then another character responds: "um, sorry, but can you wrap it up with the meta Marvely dialoguey stuff? It's soooooo 2000-late."

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

just wanted to make you something beautiful

Indie Rocktopus posted:

The intro is just a blank screen with a box that says "SKIP INTRO" for 90 seconds

The soundtrack is "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons, played over and over at least twice per episode, except HBOMax doesn't want to pay the licensing fees so after six months it's replaced by dead silence

Geromy is recast as a pansexual transwoman of Maori/Quebecois descent, then hastily written out of the show after two episodes because alt-right youtubers lose their loving minds

One character makes an MCU joke, and then another character responds: "um, sorry, but can you wrap it up with the meta Marvely dialoguey stuff? It's soooooo 2000-late."

Beautifully wretched. Bravo. :golfclap:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Alright, it took them a bit to get their momentum going, but I'm really enjoying the last few Beyond Canon updates.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Can't believe Jake English is going to do domestic violence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Indie Rocktopus posted:

Actually, that intro bit would be perfect for SBaHJ. But yeah, otherwise a dizzying blow to body and brain.