Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

Looks okay, but really needs more bones and skulls.

ANAmal.net posted:

The thing I love about the hover sled is that it's being pulled by regular-rear end wolves. Like, they build this hovering metallic boat and put their legion's master in it, but instead of lashing it to cyber wolves or whatever, it's just a couple of dogs that showed up, to tow the thing.

I thought the book said that it was pulled by a pair of Thunderwolves? Could be wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

ANAmal.net posted:

The thing I love about the hover sled is that it's being pulled by regular-rear end wolves. Like, they build this hovering metallic boat and put their legion's master in it, but instead of lashing it to cyber wolves or whatever, it's just a couple of dogs that showed up, to tow the thing.

It's thunderwolves, which are Space Wolves where the canix helix went apeshit. Fenris has no native wolves. It's all humans and space marines that went apeshit after the canix helix got implanted.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Direwolf posted:

I ebayed a ton of stuff at the end of last year, so here's my advice based on that:

Selling as a lot is a good way to unload stuff if you're looking to unload but will make you less money. Ebay doesn't charge per-item so there's little cost benefit to doing it, and usually people will be looking for substantial discounts for a lot - sell them in groups of what they are and people will be more willing to spend extra for the one unit they need.

Don't bother stripping them, I don't think you'd be making more (and may be able to sell them for more because the paint job's decent).

I'd sell them as:
3x Warlocks
3x Warlocks
5x Rangers (painted)
5x Rangers (unpainted)
Farseer
Autarch
Fire Dragons
Warp Spiders

Make sure you note there's combined shipping/to check out your other listings, it's cheaper for everyone involved and might cause people to grab stuff they wouldn't otherwise.
Price wise, I'd put an auction starting at 50% of retail with a buy-it of like 80%, unless you were hoping for a painting premium.

Tell me how much you want for the Fire Dragons shipped and I might take them off your hands. I might be interested in the rangers as well. (all 10)

PM me.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
The new Nagash is a step back in skullcount, so I'm ambivalent.

40K lore: The Decree of Passivity states that no member of the Ecclesiarchy can have a standing (male) army, so they are mostly protected by the Sisters of Battle and random zealots who are pointed at the enemy. This makes sense for temple guards and bodyguards. What happens when a high-ranking Cardinal owns an entire planet, like a Shrine World? Wouldn't they need a PDF, SDF, that sort of thing?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Shadeoses posted:

40K lore: The Decree of Passivity states that no member of the Ecclesiarchy can have a standing (male) army, so they are mostly protected by the Sisters of Battle and random zealots who are pointed at the enemy. This makes sense for temple guards and bodyguards. What happens when a high-ranking Cardinal owns an entire planet, like a Shrine World? Wouldn't they need a PDF, SDF, that sort of thing?

I would think that the PDF would technically be part of the local government rather than the Ecclesiarchy. Then again, I'm not well versed in fictional futurechurch politics.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Been slowly working my way through painting all my DA successors. Need to finish up the rest of the pile and get my hands on more bases.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
The chapter symbol on those DA successors looks familiar. Is it essentially the eye from the middle of an Elder Sign or am I thinking of something else?

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Nope, that's it exactly. I felt like aiming for a Fallen/relic hunter sort of group and it seemed vaguely fitting.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Shadeoses posted:

40K lore: The Decree of Passivity states that no member of the Ecclesiarchy can have a standing (male) army, so they are mostly protected by the Sisters of Battle and random zealots who are pointed at the enemy. This makes sense for temple guards and bodyguards. What happens when a high-ranking Cardinal owns an entire planet, like a Shrine World? Wouldn't they need PDF, SDF, that sort of thing?

It's easy to argue that a Defense Force isn't an army, the same way Japan was able to keep a standing fighting force purely for defence after World War 2

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Had a 2v1 game last night, my CSM were teamed up with Imperial Fists (we ignored the Allies chart completely for this game) at 750 pts each and we were facing our resident Destroyer of All Armies (our best player who hasn't lost a game yet) playing DA, bringing what a 'fun list' that even included a dreadnought (which he's never used before).

The star moment of the battle came in the very first turn when BOTH of my Rhinos, loaded with Berzerkers, got stuck...one of them saved themselves with its dozer blade but the other one that had KHARN rolled a 1 *again*...and we had a laugh at how nervous Kharn's driver must have felt when his tracks got stuck.

From there, the Forging of Narratives got bogged down in how much the Chaos Fists got dominated, including Kharn dying to Deathwing Knights, a Razorback not touching Belial on his jetbike at all, a Fists Vindicator exploding to the DA dreadnought and my Helbrute taking down the same dreadnought in 3 rounds of assault as the dreadnought was attacking the Fists Librarian.

But it was still fun using the new MDF city ruins I got recently, it really is a total change of pace to the previous city terrain I'd set up before.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

DJ Dizzy posted:

It's thunderwolves, which are Space Wolves where the canix helix went apeshit. Fenris has no native wolves. It's all humans and space marines that went apeshit after the canix helix got implanted.
Wait, so that's the fluff behind Thunderwolves?
Literally Space Wolves who ended up growing their own fursuit?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

HiveCommander posted:

Its a little bit more complicated than that. They're space wolves who have their gene seed go haywire. Much like the Black Rage in Blood Angels, its a defect that sends the canis helix into overdrive and this mutates and increases their sensitivity to the warp. And since fenris is easily breachable by warp entities they merge and turn into the wolves.

There are no Wolves on Fenris.

serious gaylord fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Aug 21, 2014

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010
There are no wolves on Fenris :downs: efb ughh

Anyone taken the leap on a Fire Raptor yet? Wondering how much extra work is needed to assemble, put off the Storm Eagle since forever due to all the horror stories.

That is p much why I haven't bought a Raptor/Eagle
\/\/\/

Creepy Goat fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Aug 21, 2014

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
It happened again!

http://www.acmenovelties.net/scale_models/how_to_build_a_model/

no blood on the carpet this time though

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

quote:

There are no Wolves on Fenris.

Haha who cares it's still visually a pair of wolves pulling that loving sled. You can talk about whatever weeaboo justification you want for it but the Master of the Space Wolves Chapter rides a dog sled into battle.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

TheChirurgeon posted:

Haha who cares it's still visually a pair of wolves pulling that loving sled. You can talk about whatever weeaboo justification you want for it but the Master of the Space Wolves Chapter rides a dog sled into battle.

Well yeah, but that poster was asking about the fluff for them. So congrats on the over reaction I guess.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

serious gaylord posted:

Well yeah, but that poster was asking about the fluff for them. So congrats on the over reaction I guess.

No, he was talking about the visual aspect of the model, you big baby. There's not even a question mark in his post

VVVV hahaha poo poo I didn't even think about that.

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Aug 21, 2014

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
I support the fluff behind the lack of wolves on Fenris but then are the space wolves covering their armor in dead battle brother's body parts? To think they look down their nose at others for doing the same thing. Casting the first stone etc.

Boon posted:

Also, Tomb Kings loving hate him because he destroyed their civilization (he was originally from that civilization).

Tomb Kings hate him. Learn one weird trick to making a skeleton do your bidding.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
There are no bees on Sedge. They're all humans and space marines that have an Apoidea Helix that went out of control, transforming them into bees. Now they're cursed to forever pollinate, but can redeem themselves by stinging the enemies of mankind.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I thought the wolves on Fenris were the mutated remnants of some of the original colonists who thought injecting dog DNA into themselves was a good idea. The canis helix was their idea and pre-dated Leman Russ. All of this is apparently wrong if the 40k wiki is right. Though that doesn't explain where the wolves/thunderwolves came from. They were there before the Space Wolves were a thing. I also remember reading on one of the leaked pictures of Grimnar's sled that the wolves were brother and sister which would imply them as being an actual species and not just failed, mutated space marines. There's probably a bunch of wulfen running around though.

Goddamnit, I don't even play Space Wolves. 40k stuff just worms its way into my brain. :spergin:

Dr Hemulen
Jan 25, 2003

Reading 40K fluff is like listening to children play. They'll say the most awesome thing about their toy they can come up with at any given moment. Don't expect it to have internal consistency.

Improbable Lobster posted:

There are no bees on Sedge. They're all humans and space marines that have an Apoidea Helix that went out of control, transforming them into bees. Now they're cursed to forever pollinate, but can redeem themselves by stinging the enemies of mankind.

Those are obviously wasps!
:eng101:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

HardCoil posted:

Where's the arse dagger?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

TheChirurgeon posted:

No, he was talking about the visual aspect of the model, you big baby. There's not even a question mark in his post

VVVV hahaha poo poo I didn't even think about that.

HiveCommander posted:

Is the post we were responding to.

Dr Hemulen
Jan 25, 2003

Irrelevant question, since this is a bee/wasp argument.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
I'm glad I brought it up though, because the actual explanation is dumber and yet somehow more wonderful that I could have ever imagined. Goddamn.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

HardCoil posted:

Reading 40K fluff is like listening to children play. They'll say the most awesome thing about their toy they can come up with at any given moment. Don't expect it to have internal consistency.

Well I told you there weren't any bees

I wonder if the Space Sharks have Thundersharks

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

ANAmal.net posted:

I'm glad I brought it up though, because the actual explanation is dumber and yet somehow more wonderful that I could have ever imagined. Goddamn.

Its pure, distilled 40k. Space Wolves hate the warp and refuse to believe their Wolf Priests use it, yet their planet is so infused with it that their geneseed has been forever tainted to the point of permanent mutation and possession by warp entities.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

ANAmal.net posted:

In the grim darkness of the far future there are only dogsleds pulled by regular-rear end wolvesmutated human monsters

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

VendaGoat posted:

Just had a problem. It left a rather noticeable "white film". I'm currently reading about how to correct this. From isopropyl alcohol to a second coat of non-krylon. :argh:

Did you shake the can enough and not spray it out in the rain?
A second coat of it should help any white film spots.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

VendaGoat posted:

Just had a problem. It left a rather noticeable "white film". I'm currently reading about how to correct this. From isopropyl alcohol to a second coat of non-krylon. :argh:

If you paint gloss varnish over this it will sort this issue out. Its caused by the varnish trapping water molecules as it dries which bubble out and leave tiny pits which dont reflect light in the same way as the varnish around them. The gloss fills those pits and you can then matte it down afterwards.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Well I told you there weren't any bees

I wonder if the Space Sharks have Thundersharks

Back when, I almost made a Space Sharks army using the SW codex. Shark Lords riding Thundershark Mounts, Wave Axes, S.E.A.L. Scouts, Saga of the Mariner Born, Long Fins, Great White Hunters... sadly, it was never to be. Still makes me nostalgic to think about it, though.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

AbusePuppy posted:

Back when, I almost made a Space Sharks army using the SW codex. Shark Lords riding Thundershark Mounts, Wave Axes, S.E.A.L. Scouts, Saga of the Mariner Born, Long Fins, Great White Hunters... sadly, it was never to be. Still makes me nostalgic to think about it, though.

Someone do this.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

TheChirurgeon posted:

In the grim darkness of the far future there are only dogsleds pulled by regular-rear end wolvesmutated human monsters

No wonder they don't like Inquisitors poking around on Fenris.
Space Wolves; accidentally Raven Guard?

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

AbusePuppy posted:

The world needs a hover pirate ship being pulled by hover sharks.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Draigo needs to Mcguyver the Skull Throne into a chariot to really emphasise how he makes the Chaos gods his bitch.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

HiveCommander posted:

Draigo needs to Mcguyver the Skull Throne into a chariot to really emphasise how he makes the Chaos gods his bitch.

You've given me an idea for the wolf chariot i bought.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Everything fluff related is awesome. One faction has the souls of dead twins piloting a huge gay robot and another has its largest war machines piloted by a guy in a bathtub. Hell, Logan Grimnar riding a dog sled isn't even the dumbest thing in that book. Hail Satan.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

panascope posted:

Everything fluff related is awesome. One faction has the souls of dead twins piloting a huge gay robot and another has its largest war machines piloted by a guy in a bathtub. Hell, Logan Grimnar riding a dog sled isn't even the dumbest thing in that book. Hail Satan.

Space Marines eat the brains of enemies to learn their secrets.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Welcome to the exciting world of warhammer 40,000. One faction is bugs that fire smaller bugs as weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

panascope posted:

Welcome to the exciting world of warhammer 40,000. One faction is bugs that fire smaller bugs as weapons.

Also where this army of space fascists fight another army of space fascists

• Locked thread