Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

XMNN posted:

By the look of most of these comments here it sure seems to me people really do hate human rights & love government looting. The Bundys or Hammonds never burned any homes down while the Government BLM have burned down 200 or so homes with millions of bucks in Infrastructure damage to the land & cattle & they'res no compensation or charges for it., While the Bundys haven't signed a new contract with them & paid no money in years , hey I don't blame them. The new contract was setup in a way to drive them of the land so the gov could steal that land for their own filthy greedy profit to extract it's resources while at same time poisoning it as they always do. But hey, if you didn't know that well then obviously you've been towing The Mainstream Media Line that tells you what they want you to hear so you never get the real truth, & that is ignorance. How about spending allot more time on the internet & watching many of the youtube videos so you can see what really is going on & preferably not Lamestream Media ones that are just to hoodwink you all to their bogus lies conflict of interest networks. The sooner that people see the government for what they really are, the better. Cause they only care for themselves & not us for their just greedy parasites that are hijacked by filthy rich globalist elitists that only care to exploit & enslave us. How is it ever right when government are allowed to murder people & get away with while they gonna try the Bundys on trumped up BS charges that make them sound like terrorists because the government just make it up as they go along to sweep the truth under the carpet by whatever means. The Government is on a mission of Collectivism to get control of as much land as possible which is all a part of their Agenda 21 Plan to herd you all like cattle into the cities & have you living in squaler like sardine crammed can apartments. Google it to go educate yourselves about this cause it's one big plan that's very real that is also called The WIldlands Project. The Government wants to screw almost all of us over by design & you've probably got no idea about it because why? maybe your drinking their Pesticide RatSac Dammed Fluoride cool aid water that has turned many of you into dumb sheep cause that Fluoride has destroyed your Pineal Gland & when you die of cancer you'll be wondering which Government Eugenics measure is in it's process to killing you. Why would any of you trust your government while they are crapping in your food with GMO's & many other nastys poison in the water , Spraying Chemtrail Barium & Ehtlylene Di Bromide in the air, Cor-Exit in the oil spills, nuclear radiation premeditadidly dumped in the oceans & used to bomb innocent people with in war zones. & Shal Gas Fraking that will poison almost all Artesian Ground Bore drinking water. The Government is to blame for all of this cause all these crimes are things that the government can fix in a heartbeat but instead they opt for their love child corporations to implement most of these measures to screw us over. A corporation will kill a shitload of people & the only charge will come down in a High COurt for just how big a fine is to be paid at the cost of expendable human life in their eyes. If you people choose to stay ignorant & then things get really bad well then remember all this I have told you when you's had the choice to WAKE UP & then wake others up so SHTF can be prevented. There really is a bigger picture to all of this but if you really want to know you should go learn about yourself. > http://911essentials.com/ <

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

XMNN posted:

How about spending allot more time on the internet & watching many of the youtube videos so you can see what really is going on & preferably not Lamestream Media ones that are just to hoodwink you all to their bogus lies conflict of interest networks.
This statement is amazing because it's what they really believe. The flood of contradictory nonsense where someone blabbers on about Hillary selling the Bundy's cows to Russia for Agenda 21 is considered a news source to them. When someone makes comments criticizing their youtube videos or disagreeing with them, they accuse the person of not having enough subscribers to their youtube account and therefore being an FBI plant, because the point of youtube, to them, is to record themselves shouting conspiracy theories and gather like-minded subscribers.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

XMNN posted:

By the look of most of these comments here it sure seems to me people really do hate human rights & love government looting. The Bundys or Hammonds never burned any homes down while the Government BLM have burned down 200 or so homes with millions of bucks in Infrastructure damage to the land & cattle & they'res no compensation or charges for it., While the Bundys haven't signed a new contract with them & paid no money in years , hey I don't blame them. The new contract was setup in a way to drive them of the land so the gov could steal that land for their own filthy greedy profit to extract it's resources while at same time poisoning it as they always do. But hey, if you didn't know that well then obviously you've been towing The Mainstream Media Line that tells you what they want you to hear so you never get the real truth, & that is ignorance. How about spending allot more time on the internet & watching many of the youtube videos so you can see what really is going on & preferably not Lamestream Media ones that are just to hoodwink you all to their bogus lies conflict of interest networks. The sooner that people see the government for what they really are, the better. Cause they only care for themselves & not us for their just greedy parasites that are hijacked by filthy rich globalist elitists that only care to exploit & enslave us. How is it ever right when government are allowed to murder people & get away with while they gonna try the Bundys on trumped up BS charges that make them sound like terrorists because the government just make it up as they go along to sweep the truth under the carpet by whatever means. The Government is on a mission of Collectivism to get control of as much land as possible which is all a part of their Agenda 21 Plan to herd you all like cattle into the cities & have you living in squaler like sardine crammed can apartments. Google it to go educate yourselves about this cause it's one big plan that's very real that is also called The WIldlands Project. The Government wants to screw almost all of us over by design & you've probably got no idea about it because why? maybe your drinking their Pesticide RatSac Dammed Fluoride cool aid water that has turned many of you into dumb sheep cause that Fluoride has destroyed your Pineal Gland & when you die of cancer you'll be wondering which Government Eugenics measure is in it's process to killing you. Why would any of you trust your government while they are crapping in your food with GMO's & many other nastys poison in the water , Spraying Chemtrail Barium & Ehtlylene Di Bromide in the air, Cor-Exit in the oil spills, nuclear radiation premeditadidly dumped in the oceans & used to bomb innocent people with in war zones. & Shal Gas Fraking that will poison almost all Artesian Ground Bore drinking water. The Government is to blame for all of this cause all these crimes are things that the government can fix in a heartbeat but instead they opt for their love child corporations to implement most of these measures to screw us over. A corporation will kill a shitload of people & the only charge will come down in a High COurt for just how big a fine is to be paid at the cost of expendable human life in their eyes. If you people choose to stay ignorant & then things get really bad well then remember all this I have told you when you's had the choice to WAKE UP & then wake others up so SHTF can be prevented. There really is a bigger picture to all of this but if you really want to know you should go learn about yourself. > http://911essentials.com/ <

does anyone know why nutsos do that arbitrary capitalization thing? it's such a tell that there has to be some mechanism to it.

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

VectorSigma posted:

does anyone know why nutsos do that arbitrary capitalization thing? it's such a tell that there has to be some mechanism to it.

when you understand everything these people do/say as mimicry, it starts to make sense

they acquired their speech, politics, morality, everything, the way a parrot learns to talk

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

If you surround yourself with crazy, you too, shall become crazy.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

VectorSigma posted:

it's a thing that schizophrenics do

mostly the idea is that whatever is capitalized has a different or additional meaning or nuance to their schizo brain that they can't easily convey

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

VectorSigma posted:

My theory is it stems from evangelical's insistence in capitalizing pronouns (referring to God as He and Him, etc.), or just in general. They see that and want to co-opt it for their own crazy stuff to make it seem super important.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

XMNN posted:

Incorrect, it's called The Avatar Project

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Squaler

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

cumshitter posted:

please tell me that when you came to you sounded like mickey mouse

i distinctly remember that by the time i came to i was talking normally and was super disappointed :(

LethalGeek posted:

Better didja squeak when you hit the ground and all that gas was pushed out?

lol maybe

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

has anyone said pastriot yet?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

XMNN posted:

Dad?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

it's weird how someone can be so against corporations and yet use that as a justification for smaller government

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

VectorSigma posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3708238

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

oh hey that thread is still around? that was a good thread :shobon:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

it's weird how someone can be so against corporations and yet use that as a justification for smaller government

I'm real particular on that he brings up fracking and using Corexit to clean up oil spills when that's not the government's doing, that's the fault of petrochemical corporations that the government through agencies like the EPA are trying to regulate.

I also love that almost always these large sprawling rants turn out to be advertisements for products that they're shilling, like survival rations, gas masks, or silver nitrate snake oil.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Cthulu Carl posted:

And Lo, did Jesus stand on the mount shouting "I have a cross at my head right now!"

And so it was that a lone legionary named Marcus strode forth and declared. "But Jesus! If thou come peacefully, thou might enjoy the warmth of our chariots!"

To which Jesus looked down upon Marcus and spoke, "Wouldst though also bring forth mine weed that I may toke of it? And wouldst thou bring forth a pizza for I am hungry."

The disciples were shocked at this. "But rabbi!" Shouted Peter. "Surely a trip to Denny's would be preferable to pizza!"

At this Jesus flew into a rage. "Do not call me rabbi! I am not a rabbi for it was the Jews who were responsible for the Second Punic War, and responsible for the Romans mutating thine bretheren with chemtrails!" And so it was Jesus did deliver his sermon to those at the foot of the hill, turning one hour into seven. And Judas did say, "My Lord, I do not believe there is anything I can sayeth to you anymore."

And so did Marcus once again step forth and spoke. "Jesus, I have talked to the Centurions and if you come with us, we shalt have our legions shout hallelujah for thee!"

quoting again lol

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Young Freud posted:

I'm real particular on that he brings up fracking and using Corexit to clean up oil spills when that's not the government's doing, that's the fault of petrochemical corporations that the government through agencies like the EPA are trying to regulate.

I also love that almost always these large sprawling rants turn out to be advertisements for products that they're shilling, like survival rations, gas masks, or silver nitrate snake oil.
Silver nitrate snake oil is the best way to keep government vampires away while also turning blue.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

CannonFodder posted:

Silver nitrate snake oil is the best way to keep government vampires away while also turning blue.

He passed away from a heart attack. :(

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

CannonFodder posted:

Silver nitrate burns tissues black. It's colloidal silver that gets you the sexy moon man blue sheen.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

El_Elegante posted:

Silver nitrate burns tissues black. It's colloidal silver that gets you the sexy moon man blue sheen.
I get my nutjob silver tinctures mixed up.

That's why I only hoard gold.

edit: gold and bullets. But not silver bullets, werewolves don't exist, the Reptilians ate them.

CannonFodder has issued a correction as of 18:50 on Feb 16, 2016

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Prosecutors are asking that Cliven be denied bail, on account that he's a dangerous nutcase who doesn't believe the federal courts have any authority.
He's also a really lovely rancher. http://www.scribd.com/doc/299471534/2-16-16-Doc-4-U-S-A-v-CLIVEN-BUNDY-USA-Detention-Memorandum-for-Cliven-Bundy

quote:

Bundy, 69, is a long-time resident of Bunkerville, Nevada, living on 160 acres of land in a very rural and sparsely-populated area of the state. Bundy Ranch, as he refers to the property, is located near the Virgin River a few miles from where Interstate 15 crosses from Nevada into Arizona, approximately 90 miles northeast of Las Vegas, Nevada. Bundy Ranch is surrounded by hundreds of thousands of acres of federal public lands commonly referred to as the Gold Butte area (and includes an area formerly known as the Bunkerville Allotment). Bundy uses that entire range of land to graze his cattle unlawfully.

While Bundy claims he is a cattle rancher, his ranching operation – to the extent it can be called that – is unconventional if not bizarre. Rather than manage and control his cattle, he lets them run wild on the public lands with little, if any, human interaction until such time when he traps them and hauls them off to be sold or slaughtered for his own consumption. He does not vaccinate or treat his cattle for disease; does not employ cowboys to control and herd them; does not manage or control breeding; has no knowledge of where all the cattle are located at any given time; rarely brands them before he captures them; and has to bait them into traps in order to gather them.

Nor does he bring his cattle off the public lands in the off-season to feed them when the already sparse food supply in the desert is even scarcer. Raised in the wild, Bundy’s cattle are left to fend for themselves year-round, fighting off predators and scrounging for the meager amounts of food and water available in the difficult and arid terrain that comprises the public lands in that area of the country. Bereft of human interaction, his cattle that manage to survive are wild, mean and ornery. At the time of the events giving rise to the charges, Bundy’s cattle numbered over 1,000 head, straying as far as 50 miles from his ranch and into the Lake Mead National Recreation Area (“LMNRA”), getting stuck in mud, wandering onto golf courses, straying onto the freeway (causing accidents on occasion) – foraging aimlessly and wildly, roaming in small groups over hundreds of thousands of acres of federal lands that exist for the use of the general public for many other types of commercial and recreational uses such as camping, hunting, and hiking.

Bundy claims he has strong anti-federal government views, proclaiming that the federal government cannot own land under the U.S. Constitution. These are not principled views – and certainly they have no merit legally – but nonetheless serve conveniently as a way for Bundy to somehow try to convince others that he has some reason for acting lawlessly, other than the obvious one: it serves his own ends and benefits him financially. Untethering himself from the law, Bundy claims he can do with his cattle as he pleases, including not incurring the expenses to manage or control them and not paying for the forage they consume at the expense of federal taxpayers.

Federal law requires any rancher to pay fees and obtain grazing permits to run cattle on public lands. The evidence suggests that before 1993, Bundy paid fees and kept current the permit his father before him had acquired for grazing cattle on the Bunkerville Allotment. In 1993, however, when BLM restricted both the number of head he could graze and the seasons during which he could graze them, Bundy was faced with the prospect of having to control his herd and bring them off the land during the off-season. It was then that Bundy claimed that he supposedly “fired the BLM” and refused, from then until to the present, to pay any grazing fees or submit to permits. It appears that Bundy made some attempt to fight the 1993 restrictions administratively but to no avail. But despite losing, he continued in his scofflawways, ignoring BLM regulations and restrictions pertaining to his use of the public lands, allowing his cattle to run wild and refusing to pay for the forage he leached off the taxpayers

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
make bundy burgers out of his meat

sell to alabama

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Angela Christine posted:

Prosecutors are asking that Cliven be denied bail, on account that he's a dangerous nutcase who doesn't believe the federal courts have any authority.
He's also a really lovely rancher. http://www.scribd.com/doc/299471534/2-16-16-Doc-4-U-S-A-v-CLIVEN-BUNDY-USA-Detention-Memorandum-for-Cliven-Bundy

If I own it, I can abuse it any way I please.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Darth123123 posted:

If I own it, I can abuse it any way I please.

You'd think he'd have the sense to at least abuse them in a way that isn't counterproductive to the whole idea of raising beef cattle.

Like his dumbass let 'em wander methods are probably costing him more in lost potential earnings than him paying the BLM and generally raising those cattle in a sensible way ever would've.

Vincent Van Goatse has issued a correction as of 02:22 on Feb 17, 2016

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

For his consumption? He owns a shitload of cattle, lets them wander wherever, and then eats whoever he finds?
The most dangerous game but with cows?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Cattle are slaves.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I know some Nevada public schools that are going to be serving real beef for lunch, soon.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glsQEwWZLqg

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

free cows on the land

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

sovereign boveign

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

quote:

In 1993, however, when BLM restricted both the number of head he could graze and the seasons during which he could graze them, Bundy was faced with the prospect of having to control his herd and bring them off the land during the off-season. It was then that Bundy claimed that he supposedly “fired the BLM” and refused, from then until to the present, to pay any grazing fees or submit to permits.

I can't for the life of me understand why this guy thinks the federal government has no authority over him. It's almost like the government refusing to do any meaningful enforcement of the law beyond levying fines against him for over two decades fed into and confirmed his batshit legal beliefs :iiam:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Geoj posted:

I can't for the life of me understand why this guy thinks the federal government has no authority over him. It's almost like the government refusing to do any meaningful enforcement of the law beyond levying fines against him for over two decades fed into and confirmed his batshit legal beliefs :iiam:

I wonder what he thinks in his mind right now. Does he really believe that they don't have any authority as he sits in a cell, alone, being told when to move and where to go? Isn't that authority? Like in my mind real authority goes as far as you can enforce it, and the Feds are enforcing their authority all over the dumb mormon ranch man.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

How is Cliven even making ends meet if he operates his "ranch" so poorly, and mostly consumes the cattle within the family? Not paying his taxes or grazing fees doesn't really account for that. He doesn't even have the foster kid slavery racket that Tarp Boy had.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Krinkle posted:

For his consumption? He owns a shitload of cattle, lets them wander wherever, and then eats whoever he finds?
The most dangerous game but with cows?

He probably sells a few whenever he needs cash. Free-range, grass fed, hormone free, 100% organic beef is worth a lot to some people. But gathering many good young beef cows at one time is going to be difficult, given that they are spread out all over hundreds of square miles of arid land it is probably a bunch of lovely little herds each with their own grumpy old bull. Apparently he spends more time chasing off supposed federal agents than doing anything that qualifies as animal husbandry.

Bronze age herdsmen took more care of their stock. It's like he's trying to regress ranching back into subsistence hunting.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Casimir Radon posted:

How is Cliven even making ends meet if he operates his "ranch" so poorly, and mostly consumes the cattle within the family? Not paying his taxes or grazing fees doesn't really account for that. He doesn't even have the foster kid slavery racket that Tarp Boy had.

If he can manage to get a couple dozen cows to slaughter for sale each year he can probably make ends meet. The property taxes on his 160 acres of nevada desert can't be that much, and since he doesn't bother with fencing and such the ranching costs are super low. He can use his claimed "1000 head of (feral) cattle" as collateral on loans if he has to.

Oh, and welfare, of course. http://usuncut.com/news/5-government-handouts-bundys-receive/

quote:

The Small Business Administration (SBA) offers a loan guarantee program for businesses that don’t qualify for assistance in the private credit market. As Mother Jones reported, Ammon Bundy — the ringleader of the Malheur takeover bemoaning federal overreach — got a $530,000 loan from the SBA in 2010 for his truck maintenance business in Arizona, costing taxpayers over $22,000. What the loan was used for or whether or not Bundy repaid it is not listed in public records.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

For those who couldn't stand to listen to the horrible livestreams the final night and morning, the washington post has made a good summary. https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...9561_story.html

quote:

After several silent minutes, Fry lit a cigarette and said, “Well, alrighty then.”

He shouted that he wanted everyone there to say “Hallelujah.”

The FBI agents yelled “Hallelujah!”

Thirty miles away, at an FBI command post in an old schoolhouse in Burns where top state and federal officials were watching a live video feed, everyone shouted “Hallelujah!”

And Fry walked out of the tent.

Hallelujah!

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Angela Christine posted:

if they had any balls they'd ram a truck bomb into the side of the prison and blast them out, iraq style

surely there are some actual vets in the gang who know the rules of the game, they cant all be stolen valor

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I bet we find cattle hanging from nooses next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
theres a cat lady by my home who tosses meow mix onto the sidewalk every day for her cats and strays to eat

she is doing a better job controlling feral cats than bundy is doing with his cattle just by feeding them