Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

gently caress YES EVERYBODY TENCENT IS PUTTING AN EARLY ACCESS MOBA ON SWITCH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

In Training posted:

:homebrew:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Also, I don't want to put too fine of a point on this, but it's pretty obvious that no one at Nintendo has ever seen an Italian nipple. Those things should be cocoa brown

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sorry I'll have more to post about when I finish the VOD

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HD-2D lol....I need this game

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

it'll take ninty another generation, at least, to render his iconic mediterranean back hair

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Was the story good or was that bad too? That's like half the reason I loved the first game so much

I liked it for awhile but there's essentially no story. the one that's there kinda blows, sadly.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Y'all see that giant ball of waddle dees

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
downloading octopath demo rn

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

In Training posted:

Y'all see that giant ball of waddle dees

Yeah... waddle DEEZ NUTS!! GOT EEEM

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Uncle Amiibo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

LOL

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
https://twitter.com/OmeteotI/status/908121086763704321

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Octopath Traveler looks so good. Mario Odyssey is going to blow my balls off with awesomeness. All those Atlus games on 3DS will keep me charging it for the next year. Kelp Dome is loving back!!! on Friday! Oh hell yes! Morphies Law lmfao. That was some PC poo poo.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
nothing about DQ11 3DS, that poo poo's not happening

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

nothing about DQ11 3DS, that poo poo's not happening

WHat a bummer that is,...

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

gonna play octo demo now

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

http://kirby.nintendo.com/battle-royale/#kirby-25th

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Voted Crash.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I voted Leaf

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
https://i.imgur.com/Pwpac81.mp4

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

suplex is best

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Fully hyped for Xenoblade 2. Never owned a WiiU so I never played X, but people said it was crappy. Was it?

Imagine the first game, but without any well-defined characters or any plot to speak of, and instead you just kind of meander around and occasionally encounter baffling cutscenes. At 60 hours I had done about 3/4 of the main plot and had never interacted with the main antagonist: I fought a henchman twice and saw who I think is the main antagonist in two separate cutscenes where he talked to a lion man (Iion men have not been seen outside of those cutscenes).

The environments are very nice and the exploring/movement FEELS a ton better than the first game. There's just nothing really to do besides grab generic loot and do vaguely interesting sidequests. The quest system is also insanely dumb and will often require you to drop or add specific party members to even accept the quest. (you don't do this with a menu, you have to memorize their various locations and go talk to them to re-recruit them).

It's an OK game that's really bad in a lot of incredibly dumb ways. It's kind of impressive in that regard.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

this Octo game is fun, really charming

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Voted sleep :troll:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i don't care if the 3ds version of dq11 comes out because thE best version will be on ps4

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I just whooped this whole towns rear end with olberic

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Impressions

Project Octopath traveller looks amazing

Mario Party top 100 is a an auto buy

It's cool that the kimishima is taking a page out of ATVI's book and making them remaster old games with a little bonus (cod superstar saga:m&l modern warfare)

The mp.kirby looks sick. One of the modes looks like a Kirby moba

What's up with the voice acting in Xenoblade chronic 2 and why does the gameplay look like FFXV with down syndrome . Why do people keep hiring these terrible British VO studios...

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I've only played X, but the xenoblade combat is so lifeless and dull, i don't get the appeal at all

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

the octopath demo is great

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

It's basically cooldown management MMO combat which is NOT for everyone. There's more stuff under the surface once you start getting stronger (positioning, combos, team skills etc) but the core combat doesn't change much. Each playable character is completely different tho, so swapping between everyone kept it feeling fresh since they fill different roles & whatnot. The combo system was great since there's a point where if you aren't knocking down the enemy you're toast

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Fiend Matador posted:

drat, this game looks badass

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Evil Eagle posted:

Mario Odyssey confirmed GOTY. Can't believe that there are up to 69 moons in a stage

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

In Training posted:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Interested to hear more about Octopath Traveler and The Alliance Alive.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

give an inch and you take a mile

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It's basically cooldown management MMO combat which is NOT for everyone. There's more stuff under the surface once you start getting stronger (positioning, combos, team skills etc) but the core combat doesn't change much. Each playable character is completely different tho, so swapping between everyone kept it feeling fresh since they fill different roles & whatnot. The combo system was great since there's a point where if you aren't knocking down the enemy you're toast

yeah, the main problem with X's combat from what I saw was that the mech suits were so much stronger than any character so the endgame was just everyone in suits using the same really strong skills on everything, so it didnt have the variety the first game had at all. and even outside that there were a billion random people you could recruit as party members so no one really had strongly defined roles.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I liked the callout system in X and how you could customize it and mix and match weapon types, it kept combat feeling fresh until you got Skells whereas in the first game combat got stale well before the end. I missed characters being unique from the original but the other stuff was worth it imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Octopath is going to be so good